Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
RoboRed
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Cptadder
brony all alone
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ketchup
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Frost
Katarn
Tytan
Vinylshadow
23 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:38 pm

"Just follow my lead."
"Or my lead"

Well, I see Purpleface McAngryBrows is a graduate of the G1 Starscream school of political maneuvering, wherein one looks one's superior dead in the eye and announces that one plans to murder them and usurp the leadership position in the near future. I'm all about honesty--well, at least, like, 70% about honesty--but it kinda takes a backseat when playing the Game of Notional Thrones.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:39 pm

Still need to watch Rainbow Rocks. I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:45 pm

"Those three are definitely in possession of some dark magic. How else could you explain what happened back there?"

Teenagers are dumb and emotional. That's how else.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:55 pm

"It's your problem now, assholes"

--Starswirl the Bearded, hero of Equestria
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:00 pm

And they're ancient drago-mermaid-whatsits, not high-school-age girls. They're legal.

So it's okay to admit that I'd wreck all three of them like Diana. That's comforting, actually.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Slice-of-life storytime!

My car is an ancient creature. Not the kind of ancient where it starts accumulating style or value, but the kind of ancient where it's fourteen years old and thus only has a cassette player. Since I'm not the kind of black metal fan that has trve kvlt demo cassettes recorded in shady Norwegian basements, this means I listen to the radio a lot. And in my neck of the currently-orange-colored woods, that means if I want music, I have the "alternative" station, and the "classic rock" station.

Now, the alt. station seems to be under the impression that hip-hop and (easy listening) indie rock are both alternative (maybe they're even right - what the hell do I know about alternative?), so 90% of the time that's right out. The classic rock station is a bit more hit on the hit-and-miss slider, though: true, sometimes you have a listener request themed hour where some lawyer from Connecticut thought it'd be clever to put on ten songs in a row that all are based on the theme of "rock and roll," and are almost inevitably filler since no sane musician uses up good ideas on the song about the genre they're playing; but other times - today times - you get something better. Like last night, when they put on Alice in Chains (apparently "classic rock" includes '90s grunge bands now); or today, when they had a perfect run of AC/DC, Boston, Judas Priest, Stevie Wonder, and The Who. Made my goddamn day. Doing death growls along with the refrain of "Boris the Spider" while out shopping for emergency Halloween candy. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:31 pm

We return from this smoke break buffering period for the illegal torrent quick breather to share more adventures from a tee shirt company with way too much time on their hands:

Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:54 pm

Well, having resumed, I'm noticing two things:

1.) When Sunset was bending over to look in the fridge, Twilight was absolutely checking out her ass.
2.) The expressions, at least, are a lot better this time around. There's none of that anime-style horseshit from the first one where they just went around winking every ten second when they sang. I always assumed it was just because their giant mutant eyes gathered dust like nobody's business.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:59 pm

Aaaand their heavily-sabotaged song was still less banal and grating than a Nickelback 'performance', so they have that going for them, at least.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:25 pm

"Missing you already."

Yeah, the ass-gazing was reciprocated, it seems. Let the fanfics fly.

Overall, despite the sugary pop-rock garbage they were passing off as music, that was actually fairly decent.

Whoever it was they had for Shimmer's VA, I'll admit, was pretty solid.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:39 pm

You'll notice I said 'most'. This is pretty much the only forum/board I post on. 

You're correct about the second part, though. I'm frequently bugged and pestered about why I never talk and why I don't seem to want to go out with the dude-bros on the weekend.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:11 pm

I often feel like Swicked is going to be one of the first guys to jump on getting his mind uploaded, when this become a thing.

Although to be fair, I would also probably seriously consider the idea. Though I'd like to keep experiencing my body a bit more, first.

On the other hand, if I could have a backup app that continuously saved my mind in such a way that if I died, almost nothing would be lost (up to the last savepoint), that'd be great.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:56 pm

Upload into a computer would be a pretty shitty thing, I think. Unless, naturally, it's a stepping stone to being interred in a bitchin' robot body with missile launchers and plasma claws and shit. Because, I may be alone on this viewpoint, but I personally don't see the draw of being utterly without physical form and stuck moving across computer networks, especially when the alternative is having armor that laughs at anti-tank rounds and being able to trample the weak beneath enormous (pointlessly clawed and sharp) mechanical feet.

I'll ascribe to this Transhumanism shit when Fulgore happens, is what I'm saying
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:22 am

I'm doubt that I'm the first person to come up with this but I've recently come to the realization that the movie event horizon it's about the discovery of The Warp (40K variety).
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:14 am

Nice bit of animation:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:02 am

Tytan wrote:I'm doubt that I'm the first person to come up with this but I've recently come to the realization that the movie event horizon it's about the discovery of The Warp (40K variety).
Yep, some in the 40k community consider it a spiritual prequel of sorts.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:34 am

RE Event Horizon: yeah, pretty much. It probably wasn't the intention, but the thing is just spot on, considering how the warp is described in 40K.

Heh. I can imagine historians from the Dark Age of Technology:

"Discovering the Warp wasn't the hard part when it came to conquering the stars. In fact, evidences suggest that the first functional Warp engine was designed as early as M3. No, the hard part has always been to survive the trip, as the first attempted trip with the aforementioned engine became proof. It's only far later, with the invention of the Gellar Field, that Humanity became free to take its place among the stars."
"So, what's the problem, exactly, about traveling the Warp without Gellar fields?"
"The Navigators say they'd rather not talk about it. Something about their third eye and seeing in a land of the blinds or something to that effect..."
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:37 am

@ Swicked: it's more of a general observation, considering you've said several times before that you attached no importance to your body; and your last comment about being alone made me think about that out loud.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:45 am

Yeah, in these circumstances, I can perfectly understand your point of view.

Hearing your story, I feel privileged to have the body and physical fitness I have, even though if I could I'd have some... arrangements done.

I often wonder if I'm not a little -too- enthusiastic about the perspective of cybernetics, considering the absolutely huge highways there are for abuse...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:09 am

I'm kinda on the other end of the spectrum--to date, the random breaking of my foot is the only major injury I've had, even while I find myself being 'accidentally' in all sort of circumstances that result in boxes and heavy objects falling on my head, my hands being slashed up and crushed on a virtually weekly basis, numerous easily-infectible wounds, ect. Despite that, I don't get infections, rarely if ever get sick, and my blood even clots with abnormal quickness. My main complaint is that I have an endomorphic body type, meaning, while it's easy to put on muscle (especially around the core) I always have a few extra pounds hanging around I can't seem to get rid of.

Last edited by Mister Frost on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:12 am

ANOTHER YEAR OLDER, ANOTHER YEAR CLOSER TO LOSING MY MIND

oops, too late for that

Good morning dearies, how was your Nightmare Night?
*nibbles on Mounds and Almond Joys*

@Injuries

I have torn the skin off my right palm, right elbow, right knee and gouged out my right ankle on one of those rusty iron tent pegs that hold up large pavillions (and the last ironically happened on my graduation party day)

Was a lot of fun

Can't wait for the same to happen to my left side, or am I only prone to accidents on the right side of my body?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:07 am

@Let's Play Embodied Existence
I've honestly got very little to complain about when it comes to my body. Never broken anything, only needed stitches once (for my mouth - I wasn't snitching, I just had some sorta weird lump they had to cut out), and I received whatever strange genes run in my family that make caffeine our ichor and ambrosia. Most of my scars are on my hands, from burns and glass. I've got a very small bump taken out of one cheek, no idea where it came from.

Apart from that, I can grow a proper beard that looks good (people tell me) until it gets to Ted Kaczynski levels, and my metabolism still works in such a way that I don't have to take too much care about what I eat and don't eat. My only complaint is the headaches and minor mental shenanigans (and all the usual human stuff, of course).

So: would I upload myself to a machine? Eh, probably. Copy, certainly, so long as there were self-destruct protocols in place for the copy if it turned out life as machine-based simulation was actually hell. The odds are extremely good that it'd change me a ton, but I figure if we got to that point our culture would already have mutated to the point at which transhuman weirdness had support systems and was at least somewhat understood. Wouldn't have to worry too much about going nuts from power or isolation or whatever.

I wonder what the internet would be like if it was filled with uploaded consciousnesses shitposting at the speed of thought? Probably not very different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:36 am

I'd love to upload my mind and soul to a machine

To be able to troll the internet forever?

Hm...I'd probably need a very obscure location to discourage people from coming to destroy my core though
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Cool music, cool video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:25 pm

"Happy Halloween":
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:30 pm

So, the tutorial for Crusader Kings II had me (as this guy) create a plot to assassinate my own brother (as he had no heirs, and I had a claim on his kingdom). When it was recommended that I find some people to back up the plot, it turned out that his own wife, the queen, didn't like him, so she was in on the plot.

...Yeah, I'll definitely get that Game of Thrones mod for my second playthrough. I'll pick a Slavic chief for the first one, of course.

P.S.: Filly Feather Festival tomorrow! Maybe someone will shoot a video of me making a fool of myself on stage.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:32 pm

Fortunately I apparently had all my body troubles early on when I had cancer as an infant (leukemia, if you were wondering). Since then I've pretty much been fine, only needing stitches once, and that was because of my own stupidity. And all the minor health problems I've had since then have been my fault as well (curse you ingrown toenails).
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:09 pm

#anime
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:42 pm

didn't find a source:

His villain name is "Manchild"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:56 pm

I understand the appeal of cybernetics. The vast majority of my own physical problems are genetic, or something else that I can't fix. I get sick very easily, I have severe blood pressure issues, I get severe headaches on an extremely regular basis, I probably have asthma, my lungs are scarred from having pneumonia 3-4 times, and I can't breathe properly through my nose because I broke it as a kid (or at least that's my theory). That list excludes a lot of things.

That's not to say I hate my own body. I have a very fast metabolism, I can carry heavy weights with little issue, and, frankly, as conceited as it sounds, all it takes for me to turn heads is a decent suit of clothes and a smile.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next