Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+11
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Frost
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Valikdu
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Scienza
15 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:20 am

Protest this, B-holes:
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:13 pm

A fic relevant to the interests of some here
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Aye, I've read that one.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:49 am

Yeah, I read that one too and it was pretty good.

Frost wrote:
Protest this, B-holes:
8/10 not enough cowcatcher:

Since Frost shared a while back, here's what I just bought: Trekonomics.
Promo videos:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:30 am

Icy Shake wrote:Yeah, I read that one too and it was pretty good.

Frost wrote:
Protest this, B-holes:
8/10 not enough cowcatcher:
While we're on the topic of laughing at things best not laughed at:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:31 pm

That trekonomics thing looks interesting, at least from the introduction and chapter 1.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:54 pm

It's like bowling, but all the pins and balls are magnetic. And all the pins are hippy morons.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:37 pm

CodeSpell: Programming is Magic
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:43 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Somber11
Well, everyone… It’s out. 77. The final chapter, with the epilogue after it. I doubt that this is the end of work on PH; there will be typos found and fixed, almost certainly, there are a few edits Somber wants to make, and we hope to get it on FIMFiction. This is, however, the end of the story, over 1.6 million words resulting from over four years of work. We did it. It has been quite a ride. Kind of hard to believe that this is the last time I’m expecting to fly the Somber Signal... Though the Signal wasn’t there at the beginning, of course, when PH, was just another small, anonymous FoE sidefic in an EQD compilation post, less than ten chapters to its name. Only two chapters posted, when I first saw it, and certainly no dedicated comment thread; I left my error-spotting mixed in with posts about many other stories. Still, Somber saw them, and somehow, I’m not really clear on the details now, I ended up working with him in the document for Chapter 3. I do rather wonder how my life might have been different if I’d decided to spend that time reading some other new two-chapter story in the compilation. PH has gotten so, well, okay, not big exactly, since it’s still a niche within a niche within a niche, but hopefully you know what I mean. Speaking of that, thank you all very much for reading; without you, our readers, I doubt that we’d have lasted anywhere near this long. Some of you may have helped more than others, but I think every bit of positive or constructive feedback has probably helped. Anyway. The end of the story is here. I hope you enjoy it. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:CodeSpell: Programming is Magic
Hm, neat.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:41 am

These people are angry over a violent thug being shot to death a year ago. Reason isn't exactly their strong suit, dude.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:05 am

I like having a small car on a day-to-day basis, but when you start needing to move stuff around, shit becomes annoying.

Gotta have to rent a truck just because my car was like 20 centimeters too short to carry a package.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:44 pm

It seems a good number of classics like John Carpenter's The Thing and Prince of Darkness are no longer available for Netflix streaming. I suppose they had to make room for the really acclaimed and highly requested works, like Nicholas Cage's Next or Jane Fonda's groundbreaking Barbarella. I also note that, despite there being a dedicated service for streaming anime (Crunchyroll) Netflix insists on clearing out classic works to make space for obscure, untranslated bullshit. 

Is there a (non-pirate) service that still has the movies that people with any sort of taste watch? Just for curiosity's sake; I'm cancelling my Netflix account anyway.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:01 am

@Frost
Well, I just mainlined all of the HBO historico-war-drama thingies from Amazon Prime, that didn't suck. Dunno so much about their movie catalog, though. Harder to browse stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:19 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Frost
Well, I just mainlined all of the HBO historico-war-drama thingies from Amazon Prime, that didn't suck. Dunno so much about their movie catalog, though. Harder to browse stuff.
Their catalog is slow to expand, but you do occasionally get newer stuff. Their anime selection is, to be frank, pathetic.

Cruchyroll is the go to for anime, and if you get Adblock you don't even have their ridiculous ad breaks.

Hulu isn't to bad, their free movie selection isn't great, and it seems like all the really good stuff is stuck behind a paywall, but they do have a fairly impressive anime selection.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go watch Generation Kill and Band of Brothers on Amazon Prime all the way through for the seventh time.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:32 pm

my point is a service that actually has good movies instead of fucking anime.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:59 pm

I was trying to address both.

Hulu is probably your best bet if you're sick of Netflix.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:21 pm

scienzabait:
http://bananasplitzel.deviantart.com/art/Cloudchaser-Wallpaper-556474777

saucy scienzabait:
http://d.facdn.net/art/avante92/1423868099/1423868099.avante92_cloud_chaser_warm_up.png
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:32 pm

Hindslulz
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:39 pm

And Swicklulz
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:01 pm

Frost wrote:Hindslulz
:)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:55 am

Is Bill Gates Coming to Touch Our Computers? Signs Point to Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Google has a new logo again. Today's graphic designers have much to answer for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:16 pm

I laughed too hard at this stupid thing:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:04 am

Shit. Did the new horse women movie come out already?

I wanna see Sunset Shimmer be awesome.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:24 pm

Frost wrote:
"I am blessed with nice weather, a nice view, and a full bookcase so see no need for a noisy, unsightly television, a black hole that living rooms arrange themselves around like an altar. I prefer to read, study, code, or go for a walk to one of several parks in my neighborhood."

It's not black if you turn it on, fuckhead.

There's always something funny about people making fun of television while at the same time talking about their use of computers. Especially when there are sites like Netflix, Hulu and even youtube (sometimes) that host the exact same content. At least with the television you can view that content with friends and family. Never seen a group huddled around a computer doing the same before.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:42 pm

scienzabait:
http://avizo-23.deviantart.com/art/Cloud-Chaser-557660964
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:17 pm

@Last
Really? That's actually how most (not all, but most) grouped-up media watching I've done for the last half-decade has gone. Mind you, that's usually with a pretty decent-sized monitor, but I remember watching all of Firefly with a few friends in college on a janky laptop-on-a-chair home theater setup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:04 pm

Do I forfeit my nerd-cred for not liking Firefly all that much?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Eh, I wasn't that much of a fan, either. It was pretty good, but I wasn't that excited over it.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next