Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Frost
Ketchup
Aonee
Loud_Taffy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Valikdu
Stringtheory
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
StoneSlinger88
Katarn
25 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:26 pm

swickedbait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:33 pm

I've been told by a couple of people that I sometimes sound like Bill Clinton. As soon as I figured out how to knowingly make myself sound like him, I quickly turned into Redneck Clinton, followed by Goofy Clinton, and lastly Ultra Mega Redneck.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:43 pm

RoboRed wrote:
relevant to asylum readers:
I do rather wonder when the next chapter is coming out.  It sometimes seems like the fics I'm most fond of take the longest to update, though that may be just a matter of perception.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:02 pm

This is why you favorite many fics, so at least one of them updates and you're happy. I ran out of things to read again. Looking for Human fics that don't do stupid things.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:19 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:This is why you favorite many fics, so at least one of them updates and you're happy. I ran out of things to read again. Looking for Human fics that don't do stupid things.

Have you read Anthropology?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:37 pm

*glee*:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:25 am

ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:33 am

Now for a good RP horror story.

Not that it's a creepy pasta or anything like that, just a look into how one shouldn't act during a game.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:47 am

Read Anthropology already.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:29 am

My Thoughts on Rarity in PH:
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:41 am

ironlulz:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:09 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
ironlulz:

That...that's so incredibly wrong, that it's incredibly brilliant.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:26 am

Probably ironlulz:

I know there're some real negative opinions about ME3, but seeing this makes me feel... melancholy.:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:37 am

So, how are you all? Is it cold where you live? Weather is strange. Yesterday it was ~+1C, today it's ~+15C. Spring...

Scytobait:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:46 am

Tytan wrote:
I know there're some real negative opinions about ME3, but seeing this makes me feel... melancholy.:

Very nice. Personally, I always thought the anger-hype over ME3 was kind of really ridiculous.

Last edited by Scienza on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:54 am

Tytan wrote:
Probably ironlulz:

Hue.

@Katarn

It's just cold enough to catch pneumonia from leaving a window open, but warm enough to necessitate the occasional (and noisy) use of the air-conditioner. Oh, and lots of power outages and windstorms. That's Ohio, everyone.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:16 am

Seems like nice place to live.

Side note.
After looking through movies/trailers with Jason Statham in it you can summarize ALL movies he was in as 'badass ex-%enter military organization% who saves someone'. I wonder if there is comedy with him or something, where he isn't badass.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:59 am

Oh you know, today is a high in the low 70s, so about 21 Celsius, and lows in the mid to high 40s so about 7C unless my math is off. It always seems like my math is off when I do conversions.

Anyways, my "favorite" time of year is from mid-May till nearly September where, barring really cloudy and windy weather when it's in the high 60s, let's say 68F for a nice even 20C, in the morning before sunrise and it climbs up to the high 90s, I'll be nice and say only 96F so it'll be 35.56C by the afternoon. Add in humidity for extra fun.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:06 am

Oh wow. I know how it feels, when it's hot and humid in same time. You just can't run away from all the heat.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:15 am

No, but one gets use to it. At least one would normally. There's a joke here of "If you don't like the weather, just wait a week" cause something will change.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 am

swicked wrote:"Lotsa stuff about Trixie"
Honestly, gotta say I agree with most of it. Can't say all as I haven't read the Lunaverse.
Spoiler:

@EP: On a side note, just noticed my new pokemans team I just decided to EV train will prolly not eve work. Yay.
On another side note; I was not allowed to create my monstrosity in the tabletop game xD I don't see why they'd have something against something invulnerable to everything but dark attacks xP ... that and fighting if they have scrappy.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:29 am

Re: Weather
Got pretty much the same weather as Moody.

Re: Rarity
Methinks the black book drove her to insanity. But let's look at what the others were doing (Please correct me if I'm wrong/missing stuff):

Twilight
(FOE) contributed to MEW and was behind the Alicorn potion.
(PH) Used flux even after seeing the source and was ok with Discord being tortured.

Fluttershy
(FOE) Was responsible for megaspells, which got leaked to Zebras
(PH) Was brainwashing ponies to 'fix' them

AJ
(FOE) Was responsible for tech and firearms industries, leading to Steel Rangers
(PH) Not sure anything additional to this

Pinkie Pie
(FOE) Kept an eye on everything, responsible for interrogations
(PH) Can't recall, except expanded on tragic backstory

RD
(FOE) Hay if I know. MiniAwesome and rumored Spec Ops
(PH) Spec Ops confirmed, with Mare-Do-Well current job

So for Rarity, she was responsible for information being spread, the spy network to a degree, and was dabbling in dark arts. I would still put her around Fluttershy levels of horror, because while we see direct effects of soulbinding, we don't have too much to go on for the 'fixed' folks. Is it just as bad? Dunno. Always imagined a character post FOE to get assigned by some greater being to go and fix the mess made by the black book. Fallout Equestria: Soulbound. Sounds like an interesting title.

Re: Trixie
Doesn't get too much to do on screen to show her true talents. First time was more of a "Anything you can do, I can do better" and a mockfest. Second time we see her, it's a repeat of the prior phrase, but backed with overwhelming power and the need to go conquer the town. Aside from that, the rest of what we 'know' about her comes from fanon. Taking a break from Lunaverse at the moment. She's brilliant at times, but her attitude still makes me dislike her to a degree of needing a break.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:48 am

Hypothetically, who here would be interested in taking part in a "space-empire" role-playing game?

It wouldn't necessarily be pony-based, but the rules would be lax enough that one could play a pony-civ if they so desired. It would only be a matter of justifying it (or not!) in an entertaining and enjoyable way for everyone.

Also, not much hard "rules" on how the universe work, so the hardest tech can be right next to literal magic without apparent contradiction. It'd be just a metter of avoiding power-gaming and other shitty behaviors.

So basically, maximum creativity, maximum dynamism, maximum enjoyment.

Any volunteers?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:01 pm

@Harmony
As long as it doesn't interfere with the current RP I'm in, sure.

@Swicked
She was pressured, yes, but like Echo said, at any point she could've said, "No. This is wrong. Stop this or I quit" Well, I guess she couldn't stop for the 'sake of the ponies' or something like that.

AJ tried near the end to reign her ministry in, but too little too late applies when they attempted to assassinate her.

On Fluttershy, I see your point. Having her pregnant in addition to all the similar stress as the others is definitely to paint her in a more tragic light.

Yeah, I don't think we're going anywhere with Rarity, but on the Black Book itself we have no real idea how it works, nor the capabilities.

Biggest problem was putting these girls in charge of ministries in the first place. They're heroes, not leaders. They can be counted on to handle threats like Nightmare Moon, but they don't have the skillset to manage so many ponies at once. Twilight would be the closest to that with her canon organization skills, but the need for perfection drove her to the Alicorn project.
Actually, it reminds me of how badly President Grant's rule was. Good general, bad leader.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Hypothetically, who here would be interested in taking part in a "space-empire" role-playing game?

It wouldn't necessarily be pony-based, but the rules would be lax enough that one could play a pony-civ if they so desired. It would only be a matter of justifying it (or not!) in an entertaining and enjoyable way for everyone.

Also, not much hard "rules" on how the universe work, so the hardest tech can be right next to literal magic without apparent contradiction. It'd be just a metter of avoiding power-gaming and other shitty behaviors.

Any volunteers?

I might be interested, but I'll need to know more about this setup you're using. Is this like that "Nation States" RP I see cropping up every once in a while on the net, or are there actually characters that we'll control?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:17 pm

Huh, cant' remember, did 'Tia go into complete isolation after she retired? Oh right, Goldie here wouldn't give Twilight the time of day to actually see her. It's too bad this happened before Discord had a chance at reformation, otherwise the tone would've been different. Instead, he's still treated as the mad god of chaos.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Hypothetically, who here would be interested in taking part in a "space-empire" role-playing game?

Any volunteers?

I volunteer as tribute!
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:34 pm

swicked wrote:Somber, if anything, made Fluttershy out to be even MORE innocent by making her in love and pregnant.

And Rarity was "dabbling" in dark arts my butt. I've said my piece on that, though.
Rarity's painted as being just shy of a complete monster, caring nothing about anyone other than her friends.
That soul jar room should be evidence-enough. Again, some of those weren't felons convicted to the death sentence (as if that would justify anything). Some were simply volunteers.
...and she fell pretty quickly if you're really just going to say the black book was responsible for the whole thing.

Yeah, but Rarity's not being painted as a complete monster because she was bored after finishing a stamp collection and was looking for a laugh. She had her head in the right place at the start of the war and in the beginning, but the Black Book took her down dark paths. The idea of indestructible armor lead to research, which lead to feasibility studies, which gave results, which lead to obsession. Combine that with a canon dislike for "ruffians" and I think it makes sense for Rarity to go from volunteers to criminals in her now twisted mind.

Rarity would have never considered the experiments if the Black Book just said "hey horribly murder these guys and you'll save your friends". It showed her just enough to get her reading the book and then the book played her like a fiddle once it got it's claws into her. I'd compare it to the Nightmare forces from the second comic book arc. It takes advantage of insecurities and worries to get a hold of you. While I wish there was more of a moral struggle if artifact A gradually causes an effect on the person who holds it it should affect all characters equally unless there is an in-story justification, which there isn't in this case.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:42 pm

@Swicked
Once again, it shows that they should not have been put in charge, however famous they are. Kinda like how I tried to read this one Ace Combat Crossover fic, but had to stop immediately when the Mane cast were given roles that surpassed my suspension of disbelief.

Wait, why are we discussing this here? I thought it'd fit in the Discussion thread.

*shrugs*

Off that topic, I'm in a bit of a pickle. One of my self-imposed rules is that if I start a series, I finish it before going on to another one. However, the one I'm on is Wheel of Time, at which point I've lost all interest in the characters except Matt. The author definitely establishes a dichotomy of gender roles and attitudes, which realy irks me. The girls are more or less condescending of the boys' actions, even though they themselves get captured multiple times. The boys side, well, one cares about his wife, and is ok I guess, the 'main' character is slowly being driven insane, and then there's Matt. More or less average stats, with high luck in action, bad luck in events happening to him.

Anyways, it's kind of a long series, and I just want to get over it before moving on to SoIaF. What do?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:54 pm

and some random picture of pinkie and trixie:

Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next