Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Scienza
Ketchup
Craterfist
Tytan
Aonee
Scyto Harmony
Admiral Stoic Rum
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
Katarn
Valikdu
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Moodyman90
CamoBadger
cb5
Frost
25 posters

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:21 pm

Okay. Saw the trailer for Alien: Isolation. I am... cautious. Not because of the Colonial Marines debacle, but because it felt really, really artificially smooth, and while I'm glad that they're trying to go for the distortion, the lo-fi sci-fi of the original film (they said so in an interview), I'm not seeing it yet. It might look better in-game, once bump maps have been sorted and all that, but the textures of things looked really plastic (and not just on the plastic things). That's worrying, because I feel like a survival horror game lives and dies by its aesthetics, and because HR Giger's aesthetics are amazing and you need to hit the bar he set, you just gotta. But if they manage it, oh man. That would be awesome.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:28 pm

HNNNNNNNNGH:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:34 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Okay. Saw the trailer for Alien: Isolation. I am... cautious. Not because of the Colonial Marines debacle, but because it felt really, really artificially smooth, and while I'm glad that they're trying to go for the distortion, the lo-fi sci-fi of the original film (they said so in an interview), I'm not seeing it yet. It might look better in-game, once bump maps have been sorted and all that, but the textures of things looked really plastic (and not just on the plastic things). That's worrying, because I feel like a survival horror game lives and dies by its aesthetics, and because HR Giger's aesthetics are amazing and you need to hit the bar he set, you just gotta. But if they manage it, oh man. That would be awesome.
Well the trailer did say it was early gameplay, and it is set for release in late 2014. (Not counting possible delays.)
So I'm sure it'll look better by then.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Orm wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Okay. Saw the trailer for Alien: Isolation. I am... cautious. Not because of the Colonial Marines debacle, but because it felt really, really artificially smooth, and while I'm glad that they're trying to go for the distortion, the lo-fi sci-fi of the original film (they said so in an interview), I'm not seeing it yet. It might look better in-game, once bump maps have been sorted and all that, but the textures of things looked really plastic (and not just on the plastic things). That's worrying, because I feel like a survival horror game lives and dies by its aesthetics, and because HR Giger's aesthetics are amazing and you need to hit the bar he set, you just gotta. But if they manage it, oh man. That would be awesome.
Well the trailer did say it was early gameplay, and it is set for release in late 2014. (Not counting possible delays.)
So I'm sure it'll look better by then.
I hope so. Plenty of time for them to polish and all that. The alien itself looks pretty good, though it needs... eh, even I recognize that I'm nitpicking hard. It does kinda need to be perfect, I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:48 pm

for the lulz

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 A_crystal_question_by_mlp_silver_quill-d5okj8g
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:05 pm

dem 'cookies':
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:40 am

I gotta stop looking shows I use to watch. Now it's Samurai Jack.

There's always talk of a movie to finally give the series a grand finale, but even if Aku's voice actor hadn't died one has to wonder if they'd make the movie after so long.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:43 am

I took a look at the Discord reformation Episode and noticed Twilight was slightly taller than Rarity

time to check season 1

Pilot Episode, Twilight and Rarity were the Same height...
The Best night Ever, twilight is pretty much the same height, its difficult to tell with all of the head bobbing.
they've been working on this for some time now...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:59 am

Prepare your assholes

https://youtu.be/71Lo4TGR-A8

you're welcome
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:17 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Prepare your assholes

*video

you're welcome
I sure hope they disinfected it afterwards.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:44 am

Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:03 am

I think this song speaks for many of our residents:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:48 am

This is just... It makes me smile.

(Almost as much as the thought of the Weird Al song 'Party in the CIA' playing in Langley.)

Uncovering further Google secrets

There are a lot of tricks for digging up information about Google's operations. Ironically, many of them involve using Google itself—from Googling for job postings in strange cities to using image search to find leaked cell camera photos of datacenter visits.

However, the best trick for locating secret Google facilities might be the one revealed by ex-Googler talentlessclown on reddit:

The easiest way to find manned Google data centres is to ask taxi drivers and pizza delivery people.

There's something pleasing about that. Google has created what might be the most sophisticated information-gathering apparatus in the history of the Earth ... and the only people with information about them are the pizza delivery drivers.

Who watches the watchers?

Apparently, Domino's.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:44 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 1479161_397111147090357_494645205_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Trixietrixietrixtrix.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:08 pm

*hhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnngggg*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:15 pm

swicked wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Prepare your assholes

*video

you're welcome
I sure hope they disinfected it afterwards.
How would you even do that? In a hospital I figure they would flush the cavity with saline a few times before closing the wound with whatever the medical name for "superglue" is.
I figure those people probably just put a little neosporin on the hole, at most, then put a bandaid on it.

I remember my mom saying something about this in the past. Sometimes they fill an abscess with gauze moistened with disinfectant, and they remove it after a few days then close up the wound somehow. That's how the hospital does it, anyway. I know I remember the thing about the gauze right, but I'm fuzzy on the rest.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:35 pm

no, kitty...no...:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:15 pm

And so a new semester of college has started for me. I'm not staying on campus this time either so I can properly run the Steam group again whenever the hell I can put a boot up my ass to actually get the game nights started back up. Hopefully with some change ups to the schedule and swapping out for new and different games.

Rum is pushing for us to make a group in Planet Side 2 since it's free to play and he's gotten hooked on it, anybody else interested?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm playing, sometimes, with Kipp on server Woodman for NC.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:25 pm

I don't know that Planetside 2 will run on my computer, for my part. I got Far Cry 3 to run via some jiggery pokery (scopes don't render for whatever reason, and it's basically running at probably 10 FPS but I'm used to that), but Planetside seems like it'd be a lot more intensive.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Cocobait:
http://vetusproeliator.deviantart.com/art/Coco-Reads-425255480
http://thattagen.deviantart.com/art/Coco-Pommel-with-Socks-424809742
http://marenlicious.deviantart.com/art/Coco-pommel-s-present-425403331

Batbait:
http://vanille913.deviantart.com/art/Two-beautiful-bat-pony-425341950

Scienzabait:
http://iflysna94.deviantart.com/art/The-Gift-Of-Giving-344388745
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:54 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Rum is pushing for us to make a group in Planet Side 2 since it's free to play and he's gotten hooked on it, anybody else interested?
I should be able to join now that I have a good gaming computer and a functioning mic for it.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Hopefully with some change ups to the schedule and swapping out for new and different games.
As for games I'm up for Killing Floor and Payday 2 as co-op shooters. As true multiplayer games TF2, Natural Selection 2, Tribes:Ascend. For shits, giggles, and explosions how about the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod? Also Garry's Mod. Or anything else you guys might come up with and I have.
Have you guys heard of Frozen Synapse? It's a turn-based squad tactical management game with neon graphics where everyone's commands are executed at the same time and all the walls are destructible if a rocket hits them, not to mention randomizable levels. Might be fun to try out.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Is anyone else having trouble getting Cloudsville to load? It was fine for me yesterday, but now it takes close to four minutes to load.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Is anyone else having trouble getting Cloudsville to load? It was fine for me yesterday, but now it takes close to four minutes to load.
Nope, loads fine for me, sure its not your local connection?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:06 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:Is anyone else having trouble getting Cloudsville to load? It was fine for me yesterday, but now it takes close to four minutes to load.

It's only Cloudsville. Everything else loads like lightning.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

Let's go through the checklist  Twilight crazy: did you try clearing cookies and the cache? Also, have you tried different browsers?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:17 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

Let's go through the checklist  Twilight crazy: did you try clearing cookies and the cache? Also, have you tried different browsers?

I've deleted cookies and tried different browsers, no difference.

EDIT: Just saw that thing about the cache. Tried it, nada.

Last edited by Ironmonger on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

I've deleted cookies and tried different browsers, no difference.

EDIT: Just saw that thing about the cache.
I guess it's something on the site's end then probably, though since I'm not having problems I can't guess to what it might be.

EDIT: did clearing the cache help?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next