Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Downloaded Skill
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Scyto Harmony
Aonee
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
tylertoon2
Kippershy
Meleagridis
RoboRed
Katarn
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Scienza
Frost
Stringtheory
Tytan
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
cb5
27 posters

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:09 pm

The main thing about lucid dreams is that some point in the dream you just know nothing is real and you're dreaming. Don't know what the signs are but I realize I was in a dream and did my best to let it play out without changing it. And other time I realize I'm in a dream and pull out M16s when everybody else has swords.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:14 pm

I once dreamed that I was attacked by a Torasque from Starcraft: Brood War. The mother-humper ate me, and not in the good way.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:35 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Aonee wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Whelp, I finally died in my dreams for once. I've survived a lot of things in my dreams, meteor impact, fallen out of a plane while in a car, attacked by giant mutant large mouth bass in the strangest version of Deep Blue Sea ever, but I died last night.
Most details elude me but the part I do remember was chasing after a train on a bridge and it started to derail. So what does my brain have me do in response? Video game quick time event style parkour. That did not go well with my back up against the side of one train car and two others sliding towards me with no chance of escape. Time slowed, I mentally kissed my ass goodbye, impact, I woke up.

And all I can really say is, damn.

I know I've "died" before in dreams. At least two moments I can recall offhand are drowning and getting struck by lightning.
The closest I've gotten to dying ina dream is getting shot in the head. But even then I didn't die, or even loose consciousness.
Damn, I'm jealous.

I've been shot, stabbed, drowned, thrown off a cliff, strangled on several occasions, hanged, gutted, and blown up; just to name the recurring ones.
I got eaten by a giant spider.

That shit fucked me up for a week.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:44 pm

...I think something like that would traumatize Camo for months...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Shit, I'm not even scared of spiders and that shit would freak me out for at least two weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:49 pm

Yeah, having a dream where I'm eaten alive would mess with me a bit.

What would really fuck with me is if I dreamed that I died from burning alive. That is THE number one way I do NOT want to go.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:52 pm

CamoBadger wrote:I'm sorry, I stopped listening after the first minute or so because this guy is a pretentious twat.
I think this is one of the few times I can whole heartily agree with you on something.  That video is also why I stopped using EqD, cause honestly I never liked twilight and the fact that during the off season they kept putting up videos like this and making "editorial" articles of "NO twilight MUST be your top waifu and no one is allowed to dislike her" was on the scale of 1 to 10 of annoying, about a seven.

I know the video only has a little to do with superman, but what was so annoying of these videos was that they kept assuming that people aren't capable of disliking a particular character for any other reason than how overpowered they were.  These videos are fucking obnoxious in that they kept going "Nuh uh, you're only allowed to dislike a character for reasons I say and any other reasons why someone dislikes a character I like are completely void!" over and over and over again.

Imagine if this forum acted like that-
(fade to imagination)
"Hi Cloudsville, I'm new here.  I don't really like Project Horizons just cause I'm not a fan of grimdark stories"
"Nuh uh, you're not allowed to dislike it.  You only dislike the story cause Blackjack is a cyborg"
"Not really.  I just don't like grimdark stories and I'm squeamish about blood even in fictional stories"
"That's a lie!  The only people who dislike the story are people that don't like stories with cyborgs"
"I can understand why you like it, but personally I'll never like it cause of the gore"
"That's not true! (begins screaming, making angry tumblr posts, throws themselves against the floor screaming bloody murder)  You're only to dislike it in ways I say you're allowed to dislike it"

If someone likes superman or twilight or whatever character people call a mary sue that's fine; just don't get upset when someone dislikes the character for causing this-
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 5 Zod%20Superman%20battle%20aftermath_04

I'll admit I'm still annoyed by the off season for mlp how EqD kept making editorials on the lines of, "Why you MUST like twilight", "Twilight IS your waifu", "Why people that dislike twilight only do so cause they think they're edgy", "Why people can't not like twilight", and so forth.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Funny enough a lot of fans of Superman are pissed at the destruction of various towns and cities from the latest movie. They're more likely to argue that's more of the fault of the screen writers or directors than the character though since they're the ones who didn't make it that Supes tried to drive the fight away from crowded areas.

That's one of those things I kinda stopped caring about after hearing people go on and on if the movie was good or not and hours of justification that it was this incarnation of Superman's first real big fight and the resulting destruction and having to kill Zod will be the reason for Supes to be a better hero in the future.

Anywhos, on the topic of superheros from DC and general thoughts on them, how about Aquaman?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Anywhos, on the topic of superheros from DC and general thoughts on them, how about Aquaman?
He would probably a lot more interesting if we were an aquatic species/understood more about the ocean/large bodies of water then just 'mostly empty', plus it doesn't help that most battles take place on land, making him mostly worthless.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:19 pm

He's never even tried to summon Cthulhu with his fish-brain-powers, so he's clearly stupid on top of everything else.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Huh, I watched that video and I got a different impression. The video focuses on overpowered characters because a lot of people hated Twilight becoming an Alicorn because, to them, it made her overpowered, perfect, and unrelatable / boring. He was focusing on one thing because he thinks the hatred she gets for it isn't valid compared to characters who actually are the perfect mary sue. I mean shouldn't a response video to something be focused on the thing that they are responding to? I haven't watched his other videos so its completely possible I could be wrong and he does just fanboy obnoxiously, but his point seems fine since I think his definition of mary sue is accurate. 

A character who is challenged and / or gets character development can't be a mary sue because mary sues tend to get whatever they want despite any logic saying that they would have to work for it or that getting what they want would be impossible. If they don't have to work for anything, why change?

Superman doesn't feel like a mary sue because most of the time his opponents can challenge him, though the amount of contrivance it takes to reach this point does feel questionable at times, and the conflict carries weight. You know he won't die because he is the main character, but there is still a feeling of tension and struggle. With a mary sue there is no struggle because of the fact that they will win without exerting any effort whatsoever. Even though you know both characters win in the end, one feels satisfying and one doesn't.

Last edited by Downloaded Skill on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:47 pm

I just watched that same video since I had the spare time. In my opinion, the guy seems like he's just trying to be professional about the delivery of his presentation rather than being pretentious. However, the smirking avatar initiates the pretentious twatification because it makes him seem condescending. I've found that it's not a good idea to smirk at people unless you're making a comical remark.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:52 pm

that's one happy bottle of milk:

Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:55 pm

That's...slightly creepy.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:57 pm

you think so?:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Penby Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Because I laughed too hard at this:

Last edited by Penby on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Penby
Penby
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 44

http://penby.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:56 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 5 Ebd
As someone put it I guess it's time to draw some pal comics.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:33 pm

fuck, i just got a flashback of that video I've seen once of someone getting impaled.

for those whoe want to know...
there's a reason I can still remember it after all those years...:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:37 pm

At least if I wanted to I could write a vivid description of an execution through impalement in an FoE setting.

Seems like something raiders (*cough* Rose Eye *cough*) would LOVE doing.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:...

fuck, i just got a flashback of that video I've seen once of someone getting impaled.

for those whoe want to know...
there's a reason I can still remember it after all those years...:

Fuck man, while I haven't seen that video, I know exactly how you feel. I watched that cop murder video, the Dinkheller one. I don't ever want to hear screams like those again. Mind you, I expect what you heard was somehow even more horrific, given the nature of it.
I feel for you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 pm

I know there are a lot of Bronies in the Army already, but I think the training/indoctrination's kind of ruining the show for me. I'm watching the first episode of the new season--Twilight clumsily crashed into a tree branch, and my immediate response was to laugh and call her a POG.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Mister Frost wrote:He's never even tried to summon Cthulhu with his fish-brain-powers, so he's clearly stupid on top of everything else.

Actually he has done that before. Here's proof.

In fact, in one issue it shows that once a year he teams up with Etrigan and he summons every single living creature in the entire ocean to fight what's basically one of the Elder Gods to keep it from entering Earth through a portal at the bottom of the sea. Yes, we can safely say that Pacific Rim stole something from an Aquaman comic and he stops shit like that from happening once a year.

Also, Aquaman punched out Superman. Oh yeah, anybody can punch Superman in the face, but most of them run the risk of breaking their hand in doing so unless Superman rolls with the punch. Aquaman can do it at full force without shattering his hand against Superman's jaw.

Aquaman suffers from his old portrayal on the Superfriends, which itself suffered from the writers having to deal with "what can we have him do Superman can't already do?" and thus regulated to water based episodes.

Last edited by Moodyman90 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Etrigan, not Blue Devil)
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I know there are a lot of Bronies in the Army already, but I think the training/indoctrination's kind of ruining the show for me. I'm watching the first episode of the new season--Twilight clumsily crashed into a tree branch, and my immediate response was to laugh and call her a POG.
NO! BAD INFANTRY! BAD!

DO NOT BECOME ONE OF THE TWATS WHO USE THAT WORD!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Kotaku just posted a story about the new Fallout and it looks legit from what they're saying. Who knows though.

http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:19 pm

That annoying ass moment I'm having when I'm trying to learn more about japanese new religions(basically shintoism is on decline, but there's new religions based off shintoism and buddhism), and I am actually serious about wanting to learn japanese so I can better understand it and all the japanese lessons that don't cost hundreds of dollars are stereotypical nerds going, "itadakimasu oni-chan kawaii-desu".
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 5 1149271-picard_facepalm
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:40 pm

This is obvious:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:01 pm

scienzabait:
lastbait(small story in source):
Source
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:34 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I know there are a lot of Bronies in the Army already, but I think the training/indoctrination's kind of ruining the show for me. I'm watching the first episode of the new season--Twilight clumsily crashed into a tree branch, and my immediate response was to laugh and call her a POG.
NO! BAD INFANTRY! BAD!

He's not even out of Basic. I wonder how many of his class will make the mistake of calling medics that, or making fun of the 92A's right before they want leave or new supplies, or the cooks before a meal, or the truckers before they ride in the back...
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:42 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
NO! BAD INFANTRY! BAD!

He's not even out of Basic...
Is it weird that I actually do know what that means and I'm not in the army and have never heard that word anywhere I can remember from where. Great now this is going to bug me for the rest of the day where I heard it from.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:At least if I wanted to I could write a vivid description of an execution through impalement in an FoE setting.

Seems like something raiders (*cough* Rose Eye *cough*) would LOVE doing.
Pretty much. Hm, though I wonder how equine anatomy modifies it?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next