Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+49
Scienza
Tacoman587
Downloaded Skill
iLateralGX
Luminous Lead
atikin
Veradon Chimera
Caoimhe
Train Dodger
Laperlazus
Thoroar
Stack Trace
FoolNeim
nallar
Vixie
PeppyJoe
joltius
Strawberry
Technowolf
neoaustin
Anonymouss
BLame
Caringhide
Silver136
Vexd
decumos
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Blue Heron
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
MiniGaunt
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
FeatherDust
O. Hinds
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
JadedPony
CD
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Somber
ILM126
WavemasterRyx
Epsilon
Borsuq
53 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by JadedPony Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:44 pm

RE: Re-entry.

Blackjack just needs to cast the cloud walking spell on the capsule then crash it directly through the center of the part of the Enclave she likes least leaving great big holes in the clouds as the craft's decent is slowed to the point they can eject safely. It would bring the concept of breaking to stop to a whole new level.

Historical Reference:
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : -8

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by JadedPony Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:48 pm

MiniGaunt wrote:Typing this from a phone so ignore spelling errors. One question about cutie marks, as stated in Magical Mystery Cure, just because you have someone else's cutie mark, it doesn't change your talent. So why did Contingum want to take Blackjacks cutie mark? It wouldn't have done anything for her, and Blackjack would have retained her talent anyways. And besides the flimsy disguise, there was no reason to take Blackjacks body.

I think the necro-magic made it possible to actually steal special talents, at least in theory but given the events that have happened since that spell was cast, I don't think it was Blackjack's special talent that Coggy ended up with. Remember, Discord did something that Coggy couldn't figure out before he turned to dust.

Boy is he going to be hard to live with once this is over. As if he ego wasn't big enough before :P
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:36 pm

MiniGaunt wrote:Typing this from a phone so ignore spelling errors. One question about cutie marks, as stated in Magical Mystery Cure, just because you have someone else's cutie mark, it doesn't change your talent. So why did Contingum want to take Blackjacks cutie mark? It wouldn't have done anything for her, and Blackjack would have retained her talent anyways. And besides the flimsy disguise, there was no reason to take Blackjacks body.
Magical Mystery Cure isn't necessarily canon, in full, to PH. Alternatively, as above, the specific method could work differently, or because it never happened, the fact that taking another's cutie mark doesn't transfer the talent may not be known. Yet another option is that the cutie marks transferred were not what might have been expected on the surface.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:53 pm

Actually, come to think of it, if Tom enters the atmo above Equestria at all the Pegasus are s-c-rewed. Hopefully it will hit at an angle over the ocean because when it breaks the oxygenated layer it's going to create a massive shockwave in the air that would crumble any cloud structures close by.  

Aim for the zebras! They have no cloud cities to lose! Once you are in atmo you can skim along the curvature of Equus till Tom gets where he is going but straight down into Equestria would be bad.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:10 am

There aren't really a lot of cloud structures left over Hoofington anyway, though, are there?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:41 pm

She didn't just steal the cutie mark. The cutie mark vanishing from BJ and presumably appearing on Cogs, if she had any skin left there, is a side effect of cutting off and stealing the "talented" bit of her soul.

JadedPony wrote:Blackjack just needs to cast the cloud walking spell on the capsule then crash it directly through the center of the part of the Enclave she likes least leaving great big holes in the clouds as the craft's decent is slowed to the point they can eject safely. It would bring the concept of breaking to stop to a whole new level.
By the time you get low enough to hit clouds, it's too late.

Physics physics physics, numbers:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:44 pm

Maaaagic guys.  Maaaaaagic.  ::Waves hooves.::

On the other hoof, the automated pilot will try to return her back to the Luna Space Center, so... yeah...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Somber wrote:On the other hoof, the automated pilot will try to return her back to the Luna Space Center, so... yeah...

4 stars aided her in her escape.

However N.M.M. escaped the banishment might still be open. A opening created by the stars... perhaps a round star metal portal of some kind with ancient alien runes on them that opens wormholes to other matching gates back on Equus once it is activated and keyed in to the the unimaginable power source at the core... what would be a good name for such a portal? Hrm... let me think...

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 1df2d6e595c63b7fdcd086a657922918
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:52 pm

JadedPony wrote:4 stars aided her in her escape.

However N.M.M. escaped the banishment might still be open. A opening created by the stars...
Well, it's not like she just broke loose at random. Her escape was more of a release, predicted and prepared for.

JadedPony wrote:perhaps a round star metal portal of some kind with ancient alien runes on them that opens wormholes to other matching gates back on Equus once it is activated and keyed in to the the unimaginable power source at the core... what would be a good name for such a portal? Hrm... let me think...

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 1df2d6e595c63b7fdcd086a657922918
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 225px-0Ega.svg
Chevron seven locked.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:58 am

Sometime in a few days I'll be writing a huge thing about the Space stuff or ideas like re-entry, how TOM is going fly around the solar system via what I think is Equestrian Physics and other ideas...

So I'll get right back to what I was doing... Hope that this works ^^"
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MSCA Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:48 pm

JadedPony wrote:
Somber wrote:On the other hoof, the automated pilot will try to return her back to the Luna Space Center, so... yeah...

4 stars aided her in her escape.

However N.M.M. escaped the banishment might still be open. A opening created by the stars... perhaps a round star metal portal of some kind with ancient alien runes on them that opens wormholes to other matching gates back on Equus once it is activated and keyed in to the the unimaginable power source at the core... what would be a good name for such a portal? Hrm... let me think...

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Kfm5jax
MSCA
MSCA
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:24 am

So, I finally got around to reading this chapter three weeks later. Not sure how I feel about the possibility of Glory being brought back to life. Also, the mind reading thing, BJ's fight with Rampage, getting stuck with visions of everything happening at once thanks to the Perceptitron - crazy stuff. Guess it's all down to the wire now, isn't it?

Somber wrote:
snip:
If BlackJack keeps trying to backtalk you, just remind her who's the one currently being used as a chew toy. *points at your avatar*

Last edited by RoboRed on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:14 am

ILM126 wrote:Sometime in a few days I'll be writing a huge thing about the Space stuff or ideas like re-entry, how TOM is going fly around the solar system via what I think is Equestrian Physics and other ideas...

Sounds potentially interesting.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:57 am

O. Hinds wrote:
ILM126 wrote:Sometime in a few days I'll be writing a huge thing about the Space stuff or ideas like re-entry, how TOM is going fly around the solar system via what I think is Equestrian Physics and other ideas...

Sounds potentially interesting.

Thanks, I just did some testing with an simulation program. (KSP ^^") It was my first test and it didn't turn out as well as I first  thought it would. But I'll keep on posting screenshots as my work progresses at an almost accurate ESS-A1 rocket =D

You can find the screenshots on my steam profile, I've only uploaded 4 so far. But now I'm off to launch Mark II! Fluttershy

I'll upload a picture of the rocket will all the stats soon. Then I'll work on the "old rockets" that Blackjack took and see if that is possible. Plus, just how high and wide is ESS-A1? Because in KSP the rocket is around 48m tall with 5m wide parts.

Off to build again!
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:01 am

Ooh, neat.

I don't have exact dimensions for any of these rockets, I'm afraid.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:20 am

O. Hinds wrote:Ooh, neat.

I don't have exact dimensions for any of these rockets, I'm afraid.

Alright, I'll just work around it then. ^^
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:09 am

KSP's on a different scale anyway (assuming that you're not using a mod to change that).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:19 am

O. Hinds wrote:KSP's on a different scale anyway (assuming that you're not using a mod to change that).

Well ... Is there a standard measurement for the Equus system? I'm thinking of also writing a concept for that. For which I have already got something drawn up in my artbook. Just got to finalize it.

And I just use Minmus as the sun and the Mun the Moon, just still working it out ^^
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:23 pm

Twenty pages in and Blackjack is finally getting to fight Cognitum... ugh...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:12 pm

I declare this to be mad neato.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:10 pm

Wasn't there some talk waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long ago in this thread or the general chat about the "boss music" for when Blackjack fights Cognitum?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:46 pm

I know I talked about the boss music for when she "fights" the Eater of Souls. And how it should probably be the most absolute of silence conceivable, to the point of not being able to hear your own body - because of just how absolutely all-drowning and all-consuming the Scream of the Eater is.

For Cognitum...

Cybernetics, filly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcpGIVbPYrI
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I know I talked about the boss music for when she "fights" the Eater of Souls. And how it should probably be the most absolute of silence conceivable, to the point of not being able to hear your own body - because of just how absolutely all-drowning and all-consuming the Scream of the Eater is.
Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bX9w5Ma76c
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:36 pm

ILM126 wrote:Is there a standard measurement for the Equus system?
This one not really, I suppose.

ILM126 wrote:And I just use Minmus as the sun and the Mun the Moon, just still working it out ^^
Hm, clever, though Minmus is almost certainly at a significantly wrong inclination.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:19 am

Those're some nice musical options, there.

So a little while back we were talking about the hidden bit about the Angel running interference in favor of Cognitum and/or the Legate for basically the whole story. That raises the question of exactly how much she may have been doing. Obviously she could always have been working to direct EC-1101 to the Core. But I wonder if or when she would have been clued in by either of them about the importance of bringing Blackjack herself? What kind of contact did she have from maybe the first Folly use (maybe even later, say with Applebot) and when she showed up, or offscreen? Between everything, contact likely wasn't a trivial thing, especially since it would need to coincide with the Angel surfacing.

Chapter Sixty Six Running Thoughts:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:20 am

Chapter Sixty Six Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Six Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:17 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.
Hm, and a pleasantly surprisingly small number of errors to fix this week, it looks like. :)

Icy Shake wrote:Also I'm glad that someone she met feels that way. Seriously.
Now that I think of it, that was probably really awkward for the first Harbinger she tried it on.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:37 am

O. Hinds wrote:
ILM126 wrote:Is there a standard measurement for the Equus system?
This one not really, I suppose.

ILM126 wrote:And I just use Minmus as the sun and the Mun the Moon, just still working it out ^^
Hm, clever, though Minmus is almost certainly at a significantly wrong inclination.

Or I can just quickly learn how to move Minmus for it to be level with the Earth and make a rocket that looks like TOM and send it slingshoting between the systems before crashing into KSC :) Spike

I got a few more screenshots up, but I didn't upload the one I did today. I successfully landed on the Mun with a SSTO but it crashed because I accidentally landed it on a slope 9_6

It was the Mk4 revision 3, so, yay!

Note: I upload screenshots when ever I have a free 30 min typing up all the dialogues for the screenshots. The latest screenshot I've uploaded is of the Mk2 Test Flight 4(or 5?). So far, I've spend around 8~12 hours on this mini-project. And most of it is offline Applebloom
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:36 am

Interesting. What are you using for engines? A custom mod?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next