Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Frost
Ketchup
Aonee
Loud_Taffy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Valikdu
Stringtheory
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
StoneSlinger88
Katarn
25 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:32 pm

Hotlink. Can you re-upload pic?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:37 pm

swicked wrote:
Katarn wrote:
wat:

Is she summoning Satan with MLP figures? o.O
...so, if the star had six points, it'd just be a harmony beam. I expect she just didn't remember or know how to do a six pointed star.
Be Jewish?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:51 pm

Katarn wrote:Hotlink. Can you re-upload pic?
https://i.imgur.com/n6hFYMn.jpg
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
swickedbait:
Are her mane and tail made of toothpaste?

Kinda reminds me of Princess Bubblegum's hair.

@Super Smash bros

Why Greninja?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:07 pm

@Harmony

Slimepony?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Katarn wrote:@Harmony

Slimepony?
Slimepony.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:53 pm

@SK
The topic is to write a vignette-length personal essay about a certain state in which I've lived for four years, off and on, constantly occupied with things other than experiencing said state. And I'm on the border of the state, too - five minutes' walk takes me into a different one. Hardly the heartland. Essentially, the difficulty is that I don't actually know this place that I'm supposed to write some profundity about. There are stories I could tell that take place there, but none of them are even close to about it. Moreover most of those stories are not uniquely my stories to tell, and are still too recent. The program we're writing for is meant to be for residents of the state, born and raised and living there still; I'm just passing through. (Not to mention that there's a qualifier that I can't swear or talk about sensitive topics, so that puts a looot of stories out of the running)

@swicked
It's a mite complicated - essentially it boils down to writing things you believe, not bullshitting to make things palatable or simpler. The honest bit's not about the events actually happening, but more that it's written in good faith. Like, you don't write a story about vampire romance if you give negative shits about vampire romance, and you don't write stories with themes you don't think have truth in them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:55 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Katarn wrote:@Harmony

Slimepony?
Slimepony.
Xenos!

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 Tumblr_ma0cr3vsot1r29vato1_500

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Re: Greninja
Dunno why specifically, but (s)he/it's there to represent the newer generation Pokemon.

@OAC
Huh, what a wierd prompt. What class is this for? One suggestion is instead of 'personally' writing the essay, create a character who does actually <strike>gives two s</strike> cares about the state and the events. *shrugs* still think that that's a weird thing to write about.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:00 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 Tumblr_n3vpalyKRn1rsstxgo1_400

Will good ol' Babs make a return as my Av'?

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:03 pm

lulzgif
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:24 pm

40k 100 commandments:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:57 pm

@swicked
True enough, but at least for me, the basic idea of "don't try to bullshit yourself while you're writing" applies for me. It leaves a foul taste in my mouth, and if I'm not allowed to be really snarky periodically throughout (for instance, analyzing seventeenth century misogynist poetry for five pages or so for a feminist professor? I am allowed to be very snarky, and indeed rewarded for it), it also takes me forever because I don't get in a productive mental state.

@SK
It's an experimental writing class. The prompt is for a radio essay, which I can do normally (I'm not half bad at reading out loud) but the topic of the program we'd be broadcasting from (like, actually we might broadcast these) is what's being troublesome for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:23 pm

swicked wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Stephen King says writing must be honest. What I'm writing is not honest, but the honest response to my current assignment would be, "I don't give a damn about any of this, and can't reasonably be expected to give a damn." Argh.
But he writes fiction. I don't understand.

A work of fiction, a work of art, are lies. In order to fool the reader/viewer into believing that it's the truth, you first have to fool yourself.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:31 pm

swickedbait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:42 pm

It was more or less a paraphrase from an art professor, so take it with a grain of salt.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:45 am

Spoiler:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:13 am

lulz:
ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:45 am

I've released the next version of my Dwarf Fortress mod. Yay me.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:06 am

Remember that pic with girl and pentagram I've posted earlier? Someone edited it.
Spoiler:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Anyone else having issues with the site loading, it's taking like five minutes to load any page on this site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:33 pm

Nope, everything is okay on my side. Maybe it's your ISP and/or your PC?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Any idea's on how to fix it? Because every other site I go to works just fine. It's just this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:38 pm

If it's your ISP - wait till it works again normally. Since it's only this site (and maybe other of forumotion sites) it might be problem with your ISP connection with their servers. I had this problem around half-year ago. While from work everything worked nice, from home it didn't (and sometimes vice versa) so..solution is just wait.
Or.
Try using other browser and try (if you are able) use computer or other device to connect to site through other ISP.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:43 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:Any idea's on how to fix it? Because every other site I go to works just fine. It's just this one.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 XsxoPkS
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Yeah, that didn't work, Harmony. It just this site. I guess I just wait then.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Guarddogjr wrote:Any idea's on how to fix it? Because every other site I go to works just fine. It's just this one.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 XsxoPkS
I think I laughed a little too hard at this.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:58 pm

...wait, they cancelled East vs West?

Fuck.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:15 pm

Pothole:
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next