Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Scienza
Ketchup
Craterfist
Tytan
Aonee
Scyto Harmony
Admiral Stoic Rum
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
Katarn
Valikdu
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Moodyman90
CamoBadger
cb5
Frost
25 posters

Page 30 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:16 pm

@New Alien game

Didn't they said that there will be only 1 (ONE) alien for whole game and you will be fighting hordes of clonned-merc-supersoldiers?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Tytan wrote:I see three HUUUUUGE warning signs.

1. Sega.
2. SEGA.
3. SEEEEEEEGAAAAAAA

Yeah yeah, Colonial Marines was the hapless victim of being in development alongside Borderlands 2, but it was still a nasty piece of shit they tried to pass off as the next game of the year.

That ain't cool.

Sega doesn't even make the games. They publish them. They give people money to make the games. I just had myself a look see at what other Alien games they've made/published. You'll be shocked to find out that none of them were good. Not a one. It's like the sega name is a mark of death.

Yeah, the survival horror aspect sounds fucking awesome (not usually my cup of tea, but I'll give it a shot), but they did say they were gonna let you make weapons later. Soooo yeaaah. The feel of the game could change real quick in the space of a few minutes.

I'm not holding out much hope. Sega's burned me one to many times with their other Alien games. But on the off chance they redeem themselves I will gladly eat my own words.
Well yeah they'll let you make weapons. They did it in the original Alien, but it doesn't mean assault rifles. It's gonna be a homemade flamethrower at the most, and that didn't do shit in the movie. I'm hoping they keep it not-shooty at all and only give you the flamer to give you false hope, but not really holding my breath on that.

Honestly, I'm gonna give this one a try because it is the first alien game that isn't a dedicated shooter, and that's all I've ever wanted. If it sucks, damnit, I'll lose all hope. But if it can make me scream or squeal and quit playing for the night one time, I'll consider it at least somewhat of a success.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Katarn wrote:@New Alien game

Didn't they said that there will be only 1 (ONE) alien for whole game and you will be fighting hordes of clonned-merc-supersoldiers?
Uh, no. There is one alien. There are no other humans as far as I can tell. It's basically looking like Amnesia with a xenomorph.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Can't find the video, but I saw, probably on Escapist, footage of this game, with generic fighting with all-guns-blazin'. I'll try find it though.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:26 pm

Katarn wrote:Can't find the video, but I saw, probably on Escapist, footage of this game, with generic fighting with all-guns-blazin'. I'll try find it though.
I kinda doubt it.
Because they just revealed it today.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:27 pm

there we go:

Though footage is from A:CM. But listen to what is said. Then again, I might be wrong and they went other way.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Katarn wrote:
there we go:

Though footage is from A:CM. But listen to what is said. Then again, I might be wrong and they went other way.
Yeah, that's from October.
They just revealed the actual game and gameplay today. Everything before today was just people guessing.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:31 pm

Well, just hope it will be more Last of Us kind of weapon crafting and surviving, rather than Lara Croft.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Katarn wrote:Well, just hope it will be more Last of Us kind of weapon crafting and surviving, rather than Lara Croft.
From what they've shown, it's Amnesia levels of survival.

Also, I already know people will bitch about the filter they put on the graphics to make it look like an old movie, no matter how beautiful it is otherwise.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Katarn wrote:
there we go:

And like that they took a shit on what hopes I had.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:37 pm

Tytan wrote:And like that they took a shit on what hopes I had.
Tytan, again, this is just old speculation, from the days when all we knew were "You play as Ripley's daughter" and "it's called Alien Isolation".

The actual gameplay and premise were just released today. This is the first time we've ever seen screenshots, or gotten any information about it.
Anything older is garbage now.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:42 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Tytan, again, this is just old speculation, from the days when all we knew were "You play as Ripley's daughter" and "it's called Alien Isolation".

The actual gameplay and premise were just released today. This is the first time we've ever seen screenshots, or gotten any information about it.
I wasn't really talking about Sega this time. I was talking about The Escapist. They didn't make it clear that what the fuck they were saying was just rumors or if it was straight from the horses mouth. It's kind of a leap for them to go from survival horror aliens game to fighting clones. But they've given me a worst case scenario that I don't think I can disassociate.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Tytan wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

I wasn't really talking about Sega this time. I was talking about The Escapist. They didn't make it clear that what the fuck they were saying was just rumors or if it was straight from the horses mouth. It's kind of a leap for them to go from survival horror aliens game to fighting clones. But they've given me a worst case scenario that I don't think I can disassociate.
Horse's Mouth:

Escapist: Retards speculating worst case because they were butthurt about Colonial Marines.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:58 pm

Alien Isolation screenshots:
Don't know about you guys, but I'm not getting a FPS vibe from these.
*Edit: Warning, these are really F'ing big screenshots.*

Also, 
Amanda Ripley:
hurray, she looks believable!

Though I'm still not going to pre-order this though, just to be safe.

Last edited by Orm on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:58 pm

Expect the best, prepare for the worst. They can talk all day long about all the loving detail they're pouring into to try to make it the best Alien game ever, with atmosphere, music, lighting, writing etc etc, but at the end of the day (the day being when the game is released) the game has to stand on it's own.

I hope it turns out great, I hope it turns out to be the game fans of the Alien franchise deserves, but I wouldn't get overly excited on the chance the game turns out to be crap.

*cue the unlikely announcement of the long awaited sequel/ prequel/ hell even a fully updated remake of The Legend of Dragoon and my fanboy squeeing*
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Tytan wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

Horse's Mouth:
*snip*

Escapist: Retards speculating worst case because they were butthurt about Colonial Marines.
Oh thank christ.

I was scared for a second there.

But I gotta say, they chose a really weird developer for this. Seriously, their staple is the Total War series. I've never played one, but I thought they were RTS's. Other than that all they've made are mediocre hack and slashers and a few less than mediocre sports games. They've made a grand total of four console games. One was a Rugby game, two were generic hack and slash games set in different places with different burly men, and the last was an RTS I actually played with a few interesting ideas that needed a little better execution.

All in all not exactly a stellar CV for a survival horror game. But by god it looks like they're actually giving it some effort, which is a shit load more than I can say for Gearbox. Fuck those guys.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:22 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Escapist: Retards speculating worst case because they were butthurt about Colonial Marines.

I wouldn't call anyone speculating worst case against Sega a retard.

Sega's current MO is to make the developer rush the game out the door at any cost. Cut content? Bugs? Plain unfinshed features and lack of polish and optimization? Fuck all that, they've got a schedule to keep.

It's not just Colonial Marines. How about Rome II and Alpha Protocol?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Alpha Protocol was, kinda, good game. I've played and re-played it several times.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:29 pm

It had an excellent story, character interactions and development, and real story-related choices. Because, well, Obsidian.
The actual gameplay was just tolerated in order to get to the next dialogue section. IMO.

I'm hyped for Pillars of Eternity, as it's like the first ever Obsidian game where they won't be hit with the "RUSH GAME NOW" stick, as they are the publisher.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:31 pm

Why I love Steven Heck:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Gyration intensifies:
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Well if that's not a childhood destroying image I don't know what is.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Honestly I've stopped caring about the aliens franchise years ago.  They should have stopped at alien 2, and everything that's been done with the franchise since has been utter shit.  ESPECIALLY prometheus.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:50 pm

cb5 wrote:Honestly I've stopped caring about the aliens franchise years ago.  They should have stopped at alien 2, and everything that's been done with the franchise since has been utter shit.  ESPECIALLY prometheus.
To be fair, 3 wasn't that bad and the movie that is not to be admitted exists in front of camo had a very VERY French director.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Tytan wrote:
a very VERY French director.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 0851f9338e4677d9900556c2ddfc8833926e8ab533abc47b6101b447752893f8
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Tytan wrote:
cb5 wrote:Honestly I've stopped caring about the aliens franchise years ago.  They should have stopped at alien 2, and everything that's been done with the franchise since has been utter shit.  ESPECIALLY prometheus.
To be fair, 3 wasn't that bad and the movie that is not to be admitted exists in front of camo had a very VERY French director.
Okay, okay.  3 wasn't that bad.  It was a bad movie, just not resurrection levels bad.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:54 pm

3 mainly suffers from the fact that they've somehow managed to cut a ton of really important scenes out. The extended version is ok.

I liked Alien Resu-
*sounds of struggle*
*CONNECTION HAS BEEN TERMINATED*
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:00 pm

Valikdu wrote:3 mainly suffers from the fact that they've somehow managed to cut a ton of really important scenes out. The extended version is ok.

I liked Alien Resu-
*sounds of struggle*
*CONNECTION HAS BEEN TERMINATED*
(Bohemian Rhapsody playing in the background)
♪ Mama, just killed a Russian,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead.
Mama, life had just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away -
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:01 pm

It will not stop me.

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Valikdu wrote:It will not stop me.
*video
Cause this is thriller, thriller night
And no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike
You know it's thriller, thriller night
You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next