Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+14
Icy Shake
RoboRed
Epsilon
StoneSlinger88
brony all alone
Valikdu
Katarn
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
O. Hinds
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Stringtheory
18 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Stringtheory wrote:
swicked wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:
Last wrote:Friend of mine and I were discussing whether or not an omission of truth is a lie.

Here's the hypothetical situation:
You're waiting on a letter that contains vital information. While your out one day someone calls your home giving said vital information to a roomate, girlfriend, boyfriend whatever, it doesn't matter. What does matter is the person knows that this is the vital information you were waiting for in the letter.

When you get home you ask "Did the letter come?"
The person answers "No." and never tells you about the call. Is this a lie?
Would the person who got the call know that the letter and call contained the same information? If so, then while technically not a lie, it's probably on par with one. If not, then I'd say it's more of a case of misunderstanding/failure to communicate.
Eh, a lie by definition is an intentional untruth. If the person desired to deceive you, then it was a lie. If the statement was made due to the person being distracted or any number of other mitigating factors, then it was not.
For that reason we're missing a vital part of the question.
Yeah, I'd reword the question so that the other person knew that you needed 'vital information' and that you asked 'did the letter with 'vital information' arrive?', to which the proper answer would be "no, but someone called with 'vital information.'" So in that setup, the other person purposefully not telling you about the phone call would be on the same level as lying.

Sorry, I always assume people are following me, when  in the truth I'm not being clear. The reason in this scenario the other person (henceforward referred to as PA) knows the vital information the letter contains is because the person (Henceforward referred to as LR) that's supposed to be recieving it has divulged that information to PA in the hopes that they'd understand why the information was vital.

For the sake of argument PA knows that while LR asked about the letter LR probably couldn't care less about the form the information took as long as they got the information. PA simply decided not to tell LR about the call because LR didn't ask about a call he asked about a letter.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:12 pm

I think someone's mentioned it, but for me it sort of depends on whether the person intentionally withheld information for malicious reasons, or whether the person was honestly unsure/forgot of what the person was asking for.

On an unrelated note, there's a new Humble Origin Bundle. I'm pretty sure most of you guys have the games in it, but if not, the Bioware games alone are a steal for five bucks.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:29 pm

I seem to have misplaced my sides.:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
I seem to have misplaced my sides.:
Oh dear, a Jontron YTPMV...I'm not sure what I expected... Applebloom
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:28 pm

I'd love to see a Scatman remix of this:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:52 pm

This is glorious.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:13 pm

@Scienza

I can't unsee the mayor saying "Respect the robot. Respect it!" with a fist-slam for emphasis, kinda like in the Capri Sun commercials.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:56 pm

Scienza wrote:I think someone's mentioned it, but for me it sort of depends on whether the person intentionally withheld information for malicious reasons, or whether the person was honestly unsure/forgot of what the person was asking for.

Well, yeah, I wouldn't call a forgetful person dishonest, but I would say that barring some medical condition that the person can't really help, if they forgot something that was vital to you I probably would say that person doesn't care that much about you. It's not that difficult to remember or keep in mind the few things that are that important.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:25 pm

Watched the season's latest hyped horror movie, "The Babadook," because it was on Netflix. It's probably worth watching, but it's not the godsend to the genre some people make it out to be, in my opinion.
Spoilers from here on in:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:20 am

The only honest horoscope:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 am

Heh.

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:11 am

Valikdu wrote:Heh.

Spoiler:
*eye twitch*
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:08 am

Valikdu wrote:Heh.

Spoiler:
At first I just thought that the image was glitching and tried to open it by itself in a new window. I got it midway through the load. :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:03 am

Tytan wrote:
The only honest horoscope:
I'm pretty sure my horoscope sign is Prius
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:43 pm

Scienza wrote:This is glorious.
"Transformer". What a bunch of uncultured plebs... This is obviously a Zaku from the Gundam franchise. *shakes head* those journalists... just no commitments to reporting facts with exactitude.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:51 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Scienza wrote:This is glorious.
"Transformer". What a bunch of uncultured plebs... This is obviously a Zaku from the Gundam franchise. *shakes head* those journalists... just no commitments to reporting facts with exactitude.
Yep, definitely a Zaku with what looks like a GM head on it.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:52 pm

New Star Wars trailer. Fuck. I ain't hyped, but now I'm invested. Friggin' stupid classic cockpit camera angles, making me nostalgic. Fack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Lulz:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:56 pm

Now in video form!

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:18 pm

McDonald's' new promotion is a real hit:
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:50 am

Man, I wish I was good at Skullgirls, because Beowulf, the latest character looks amazing.
Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLfBunsHU6A
So much ham...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:21 pm

I'm sure you got to be at least okay with the game. Skullgirls actually teaches you how to play it.

Speaking of games AC4 is free on XBL and I'm pretty sure everyone has said this, but I wish this game had fleshed out the ship aspects and called itself Sid Meier's Pirates 2. That's the feeling I get when I board ships.

And I get the feeling they borrowed at least a few aspects, you've got this shitty minigame that in all honesty looks like a bundled in companion app, that allows you to use captured ships. On top of that there's legendary ships on the map that would be great if you could change your flagship like you could in pirates, as it is I just don't care.

Make the upgrading cheaper so it'd be worthwhile doing on multiple ships, and that'd be a good first step. Add food as a supply in the game, morale for the crew that way the taverns could do something and it would be great. The combat is probably better than Pirate's too, the only challenge it offered was if you were too old and the button presses became impossible.

The side stuff (diving bell, whaling) is more fun than the same rythm game, (Guess you were trying to court someone's daughter? I remember dancing with some lady on a fountain for some reason) just get rid of the forced stealth stuff. It's not like it's a strength for AC anyway(There's no contest between AC and Dishonored), they didn't even take it seriously anyway. There's a mission where you have to infiltrate the assassin's and not be detected, but the joke is if you have subtitles on the game lets you know what they're saying and the assassin's know you're there. The game is just jerking you around. You could say the assassin's are testing you, but if that's true and they've noticed me why haven't I failed?

Truth is it's just there to waste your time, there wouldn't be BS missions where you listen to character's talk to eachother for a ridiculous amount of time otherwise. Or at least they would make you listen to the same BS over and over again until you got it right. What's really funny about that particular task, just like the assassin infiltration mission the guy you're following knows you're there, so there's no reason at all why you couldn't fail this and keep going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Last wrote:I'm sure you got to be at least okay with the game. Skullgirls actually teaches you how to play it.
Nope, even with a fight stick I couldn't get through the tutorial, though to be fair I did give up pretty easily.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:26 pm

In your defense if you were trying to learn a character first it can be a little difficult to get through those tutorials. The button inputs are hard to figure out if you don't know what they mean. Peacock's last super had me confused for a good while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:29 pm

Last wrote:In your defense if you were trying to learn a character first it can be a little difficult to get through those tutorials. The button inputs are hard to figure out if you don't know what they mean. Peacock's last super had me confused for a good while.
Nope, just the regular general mechanics tutorials, with all the button prompts shown on screen, I just couldn't do the moves right... Scootaloo
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Has anyone else seen this?
Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

I am so excited now.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:24 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:Has anyone else seen this?
Spoiler:

I am so excited now.
Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBynge-bNRw
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:34 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Guarddogjr wrote:Has anyone else seen this?
Spoiler:

I am so excited now.
Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBynge-bNRw
Yep, not getting my hopes up, it's EA after all. Scootaloo
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:25 am

For those of you who may have been wondering how to get your hands on Beowulf.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:35 am

I have an update on my situation. The bad news is that my arm pain that halted progress on the Ironworks is caused by tennis elbow in both arms, which I found out yesterday. The good news is that it's an easy fix, and I don't have to give up PC usage, only reduce it for now. I should be able to actually work on my channel within a few months, and I'll have better equipment by then, such as a new, up-to-date PC.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next