Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+49
Scienza
Tacoman587
Downloaded Skill
iLateralGX
Luminous Lead
atikin
Veradon Chimera
Caoimhe
Train Dodger
Laperlazus
Thoroar
Stack Trace
FoolNeim
nallar
Vixie
PeppyJoe
joltius
Strawberry
Technowolf
neoaustin
Anonymouss
BLame
Caringhide
Silver136
Vexd
decumos
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Blue Heron
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
MiniGaunt
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
FeatherDust
O. Hinds
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
JadedPony
CD
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Somber
ILM126
WavemasterRyx
Epsilon
Borsuq
53 posters

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:55 pm

EvilGidgit wrote:Definition of Mercy / Clearing House
Mercy kill the occupants of Stable #22
Stable 22?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:25 am

>Some Assembly Required
>Discover Stable #90.

Ha! Lovely.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:52 am

The Laws of Science Be A Harsh Mistress
Survive being crushed by a boat

Shop Smart... Shop, S-mart
Equip a Boomstick

Consider Me Scared and Aroused!
Survive your first encounter with Lancer

No Country for Old Mares
Discover the Identity of Mare-Do-Well

Not in the Face!
Successfully remove mutation form your face
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:05 am

I meant Stable #99. I was remembering which chapter Blackjack kills the Stable at the same time. Chicken
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:35 am

Tainted Love
Join Unity
Spoiler:

Wicked Game
Lose a love interest
Spoiler:

Head Like A Hole
Lose control of yourself to the Goddess
Spoiler:

Fight Fire With Fire
Become an Executioner
Spoiler:

Land Of Confusion
Save the Hoof
Spoiler:

I Need A Hero
Save a community
Spoiler:

Trying to come up with more song-related achievements...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:10 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Land Of Confusion
Save the Hoof
Spoiler:
I think you linked the wrong video.

Technowolf
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:13 pm

No, that was intentional.

But anyway, thinking about, I think this achievement would be better attributed like so:

Land Of Confusion
Organize the Resistance
Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:49 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:I meant Stable #99. I was remembering which chapter Blackjack kills the Stable at the same time. Chicken
Ah, okay.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:47 am

Chapter 68 is one of those that really reminds me of the story's roots, and consequently, is one of the most fun in some time. Yes, the weight that's built up for so long is still there, but for the moment, we don't need to worry too much about them as the immediate goals are simple and achievable through the things Blackjack does best. Putting her back in the underdog and outsider positions helps with that, and Blackjack and alcohol is still a winning combination.

Chapter Sixty Eight Running Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Eight Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Eight Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:43 am

"A dotted line rose out of the palace, then started to curve. It looped around the planet, then around the sun, then back around the planet, back to the moon, and finally down right on Hoofington."

It occurs to me that if BJ is now an alicorn carrying Luna's soul, she might be able to nudge the moon enough to spoil that last flyby.

Also, that Psalm may actually accept absolution from BJ at this point...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:57 am

Oooh, I've got one. Just one though...

That's not Kool-Aid
Discover the effects of taint on Blanks
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:35 am

SilentCarto wrote:"A dotted line rose out of the palace, then started to curve.  It looped around the planet, then around the sun, then back around the planet, back to the moon, and finally down right on Hoofington."

It occurs to me that if BJ is now an alicorn carrying Luna's soul, she might be able to nudge the moon enough to spoil that last flyby.

Also, that Psalm may actually accept absolution from BJ at this point...

So... something like the one I drew? http://ilm126.deviantart.com/art/Sketch-Project-Horizons-Solar-System-Concepts-516381683

Sketch | Project Horizons Solar System Concepts:

I also just did another one, a bit more detailed. I'm uploading it onto dA now...
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:37 pm

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

I've made Life Bloom's mane crimson and scarlet.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:10 am

Also, if I do remember correctly... The Raider disease is like a parasite or something... I just read an article about, well, how a parasite made freshwater shrimp cannibal other shrimps. http://www.sci-news.com/biology/science-parasite-pleistophora-mulleri-freshwater-shrimp-cannibalism-02618.html

I just thought it might relate with the Raider disease... ^^"
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:13 am

I'm mildly ashamed that I hadn't even considered what Psalm's reaction to this might be.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:21 am

Vergil wrote:I'm mildly ashamed that I hadn't even considered what Psalm's reaction to this might be.
True, but I'd like to think she's come far enough that it wouldn't bother her too much once everything is explained.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:01 pm

ILM126 wrote:Also, if I do remember correctly... The Raider disease is like a parasite or something... I just read an article about, well, how a parasite made freshwater shrimp cannibal other shrimps. http://www.sci-news.com/biology/science-parasite-pleistophora-mulleri-freshwater-shrimp-cannibalism-02618.html

I thought it was a prion disease?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:45 pm

Silver136 wrote:
Vergil wrote:I'm mildly ashamed that I hadn't even considered what Psalm's reaction to this might be.
True, but I'd like to think she's come far enough that it wouldn't bother her too much once everything is explained.
What I'm interested in is the degree to which she had already come to realize that it wasn't Luna's forgiveness that she really needed in the first place. She's at least partially there, but the fact that Luna was dead left open some room for denial. Given her actions since Lacunae's death (not the moves towards conscientious objection, but the rest), I think that's where she still is, but hopefully this will be an impulse to do more to work it out for herself, if spending time with Stronghoof and the others hasn't done that already.

O. Hinds wrote:
ILM126 wrote:Also, if I do remember correctly... The Raider disease is like a parasite or something... I just read an article about, well, how a parasite made freshwater shrimp cannibal other shrimps. http://www.sci-news.com/biology/science-parasite-pleistophora-mulleri-freshwater-shrimp-cannibalism-02618.html

Yeah, it was described as such by Glory and Crumpets, though everyone else has been a bit looser about it.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:44 pm

Changing the subject for a moment, I'd like to ask about the Marauders' lockers and their contents. If I recall, only Doof, Vanity, Psalm and Big Macintosh's lockers have been opened, but correct me if I am wrong:

Doof > Password: Momma > Weapon: Persuasion.
Vanity > Password: Regret > Weapon: Duty and Sacrifice.
Psalm > Password: Unforgiven > Weapon: Penance.
Big Mac > Password: Maripony(?) > Weapon: Sexy.

I am very curious what the passwords and weapons of the other Marauders would be. I can guess a couple of passwords like Stonewing's would be "Rainbow Dash", Jetstream's would be "Stonewing", and Steelhooves' would likely be "Applejack". Twist's would be something like "Apple Bloom" or "Peppermint" (the second having a double meaning too). Echo is tricky but maybe related to his roleplay games.

What are your thoughts, or to Somber and the lovely editors, will we actually see the rest of the Marauders' lockers open before the end of the story?
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:39 pm

I think it's actually a spongiform encephalopathy, similar to Mad Cow Disease. Probably, also like Mad Cow, based on a prion (a virus-like strand of unprotected RNA.)

There are a number of really creepy pathogens around, though. For example, Toxoplasmosis reproduces in the digestive tract of cats. In rodents, it makes them less fearful of the smell of cat urine, which makes them more likely to venture into the open and get eaten.

I'm sure everyone's heard of Cordyceps fungus by now, thanks to The Last of Us. Cordyceps encourages an ant to climb to a high point and bite down with a death grip, then kills it and grows a mushroom from its corpse to scatter spores. Similarly, a species of nematode (tiny worm) makes ants' abdomens turn bright red and swollen, then encourages them to climb up to a high point where a bird is likely to see the "berry" and eat it, thus spreading the infection.

Perhaps most eerily, humans aren't immune either. This is a very new course of study, but some early evidence indicates that our own gut bacteria can influence us to crave the foods they need to flourish. And there are some theories out there (I have no idea how reliable) that the American Indians' "wendigo" spirits were in fact a prionic disease very similar to, er, Raiderism. It was said that a person who participated in cannibalism was at risk to be possessed by a wendigo spirit, which would drive him into a cannibalistic murder spree. It's probably just a cautionary ghost story, though.  ...probably.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:53 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:Changing the subject for a moment, I'd like to ask about the Marauders' lockers and their contents. If I recall, only Doof, Vanity, Psalm and Big Macintosh's lockers have been opened, but correct me if I am wrong:

I am very curious what the passwords and weapons of the other Marauders would be. I can guess a couple of passwords like Stonewing's would be "Rainbow Dash", Jetstream's would be "Stonewing", and Steelhooves' would likely be "Applejack". Twist's would be something like "Apple Bloom" or "Peppermint" (the second having a double meaning too). Echo is tricky but maybe related to his roleplay games.

What are your thoughts, or to Somber and the lovely editors, will we actually see the rest of the Marauders' lockers open before the end of the story?
Stonewing's was already opened (the password was indeed "Rainbow Dash"); there was no weapon in it, though. That was all I was able to find with a quick search.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:55 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:Changing the subject for a moment, I'd like to ask about the Marauders' lockers and their contents. If I recall, only Doof, Vanity, Psalm and Big Macintosh's lockers have been opened, but correct me if I am wrong:

Stonewing's password was indeed "Rainbow Dash", and it contained only a note:
Chapter 12 wrote:Hey.  If you’re reading this, please get out of Stone’s locker.  I took his harness and put it where it’s safe.  And if it’s you, Jet, it’s in the place where he did that thing that one time.  Pick it up whenever you’re ready.  
-- Big Macintosh

P.S. Honestly, Stone?  ‘Rainbow Dash?’  What were you thinking?

As far as I recall, we haven't found the passwords to or opened Jetstream, Applesnack, Twist, or Echo's lockers. Rampage probably remembers the password to Twist's now (for what that's worth...)

I wouldn't assume each one's password is the name of someone important to them.

Heh... it'd be kind of cute if Echo's locker contained a weapon perfect for a techie like Scotch Tape.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:29 am

Good day, and I'm sorry for the Google Translate.
I could not understand where is the somber and how to write a personal message, so throw off the picture here. This is for him, I hope you do not mind.
Somber good pony and his fanfic I really like. I have read so far only 28 chapters but remained in full delight of reading and want to continue.
Thank you for a wonderful story. * Stroked the soft mane owned Somber *
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 11 1za10

Strawberry
Foal

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:51 am

Welcome to the forum, Strawberry. I hope that you continue to enjoy PH.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:24 am

O. Hinds wrote:

I'm not very good with the types of disease, haven't done biology at school yet. Just learning about the atomic structure and nuclear power... I think I'll be learning Biology sometime next year...
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:46 am

SilentCarto wrote:

I think it's actually a spongiform encephalopathy, similar to Mad Cow Disease. Probably, also like Mad Cow, based on a prion (a virus-like strand of unprotected RNA.)

There are a number of really creepy pathogens around, though. For example, Toxoplasmosis reproduces in the digestive tract of cats. In rodents, it makes them less fearful of the smell of cat urine, which makes them more likely to venture into the open and get eaten.

I'm sure everyone's heard of Cordyceps fungus by now, thanks to The Last of Us. Cordyceps encourages an ant to climb to a high point and bite down with a death grip, then kills it and grows a mushroom from its corpse to scatter spores. Similarly, a species of nematode (tiny worm) makes ants' abdomens turn bright red and swollen, then encourages them to climb up to a high point where a bird is likely to see the "berry" and eat it, thus spreading the infection.

Perhaps most eerily, humans aren't immune either. This is a very new course of study, but some early evidence indicates that our own gut bacteria can influence us to crave the foods they need to flourish. And there are some theories out there (I have no idea how reliable) that the American Indians' "wendigo" spirits were in fact a prionic disease very similar to, er, Raiderism. It was said that a person who participated in cannibalism was at risk to be possessed by a wendigo spirit, which would drive him into a cannibalistic murder spree. It's probably just a cautionary ghost story, though.  ...probably.

For half the time I have no idea what you're on about, really, I'm being honest here. But I did get a few things here and there, especially "The Last of Use" reference. A friend of mine played it when it was released, he said that the zombies (or infected) looked creepy. And I said that it wasn't, but that was a few years ago now.

I did search/researched some of the terms you said up there, and I took sometime to read it. But I still didn't understand much of it, I tried, sorry ^^" Scootaloo

But what you said about the American Indians' disease makes sense. Plus, I found some disease that also affects humans...
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:00 am

O. Hinds wrote:Welcome to the forum, Strawberry.  I hope that you continue to enjoy PH.
Thanks, but I'm not sure that I can very many to write here. My English is poor.
By the way, if you want you could ask me this or that drawing. Unless of course it does not go beyond those chapters that I have read to this point ..
In any case I have to learn to draw, it's nice to do it more and for those who helped the author of my favorite fanfic.  Twilight Sparkle

Strawberry
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:12 pm

swicked wrote:Hello Strawberry, very nice drawing.
Oh, thank you  Dash clapping  Hi. I am glad that you like (and embarrassed because of this, sorry Shy ).
Blackjack cutie. In general, horizons full of cute ponies and other.. creatures, I can not stop to enjoy them.
I hope my favorite couple (blackjack and Glory) does not fall apart in the later chapters.

Strawberry
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:07 pm

If these are still welcome, I just wanna put this here:

Personal Jesus
Meet the Stable Dweller
Spoiler:

=> Considering the amount of faith Blackjack put in Littlepip throughout the story, her attitude toward her; and more generally Littlepip's influence on a lot of people in the Wasteland.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:40 pm

Strawberry wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Welcome to the forum, Strawberry.  I hope that you continue to enjoy PH.
Thanks, but I'm not sure that I can very many to write here. My English is poor.
By the way, if you want you could ask me this or that drawing. Unless of course it does not go beyond those chapters that I have read to this point ..
In any case I have to learn to draw, it's nice to do it more and for those who helped the author of my favorite fanfic.  Twilight Sparkle
Thank you for the offer. :)
(I think. I'm sure I'd be just as bad trying to say something on a Russian forum, but it is a bit difficult to understand you. I seem to recall hearing that PH help some other nonnative speakers learn English, though, so you might have a good opportunity there.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next