Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
brony all alone
iLateralGX
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
StoneSlinger88
Cptadder
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ironmonger
Valikdu
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Frost
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
RoboRed
OneMoreDaySK
22 posters

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:43 pm

My weapon is a baton combined with dual-wielded SMGs. Fun times!

I am made of "cries, Classical, and depression. With a dash of T-REX." Well, sometimes. :P

EDIT: Also, I am apparently 100% waifu material. This is not an interesting one, but I felt like sharing.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Heh. Mine apparently makes me a villainous Ruby. Got her weapon, a bit of PPG, anime girl apparently, and I apparently own the world.

Hey Derp!:
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:29 pm

http://io9.com/heres-nasas-new-design-for-a-warp-drive-ship-1588948192
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:34 pm

RoboRed wrote:http://io9.com/heres-nasas-new-design-for-a-warp-drive-ship-1588948192

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 7rf5z

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:44 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:http://io9.com/heres-nasas-new-design-for-a-warp-drive-ship-1588948192

*snip

We have a Captain James Kirk in the US Navy, he's in charge of the USS Zumwalt. The next USS Enterprise is not due to be commissioned until 2028 by which time Admiral Kirk may be to old to captain her but might put us directly in line for his Grandson James T Kirk to take on the USS Fleet Ship Enterprise.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:45 pm

Ironlulz:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:41 am

Reading a fic and other readers are apparently now aware that the 1st person protagonist could very well be a *gasp* girl. Those pointing this out point to evidence like the protagonist giggling as opposed to chuckling, with the former being connotated as feminine. Also pointed out is a discussion in a chapter with poni about biological clocks that didn't turn awkward. Bit more proof in comments, just too lazy to go and get all of it.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:51 pm

The Steam summer sale starts in 9 days... NINE DAYS.
Niinneeee days the 19th to 30th
My wallet is not ready
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:04 pm

So apparently there is some kind of situation happening in Iraq right now.

I'm fuzy on the details, but basically an Al-Qaeda affiliated armed group has succesfully captured more than 1.5 million people worth of urban centre (among which the second largest in the country) and managed to seize large amount of weaponry from the Iraqi armed forces (apparently retreating from the onslaught in disorganized fashion), among which fighter jets and armored vehicle.

The organization acronym in english is apparently ISIS.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Link, please. My phone doesn't have flash and so can't read the video as is.

Edit: have to use the quote function inorder to be able to get the video id...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Tytan wrote:
*murmuring something about the future being very soon*
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:27 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Tytan wrote:
*murmuring something about the future being very soon*
And the best part is we did ask for this.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Lulz:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:02 pm

"That joke was bad and you should feel bad."
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:09 pm

suddenly, cyberdemon

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:54 pm

@Iraq Situation
BBC yesterday said they'd taken over Mosul, which is the second city of Iraq (whatever that means - like, the capital city's little brother, maybe).

@Steam Summer Sale
Sale of trading cards and CSGO weaponry has earned me something like $2.40. The fact that this may be able to net me a decent game is still awe-inspiring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:08 pm

I don't quite get the steam sales too much. I understand people like the amazing deals and all, but if you're waiting for a game to be discounted that low did you really want it to begin with?

Spending two dollars on a game you didn't want sounds like a sucker's deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:44 pm

Last wrote:I don't quite get the steam sales too much. I understand people like the amazing deals and all, but if you're waiting for a game to be discounted that low did you really want it to begin with?

Here's the thing Last the Steam sales can be dived into three areas
1. Sale... sales... where things are on sale and it's a deal to buy a 20$ game for 2$ hey I might play it and if I spend 20$ on 10 games some of them might be worth it
2. Fake sales where it's a 59.99$ game on sale for 50.99$
3. STEAM SALES praise Gaben when 150$ worth of games are priced at 10$
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Last wrote:I don't quite get the steam sales too much. I understand people like the amazing deals and all, but if you're waiting for a game to be discounted that low did you really want it to begin with?

Here's the thing Last the Steam sales can be dived into three areas
1. Sale... sales... where things are on sale and it's a deal to buy a 20$ game for 2$ hey I might play it and if I spend 20$ on 10 games some of them might be worth it
2. Fake sales where it's a 59.99$ game on sale for 50.99$
3. STEAM SALES praise Gaben when 150$ worth of games are priced at 10$
Another good reason is for stuff like DLC - I own Skyrim, played the hell out of it, and all that jazz, but never bough the DLC because the GotY edition is always cheaper. A big ol' steam sale can even out prices, or make it worth it to spend money on the GotY edition even though you already have the base game.

For my part, there are always games that I think look good, that I'd like to buy, but I don't have the funds or am not certain they'd run reasonably well on my computer. It's like waiting 'til a film comes out on Netflix or TV instead of watching it in theatres.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:29 pm

But the netflix comparison kinda falls apart when you take into account you didn't get it for that one movie you were iffy about seeing in theaters because you weren't sure if you were all that interested.

And why does a discount matter if you're unsure your PC could run it? I understand that 2$ is a smaller risk than 15$, but why would you be wiling to spend 2$ to add a name to your steam library? If it doesn't work that's all you did.

Isn't there websites that can give you that information for free without any financial risk?

Largely I was arguing that I don't understand the difference between 10$ and 2$ (No smart asses please. I know there's an eight dollar difference between those two values.) let me explain.

60$ is a good deal of money not everyone can afford that. So is 20$ dollars for a DLC, but if I'm understanding steam sales correctly they mostly contain games that are discounted previously discounted further. Why would you be willing to buy a game at 2$ and not at 10$? Eight dollars isn't going to break your bank.

If it wasn't worth it at 10$ then I'd tend to say the game isn't for you. You don't want it. And that's cool. But again (God I'm repeating myself too much.) I don't get why you'd want it at 2$ it's still the same game you refused to pay for at 10$ right?

I don't know. Steam seems like the winner there, they marked an undesirable product so low someone desired it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:38 pm

Last wrote:But the netflix comparison kinda falls apart when you take into account you didn't get it for that one movie you were iffy about seeing in theaters because you weren't sure if you were all that interested.

And why does a discount matter if you're unsure your PC could run it? I understand that 2$ is a smaller risk than 15$, but why would you be wiling to spend 2$ to add a name to your steam library? If it doesn't work that's all you did.

Isn't there websites that can give you that information for free without any financial risk?

Largely I was arguing that I don't understand the difference between 10$ and 2$ (No smart asses please. I know there's an eight dollar difference between those two values.) let me explain.

60$ is a good deal of money not everyone can afford that. So is 20$ dollars for a DLC, but if I'm understanding steam sales correctly they mostly contain games that are discounted previously discounted further. Why would you be willing to buy a game at 2$ and not at 10$? Eight dollars isn't going to break your bank.

If it wasn't worth it at 10$ then I'd tend to say the game isn't for you. You don't want it. And that's cool. But again (God I'm repeating myself too much.) I don't get why you'd want it at 2$ it's still the same game you refused to pay for at 10$ right?

I don't know. Steam seems like the winner there, they marked an undesirable product so low someone desired it.
Regarding "dunno if I can run this," it becomes worthwhile because if I can't run it, then I can run it in the future when I upgrade (this is not a factor for multiplayer games, of course, since they tend to die off 1-2 years after release), but if I CAN run it, I get to run Borderlands 2 (yay!). And the third-party websites and suchlike don't really help much because I've got an integrated graphics card, so theoretically nothing can run on my computer at all. Plus, I'm savvy enough to tweak games' config files and whatnot (with a bit of help from the internet) so that things like Far Cry 3 can run on my POS laptop computer. I've lost out once before (sort of - played it on my dad's god-machine, instead of my laptop), but once I get a better computer, titles that used to be unrunnable will be otherwise.

As for discounts, it's usually not so much a crappy $10 game going to $2 as it is a $40 going to $10. Indie titles sometimes go from $20/$15 to $2, though, which can make them worth a pick-up if you were uncertain about them initially - stuff like Rogue Legacy, or Teleglitch (though I think I got both of those from a Humble Bundle or something). So, yeah, Steam wins, in that you're buying stuff you'd not have necessarily bought before at default price, but you win, too, in that you're getting very good value for games that, if you're doing your research well, are generally quite good. When it comes to DLC, furthermore, $8 discounts stack up. All of Skyrim's DLC is something like $40. Waiting for a discount on additional content for a game you haven't even explored all of yet makes sense (tbh mostly I just want it so I can have more mod compatibility, crossbows, and Solstheim [because that was my favorite place in Morrowind]).

The other aspect is that the sales highlight games you wouldn't have even paid attention to initially. Underhyped indie titles often suffer from this, but get a boost in attention during big sales like this because more people start buying them on a whim, and then hype gets started if the game turns out to be good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:43 pm

On a more upbeat note, DOWANT!:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:49 pm

I wonder if scrunch face was intended.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:06 am

Dear creator of blighttown,

Lemme reciprocate the fuck you that is this level.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:25 am

Scienzabait:
http://flamevulture17.deviantart.com/art/Cloud-Fall-460003325

Swickedbait:
http://fimlie.deviantart.com/art/The-Day-460126167
http://rad-dubkitteh.deviantart.com/art/Wake-Me-Up-460076033
http://0clairebear0.deviantart.com/art/la-vie-en-rose-460077650
http://dreatos.deviantart.com/art/Bring-forth-the-day-236556614?q=favby%3AJacobellinger%2F50014554&qo=24
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Valcron/Bringforththesun.png
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:17 am

World Cup begins. Help.
Not buying cable just for this. Free would be nice. Ideas?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Sitting at work, doing some backups and playing SWKotOR.
Feels weird to kill Katarns on Kashyyyk.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Internet tv
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:31 pm

@Katarn
SWKotOR at work. You lucky duck.

@Swicked
Really? For the most part if the first person MC doesn't describe anything exeedingly feminine or masculine, readers default to male. Doesn't really matter, just wanted to point it out. And you don't giggle from what I've heard; Iron giggles.

@Harmony
Guess that'll work. Heard Univision has free spanish broadcasting for most of the games. Mum'll be pleased.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next