Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Scienza
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Frost
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Aonee
Ketchup
Tytan
Penby
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
OneMoreDaySK
CamoBadger
25 posters

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 24 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Katarn wrote:When in doubt - punch it dead!
So much Ironbait.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 24 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:54 pm

Katarn wrote:When in doubt - punch it dead!

Naked Steel is now my waifu.  Roid Rage 

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:31 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Hm.  I suppose that we just disagree on this, then.
Oh, no no. I'm mostly arguing to be arguing. I'm more than willing to accept your interpretation as correct. I'm not sure I'm particularly good at understanding something like this.
Ah, okay. I might be wrong too, of course; the entire thing hinges on the character of Twilight. I imagine that if it was, say, Rainbow Dash being pranked like this, she probably would just laugh it off and plot later retribution in kind.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:33 pm

ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:55 pm

RoboRed wrote:
ironlulz:

That boat is probably faster than the duck, so if the duck wants to win that round I guess it will have to...wing it.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:49 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 24 1779738_427504390717699_261115568_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:51 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 24 EqD5fFq
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:00 am

@Scienza
Chess Simulator 2014?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:43 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Scienza
Chess Simulator 2014?
I actually have no idea what game this is.

I must have it.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:48 am

swicked wrote:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57571524/misc/TheHeck.gif

I enjoy gifs.
https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2013/11/30/485784__safe_applejack_animated_meme_scootaloo_exploitable+meme_apple+bloom_sweetie+belle_image+macro_smile.gif

Scienza wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Scienza
Chess Simulator 2014?
I actually have no idea what game this is.

I must have it.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274930865/tabletop-simulator
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:10 am

@Scienza
I was just joking. Seeing the awkward moving of pieces reminded me of Surgeon Simulator, so I made up a title.
@Robo
... aaand apparently the game actually exists, albiet in a beta form as part of a larger game set. Huh.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:45 am

WH40K bait: https://derpibooru.org/557512?scope=scped91f5a4ea3fba4be63f09d8880ddce9b436524c9
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:09 am

Does anyone else have any problems reading stories in second-person perspective? Can't stand them myself.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:09 am

Looking through my files, I found a blurb I wrote two years ago, on a setting idea I only half remember now:

extract of an in-setting educational pamphplet:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:22 am

@SK
Second person? It's like what? I know first person and third person. What is 2 person? :)
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:29 am

ohgodwhy:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:56 am

Katarn wrote:@SK
Second person? It's like what? I know first person and third person. What is 2 person? :)
Second person is using "you" in plsce of "I",first person, and using a characters name. I think it's more like telling the reader what to do. 

Example:You bolt upright after a nightmare and search the room.

I hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:23 pm

I think my biggest issue with that format of story is the insane amount of lack of control I feel when reading the story. In third person, I can mentally create characters in my mind to how they look, act, feel, etc. That way I can get irritated at them when they do something stupid, i.e. things I disagree with them doing. Similar to that for first person I just create a mental verson of myself hanging around in the character's mind, unable to interact except to observe. That character is still separate from me and I can find fault with differing decisions. But with second person, the format is that the reader does these things. You are directly responsible for anything you do, and any stupidity is your fault. Stories like this make you do things that you might not actually do, and force you to bear consequences. In the stories I've attempted, I would constantly go "Why the flower would I do this?" and consequently go into incoherent grumbling. I guess I take umbrige to this type because it forces an ideology, mood, or train of thought on you and says "This is you. Enjoy!".
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:56 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:I think my biggest issue with that format of story is the insane amount of lack of control I feel when reading the story. In third person, I can mentally create characters in my mind to how they look, act, feel, etc. That way I can get irritated at them when they do something stupid, i.e. things I disagree with them doing. Similar to that for first person I just create a mental version of myself hanging around in the character's mind, unable to interact except to observe. That character is still separate from me and I can find fault with differing decisions. But with second person, the format is that the reader does these things. You are directly responsible for anything you do, and any stupidity is your fault. Stories like this make you do things that you might not actually do, and force you to bear consequences. In the stories I've attempted, I would constantly go "Why the flower would I do this?" and consequently go into incoherent grumbling. I guess I take umbrage to this type because it forces an ideology, mood, or train of thought on you and says "This is you. Enjoy!".
Thanks for putting into words my (and probably most people's) problem with 2nd person stories. Most people don't like being ordered around and even less being told that something that they didn't/wouldn't do is their fault.

EDIT: Not to mention it's pretty much only used for shitty self-insert clop stories.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:01 pm

@string
Heh, technically the only 2nd person stories I'm ok with are the CYOA's. They were hilarious back when I read them. Stupid ninjas.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:10 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@string
Heh, technically the only 2nd person stories I'm ok with are the CYOA's. They were hilarious back when I read them. Stupid ninjas.
Right, because with CYOA's you at least had some agency in the decisions being made.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:24 pm

@string

'tis probably why I like video games so much. Going from stories to CYOAs to Text-based adventures to the vidya games. Actually, this is probably why I like the RP I'm in so much. Just enough push to get the cast in a direction, but not too much as to railroad us along a set story path. It really helps that Adder's very nice to us players. We just had an encounter with five alicorns, one being a telepath. Being underequipped and massively underleveled, as well as a potential target (read:Unicorn), I decided to hightail it out of there. Wished I had a way of informing the rest, but only Aonee went with, the rest deciding to stick to Mr. Insult First, Shoot Second, Think Last. Managed to position myself at max distance, ready for a SATS shot with my best gun, not that it would've done anything since I only had two rounds on it. Stuck around long enough to realize the Alicorns' target and head off to warn them (Stable ponies). Apparently some big secret is in the stable, seeing as they weren't phased by the fact that FIVE ALICORNS were heading to their spot.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Care to elaborate Swicked?

Also, randomly remembered. It's Stone's birthday today.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:50 pm

To be fair SK, Obs was smart and didn't start a fight with the alicorns. He asked them questions and despite not getting the answers he didn't shoot. Didn't shoot when the first spell cast on him failed, didn't shoot when he woke up the first time only to be knocked back out.
No guarantee on the second time though, but it all worked out.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:16 pm

@moody
Yeah, I know I should cut him slack. A bit of ranting on my part on how Flashpoint is RP'd so well. Was well worth the confusion on them when their spell failed.  "LET'S TRY THAT AGAIN". It's hard to try and do diplomacy when there's a character who we can't keep from insulting everyone he's come across. It's going to get harder when he runs out of bullets (16 shots left). Heck I'm trying to recall anyone he hasn't insulted or offended yet. Kinda waiting for Adder to throw a backstory character at us who got mad at Flashpoint over an insult and hired some group to 'teach him a lesson'. T'would be amusing if he got in some sort of Journey to the West scenario with the restraining bolt like Son Goku. Wonder who would get control?

Huh. Now that I think of it, is our current setting before or after Derpy's Guide comes out?

@swicked
Interesting, got to look this up.
So does it or can it work like some sort of lucid dreaming where you're in control?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:51 pm

wave o' scienzabait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:07 pm

RoboRed wrote:
wave o' scienzabait:
Aww yeah pancakes!
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:20 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@moody
Yeah, I know I should cut him slack. A bit of ranting on my part on how Flashpoint is RP'd so well. Was well worth the confusion on them when their spell failed.  "LET'S TRY THAT AGAIN". It's hard to try and do diplomacy when there's a character who we can't keep from insulting everyone he's come across. It's going to get harder when he runs out of bullets (16 shots left).  Heck I'm trying to recall anyone he hasn't insulted or offended yet. Kinda waiting for Adder to throw a backstory character at us who got mad at Flashpoint over an insult and hired some group to 'teach him a lesson'. T'would be amusing if he got in some sort of Journey to the West scenario with the restraining bolt like Son Goku. Wonder who would get control?

Huh. Now that I think of it, is our current setting before or after Derpy's Guide comes out?

Hmmm. Reminds me of this character In FimFlam's burland RP thing. They had this white mexican wrestler named Groucho who absolutely would not do stealth period. Since he was at least predictable in that manner they used his unwillingness to use stealth to their advantage.

Groucho in first then flank.

Maybe there's a way to work out something like this in your RP but with diplomacy. Maybe you could do a good cop bad cop thing. Like make the person give you the info you want to spite Flashpoint or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Flashpoint intimidating? I'm sorry, I'm a bit occupied rolling on the floor laughing. Insulting? Definitely. Trigger happy? For most hostile encounters, yes. Able to kill things dead really well? Most of the time. Scary?

He's a mid-teen(?) pony with [Small Frame] wielding a battle saddle with double shotguns. He's also currently wrapped his combat barding with wine wire racks. At one point last session he tried to wrap himself in buffalo rugs that "completely enveloped him".

If you want intimidating, go see the pony-bone armored zebra melee summoner. Not sure if he took the furs and did anything with it, but he's also our best bet against any alicorn offensive, provided he crit rolls a summon for antimagic. First time stable ponies saw him, one failed a will roll and fainted.

@swicked
Trust is a major thing for him. At this point the characters he distrusts the least would probably be the good doctor, who has saved him several times, and Alouette, who hasn't had too many conversations with him. Zebras, although well meaning, have done "freaky magic ****" to him with various results, and the other unicorn in the group is still having a bet on how long he holds out before Flashpoint's Girlfriend gets him. Problem isl, he tends to cut off any attempts at conversation from the cast. Most dialogue consists of insults, from what I've seen.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Whut: https://derpibooru.org/571350?scope=scpeca0139ecbcfc1683fcc5e3afcbe505c6e7683836
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next