Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
RoboRed
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Cptadder
brony all alone
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ketchup
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Frost
Katarn
Tytan
Vinylshadow
23 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:29 am

iLateralGX wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Scary, perhaps, that the mind is capable of such things, but most people would rather forget that we, a weak, slow, fragile species, didn't claw our way to the top of the food chain because of our capacity to build bridges and compose symphonies.

We got on top because we could cooperate on a level other species can barely touch.

We created language that can relay more complicated concepts than 'here I am' and 'food'.

We stayed on top because we can do one thing better than any other species on the planet.

We can anticipate and plan for the future.

It started with hunting animals for their furs so we wouldn't freeze during the winter. Then we invented villages. Then we planted our own crops so we wouldn't have to forage for our food. Then we domesticated animals for various purposes.

So on and so forth for millennium so we could keep what we had from those that wanted it, and so we could take what we wanted from those that had it.
Also language and writing. Those are kind of super important.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:32 am

Mister Frost wrote:
wut:
Huh. Normally it's the anti-gun lobby that jumps on mass shootings to push their agenda.

I thought Anita was just in it for the money. Well, turns out that she might really be a supremacist. Who knew.

Call me old-fashioned, but I don't think we can really judge a sane person's views by the actions of a disturbed psychopath that professes the same views.

But you totally can! Tumblr taught me so!
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:58 am

swicked wrote:Edit:
I could swear I have vague recollections of more than a couple shootings in which women were the target and the shooter was a guy who couldn't convince a girl (or girls) to sleep with him.

There was one not long ago. I can't remember the guy's name, but he had this video where he went on about punishing women for not dating him and how he was forced to endure a life of forced cellabacy or some other horse shit. But it wasn't a school shooting. To my knowledge he didn't shoot up a school, he killed his roomate and I think 11 women.

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:00 am

Mister Frost wrote:
On an unrelated note, I don't think Ebola would be ravaging Africa right now if more people would just vote Republican.

No, the Ebola outbreak would be worse, but we would be trying to solve the problem by blocking all traffic from the country. You certainly wouldn't hear about it on the news as much. Democrats tend to fear-monger less because they have actual ideas worth talking about and don't need to fill up a 24 hour news cycle with what amounts to:

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 669db27dc4436180a2a16e098cafef630807404ad07f31ef8f958a2951707517
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : -8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:08 am

@Swicked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxe1Sdc-pJE

Buckley did a video on one of the guys you're referring to.

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:11 am

Last wrote:
swicked wrote:Edit:
I could swear I have vague recollections of more than a couple shootings in which women were the target and the shooter was a guy who couldn't convince a girl (or girls) to sleep with him.

There was one not long ago. I can't remember the guy's name, but he had this video where he went on about punishing women for not dating him and how he was forced to endure a life of forced cellabacy or some other horse shit. But it wasn't a school shooting. To my knowledge he didn't shoot up a school, he killed his roomate and I think 11 women.

There were 316.1 million living in America at the last national count in 2013. If even 0.001% of those people are bat shit insane, then that is still 3161 people in America who could go on a rampage at any given time. That is of course being REALLY generous with the human condition. Given the amount of crazy in America, I'd say it's closer to 0.01% (31610 people)

But don't worry! If there is anything you should take away from the news coverage of this recent election cycle is that at least half those crazy people live in Texas so the rest of us are more likely to win the lottery than be gunned down in a mass shooting by some frustrated virgin.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:25 am

Though if this were an issue of misogyny I'd think we'd see a trend where the shooters were specifically targeting women. In the Isla Vista Killings where Elliot Rodger no doubt hated women he started off by stabbing to death three men. Which to me indicates  lack of empathy for other people in general not just women.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:55 am

Last wrote:Though if this were an issue of misogyny I'd think we'd see a trend where the shooters were specifically targeting women. In the Isla Vista Killings where Elliot Rodger no doubt hated women he started off by stabbing to death three men. Which to me indicates  lack of empathy for other people in general not just women.
The way I think about Elliot Rodger is that while his beliefs (which were disgusting) reflected the sexist attitudes that are all too present in our society, his decision to kill was more reflective of just how deeply fucking crazy he was.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:24 am

And I'd agree with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:25 am

Scienza wrote:
Last wrote:Though if this were an issue of misogyny I'd think we'd see a trend where the shooters were specifically targeting women. In the Isla Vista Killings where Elliot Rodger no doubt hated women he started off by stabbing to death three men. Which to me indicates  lack of empathy for other people in general not just women.
The way I think about Elliot Rodger is that while his beliefs (which were disgusting) reflected the sexist attitudes that are all too present in our society, his decision to kill was more reflective of just how deeply fucking crazy he was.
I'm inclined to think that he (and other hate-based mass shooters) would find another "reason" to kill people if not for the beliefs they held. We can work on societal and social problems until it seems we're at a perfect egalitarian utopia, but we'll never quite fix crazy.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:38 am

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:45 am

You could kill someone with Cloud(?)'s spiky-ass hair

Who needs a 20-foot-sword when you can kill people by headbutting them?

Oh hey...they added Pegasus Wings to Team Fortress 2

Oh...they're only for the Medic Class

*sighs*
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:03 pm

JadedPony wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
On an unrelated note, I don't think Ebola would be ravaging Africa right now if more people would just vote Republican.

No, the Ebola outbreak would be worse, but we would be trying to solve the problem by blocking all traffic from the country. You certainly wouldn't hear about it on the news as much. Democrats tend to fear-monger less because they have actual ideas worth talking about and don't need to fill up a 24 hour news cycle with what amounts to:

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 669db27dc4436180a2a16e098cafef630807404ad07f31ef8f958a2951707517
Woah, you might want to put a hard hat on, to protect yourself from all the jokes flying over your head.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:35 pm

Stumbled across this gamergate stream TB was apart of. It's an interesting listen, at the very least I think it's pretty good background noise if you're busy with something else.

TB doesn't show up till about 30 minutes in if I remember correctly. Coincidentally I think that's when the discussion picks up so I'd say you're justified in skipping ahead if you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:06 pm

This is some great incentive to start playing Crusader Kings II:

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Been playing that from time to time at work.
Sometimes it's so hard to not lose everything and get most of your lineage killed...

I've found this more funny, than I should've been:

RNG is either very evil..or a troll:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:09 pm

So two of my best friends fought last night and I listened to the potentially friendship destroying argument and had to pretty much do damage control through a computer and ended up stuck on the sidelines. Pretty shitty feeling all in all.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Well, that sucks

by fighting, do you mean IRL, or online?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well, that sucks

by fighting, do you mean IRL, or online?
They fought IRL. Dorm roommates too. Some of you that play payday with us will know who I am talking about. Just sucks that I couldn't be there in person to sort the mess out but had to deal with some of the fallout.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:26 pm

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I'm fucking done. I'm done with the gaming industry, I'm done with the gaming "community", I'm done with the people who want to change it on either side. I'm going to have fun doing my stupid hobby with the people I care about and fuck anything larger than that.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Scienza wrote:Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I'm fucking done. I'm done with the gaming industry, I'm done with the gaming "community", I'm done with the people who want to change it on either side. I'm going to have fun doing my stupid hobby with the people I care about and fuck anything larger than that.
I avoid dealing with these problems and situations by hiding in my room, avoiding most of the social parts of the internet and talking to virtually no one. By removing 'other people' from my life, I've solved virtually all of my problems.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Mister Frost wrote:

I avoid dealing with these problems and situations by hiding in my room, avoiding most of the social parts of the internet and talking to virtually no one. By removing 'other people' from my life, I've solved virtually all of my problems.
I'm honestly confused. Who the fuck even thinks like that?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 pm

While gross and stuff, that's not actually surprising to me. I've seen worse from that mob.

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Woah, you might want to put a hard hat on, to protect yourself from all the jokes flying over your head.

I might have missed it. There are a lot of topics flying around at once.

As to the gamer gate thing, both sides are trolls at this point, why don't people just stop talking about them?
There will be no positive outcome for either side with the national conversation going on the way it is.
They need to let the thing cool down then broach the topic again with, you know, tact instead of inflammatory accusations.
Hopefully the next go round won't devolve to the point that the issue is lost in the noise.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:36 am

The true history of the Land of the Free
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:08 am

haven't had time to read it yet, but this looks like it could be funny / interesting:

http://cheesewiz.tumblr.com/
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:49 am

Reddit wrote:We did this because you, like most white transwomen, show a fundamental lack of gratitude for your allies on the left who have campaigned for social justice for decades.

Oh god my sides

Also, happy Nightmare Night!:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:26 pm

Well, for some masochistic reason I can't define, I've decided to assuage my boredom by putting myself through ~1 hour of thrilling teenage drama by watching Rainbow Rocks. Running commentary (in the vein of my viewing of the original Equestria Girls) will be forthcoming.

Ten minutes in, thus far, and I have to say that the title is quite misleading. Rainbow doesn't particularly rock. She kinda rolls, if you're into that sorta thing, but it's certainly not rocking. (I have to wonder why that's the only musical genre that's also used as a verb, aside from 'rap'. You never meet anyone who 'countries', 'pops', or 'death metals'. Shit's changing--I'm making that a thing now.)

I have to admit, though, that I find Sunshit Sharter actually fairly bearable this time around, mostly because she treats her days of being a megalomaniac slave-maker as less a dark and deeply-regretful, monstrous past and more as an embarassing, facepalm-worthy phase she went through a while back, like a girl reflecting on that ill-advised time she dabbled in the goth or emo scene. "Oh, man, that was embarassing. I'm telling you, though, it used to be all the rage to be an inhuman warlord from another dimension. All the boys loved girls like that."

I can only surmise that she'll reassume her monstrous from to burn-maul the fuck out of these singing bitches and their bitchy singing in the climax.

"Let's have a battle of the bands!"
"Let's not, and instead, I feast on your charred bones. Yay, high school."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:31 pm

"You'll have to excuse them. They're idiots."

Was that a....clever line? In this movie? 

With a running total of One, this film has exceeded expectations.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next