Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
O. Hinds
Tytan
Scienza
Katarn
Kattlarv
brony all alone
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Vinylshadow
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
20 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:43 am

Tytan wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:But all that Anderson and Integra, man.
Definitely not enough Anderson to make up for the lack of Alucard.
It actually might have been to  much integra.
That also.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:14 am

It's a contributing factor, but not enough of one to keep one watching by oneself. I turned off RWBY around Episode 8 because the bile rising in my throat was enough to counteract any masochistic upsides.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:47 am

Eh, I'll take your word on the white girl. All I ever saw of her was her acting in her capacity as a bitchy, entitled little harpy shit.

I do, however, agree that every character except her is crap. The yellow one, especially. Every indication we can see is that she's a vain, obnoxious, emotional overgrown child whom the show seems to adore, especially considering all her "sun" motifs and many, many references to her "beauty". Everything about the character grated on me from the beginning.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:40 am

I'd be more than happy to make it into an icon if you don't feel like doing it yourself.

Goes for any image that people want made into an icon, really.

Heh...Anderson is a lot like Vegeta; when they show up, they steal the show completely.
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:10 am

@RWBY
I like it, it's just one of those shows where I have to turn off my brain and appreciate the fluid combat animation and fun (if simplistic) characters. The writing does improve a bit in the second season (though not enough to make it worth watching for the story alone) and the characterization does massively improve as they get more defined. I dunno, I started watching it after going on a magical girl binge with KLK and Madoka Magica, so I bought into the world and archetypes a bit more than I probably would have otherwise.

Also, I can conveniently color-code my ship names. And lever-action shotgun-chuks are a thing.

Last edited by Scienza on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:23 am

That's part of why I love Sun so much

Also have a soft spot for Roman
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:18 am

Vinylshadow wrote:That's part of why I love Sun so much
If only he and Neptune weren't ship-killers.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:28 am

Dock-blocks?

One of these days, I will read Cheerilee's Garden...:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Dock-blocks?
Okay, I'll admit, that actually made me laugh.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:16 pm

@Vinyl: Eh, to what I recall, it was so-so. Just random gore for the sake of it, little interaction or story.
Been like, 3-4 years since I read it though.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:24 pm

I have my moments

and now you have a new term for people that ruin shippings

"Oi, don't be such a Dock-Block"

=

FNaF2:

Hm...and here I thought it was a story where Cheerilee turns to drugs and/or self-mutilation when her students drive her mad and shenanigans ensue...and if that is what happens, I will laugh very hard

...eugh....20,000 word chapters, really?
*puts aside for late-night perusal*
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:
FNaF2:
Have you played FNaF? Just watching an LP doesn't do the game justice, since the atmosphere and sound design is a good two-thirds of the reason why it's so goddamn scary.

Also, that dock-block thing was clever. Well played, Vinyl, well played.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Yeah, even I'll admit that was pretty funny.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:04 pm

FNaF:

So? Any horror games (New or old) the people of PHCC enjoy?

It's not something I enjoy, but I do like to peek at it every now and again for a cheap laugh
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Scienza wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:
FNaF2:
Have you played FNaF? Just watching an LP doesn't do the game justice, since the atmosphere and sound design is a good two-thirds of the reason why it's so goddamn scary.

Also, that dock-block thing was clever. Well played, Vinyl, well played.

I disagree. That game gets a lot of it's horror from taking control from the player, so watching an LP in which you hand what little control you have over the situation to someone else has the possibility of being more horrifying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Depends on who's playing it

I've only watched Markipliar play it (Second to beat FNaF1's 420 mode) and enjoyed it, scares and all

check cam, flick light, see Bonnie, close door, check cam, flicks light, open door, ho hum...

FNaF2 has 10/20, which is even MORE fun...

10/20:

No commentary either

News in Haiku:

....heh
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:38 pm

@Horror
Last actually scary one I played was probably still the first Amnesia. Liked the dev's style ever since playing the tech demo for Penumbra, and they delivered some really strong stuff in that. Though the atmosphere of pitch black, grainy-textured halls opening into a huge open space covered in metal catwalks lit only by the surreal, green haze of your glowstick still hasn't been beaten for me. Loved that bit. Things were brighter and medieval-themed in Amnesia; the game was scarier, but Penumbra had atmosphere down pat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Atmosphere sets the mood for such games

Still waiting for a horror game set in an abandoned amusement park where you're chased by a homicidal clown or something

I like games where you're in a huge open world and there's only ever one other thing that can possibly kill you out there, since you'll never know when your paths will cross

Also, games that don't give you a way to kill the thing trying to kill you

You wanna survive? Better get moving!
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:51 pm

There's Miasmata, although the creature spawns in the vicinity of you. It gives the illusion of it following you, but it would've been cool if the beast actually tracked you down instead of spawning in your area.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:20 am

I'm assuming not many people here use PMs, but if you do is anyone else having an issue where the little icon that tells you if a message is read or not isn't showing up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:32 am

I would pay money to watch this:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:17 am

@swicked
Intersting. I can't down or up vote your post.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:02 am

Mister Frost wrote:All notion of internal or external logic is discarded in favor neat-o scythe moves and underaged girls clad in ridiculous, skimpy outfits.

I don't want to dredge up the discussion again, I feel we've reached a conclusion. To the best of my knowledge I think I understand you complaints, but this has been driving me crazy. Who are you referring to when you say ridiculous and skimpy outifts? More specifically skimpy. Because Ruby for instance only has the skin on her hands and face exposed. I can see your point on Yang with her cleavage and shorts, but the rest of the cast don't really fit the description.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:12 am

swicked wrote:Apparently this post (I've posted and deleted it several times), no matter what it contains or what thread I put it in, automatically has a "like" on it.
Weird board glitch.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Haaax_5
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:17 am

@swicked
I remember up voting post-reply to Vinyl about character from Ski. Now it's not there and there is your post with my(?) up vote.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:46 am

Maybe, though it wasn't from Vinyl. Don't remember from who exactly (still was half-sleeping before work). As for other threads...dunno, maybe you can't get rid of up voted post and this way from up vote. And as for why this up vote went to you - maybe forum's engine remembered, that post #100500 had up vote and this way you got one?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:58 am

Like, the update schedule, or what's going on?

'cause apparently the author had health issues for a month and that delayed the update.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:27 am

I presume that that's either the new design that denotes the end thus far of the story's progress (considering how weird things got before when you tried to click. "Next") or just the end of a chapter.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:37 am

swicked wrote:The book ended! After a page of ash! And then it was put away!
What!
Just read the latest update...

WHAT THE SHIT WHAT WHAT WHAT
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:06 am

I finally decided to listen to Behemoth, more specifically their album titled The Satanist. The walking drumbeat backing blazingly-fast guitars towards the end of the track In the Absence ov Light makes it quite haunting.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next