Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
CD
Retl
kingkodus
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Harmony Ltd.
Dekshuduph
Train Dodger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Luminous Lead
pokeperson1000
Technowolf
Valikdu
Thoroar
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Downloaded Skill
FeatherDust
neoaustin
Loud_Taffy
OneMoreDaySK
MSCA
Evilgidgit
WavemasterRyx
ARoundCorner
Exodus Hero
Silver136
Dutcher
RoboRed
Somber
Borsuq
Derpmind
Shady
Vergil
Rayndalf
Vinylshadow
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Scienza
44 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:31 am

I'm glad you liked it, Icy.  Your analysis is awesome.  These four memories are ones I've had floating in my head for a long time and I'm glad they worked.  I'd planned on working them in sooner, but they never got folded in so it was now or never.  The littlehorn orb is only because Amadi is in the story.  It fit too well with the terrorist attack.  Hinds actually had another version I like, but if we'd gone with that then there wouldn't be any point to the memory. The Pinkie orb could have been tighter.  One thing that he's doing that's a hint is the tuning fork.  Remember how mad Amadi was at Pinkie and Discord meddling?  Yeah.

So there's lots of things going on here.  But over all it seemed like it was okay?

Also, Tenebra is jealous of Psychoshy getting the attention.  She wants that kind of focus on her.  It isn't so much that she's hot for brother as she's feeling cut out.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by ARoundCorner Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:25 am

not sure if I caught everything... but i promised i would only stay up until 2 A.M. reading and then it was 4 A.M. when I finished and omg so much happened.

My post binge residue:

Don't quite understand the snake demon thing, kinda reminded me of the giant mutated meat scorpions in that it felt like action for actions sake. Car to progress story?

Golden blood so self obsessed. How did he masturmind so much while always being so derpy guilt. Anti-climax to the max with hax after portraying him like the mastermind god behind the scenes. You pop all my Goldengod fanta-seas I have, especially after last chapter where he talk all disrespect to Coitenum. and then Blackjack talking about him with the disrespect. He's like, PUNISH ME, and she's like shut up and liste-, and he's like PUNISH ME, and she's like shut UP you self absorbed prick!, then he chill mellow for a bit and drop the horizons bomb.

Tenebra x Blackjack clop plz.

Pinkie orb sending the orgasmo shivers down the spinal. Pinky seems so negative depression here, but in recent chapter of murky numero seven, pinky seems like little pixie god that's like never give up the hope! then here she's like nom nom nom mintals taste great I am crazy. Poor pinkie. May she rest in pepperoni.

Like you Sombrero (not lovve because I don't know you and you don't know me or where I come from)

Salute to the Girls of Stable-tec for making all this possible.
 Sweetie Belle  Scootaloo  Applebloom
ARoundCorner
ARoundCorner
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Aroundcorner
Sex: Yes, PLEASE!
Species: Ponies or Humans, either one is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:17 am

O. Hinds wrote:Sorry, Ryx (and I seem to recall now that you did indeed give me permission to call you that; if I am wrong, I apologize).  Good luck.
Ah, yes it's perfectly fine to call me whatever you'd like, sir, as long as I can tell you're referring to me, heh...

Well it's taking me a little longer than I expected to read, so I'm going to have to finish it tomorrow... but so far I think it's a very solid chapter.

Initial Thoughts 1/2:

Last edited by WavemasterRyx on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:40 am

That footnote was amazing...
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:22 am

Well...67 was...interesting, to say the least

It's a well-known fact that editors always drive the author they're working for insane
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:45 am

No, but they are precious.  I probably couldn't have finished this without Hinds, and without Bro and Swicked many of my phrases and ideas would fall flat.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:01 pm

And to think, only....what, five, six more chapters?

Have fun wrapping everything up neatly

....cue "Fallout Equestria: Event Horizon" as a 'sequel' to Project Horizons because it cannot be contained in five volumes
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Chapter 67:
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Ryx wrote:Ah, yes it's perfectly fine to call me whatever you'd like, sir, as long as I can tell you're referring to me, heh...
Thanks. :)
I try to avoid calling people by anything other than their displayed screen names, even if I've seen other people using nicknames, unless I have permission; I wouldn't want to refer to someone by a wrong name.

Somber wrote:No, but they are precious. I probably couldn't have finished this without Hinds, and without Bro and Swicked many of my phrases and ideas would fall flat.
…My natural instinct is to deflect such praise, but I suspect that we (the team) then might then be at the game of "Nono, I'm the one who deserves the least credit" for a while (we seem to do that relatively often). So thanks. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:56 pm

I'll take whatever praise you don't want

Because my ego is flatter than a piece of paper

Chapter 67:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Spoiler:
Technowolf
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoroar Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Technowolf wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Thoroar
Foal

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:24 pm

12 counts

Watch out, ponies, we got a BAMF over here!
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm probably wrong on this, since I usually am about most things... but...

Was the Pinkie scene in chapter 67 in any way related to the memory orb of an overdosed Pinkie Pie meeting with Rainbow Dash?
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:30 pm

yes

She essentially saw three possibilities: Luna wins and effectively becomes a tyrant, Caesar wins and wipes out equestria, or bombs fall and everyone loses.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Worked wonders for the Wehrmacht Germany.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:01 pm

Wait.

The Maurauders were blessed/"cursed" by a Zebreccian "fortune teller". Starkattari can do "curses" which aren't actually curses. Amadi is starkattari.

Holy shit.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:17 pm

I of course have drastically different views of the situation, driven mostly by my headcanon for the zebras being so different (I've realized that the difference is even kind of embodied in the names, "Zebra Empire" vs. "Pax Roamana".). Wiping Equestria out seems a bit extreme even for my understanding of the Zebra Empire, but I am aware that my understanding is incomplete.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:07 pm

swicked wrote:IIRC, while the zebra were no stranger to fighting (monsters), both sides were new to war.
Hm, possibly.
Somber wrote:“Please, listen to me!” Apparently this broke so many rules of protocol that everyone did. “The zebras have a word for this. It’s not a fight. It’s not a battle. It’s war. They use it when their entire country faces terrible threats. Flights of dragons. Swarms of manticores. They’ve done wars before, where every zebra is drawn into the fight. And they are terrible things. Please, don’t resort to war to try and solve this problem when there are other means.”

swicked wrote:I would not expect genocide, but neither would I expect any unconditional surrender to be all that humaine. They didn't want each other's lands and no longer needed each other's resources. After so much death I doubt either would be anything but sick of it. Thus, the losing side would likely mostly just be made to pay for the damages to the winning side, I would figure, as that sounds the most logical when you decide to ignore the fact that the losing side tends to end up much more worse off than the winning side and therefore could not realistically support both theirs and another's attempted restoration to former glory.
With a Pax Roamana victory, at least, I'd expect something more like the Wirtschaftswunder. There's sort of precedent, too, in the treatment of the Northerners after their old capital (the one above the EoS) was destroyed and the Equestrian Peninsula abandoned; the Caesar spoke on behalf of the survivors, even after what their nation had done, and, as a result, the Northerners were known for being particularly loyal to Roam. Of course, there would be the problem that the PR would have its own reconstruction to do after the war, but there'd be a variety of ways of handling that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Somber wrote:I'm glad you liked it, Icy.  Your analysis is awesome.  These four memories are ones I've had floating in my head for a long time and I'm glad they worked.  I'd planned on working them in sooner, but they never got folded in so it was now or never.  The littlehorn orb is only because Amadi is in the story.  It fit too well with the terrorist attack.  Hinds actually had another version I like, but if we'd gone with that then there wouldn't be any point to the memory. The Pinkie orb could have been tighter.  One thing that he's doing that's a hint is the tuning fork.  Remember how mad Amadi was at Pinkie and Discord meddling?  Yeah.

So there's lots of things going on here.  But over all it seemed like it was okay?

Also, Tenebra is jealous of Psychoshy getting the attention.  She wants that kind of focus on her.  It isn't so much that she's hot for brother as she's feeling cut out.

Spoiler:

Regarding what you said over at EqD, I wouldn't be surprised if you finish before Murky Number Seven. Don't discount the power of publishing consistently and frequently. Granted, given that there is the countervailing force that you tend to take roughly three times the number of chapters to get through an arc as you originally estimate (it's okay, I don't mind  Santa —but I certainly understand that you're ready to be done with this project), maybe not. On that note, conspiracy theory time: Equestria Daily never posted the chapter 66 update so that the chapter number would line up with the update number again, counteracting the two-part chapter 62!
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:29 am

*hugs Somber very gently*  Thank you for all the hard work you put into this story, sir.  I really do hope you'll be able to find some kind of work to help keep you going... and if it does happen, I hope you're able to go to Bronycon and enjoy yourself as much as you can.

And thank you Hinds, Bronode, swicked and Heartshine for everything you do to help (even the things in the footnotes, oh dear...)

I think it definitely ended up being a good chapter.

Initial thoughts 2/2:

As always, I shall try to get my full commentary done as soon as I can...  Please try to take care, Somber, sir.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:22 pm

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Title-459889611

Fucking epic rampage
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:32 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Mlfw3155_medium

Interesting Rampage though

Very....spiky
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Can anyone please explain what does the Star Soul bound to Tom means?
Thanks  Twilight Sparkle 
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 9

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:31 pm

It actually took me a while to connect "Tom" to Rarity's "rock-she-thought-was-a-diamond-because-of-Discord"

Would also be hilarious if "Bloomberg" was mentioned

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Tom_and_bloomberg_by_markthecat-d4av5n2
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:03 pm

Dutcher wrote:Can anyone please explain what does the Star Soul bound to Tom means?
Thanks  Twilight Sparkle 

The only thing I can come up with is GB managed somehow to pull a soul from a star just like he said. Pretty sure PH's afterlife is generally when you die you become a star or your soul does (Which technically doesn't that make what Celestia does necromancy? Luna too I suppose.) assuming you don't die too close to a silver ring. If BJ's experience was accurate. So, yeah it probably means just what GB said.

He was aware of the Blackbook? I think. Someone else will have to confirm that if they can.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Last wrote:
24 hour courtesy spoiler:

I think I overlooked this bit. Where is it again?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:18 pm

It's one of the execution options the computer suggests. Bj could have chosen to kill GB slowly with a venereal disease.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:02 pm

...Welp, there it is.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:07 am

Oh boy, next chapter! Will BJ get out of the shadow world, or will Cogjack get to run free unimpeded for another chapter? Probably the latter, but that's drama, folks!

Chapter 67 Commentary:

Editing:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next