Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+4
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Vinylshadow
Harmony Ltd.
8 posters

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 8 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by O. Hinds Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:27 am

Say, what would the the reception of a Concert making a flight to Friedrichshorfen?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 8 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:40 am

O. Hinds wrote:Say, what would the the reception of a Concert making a flight to Friedrichshorfen?
I suppose this depends greatly on if the Enclave was expecting it as a guest or not.  Spike 

If it just shows up there uninvited, there might not be a fight, but this might seriously piss the Enclave off, even if technically they were to not enter Enclave airspace. The Enclave doesn't like gunboat diplomacy when they are on the receiving end of it. This would only reinforce the faction who wishes to get closer to the NCR.

As a guest, on the other hand... Well, I suppose the answer depends mostly on why the Concert got invited in the first place. There's too many possibilities to even begin, but I suppose it could be a move on the part of Port Maple to try to sway the Enclave closer to the Alliance? "Look at this awesome technology we have! You could have it, too!"

As fr the Remnant Civil War, noted. Nothing to add for now, I guess it's one of these things we'll dive in in more details once PH is over.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:49 am

Oh, yes, I was definitely thinking of it as a guest.  Elusive wouldn't let the Alliance try gunboat diplomacy like that in these circumstances, and if they were going to try it, they'd send more than one ship.
I was thinking that it might be a sort of "See the latest developments in cloudship engineering (except for the classified bits)!" sort of thing.  Maybe Freidrichshorfen wouldn't even be the destination, just a stop on the way to somewhere else.

re the Remnant civil war:
Aye. I'm pretty sure that these thoughts were inspired by this, by the way. Though I'm not sure who in the war would be singing it...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:19 pm

O. Hinds wrote:re the Remnant civil war:
Aye.  I'm pretty sure that these thoughts were inspired by this, by the way.  Though I'm not sure who in the war would be singing it...
Is that the worker's rights version (original), or the Partisan version of the song?

Because the original basically says "we're exploited, enslaved, but one day we'll be free", while the partisan song says "I'll probably die figthing, but I'll die free".

A song about freedom anyway.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:22 pm

The partisan version.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:42 am

On a different note... I'm sorry to bring this up again, but red-on-white Rose eye just still feels wrong to me. It's not an intellectual critique, it's an impression of... wrongness. The red-on-white design looks okay, but I can't seem to accept it as her. Do we really have to use it? I'm sorry, I know you like it.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:40 am

And in other news, I've just finally stopped following MN7.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:01 pm

It's your character, not mine, so of course you can decide whatever the hell you want. Back to the original red on red design, or will it be something else?

As for MN7, what brought this?

Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Ah, thank you!  And yes, the original blood-red-on-lighter-red design feels right to me.  Again, sorry.  Though it looks like I may have misinterpreted how much it was desired that a change to the red-on-white design be made...

I'd been losing interest for a bit now, and something in the latest chapter strongly broke my suspension of disbelief. (I'd type it out in a spoiler but am a bit sleep deprived and on a tightish schedule at the moment, sorry.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:15 pm

*tries not to die inside when I hear red on white doesn't suit Rose Eye*
Then again, we don't need another Blackjack running a slave empire

Red-on-Red just seems overdone to me

Perhaps something like (ergh) Sweetie Drop's coat color?

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 8 Sweetie_Drops_in_Rarity%27s_boutique_S1E20

She seems like she'd be a recolor of one of the flower ponies (at least as something to base a design off of)

Rose, Daisy and Lily
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:*tries not to die inside when I hear red on white doesn't suit Rose Eye*
Then again, we don't need another Blackjack running a slave empire

Red-on-Red just seems overdone to me
Sorry. It looks good and feels right for the character to me.

Vinylshadow wrote:Perhaps something like (ergh) Sweetie Drop's coat color?
You can call her Bon Bon, you know. :)

Vinylshadow wrote:She seems like she'd be a recolor of one of the flower ponies (at least as something to base a design off of)

Rose, Daisy and Lily
Something like Rose's mane/tail color with Lily's coat color (though perhaps a bit darker), maybe. I did like the mane/tail color and style from your previous proposal.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Rose shares her mane style with Lyra and a surprising amount of other ponies...

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 8 B4c200a454

Heh...Cheerilee's coat color
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Less purple and more light red/dark pink, I think.  And, as I said, I do rather like the mane/tail color and style you proposed here.  And green eyes, remember.  I like the eye color from your previous proposal, too.  Really, the only thing I don't like about your previous proposal for Rose Eye is the coat color.  Oh, and I'm not sure if her horn is that pointy, but that's a minor detail and something that could go either way anyway.
...Which leads me to notice that the proposal this is a reply to doesn't even have a horn. Not sure how I missed that before. I was probably focused just on the colors and mane/tail style at first.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Yeah, this was just a quick thing, I didn't remember what type of pony she was

Unfortunately, the pony maker I'm using doesn't have a hexi-decimal color input, so I'm just eyeballing it...

Or I could've used the rgb option from photoshop

Whatever

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 8 C69407316b
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:15 pm

Well, that still doesn't have the mane and tail designs I said I liked, and I'm not sure why you changed the hooves. The coat looks pretty good, but perhaps a bit lighter?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:22 pm

Thank you for doing this, by the way; you don't have to, but it could be nice to have the image.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:38 pm

No, that's just me not paying attention, my apologies

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 8 8be847d8c3[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 8 Acc8d2886a

Or am I going backwards?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:20 pm

I feel there should be more contrast between the mane/tail and coat. But that's just me.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Hm...
What about this?:
v3 ponycode:
SXB05Gug3av/yIT0K0s4kun18370u39UX4Kb2Gf34Vp/C/t//21

As for the clothing, though, I don't think so.  The Banner, I think, probably goes more for desert tans with some red accents where not dangerous.
Though… I suppose Red Rose (Rose Eye before she was Rose Eye, back in Fillydelphia, if you don't remember) might have worn something like that.  The cape probably wouldn't be so ragged and maybe wouldn't have that collar, but yeah.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:19 am

Could be her 'fancy clothing' for get-togethers with other slavers

Hm...from the direction MN7 is going, looks like Protege is going to end up in charge of Fillydelphia

Unless of course Fuzzy decides to have him sacrifice himself to save Murk, which seems far more likely...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Could be her 'fancy clothing' for get-togethers with other slavers
Hm, maybe, though I'd think that most of her interactions with other slavers in Fillydelphia were of a business nature. After Fillydelphia, of course, other slavers are competition that it's okay to just shoot, and other slavers from Fillydelphia are probably traitors who should be shot.

Vinylshadow wrote:Hm...from the direction MN7 is going, looks like Protege is going to end up in charge of Fillydelphia

Unless of course Fuzzy decides to have him sacrifice himself to save Murk, which seems far more likely...
Well, as I said, I've stopped reading MN7, and I was already counting it only as broad strokes anyway. (I'm not planning to throw out what I already had, though.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am

Of course

Most of what you're building is based off of the original Fallout Equestria

Heroes, Starlight, MN7, PH, Pink Eyes, etc have no ruling on what you're making, correct, except maybe for location names?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:29 pm

FoE, PH, and MN7 are all included in broad strokes, and there's still influence from ATR.  I'm not including any other stories at all at the moment.
I'm not really sure where you got the impression that we were only using the non-original stories for location names, though; sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:15 am

ATR?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:44 pm

All That Remains, the story that CamoBadger was writing.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Mm...I'd check it out, but my FoE fic list is backlogged

Still gotta finish...

Heroes
Broken Steel
Starlight
Wasteland Bouquet
Fall of Hope
Guise of Chaos

I'll leave world creation to you, but if you need somepony to whip together a character concept and you're too lazy/unsure to do it yourself, I'd be more than glad to help

That sounded a lot less insulting in my head, sorry
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:04 pm

ATR has been cancelled, anyway.

And yay, someone else reading Wasteland Bouquet!

Thank you for the offer. Nothing in particular comes to mind at the moment, but, if I remember, I might take you up on that at some point in the future.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Cheers!
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:59 pm

...What?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:47 am

You do your thing, I do mine and maybe our paths will cross again

I have a pokemon/mlp fanfic to start on
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next