Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
iLateralGX
Ironmonger
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Tytan
Stringtheory
OneMoreDaySK
Katarn
O. Hinds
Frost
Scienza
StoneSlinger88
Vinylshadow
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
20 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by O. Hinds Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:29 pm

@Harmony:
...Well, that sounds... fun...  Oh dear.  Sorry about that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Not to interrupt another lovely episode of "Everyone hates Vinylshadow" but has anyone noticed how this forum tends to lose people we like and retain people we despise? What happened to Sindri? I know he made a post a while back, but he's been MIA ever since.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:36 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I have one on the bed right beside me seriously arguing for the genocide of all muslims, so, you know...

And I have that other catholic fundamentalist colleague, anti-abortion and also probably an actual nazi.

Plus a large number of my colleague who are living embodiment of rape culture.

And, let's not forget my one "friend" who doesn't see anything wrong with lynching gay people.

*murder fantasies intensify*
I can't help but notice that that your environment is making American (Military, no less) culture look tolerant and educated. New Army and whatnot, but that's still saying some shit.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:38 pm

We're educated, but not in things that matter
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:38 pm

@Swicked: if you want to broaden your horizons, you should read what this guy has to say on Islam => http://yuki-menoko.tumblr.com/

@Hinds: you know, when they told me that the people in the army are representative of the society they are part of, this kind of make me lose resolve in my engagement. Oh well... at least I can take comfort in knowing I'll probably beat most of them scholarly. Not the Nazi tho. But I'm not going to make myself sick for that. This world is going to get what it deserve. Me I'm just gonna take what society offer me.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:Not to interrupt another lovely episode of "Everyone hates Vinylshadow" but has anyone noticed how this forum tends to lose people we like and retain people we despise? What happened to Sindri? I know he made a post a while back, but he's been MIA ever since.
IIRC his Real Life is getting in the way of him having time to dedicate to a board about colourful equines. But I might have gotten that wrong. I know he briefly resurfaced a few month ago to quickly disappear again.

@Frost: this might be. You know, the armed forces are a very conservative envirronment, with a large part of the officers coming from old families and the old nobility, so I'm not surprised the general atmosphere is a bit... behind, on social matters. Especially since most of the recruits are kids barely out of high-school, highly malleable and susceptible to suggestion and peer pressure.

Just see how most of my colleagues get themselves absolutely smashed through alcohol abuse every weekend.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:Not to interrupt another lovely episode of "Everyone hates Vinylshadow" but has anyone noticed how this forum tends to lose people we like and retain people we despise? What happened to Sindri? I know he made a post a while back, but he's been MIA ever since.
I think that is in part because the people that everyone despises do not leave.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@Frost: this might be. You know, the armed forces are a very conservative envirronment, with a large part of the officers coming from old families and the old nobility, so I'm not surprised the general atmosphere is a bit... behind, on social matters. Especially since most of the recruits are kids barely out of high-school, highly malleable and susceptible to suggestion and peer pressure.

Just see how most of my colleagues get themselves absolutely smashed through alcohol abuse every weekend.
As I've mentioned before, the Army has programs out the ass to prevent sexism and homophobia (or at least prevent it from becoming an issue in the units). Not to mention the rising culture of tolerance (and backlash against intolerance) that's risen in America out of a long history of being...less than tolerant. It's not surprising that the Army, which prides itself on being model citizens and shit (at least in the public eye) has adopted it.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Thus why pruning some unnecesary users' posting rights might be a good thing.

@Swicked: iirc he has a faq on islam where he explain that Islam is actually a religion of tolerance and understanding and most of what we think we know about it is down mostly to misunderstandings.
He's a student in theology, iirc.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:04 pm

@Frost: yeah, while most would probably see it as an unnecessary waste of time and effort, I'm starting to think that injecting a good dose of Political Correctness TM into the institution at large might not be a bad thing.

If only so people would stop feeling free making ton of mysoginistic jokes just because there isn't any woman in the room (and expecting you to laugh), or even when there are. Or the same with homophobic jokes.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:05 pm

A voice crying out in the desert
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Yeah. If you have firefox on your phone, you can enable desktop view by tapping on the menu button of your phone and selecting "view desktop version".
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:10 pm

Here:

Islam faq: http://yuki-menoko.tumblr.com/tagged/islam-faqs
Islam in general: http://yuki-menoko.tumblr.com/tagged/islam
Religion in general: http://yuki-menoko.tumblr.com/tagged/religion
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Now we need something for Christianity to help straighten that clusterbuck of a religion out
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@Frost: yeah, while most would probably see it as an unnecessary waste of time and effort, I'm starting to think that injecting a good dose of Political Correctness TM into the institution at large might not be a bad thing.

If only so people would stop feeling free making ton of mysoginistic jokes just because there isn't any woman in the room (and expecting you to laugh), or even when there are. Or the same with homophobic jokes.
It's not so much that homosexual matters are treated with any respect, it's just that they're joked about and spoken of so irreverently that they're a casual fact of life. 

SPC: "I just passed the E-5 board."
SGT: "Damn, how much dick did you suck to make that happen?"
SPC: "You know I'm gay, right?"
SGT: "So you must be really good at it, then"
SPC: "The best".
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:43 pm

I think situations like this (the situation being we are done with a person enough to consider banning them) would be much easier to resolve with a Skype group like the one we talked about around a month ago. 

However I also think the exclusivity of the group plus the much more direct communication might be more detrimental than helpful. 

But, such a group, in conjunction with the forum would not only make situations like this much easier to resolve. (Talking about our stance on banning as a group could take a few minutes depending how many people are there at the time) It would also allow us to continue to use the forum as we currently do (using Skype as more of a conversation medium and keeping more in depth debates to the forum) and any newcomers who come along and aren't complete ass-hats could be able to join, so long as enough people agree that is it a good idea.

That's just an idea though.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:If only so people would stop feeling free making ton of mysoginistic jokes just because there isn't any woman in the room (and expecting you to laugh), or even when there are.

I fully understand that it's different in the work place, before I say this. Completely get it, you shouldn't make those jokes when people are forced to be around you.

But I don't think there is necessarily a problem with those jokes. The other day I was watching a comedy special, I can't remember who it was, I only remember that it was at the laugh factory. Anyway in the special the comedian makes a joke about aborting Jesus. There was a couple in the crowd that I assume were Christian, the couple stood up making as little a scene as possible and left. The comedian I felt crossed the line by heckling them as they left, they showed respect so I think he should have shown it in return. I felt on their part that was an appropriate response, not demanding the comedian cater to them or anything like that.

Again I understand there is a difference between a voluntary activity like going to a comedy club and an involuntary activity like earning a living. One you can choose to be part of or not, the other you're forced to be around those people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:41 pm

iLateralGX wrote:I think situations like this (the situation being we are done with a person enough to consider banning them) would be much easier to resolve with a Skype group like the one we talked about around a month ago. 

However I also think the exclusivity of the group plus the much more direct communication might be more detrimental than helpful. 

But, such a group, in conjunction with the forum would not only make situations like this much easier to resolve. (Talking about our stance on banning as a group could take a few minutes depending how many people are there at the time) It would also allow us to continue to use the forum as we currently do (using Skype as more of a conversation medium and keeping more in depth debates to the forum) and any newcomers who come along and aren't complete ass-hats could be able to join, so long as enough people agree that is it a good idea.

That's just an idea though.
Hm. I don't recall discussion on this Skype group, but I'd be for it.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Not that big of a surprise.

It was mainly me and Harmony throwing positives and negatives back and forth. It lasted maybe an hour, if that.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Now we need something for Christianity to help straighten that clusterbuck of a religion out
1. Jesus was an on-point kinda guy. You should probably listen to him.
2. Also, don't be an asshole.

There. I've solved the 'clusterfuck'. As any actual practitioner or former practitioner of the religion could have.

Once again, try being less ignorant before you speak. People might loathe you less.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:51 pm

It's time... it's time for me to make a foolish purchasing decision...
That GTX 970 is going to be flipping amazing, I can't wait for it to get to me.

*Edit
Also that means I'm going to have a EVGA Geforce 750 TI that's less than two months old to sell. I think 65$ is the right price for it considering I bought it for 130$ only two months ago.

Last edited by Cptadder on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:Now we need something for Christianity to help straighten that clusterbuck of a religion out
1. Jesus was an on-point kinda guy. You should probably listen to him.
2. Also, don't be an asshole.

There. I've solved the 'clusterfuck'. As any actual practitioner or former practitioner of the religion could have.

Once again, try being less ignorant before you speak. People might loathe you less.
Personally I prescribe to Penultimism.

The belief that where you end up is how you behave on the day before you die.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:13 pm

I personally believe that hell is the BMV
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Ah, the joys of being an atheist desperately trying to avoid becoming one of those atheists. My issues with religion are largely philosophical and scientific, while what feels like seventy percent of the atheists on the internet are so because they're special snowflakes that get off on mocking the beliefs of others. I know plenty who are great guys, I just also know a lot of others who want to feel special by being obnoxious pricks.

Of course, you could argue that my disdain for a lot of other internet atheists is because I want to be a special-er snowflake, which is probably true, but still...
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:09 pm

swicked wrote: Christ would turn the other cheek. Muhammed would stand his ground. 
To a point. Remember when Christ drove the money-changers from the temple with a lash, or the numerous wars Israel waged to establish itself as a nation. Harm to the self is to be forgiven and forgotten. Harm against one's loved ones, or one's nation or creed, is to be avenged. Sacrilege, especially--"Vengeance is mine, sayeth the LORD" and all that. It's been a while since I looked in the Qur'an, but I believe the "struggle" refers to the same concept.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:27 pm

swicked wrote:Israel's wars throughout the Old Testament, as well as all of its existence really, aren't part of the New Testament.
Christ's story, as well as that of his apostles, was that of going from place to place, putting up with ridicule, answering questions posed to thwart them, and often fleeing towns entirely when faced by a mob. IIRC, Jesus and every single one of his apostles died, in the end, for their beliefs. Tortured and put to the blade.
There was no struggle beyond the refusal to abandon the Lord.
This is not what Muhammad did if and when his religion, or anything important to him, was challenged.
Once again, look to the example of Christ in the temple. He dealt with the prospect of converting people amicably and sought logical discussions on the matter (as logical as metaphysical conundrums of religion can be) but when faced with the desecration of what he considered sacred, he physically drove the offenders out, crying and bleeding, with a whip he fashioned on the spot.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:33 pm

swicked wrote:
I don't know enough about the Quran to understand how it is addressed in there, just that they use very similar justification which is, again, very odd given they reject the New Testament. It could easily be a coincidence, though. Just odd to think about.
Islam doesn't fully reject the New Testament (They still see Jesus as a prophet, just not as god). The Qur'an just doesn't include the stuff by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. As such, a lot of beliefs do carry over from Christianity.

Last edited by Scienza on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:39 pm

I'm quite aware--he was driving the "impurities" out of the temple, not attempting to punish the wicked. My point remains, though, that he wasn't idle while the Temple (one of the most important symbols for both his teachings and for thousands of Jews) was being desecrated. He, if nothing else, protected his way of life.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:41 pm

From what I understand, they believe that Jesus was a prophet, but that his original gospel has gotten altered by time or for ulterior purposes. I'm not a scholar of theology though, so I wouldn't quote me on this.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:20 pm

On an unrelated note,

TIL Hatoful boyfriend cosplay is a thing:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next