Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
RoboRed
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Cptadder
brony all alone
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ketchup
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Frost
Katarn
Tytan
Vinylshadow
23 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:31 pm

There's already several attempts in the works from several different sources to try and get his ass discharged.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Tytan wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:If I had to guess, it would be something like shouting, breaking radio silence, or tumbling over an obstacle he didn't see in the dark.
My other guess would be failing to maintain light discipline. Either by turning on a flashlight, breaking a glow stick, or firing off a flare gun.
I remember during the field training we had, we had these civilian little radios everyone had bought in order not to have to use the military radios (which were huge and weighted a ton). The problem was that every time you pressed the talk button, they did a "scrch" sound that could be heard very clearly in the silence of the night, AND they also had this bright blue led that lit itself everytime someone was speaking on the frequency. I could see it even when the people were hidden behind bushes a hundred of metres away.

And let's not even talk about the "call" function that made all the radios on the frequency loudly ring like a cellphone.

Did I mention the whole company, and the four brigades it was composed of, had the same radios sharing the same 10 frequencies?

I remember being so pissed off with the lack of radio discipline people had with the thing that during the "mission" I led, I ordered people to just turn off the fucking things and stay in visual range of each other.

Of course, all it meant is that fifteen minutes later, our group of fifteen had broken in three or four groups in the forest, in the darkness of the night, while my "second in command" just did whatever the hell he damn pleased.

Leadership is hard, especially when you're surrounded by fuckwads.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:38 pm

We didn't get any sort of option like that in Basic. Our platoon had three radios, carried by three RTO's, and they stayed with their respective leader-elements that were tasked out while one stayed with the Platoon Leader.

Of course, with our newer equipment that we use on the line, every team and squad leader has a radio that lets them communicate up to the company level, while every track and the platoon's one RTO has equipment that lets them communicate up to the battalion level.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:42 pm

@Harmony
From my experience, you will be always surrounded by fuckwads. Yourself included.
It's so many times when experienced and smart people do stupid things (myself included).

@Frost
I don't know him personally (duh), but do you mean discharge from army or platoon? I mean, did he pissed you and many others that much?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm pretty sure the military radios we had dated back to the late 1970's, early 1980's.

I mean, just look at it:

Spoiler:

Yes, it is at least as heavy as it looks.

Not pictured: the one meter long antenna that has the nasty habit of getting stuck everywhere, especially in tree branches.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Also, I'm pretty sure the guns we were issued were all older than us, even me (I was the one of the oldest in the company).

FAMAS F1. Rest in fucking pieces.

Why do you have to look so cool yet be so shitty to use?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:04 pm

Katarn wrote:@Harmony
From my experience, you will be always surrounded by fuckwads. Yourself included.
It's so many times when experienced and smart people do stupid things (myself included).

@Frost
I don't know him personally (duh), but do you mean discharge from army or platoon? I mean, did he pissed you and many others that much?
From the Army. He's a shitty soldier who would get people killed in combat. He doesn't deserve to wear the uniform.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
From the Army. He's a shitty soldier who would get people killed in combat. He doesn't deserve to wear an officers uniform.
Don't worry I fixed that for you Frost. Either he will be sectioned out or more likely moved to a shit assignment along with a shitty nco to make sure they don't set anything on fire or steal anything. Fort Bragg had such scut work jobs, everything from Range maintenance (IE they picked up brass and windex the windows on the gun range) to transport assistance (Two man carry job? Congratulations your the second man)
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:14 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Missed his que to pick up security and move out with his squad. Our open window of verified-unwatched opportunity to cross the street passed as he turned around, realized he was alone, ran across the street (being seen by the CO and other observers in the process) and proceeded to get captured by the OPFOR even as the rest of the platoon found the cache (after silently capturing and interrogating two locals) and got ready to mount up and move. 

This is the same hunchbacked, four-toothed retard that, when we were in Basic together, managed to get a whole Brigade smoked, so that should tell you something.
The brigade? Not the squad, platoon, or company, or battalion. He managed to Blue Falcon THE ENTIRE FUCKING BRIGADE. That's... Holy shit.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:57 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Missed his que to pick up security and move out with his squad. Our open window of verified-unwatched opportunity to cross the street passed as he turned around, realized he was alone, ran across the street (being seen by the CO and other observers in the process) and proceeded to get captured by the OPFOR even as the rest of the platoon found the cache (after silently capturing and interrogating two locals) and got ready to mount up and move. 

This is the same hunchbacked, four-toothed retard that, when we were in Basic together, managed to get a whole Brigade smoked, so that should tell you something.
The brigade? Not the squad, platoon, or company, or battalion. He managed to Blue Falcon THE ENTIRE FUCKING BRIGADE. That's... Holy shit.
Every single man in the Brigade. Yeah. Not a typo. Several thousand people. Yeah.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Well, I officially made a GaruruPlatypus in WoD: Werewolf. Not useful in any way, but yeah!
Next goal: Malkavian with the 5 point Malkavian exclusive mentor, and a dog named Sheppard. Which gets replaced frequently.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
StoneSlinger88 wrote:

Every single man in the Brigade. Yeah. Not a typo. Several thousand people. Yeah.
Care to recount the experience for us civies who don't know what a Blue Falcon is?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:57 pm

Blue Falcon. Old Military Alphabet for BF, or "Buddy Fucker". 

Anydick, long story short, it was in Basic, as I mentioned, and this chucklefuck was the only guy to fall out of a Brigade run. Some five thousand weak-ass Privates and old-ass Cadre, and he's the only one that couldn't fucking hang. We finish up, and the Brigade Commander (A full-bird Colonel) drops everyone into the front-leaning rest 'cause of it. Cadre and all.

I bet the deformed little gremlin's running would improve if he didn't have the exact posture and movements of a fucking velociraptor as he ran, in retrospect
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:39 am

Testosterone:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:32 am

Dawwww:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm not certain, but I believe this may be Iron-something
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I'm not certain, but I believe this may be Iron-something

I don't know what the hell I just read, but that made my day a lot better.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:I'm not certain, but I believe this may be Iron-something

I don't know what the hell I just read, but that made my day a lot better.
Thirty Hs is the best.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Scienza wrote:
Thirty Hs is the best.

This story reads like an Ozzy Osbourne drug-trip from taking the shroomiest of shrooms.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:25 pm

So, I got into the the Dragon Age Keep closed beta.

It begins...
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Scienza wrote:So, I got into the the Dragon Age Keep closed beta.

It begins...
Jelly intensifies.

Also.

TMI Warning:

This has been a very good couple weeks for me.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:15 am

tylertoon2 wrote:
TMI Warning:
This has been a very good couple weeks for me.
Piece of wisdom stashed away for future reference when I actually find someone. Scootaloo
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:18 am

@Tyler
Apparently, there's a great deal of technique involved; that said, had it done by a pro and it still didn't do much for me, so mileage definitely can vary on the receiving end, too. (Pro meaning skilled operator, not literally professional)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:39 am

Took another couple cracks at drawing Allouette.

1:

2:

She's a conveniant midway point between ponies and people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:34 am

Congrats Tyler.

If it's not too private, did you go for a dude or a lady?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:13 am

When someone talks about you behind your back and you hear them:

Today actually run into two people, who were discussing me. In good way though..but who knows.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:13 pm

Me about most software. I do use legal ones...sometimes..most of the time..at work at very least.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:09 pm

swicked wrote:
Scienza wrote:So, I got into the the Dragon Age Keep closed beta.

It begins...
Ugh, I never even beat DA2. The game just never seems to end...
For all the issues with it, I actually really liked DA2. Great cast of characters, combat was actually fun... Basically, it was Mass Effect 2 set in Dragon Age, which I'm okay with.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Real CPR is not for the fainthearted:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Congrats Tyler.

If it's not too private, did you go for a dude or a lady?
He is a very sweet and cute guy that I had been crushing for about a year and been friends for just as long, even asked out before. He had also been crushing on me for a while, but had convinced himself (for some stupid reason) that he didn't deserve me. Needless to say I convinced him to re-think his position.

TMI warning:

Last edited by tylertoon2 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next