Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
RoboRed
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Cptadder
brony all alone
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ketchup
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Frost
Katarn
Tytan
Vinylshadow
23 posters

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 8 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:38 am

Finally watched the Season 4 finale.

I can see where the hype came from. It was pretty great, yeah.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 8 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:50 am

Reading a comic, made me wonder...

How do you call a relationship where both partners need each others just in order to stay functional and not crumble into a pile of self-destructive wrecks?

From PH, we know that BJ need(ed) Glory in such a way, but it wasn't mutual. Here I'm talking about a legit pair of borderline suicidal self-loathing wrecks who use each others as crutches.

I suppose there isn't a handy pre-existing word to describe that, is it?

Note: This is the comic I'm talking about
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:59 am

I think some people here may appreciate these drawings
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:57 am

I think I understand now why Tumblr suck so much of my bandwidth.

I get something like 500 posts per day on my dashboard.

And I look at each and everyone of them at least once.

This coming from only 71 blogs, with like a dozen of them being on hiatus / inactive / dead.

Numbers be crazy, man.

How do people who follow, like, 200+ blogs even manage their dashboards??

Edit: I am the God of Multiposting. Truly, I have no equal. All bow before my might.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by brony all alone Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:35 am

ok so ive played an elder scrolls, a far cry, a gta, a fallout, and minecraft.
this is just a random question but but out of all these series which ones did yall enjoy the moist and for what reasons? and if theres one you have played thats not on here please share.
brony all alone
brony all alone
Pegasus

Brohoof! : -1

Character List:
Name: RazorWing
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:40 am

brony all alone wrote:which ones did yall enjoy the moist
Sadly, I don't think I have ever enjoyed a videogame to such a degree.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:45 am

@Harmony

Maybe he means 'brought tear to your eye' kind of moist?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by brony all alone Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:53 am

misspell on my part. but that 1 ending from farcry3..........
brony all alone
brony all alone
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:55 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Mmmmm.... Garrus.

Tell me about your calibrations...
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:41 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 8 Tumblr_n8l010rKdj1s6ffauo1_500
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Mass Effect, no more has a serious turned me from love to rage in less than fifteen minutes.
Shepard?:

The game I enjoyed most is obvious... Fallout: New Vegas thanks to mods. Without mods early games has to be Planescape: Torment because fuck you Planescape is amazing. Mid PC is Half-Life 2 because it's still a great game. New games I'd peg GTA 5 or Minecraft.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Note: This is the comic I'm talking about
Oh yeah, Dumbing of Age is awesome, just enough subtle jabs at society, some not so subtle ones, and a whole lot of feels.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:10 pm

@Favorite Games
Damn, hard one. Out of things I'm currently playing, Skyrim's still probably on top ('cos mods). Overall, though, I probably couldn't even put out a list of favorites per genre; plus, I've changed throughout my life, as have my tastes, so things I might've loved once aren't as compelling now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:47 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Note: This is the comic I'm talking about
Oh yeah, Dumbing of Age is awesome, just enough subtle jabs at society, some not so subtle ones, and a whole lot of feels.
For some reasons I kept reading "feels" as "eels".

This kind of confused me.

Re gaems: it's hard to pick a favorite, but what I can say is that Fallout 2 will always hold a dear place in my heart. Mostly because a) it introduced me to RPGs, and b) because it introduced me to the Fallout series.

Let's just say I was eagerly awaiting Fallout 3 for a largepart of a decade.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Speaking of games, our training op last night was a raid to seize a weapons cache. Each platoon ran through it individually, with the scenario reset between each. 

First Platoon went in balls-to-the-wall, kicking in doors and going weapons-free. 

Second did a KLE (Key Leader Engagement) and basically went house to house, asking questions and trying to friendly-up their way to the cache. 

Third (my) platoon had established and outer cordon and cleared 80% of the village's buildings before the observers (our CO included) realized we were there.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:07 pm

So you have the Aggressive playthrough, the Diplomatic playthrough, and the Stealth playthrough.

Interesting.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Speaking of games, our training op last night was a raid to seize a weapons cache. Each platoon ran through it individually, with the scenario reset between each. 

First Platoon went in balls-to-the-wall, kicking in doors and going weapons-free. 

Second did a KLE (Key Leader Engagement) and basically went house to house, asking questions and trying to friendly-up their way to the cache. 

Third (my) platoon had established and outer cordon and cleared 80% of the village's buildings before the observers (our CO included) realized we were there.
What guidelines were there for rules of engagement? It seems simply shooting everyone isn't really acceptable in today's ops.
And, was it a competitive exercise to see what each unit would do in the same situation, or by "reset" do you mean that different situations were presented?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Well, they still had to establish PID (positive identification) before engaging, but they were just being aggressive and not really giving the enemy any choice but to fight or die. 

It wasn't so much a competition so much as a comparison; noting the different tactics that the squad- and platoon-level leaders between platoons. 

I mean the situation "reset" as in that the weapons cache was re-hidden and the OPFOR went back to "idle" behavior between scenarios--it wasn't like there were three separate weapons caches to find.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by brony all alone Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:05 pm

playing farcry3,
gets chased by pirates, their jeep goes in water,
they stay seated,
they get out and die instantly, their bodies do a synchronize swimming thing,
 i turn around, i see rocket guy shoot rocket at my face.

ah the joys of farcry 3.
brony all alone
brony all alone
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:20 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:So you have the Aggressive playthrough, the Diplomatic playthrough, and the Stealth playthrough.

Interesting.
It bears mentioning that that "Stealth playthrough" involved four 27-ton Diesel-powered tracked vehicles, opening up to release about eighteen heavily-armored, armed and equipped men wearing ineffective camouflage into a dead-silent village being watched by six highly-trained combat veterans. And if not for the errant actions of the retard universally reviled as the platoon idiot, said observers would have never known we were there.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Scienza wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Mmmmm.... Garrus.

Tell me about your calibrations...

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:So you have the Aggressive playthrough, the Diplomatic playthrough, and the Stealth playthrough.

Interesting.
It bears mentioning that that "Stealth playthrough" involved four 27-ton Diesel-powered tracked vehicles, opening up to release about eighteen heavily-armored, armed and equipped men wearing ineffective camouflage into a dead-silent village being watched by six highly-trained combat veterans. And if not for the errant actions of the retard universally reviled as the platoon idiot, said observers would have never known we were there.
Ha!

Can Bradleys really be that silent, or is it just that you did the the thing so quickly that they didn't even have time to become aware of your presence before the deed was done?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 pm

Well, our guys dismounted and moved in from about 300 meters away, while the Brads circled around and established the cordon from about that distance. 

It was in our favor that we actually, lights on and all, blew straight through the town like a random passing convoy, simultaneously getting eyes-on the town while casting off suspicion of the sounds of Bradley engines nearby. As for moving in silently and clearing buildings undetected--well, we're just that damn good.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:59 pm

So...your platoon of heavy armed/armored soldiers, managed _almost_ undetected sweep through most buildings? Damn. That's great!
I think if you were some SpecOps it would be like this:
"Solder! I didn't see your platoon on camouflage training today!"
"Thank you, sir!"
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:04 pm

@Frost

So what did the 'tard do? Fire off a couple rounds in celebration like some backwater fucktard?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:10 pm

If I had to guess, it would be something like shouting, breaking radio silence, or tumbling over an obstacle he didn't see in the dark.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:If I had to guess, it would be something like shouting, breaking radio silence, or tumbling over an obstacle he didn't see in the dark.
My other guess would be failing to maintain light discipline. Either by turning on a flashlight, breaking a glow stick, or firing off a flare gun.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Hey, maybe he just rolled 1 on his stealth check! You can't argue with RNG.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:24 pm

Missed his que to pick up security and move out with his squad. Our open window of verified-unwatched opportunity to cross the street passed as he turned around, realized he was alone, ran across the street (being seen by the CO and other observers in the process) and proceeded to get captured by the OPFOR even as the rest of the platoon found the cache (after silently capturing and interrogating two locals) and got ready to mount up and move. 

This is the same hunchbacked, four-toothed retard that, when we were in Basic together, managed to get a whole Brigade smoked, so that should tell you something.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Missed his que to pick up security and move out with his squad. Our open window of verified-unwatched opportunity to cross the street passed as he turned around, realized he was alone, ran across the street (being seen by the CO and other observers in the process) and proceeded to get captured by the OPFOR even as the rest of the platoon found the cache (after silently capturing and interrogating two locals) and got ready to mount up and move. 

This is the same hunchbacked, four-toothed retard that, when we were in Basic together, managed to get a whole Brigade smoked, so that should tell you something.
That you need to break out the soap and pillow cases?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next