Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+11
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Frost
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Valikdu
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Scienza
15 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:07 pm

"I enjoy doing laundry about as much as doing dishes. I get my clothing custom made in China for prices you would not believe and have new ones regularly shipped to me. Shipping is a problem. I wish container ships had nuclear engines but it’s still much more efficient and convenient than retail. Thanks to synthetic fabrics it takes less water to make my clothes than it would to wash them, and I donate my used garments."

Ah, yes, China. The bastion of environmental health and safety.

"I am blessed with nice weather, a nice view, and a full bookcase so see no need for a noisy, unsightly television, a black hole that living rooms arrange themselves around like an altar. I prefer to read, study, code, or go for a walk to one of several parks in my neighborhood."

It's not black if you turn it on, fuckhead.

"I have not set foot in a grocery store in years. Nevermore will I bumble through endless confusing aisles like a pack-donkey searching for feed while the smell of rotting flesh fills my nostrils and fluorescent lights sear my eyeballs and sappy love songs torture my ears. Grocery shopping is a multisensory living nightmare. There are services that will make someone else do it for me but I cannot in good conscience force a fellow soul through this gauntlet."

What brave soul could face this horrid nightmare? 

Oh, right. Soccer moms, housewives, single people, dads, children.....everyone but you.

"The streets were originally made for people. The automobile’s takeover has destroyed more than millions of lives (cars have killed far more Americans than war and AIDS combined), it has trampled the prime conduit of community in our cities and exiled us to the indoors to sit in front of televisions. I hope the next generation of transportation technologies will give us back the streets."

Well, he's right. Permanent roads were really developed in the known world for people.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 3265318-assets-roman_legion

"All of my scars are either from cooking or driving. I noticed I have not collected any new ones lately."

Weird. Mine are from fighting, outdoor accidents and manual labor. I wish I could be so fucking clumsy I hurt myself when I drive a car or feed myself.

"In Los Angeles climate control is leaving the windows open. My apartment came with a Nest but I removed it and have not felt the need for either heating or air conditioning. Even in less temperate locales I wonder if we really need to define our environment to within single degree Fahrenheit. I am not so controlling, but I do want to take back the rooftops from those horrible HVAC units."

I'll translate: "I have a piece of highly-coveted living space in one of the most temperate and mild regions in the world. If you live in a place (like El Paso) where you can be rained on, hailed on, weather a sandstorm and scorched in the sun on the same day; fuck you, because I think the device that allows you to live like a civilized person is ugly."

"The first space colonies will have no coal power plants. I am ready. For now though, as I am driven through the gleaming city, my hunger peacefully at bay, I have visions of the parking lots and grocery stores replaced by parks and community centers, power plants retrofitted as museums and galleries. Traffic and trash and pollution will evaporate, if only we are willing to adapt some routines."

Translation: "I have adapted my private routine to take advantage of modern society's massive infrastructure while appearing not to utilize it; therefore I have solved all of the world's problems (except for genocide, famine, plague, rape, ideologically-motivated 'holy wars', and bigotry) You can thank me now"
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Unrelated
@Scienza:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:06 pm

I like the idea of soylent, but that guy is weird, if only for thinking that buying stuff from China via the Internet routed through Malaysia will not result in some bad times. And that's coming from someone who has drunk $0.50 Taiwanese energy drinks that came in the sort of brown glass bottles you see being used for chemical storage in labs. I think I see where he's going with this, sort of, vaguely, but the ironic (I think) tone does not do him any favors.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Yeah, the sentiment is nice, and the execution does look like it has some good points. But, ah, also rather a few overlooked things.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:25 pm

In addition to everything else, including the fact that the idea of replacing meals with gloop or whatever is old as hell, soylent may actually be poisoning heavy users.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:27 pm

Team USA needs our help for the upcoming mech duel!
Trailer:
I just want to see the best possible mech duel.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:57 pm

scienzabait:
http://thealjavis.deviantart.com/art/Flitter-1-555015529
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Icy Shake wrote:In addition to everything else, including the fact that the idea of replacing meals with gloop or whatever is old as hell, soylent may actually be poisoning heavy users.
I'd read up more on that, but it appears that the author of this article is kinda misrepresenting the heavy metals stuff. Apparently California's ballot-created toxic chemical laws are way, way more stringent than those of the FDA. Anecdotes from the internet suggest that everything in California has a heavy metal poisoning warning because of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:51 pm

I still can't help but laugh at the irony of eating processed synthetic nutrient paste because cooking a flavorful meal in your home is "For robots"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:28 pm

...I want a Shadowrun TV series.

With Summer Glau as Glory. And Gwendoline Christie as Eiger.

But I'll have to just setlle for playing SRHK now...
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Well, I want to go anywhere else but battalion Mandatory Fun night tonight. We don't get the thing we want
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Frost wrote:Well, I want to go anywhere else but battalion Mandatory Fun night tonight. We don't get the thing we want
So...what happens at Mandatory Fun night? Big mac
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:24 pm

Stringtheory wrote:
Frost wrote:Well, I want to go anywhere else but battalion Mandatory Fun night tonight. We don't get the thing we want
So...what happens at Mandatory Fun night? Big mac
People bring their dumbass kids to a giant cookout while everyone else hides in the back, getting drunk and listening to NWA and pretending not to hate everyone's dumbass kids.

Unrelated cool thing
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:13 pm

I just spent way too much money:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:11 pm

@Frost
Very nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:50 am

So, people given up on Somber or what's the deal? :P
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Kattlarv wrote:So, people given up on Somber or what's the deal? :P
I think you loathe Somber more than Somber loathes Somber.

Get a fucking hobby
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:59 pm

I have waaay too much stuff to write and read at this point to really keep up with any kind of serialized media, tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Frost wrote:Get a fucking hobby
Another one, you mean?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Science in action:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Frost wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:So, people given up on Somber or what's the deal? :P
I think you loathe Somber more than Somber loathes Somber.

Get a fucking hobby
Like you, you mean?

And was just asking, considering the past two times, you guys just blatantly avoided the topic. And there's been about no activity around PH.

Edit: and for the record. I don't "loathe" them. I do find them a bit lazy however. Or whatever to call it. The whole "eh..." part.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Well, among other things, that's because this is the off-topic chat thread and the actual discussion thread is in that little bar to the right because there's almost always activity there.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:45 am

So I've been playing Shadowrun Hong Kong recently and I'm not really the biggest fan of it. I really loved Dragonfall, but this one is just kinda rubs me the wrong way. The characters don't seem as memorable, though i did take a liking to Ractor and Gaichu, and the whole game seems big for it's own sake. Theres a lot of people to talk to, but the topics they talk about overlap quite a bit so i feel like I'm reading redundant information and it kinda bores me. Considering the fact that dialogue updates after every mission and I just end up skipping half the dialogue to save time. I know it's a disservice to the game considering it's story driven, but it just doesn't interest me compared to the previous game. Dragonfall had a more diverse set of background characters so they talked about different things, but here the dialogue seems to revolve around how much the walled city sucks. Granted the discussions about the magical / mythology nature of the city were interesting. Money seems to be far tighter as well.

On the upside there is quite a bit less forced combat if you have the right skills and the new matrix is fun to me.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:15 am

Curent events:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:04 pm

That's weird, now that I think about it. I suppose that the out-of-universe reason was to avoid showing negative consequences of being good, or showing that sacrificing out of altruism requires, well, sacrificing.

I can only suppose the in-universe reason was the "magic of friendship". Same reason they floated around during the act and no one ever thought to stab one of them thirty-seven times in the chest while they were obliviously hovering with their eyes closed.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:20 pm

It's because an unfashionable Rarity would be chaos incarnate.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Scienza wrote:Well, among other things, that's because this is the off-topic chat thread and the actual discussion thread is in that little bar to the right because there's almost always activity there.
Done a quick glance there from time to time. But seems both there and here does the "awkward silence" whenever anything Somber related is brought up, everyone just sweeps it under the rug and pretend it's raining.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:45 pm

With the subsequent development of Rainbow Power, it could be treated as a weak form/foreshadowing of that. Or you could go with something along the lines of the Harmony power resulting in them becoming the Platonic ideals of themselves, the most Rarity Rarity etc., which would entail healing their injuries and so forth, inclusive of the restoration of her tail.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:17 pm

swicked wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Or you could go with something along the lines of the Harmony power resulting in them becoming the Platonic ideals of themselves, the most Rarity Rarity etc., which would entail healing their injuries and so forth, inclusive of the restoration of her tail.
Hmmm.
That wouldn't work in Fallout Equestria (see tongueless ghoul Derpy post-GoE) but might work other places...
Tweak it to self-image, and the concept might get you there even in the Fallout Equestria case, especially considering she was Laughter.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:11 pm

I was thinking in terms of extrapolating from a sort of optimism/"giggle at the ghostly" idea, where she might see the positive in or redefine her self-image to match her current situation. Admittedly, that probably works better for the ghoul part than having her tongue cut out.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next