Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+49
Scienza
Tacoman587
Downloaded Skill
iLateralGX
Luminous Lead
atikin
Veradon Chimera
Caoimhe
Train Dodger
Laperlazus
Thoroar
Stack Trace
FoolNeim
nallar
Vixie
PeppyJoe
joltius
Strawberry
Technowolf
neoaustin
Anonymouss
BLame
Caringhide
Silver136
Vexd
decumos
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Blue Heron
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
MiniGaunt
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
FeatherDust
O. Hinds
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
JadedPony
CD
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Somber
ILM126
WavemasterRyx
Epsilon
Borsuq
53 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:18 am

Ah, sorry. What's the fb2 link? I assume that it's somewhere amongst those already posted, but I wasn't able to find it just now.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:21 am

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, sorry.  What's the fb2 link?  I assume that it's somewhere amongst those already posted, but I wasn't able to find it just now.
Here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0zbUK8x8l6JLXkyVFBUU0YzNVU&authuser=0 on my g-drive.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Joltius Aurelian the Word Bearer
Species: Astartes

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:43 am

joltius wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Ah, sorry.  What's the fb2 link?  I assume that it's somewhere amongst those already posted, but I wasn't able to find it just now.
Here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0zbUK8x8l6JLXkyVFBUU0YzNVU&authuser=0 on my g-drive.
Thanks.

Okay, added, hopefully properly.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caringhide Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:55 am

joltius wrote:..cucumbers...
Merciful Luna, he wrote it after all.... /)_(\
Caringhide
Caringhide
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:11 am

Caringhide wrote:
joltius wrote:..cucumbers...
Merciful Luna, he wrote it after all.... /)_(\
All hail to Gedzerath! All hail to Scrappy Rag! Price the Grafit and his you know what!
Scrappy #1 Scrappy #2
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:39 am

Cucumbers?.. Okay, I don't know what's going on between you guys, never had the pleasure to see a Russian translation of PH, but y'all've managed to got me intrigued.
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:50 am

decumos wrote:Cucumbers?.. Okay, I don't know what's going on between you guys, never had the pleasure to see a Russian translation of PH, but y'all've managed to got me intrigued.
It's an old storry and arise from "Steel Wings" the russian fanfic that write Gegzerath. This phrase is from there. I read it, Car not, but we all know what it's mean.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:07 pm

I might be pointing the obvious, but is this a joke about dicks and jerking them or something of that nature?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I might be pointing the obvious, but is this a joke about dicks and jerking them or something of that nature?
In a form that I write it – yes. There is an expression "lay a dick on something" that mean that from now you totally don't want do something. Originally, in fic, this scene looks like this:
Spoiler:
I don't know how good result is. I can translate from English to Russian, not from Russia ton English.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:23 am

joltius wrote:I can translate from English to Russian, not from Russia ton English.
I do recall hearing somewhere that the general practice is for translators to translate to rather than from their native languages.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:28 am

O. Hinds wrote:
joltius wrote:I can translate from English to Russian, not from Russia ton English.
I do recall hearing somewhere that the general practice is for translators to translate to rather than from their native languages.
It depends on what exactly you are translate and who you are. Subs for movies it's a one thing, books is other thing. And if translator is your job, and you studied in university to do this, and you get a pay for this, then it's absolutely third thing. In general subtitles translate studio that made a movie, but books, books must translate, and translate, the bearers of language on what that book translates. This is the only way to make a good translation.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caringhide Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:45 am

I hope, after the epilogue, we will see a realy detailed afterword/notes (not so short as after 74 chapter) by the editors. And by the author, of course. A cat is fine too. How does this work affect your life. It is important and interesting for us.
In Russia, we say that if you hiccup, it means that someone remembers you. Somber do not suffer from endless hiccups?
Caringhide
Caringhide
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:18 am

...Huh. It hadn't occurred to me that we the editors might be wanted to write detailed afterwards and/or notes.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:03 am

Can I get blueprints of mechanical legs BJ?

Strawberry
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:23 am

O. Hinds wrote:I do recall hearing somewhere that the general practice is for translators to translate to rather than from their native languages.
It usually works better that way. I know at least one group of anime subbers I liked had a Japanese-speaking team member that translated to something that an English speaker could work out, but it took a native speaker to get details like verb tenses, idioms, and style and formality of speech right.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:37 am

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:...Huh.  It hadn't occurred to me that we the editors might be wanted to write detailed afterwards and/or notes.
...yeah, about what?
I thought people mostly wanted us to keep quiet.
I just treat the notes as one last injection of levity and a sort of signature to show I was involved in the chapter.
The levity is mostly how I take them. And I like that kind of talking around the chapter or the process, but am very happy without much detail regarding the events/characters/world itself, especially where potential spoilers or things that could be developed within the story itself are concerned.

Though I do have to say, given how relatively recent the extended author's notes have been, I've gotten pretty used to them. Remember when (apart from the regular thanks etc.) the note pretty much amounted to "no, story's not over, I don't know how, but don't go away thinking it is"?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:51 am

O. Hinds wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Somber11
74!  This will, I expect, upset many people in varying ways.

You don't say.

... I've always posted really infrequently in this thread, but I've only just today gotten around to reading the thread (and therefore discussion of ch.74) again.

Got a question here. What happened to the moon Stable? If it wasn't blown up, then isn't that somewhere where Rampage can go? Sorry if that's been talked about already but I'm really, really far behind and it's eating me up not knowing.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:14 pm

We don't know. At the moment, it seems to be one of those cases where there's not much to do but imagine whichever outcome you like best is the one that happened, and hope that that will be validated later. Sadly, the stakes are a bit higher than what happened at the end of Blackjack's time at Tenpony . . .

On which note, that was another interesting author's note case. Too bad it seemed to require that explanation.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Strawberry wrote:Can I get blueprints of mechanical legs BJ?
I don't think we have such things, sorry.

swicked wrote:If anything, it's difficult to try and take the best bits, truncate them to being sufficiently out of context, then pasting them as a nearly nonsensical inside joke.
Yes, Somber keeps saying that one day we should try actually recording a brushing session, just for the humor value.  :)

Derpmind wrote:Got a question here. What happened to the moon Stable? If it wasn't blown up, then isn't that somewhere where Rampage can go? Sorry if that's been talked about already but I'm really, really far behind and it's eating me up not knowing.
I did bring that up, yeah; no problem, though.  The fate of the Luna Astrostable is not currently something that has been released to the readers, however.  Sorry.  :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:55 am

Strawberry wrote:Can I get blueprints of mechanical legs BJ?

Well, like how it looks like? The mechanics of the leg? Or something else.

I have been drawing some Project Horizons stuff over on my deviantART account, the one I've been working on is the trajectory of Tom's flight as it zooms towards Hoofington. Like the one I just uploaded of a more detailed version of the one I drew a month ago.

Hope you all like it ^^

Sketch | Fo:E Project Horizons - Tom's Trajectory by ILM126:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com/art/Sketch-Fo-E-Project-Horizons-Tom-s-Trajectory-523252079
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:37 am

Ooh, neat.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:48 am

O. Hinds wrote:
swicked wrote:If anything, it's difficult to try and take the best bits, truncate them to being sufficiently out of context, then pasting them as a nearly nonsensical inside joke.
Yes, Somber keeps saying that one day we should try actually recording a brushing session, just for the humor value.  :)
No time like the present.

But seriously, if it's something you're thinking about doing it, it would need to be in the pretty immediate future. And as someone interested in any related activity, I think it could be fun.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:17 am

O. Hinds wrote:Ooh, neat.

Thanks ^^ Fluttershy

But only time will tell if this is actually what happens next weekend ^^
Or will the chapter be delayed because of Season 5?
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by PeppyJoe Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:16 pm

So...  I started reading this, like, four months ago and was absolutely determined not to visit any forums or risk spoilers.  I had seen some robo-Blackjack fan-art so I knew that was on the Horizon, but everything else was unspoiled.

And, wow.  I caught up a couple weeks back and realized I'd read something longer than the entire length of the Harry Potter series and been unable to discuss it with anyone, so forgive me if I'm gushing a little bit.  This story was just brilliant.  A friend started reading it just as I finished, and I've been enjoying seeing it through his eyes.  I read through a bunch of the discussion here too, and it was neat seeing things I'd never noticed before.

Something my friend brought up, and I'm sure it's been noticed before but not by me, was something in Chapter 19 that Pinkie (under the effect of Mint-als) said in a memory of Vanity's.  [Pinkie] looked right into Vanity’s eyes.  “And you keep thinking you’re a murderer and scared you’re going to turn into a monster.  And you are!”  I don't even remember reading that the first time around, and I suppose I just assumed she was referring to something Vanity would later do.  But when my friend read it, he asked me whether Pinkie was actually talking to Blackjack like he knows she did to Littlepip.  ...That kinda staggered me, because it's just three chapters later that Blackjack returns to 99.

Anyway, yay ponies!  And I'm going to go ahead and publicly mourn for everything that happened in the most recent chapter...  And for Glory (probably)...  Also, is there a "regular" chapter-update schedule?  Or a precedent at all?  Chapter 74 was the first one that I had to wait at all for.

PeppyJoe
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:35 pm

Welcome to the forum, and I'm glad that you've been enjoying the story so much. :)

There's not a schedule or really even a precedent, sorry; we get the chapters done when we get them done. We currently expect only two more, though, with an epilogue posted with the second and some edits to fix and issue in Chapter 57 at some point before the end. Mind, there's been a trend of things turning out longer than Somber thought they'd be, but we're hoping to have the story done by EFNW. Though, even after the last two chapters, the epilogue, and the 57 Matter, there'll also be Icy Shake's last few error spotting posts, probably, even if Somber decides not to make any further big edits. Oh, and then there's the FIMFiction port Somber wants to make after the Gdocs version is complete...
Basically, "it's done when it's done". Sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:58 am

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your time here! I know how it can be a different experience when a friend starts reading something you have, and you get to talk about it. Several months back, happened with a friend of mine at work and FoE, which he was approaching from knowing Fallout pretty well (don't remember which he'd played by that point, but he'd been binging on Fallout fanfiction), but no background in Pony (he might have read Friendship is Optimal, but that's it). Seemed reasonably into it for a while, but dropped it in the super-long "In the Shadow of the Ministries" chapter, feeling that it was a huge mass of action scenes holding together . . . not much. But it was fun while it lasted, and highlighted some of my blind spots in terms of things that I took for granted, having the Pony instead of the Fallout background when first reading it myself.

Wow. There's never as much time as you think there is, huh? I'd been considering leaving the last stage (69 - 7x) until after everything was wrapped up, instead retreading some early parts I'd done an error-spotting read but not much in terms of full commentary, but yeah, that doesn't sound like the right way to go about things at this point. Too late this week, though. (On the plus side, the shorter chapter worked well with recovering from what I believe was some mild food poisoning last night.)

Chapter Eleven Running Thoughts:
Chapter Eleven Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Eleven Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:30 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.  Whichever chapter you're focusing on, your work is appreciated.  I'm sorry about your food poisoning.

Icy Shake wrote:"Only" shouldn't be capitalized
Though it occurs to me that that suggested age restriction is more a reflection of conditions when Ditzy was alive than of the current state of affairs.  Not too surprising she's kept the value, though, I suppose.

Icy Shake wrote:should "sugar apples" be capitalized?
Not here, no, I don't think.

Icy Shake wrote:comma after "Hey"
Hm...  I don't think so, sorry.

Icy Shake wrote:comma after "Yes"
...Again, I don't think so, sorry.

Icy Shake wrote:Also, the trapped memory orb is a pretty cool idea. Was that a PH original?
As far as I know, yes.

Icy Shake wrote:Hmm. Seems like there's not anything that fits the description of Shadowbolt Tower, and nothing suggesting an obscuring layer of cloud to hide it.
Wouldn't the other buildings in the Core hide it from Blackjack here?  It's much taller, certainly, but they're still tall; given the rain and cloud ceiling... perhaps I'm misremembering, though?

Icy Shake wrote:But the view earlier had seemed unobstructed, and seemed to imply that the Hoof mountain was higher than any of the buildings in the Core
Oh?  I'll go find that...
...Hm.  I'm concerned that you may have found an inconsistency.  The description I remembered and found in Chapter five explicitly said "the buildings within the Core rose higher and higher until the tops disappeared into the cloud layer" (going on to say that it's not all the buildings, but still, seems like a majority).  What description are you referring to?

...Oh dear.  You know, it only just occurred to me, reading your commentary, that the whole thing about the pilgrims dying to escape suffering is rather darker in hindsight... for, after all, consider where they're dying and what generally happens to the souls of those who die in Hoofington...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:31 am

Also guys.. Just a quick update on the rocket I've been building...

I've stopped working on ESS - A1 for now, but the design of ESS - LRL (Which I think is what the older rockets should/could be named, Lunar Reconnaissance Launcher) is coming along nicely. I got the basic layout finished, now all I need to do is to test and build that rocket.

I'm currently using the KW Rocktery, B9 AeroSpace, FerramAerospaceResearch, LazTec, SpaceX, and a few more to build my different variations of the PH rockets. But it's always the engine that couldn't make my rockets story accurate... How

It's really a haunting task.... Luna I spent around 16 hours on this project already..

I have also been spending that time practising building launch vehicles that doesn't run on nuclear reactors, a few is on their way to Mars, an Asteroid, and I'm planning for a Jool Mission soon. But anyways, I'm getting off topic here.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=416525065 you can see one of the tests with ESS - LRL, it's currently in the middle of a failed/success Abort Launch test. The separation didn't turn out so well. But everyone landed safely in the ocean after that.

More rocket stuff coming in a week or two's time! ^^
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:48 am

Neat. I'm not sure about the name of the older rockets, but it's not like I have any better ideas.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:04 am

O. Hinds wrote:Neat.  I'm not sure about the name of the older rockets, but it's not like I have any better ideas.

Yeah, I'm just going to leave the name as it is. Just to make my rocket labeling easier, I've been building too many variations of different types of fuels and boosters... Urg! Scootaloo

KSP - "ESS - LRL Mk1" Abort Launch Test II (failure-success):

For those who couldn't see the image, the long black figure is the booster that send the cargo halfway up into the atmosphere before I ejected the Command Pod. You can see the Command Pod falling a bit behind, it's just about near the top of the image.

The full Abort Sequence didn't completely deploy, leaving the Command Pod falling at the same rate as the booster. That'll get fixed in coming editions, I'll continue to upload screenshots of the development on my Steam Profile's Screenshot page. Which can be found here => http://steamcommunity.com/id/ILM126/screenshots/?appid=220200&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

You might also see some of the other rocket's I've build for that same map...
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next