Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Frost
Ketchup
Aonee
Loud_Taffy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Valikdu
Stringtheory
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
StoneSlinger88
Katarn
25 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:29 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
Pothole:
Sluts, amirite?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:36 pm

I'm starting to see why people think I'm either on drugs, or off my meds.

>Eating KFC by the open kitchen window.
>Cats gathering around outside as they smell the food.
>I take notice and stand up.

"You want this? Come take it from me!"

>I sit back down and continue like nothing's wrong.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:10 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 OAkwqcF
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Guardbait:
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:30 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 10157292_749586118405679_5953625625694128667_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:21 pm

I was having a disussion with a friend the other day. He brought up the term troll for some reason or another and claimed the meaning had changed.

When asked to explain he stated that people now used it to mean: Someone with a different or opposing opinion.

I argued that that wasn't actually the case.

Literally was recently changed in at least one dictionary so that it now could be used for emphasis and that is what the majority of his argument leaned on.

My argument was while people did use it incorrectly often, they never used it incorrectly intentionally like many had with literally.

Most of the time I've seen it used incorrectly it often seems to be by people that are being overly sensitive to the argument and do actually seem to believe that the other person is presenting the opposing opinion with the sole purpose of upsetting them.

Which would be the correct use of the term from their perspective.

As the discussion continued we seemed deadlocked. So I'm curious what you guys think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:37 pm

Last wrote:I was having a disussion with a friend the other day. He brought up the term troll for some reason or another and claimed the meaning had changed.

When asked to explain he stated that people now used it to mean: Someone with a different or opposing opinion.

I argued that that wasn't actually the case.

Literally was recently changed in at least one dictionary so that it now could be used for emphasis and that is what the majority of his argument leaned on.

My argument was while people did use it incorrectly often, they never used it incorrectly intentionally like many had with literally.

Most of the time I've seen it used incorrectly it often seems to be by people that are being overly sensitive to the argument and do actually seem to believe that the other person is presenting the opposing opinion with the sole purpose of upsetting them.

Which would be the correct use of the term from their perspective.

As the discussion continued we seemed deadlocked. So I'm curious what you guys think.

The way I see it, troll is rapidly becoming the "Mary Sue" of people terms in that it's kind of morphed into a catch-all term for people you dislike. Part of the problem stems from the fact that it's really hard to gauge intent from just text, so the phrase ended up getting applied to both people who say blatantly outrageous statements for their own amusement and people who legitimately believe the outrageous (or at least, what you see as outrageous) statements they say. Then YouTube took hold of it and it just started getting applied by content producers to all people who didn't like those content producers.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:05 pm

I forgot the youtube comments... I haven't checked any of them in a very long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:49 pm

@Last
I think your friend was trolling you. Spike

EDIT: Derp, forgot about wanting to post this. Got to play an NPC in SO's LARP today. I was a space criminal named Otis. I did not have lines, but I got to dress up funny, shoot grenades at players who thought that they were being clever by waving their hands from behind cover to get us to use up ammo on bad shots (they shouted "Ole!" and then we exploded them. Our grenade launcher NPC shouted back, "Mess with the bull, and you get the horns."), and I got my brain melted by a sonic cannon (but came back in the second wave of reinforcements as Otis III). Was a good time, even though we didn't get any player kills because they had plot armor and suchlike. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:45 pm

Attack on Titan is coming to Toonami in May. Granted anybody who was gonna watch it probably has already, but short of buying DVDs and the manga, watching it on TV is probably the best way to support it.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:56 pm

Or you could watch it on netflix and help influence them to give whoever holds the copyright more money to renew their digital distribution license.

Though, suppporting those guys is hardly necessary. Given it's popularity I find it hard to believe they didn't secure enough money for at least one more season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:33 am

Haha, oh man an insane hailstorm/lightning storm just erupted at random outside. It's crazy!

Bolts every 4 seconds, about. Really majestic and suchlike. Passed overhead very fast, already quite a ways out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:39 am

lulzgif:
[insert caption]

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:53 am

Link's not working.

ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:59 am

link fixed
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:03 am

"Is...is my brain being sucked out of my ear? Help..."
"Ssshhhhhh..."
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:30 am

@Harmony

I love how the cat's eyes seem to get progressively wider. "Bird, really? Really?! This shit again?!"

@Ironlulz

Hue.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:33 am

crossing Easter and 4/20:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Site is lagging for me again, just like for Guard.
And js failed to function. Does for anyone else site is glitching a bit?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:03 pm

Mines' still glitching as well. Can't even access my PM's...

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:06 pm

This site has been bugging, glitching and lagging on my phone for months, now.

I've come to accept it as just Forumotion sucking donkey balls (no insult meant to donkeys).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:08 pm

No, it's not actually forumotion, it's illiweb.com. I belie it hosts js for forumotion or at very least for this forum.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Btw, I've re-checked that site. it's French and have something about Apache, which is web-engine, IIRC. Sadly there is no English version for me to read.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Can you send me the relevant link?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:15 pm

https://illiweb.com/ this is the site that keep delaying load of page, and from looks of it, somehow responsible for js on this forum.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Huh. Right now it works fine, though few hours back it didn't. And js (aka smiles and whole panel+spoilers) didn't worked.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:24 pm

It's just links to the French and English manuals of Apache, the English manual of MySQL and the French manual of PHP.

But a quick google search seems to indicate that performances problems related to Illiweb are a recurring issues for the forums hosted by Forumotion.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:32 pm

So...

Friendship is Witchcraft: Horse Women will be up on 19th.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Equestria Girls?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Yeah, here's the trailer.

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next