Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Scienza
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Frost
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Aonee
Ketchup
Tytan
Penby
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
OneMoreDaySK
CamoBadger
25 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:11 pm

swickedbait:
lastbait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Phone turn-in is fast approaching--0530 tomorrow. I don't need sleep tomorrow anyway; all I've got to do is PT.......four times.....and manage supplies for the entire platoon......and go to physical therapy halfway across-post.......and clean the whole damn bay by myself because my platoon's a bunch of lazy fucks......

Worth it.

Anyway, back on topic, Mood, I actually rather liked Dredd and Pacific Rim both. Many had their complaints about both, but I find that as time goes on, I consistently give fewer and fewer fucks about what people think about what I like and dislike. Comes with progressively giving fewer fucks about people in general, I guess.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Glad to see you back if only for a little while Frost, sorry I haven't said hi before now. I've gone on about Pacific Rim enough when it came out to let people know I like it. I think it's main problem is that it was over hyped.

Dredd on the other hand I feel is a bit unappreciated. No it's not he most original movie, or has all that deep of a plot, and may have been an excuse to make another movie about people fighting in close quarters with added bonus of being a part of a licensed property, but it was fucking awesome and a lot truer to Judge Dredd than that movie from the 90s.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Personally, I'd be interested in more movies featuring Dredd. Honestly, the only reason my Dark Heresy Arbites character isn't pretty much exactly Dredd is because the GM won't give me a bike that's not fucking possessed and none of my teammates are both fat enough to comfortably ride and fast enough to awesomely ride. Therefore, the shotgun/autogun/riot shield-slinging, power-maul-swinging skull-crushing guy-who's-totally-an-Arbite-and-absolutely-didn't-just-steal-this-uniform-and-badge gets around in true style-- anti-grav unicycle
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Same here, but I don't think the film did well enough to warrant a sequel in any form. Least not for a while knowing Hollywood.

There's one thing people do have to give Dredd props for. Justifiable use of slow-motion because of that drug haha.

Last edited by Moodyman90 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:08 pm

I dunno, seems like the angle of there being psychic humans around (like Judge Anderson) might be something a sequel could pursue
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:12 pm

A good idea for a sequel would to explore more on the mutants and their relationship with the rest of the Mega-City. Dredd is cool with Anderson since she sure as hell proved herself, but not everybody is cool with mutants and technically she's one.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:28 am

The banner at the top of the page is misplaced again. It was fine when I was on the forum earlier today. Eh. [shrugs]
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:47 am

Well. It also sucks, when you fire from plasma sniper rifle in sectoid only to deal 2 damage. I once missed 98% shot in point blank.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 am

Ironlulz:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:30 am

Happy wear green and get drunk day ya'll. I'm spending it mostly inside since there's been storms in the area since yesterday and because of the fact I don't drink.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:31 am

...booze.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:03 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 1001568_431052800362858_1718620629_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm

swicked wrote:I tried playing xcom on "classic" with "damage roulette". The experience nearly made me vomit.
It's bad enough that I miss most shots that aren't 90% chance to hit or more. Getting 1 damage in after moving one of my guys right up next to a muton for a flanking attack (with a 0% chance for a critical, of course) is too much.
Never again.

I've been playing XCOM with all of the dlc options that I get at the gate, albeit on normal difficulty. I've had plenty of situations like yours, so I just decided to take two heavies with me, and to give everyone a S.C.O.P.E. If I have reasonable doubt that a skirmish could end poorly for me I nuke them, though I try to bait the enemy into moving to specific areas so I don't damage anything important on UFOs. I killed one or two (I can't remember exactly how many) ethereals like that.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:17 pm

I've stayed away from the second wave options for the most part. The game screws you over enough as it is, using those extra options is like telling the game to use the strap-on with spikes on it. Extra spiky with barbed heads if you have Ironman on as well.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:19 pm

BUT! With some options it uses extra lube and agrees to use that strap-on on AI too.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Tytan wrote:
Ironlulz:
I forgot about this. This reminds of the remark he made about blowing his brains out with a shovel.

@XCOM

One thing that seems to help is to give an Assault the abilities Aggression, Close&Personal, Rapid Fire, Bring Em On, adn Killer Instinct, and then give him Ghost Armor, a SCOPE, and an Alloy Cannon. When using him like that, it's best to try to weaken down the Assault's target so that Damage Roulette plays more nicely with him.

-------

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=1161

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31