Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Can he actually hit light speed? I think his greatest threat might be causing the universe to stop existing or something, if so. =P (Total protonic reversal?) Anyway, a nuke hit him pretty hard IIRC, enough that he could probably have been taken out easily enough. Batman managed it.

Note that the only Superman comics I have read were the original ones (leaping tall buildings in a single bound!) and The Dark Knight Returns, in which his greatest threat is his own awesome power's morally questionable nature, and, of course, Batman. Mind you the fight scene was stupid.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Can he actually hit light speed? I think his greatest threat might be causing the universe to stop existing or something, if so. =P (Total protonic reversal?)
It takes a infinite amount of energy to hit light speed for something that has mass. If he can hit light speed and goes through the atmosphere the amount of energy he's imparting into the atmosphere is a infinite amount and in a single moment not only destroying the earth, but making the big bang 2.
avatar
cb5
Alicorn

Posts : 1541
Brohoof! : 19
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Moodyman90 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

JLA Act of God or some BS like that.
Ended up being one long love letter to Batman and how awesome he is cause everybody who wasn't a tech based or martial arts based had their powers taken.

Certain ya'll would like it from the way ya'll are talking. Supes became a whinny bitch cause he lost his power. Lois also left him and he ended up with the de-powered Wonder Woman, yet still bitch cause he just couldn't function without his powers.

Could just be talking out of my ass right now, but Supes main problem has been back in the Silver Age they loaded him down with all these powers and even after being de-powered (Yes the current comic version of Superman is weaker than Silver Age version) he's still put on a pedestal as the hero who can not fail no matter what. Which arguably is the fault of the writers.

@OAC and everybody else I guess:
No, Supes can't hit the speed of light. At least not without spending a few minutes in the center of the Sun. The Flash is always faster. Especially Berry "Ran so fast I tapped into the Speed Force and outran Death" Allen.
avatar
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Posts : 8257
Brohoof! : 163
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:58 pm

cb5 wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Can he actually hit light speed? I think his greatest threat might be causing the universe to stop existing or something, if so. =P (Total protonic reversal?)
It takes a infinite amount of energy to hit light speed for something that has mass.  If he can hit light speed and goes through the atmosphere the amount of energy he's imparting into the atmosphere is a infinite amount and in a single moment not only destroying the earth, but making the big bang 2.
He can go back in time. He doesn't obey laws of physics. He can go light speed.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:06 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Can he actually hit light speed? I think his greatest threat might be causing the universe to stop existing or something, if so. =P (Total protonic reversal?)
It takes a infinite amount of energy to hit light speed for something that has mass.  If he can hit light speed and goes through the atmosphere the amount of energy he's imparting into the atmosphere is a infinite amount and in a single moment not only destroying the earth, but making the big bang 2.
He can go back in time. He doesn't obey laws of physics. He can go light speed.
So, if he has a infinite amount of energy does that make him a infinite mary sue?
avatar
cb5
Alicorn

Posts : 1541
Brohoof! : 19
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:13 pm

The real question, of course, is, with all his super powers souped up from sunlight... can he see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:The real question, of course, is, with all his super powers souped up from sunlight... can he see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?
Yes
avatar
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Posts : 13084
Brohoof! : 429
Join date : 2012-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Tytan wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:The real question, of course, is, with all his super powers souped up from sunlight... can he see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?
Yes
Yep, mary sue, no doubt about it.
avatar
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Posts : 2097
Brohoof! : 97
Join date : 2012-05-13
Age : 23
Location : Amherst, MA

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Relevant:

avatar
cb5
Alicorn

Posts : 1541
Brohoof! : 19
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Please define "Relevant"
avatar
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Posts : 6617
Brohoof! : 502
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 23
Location : Fort Bliss

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Moodyman90 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Cinnamon Toast Crunch joke is best I can figure.

Anyways, me and Derp are in Teamspeak right now. If anybody wants to play Killing Floor you're welcome to join us. Granted there's only room for 4 more unless we find that one server again.
avatar
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Posts : 8257
Brohoof! : 163
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:27 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Please define "Relevant"
Closely connected or appropriate to the matter at hand.
avatar
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Posts : 13084
Brohoof! : 429
Join date : 2012-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:27 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Please define "Relevant"
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:The real question, of course, is, with all his super powers souped up from sunlight... can he see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?
avatar
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Posts : 2097
Brohoof! : 97
Join date : 2012-05-13
Age : 23
Location : Amherst, MA

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:31 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Please define "Relevant"
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:The real question, of course, is, with all his super powers souped up from sunlight... can he see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?
another cinnamon toast crunch joke:
avatar
cb5
Alicorn

Posts : 1541
Brohoof! : 19
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Not relevant:
avatar
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Posts : 13084
Brohoof! : 429
Join date : 2012-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:31 pm

More relevant:
avatar
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Posts : 13084
Brohoof! : 429
Join date : 2012-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by swicked on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:@OAC and everybody else I guess:
No, Supes can't hit the speed of light. At least not without spending a few minutes in the center of the Sun. The Flash is always faster. Especially Berry "Ran so fast I tapped into the Speed Force and outran Death" Allen.
They (all the Flashes and similar speedsters like Johnny Quick, Max Mercury, etc.) all tap the speed force. It allows them to kinda-sorta exist in a separate dimension when they run. There's this force bubble that forms around them that ignores wind resistance and lowers their mass, I think.
Several of them have run past the speed of light and merged with the speed force entirely, in fact.

In every superman vs. flash race I'm aware of, though, they're accepted as being just as fast as each other on the average day.


Last edited by swicked on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6602
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:
@OAC and everybody else I guess:
No, Supes can't hit the speed of light. At least not without spending a few minutes in the center of the Sun. The Flash is always faster. Especially Berry "Ran so fast I tapped into the Speed Force and outran Death" Allen.
But why would he want to outrun Death? She's so adorable.
avatar
Scienza
Shipmistress

Posts : 1613
Brohoof! : 248
Join date : 2013-08-28

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Moodyman90 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:22 pm

Yeah true, but in the Justice League cartoon from a few years ago apparently the rematch between Flash and Supes ended with Flash being faster. At least that' what the Flash Museum says.

And not the death that chases him. Known as the Black Racer or whatever. He's the death of Speedsters.
avatar
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Posts : 8257
Brohoof! : 163
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Yeah true, but in the Justice League cartoon from a few years ago apparently the rematch between Flash and Supes ended with Flash being faster. At least that' what the Flash Museum says.
God that's a relief.
Since being really fast is the only thing Flash has, it was really sad that Superman was better at it than he was.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:27 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Yeah true, but in the Justice League cartoon from a few years ago apparently the rematch between Flash and Supes ended with Flash being faster. At least that' what the Flash Museum says.
God that's a relief.
Since being really fast is the only thing Flash has, it was really sad that Superman was better at it than he was.
Superman has a tendency to do that to characters. One day, he'll have better cleavage than Power Girl and his domination will be complete.

Relevant to Super Cleavage:
avatar
Scienza
Shipmistress

Posts : 1613
Brohoof! : 248
Join date : 2013-08-28

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by swicked on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Scienza wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:
@OAC and everybody else I guess:
No, Supes can't hit the speed of light. At least not without spending a few minutes in the center of the Sun. The Flash is always faster. Especially Berry "Ran so fast I tapped into the Speed Force and outran Death" Allen.
But why would he want to outrun Death? She's so adorable.
You're thinking of Marvel.:

In marvel, Death is Deathpool's girlfriend, though Thanos is in love with her, so it's like a love triangle or something.


Last edited by swicked on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6602
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Scienza wrote:Superman has a tendency to do that to characters. One day, he'll have better cleavage than Power Girl and his domination will be complete.

Relevant to Super Cleavage:
I don't know if I'll laugh or cry on that day...

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:30 pm

swicked wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:
@OAC and everybody else I guess:
No, Supes can't hit the speed of light. At least not without spending a few minutes in the center of the Sun. The Flash is always faster. Especially Berry "Ran so fast I tapped into the Speed Force and outran Death" Allen.
But why would he want to outrun Death? She's so adorable.
You're thinking of Marvel.:
Skeleton...
With a rack...

what the fuck marvel

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Moodyman90 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:32 pm

The Justice League stuff was generally good about knocking Supes down a peg regularly. 
"This looks like a job for" *cue kyptonite bat fueled by magic knocking his ass out for the episode.*
avatar
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Posts : 8257
Brohoof! : 163
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by swicked on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:33 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Yeah true, but in the Justice League cartoon from a few years ago apparently the rematch between Flash and Supes ended with Flash being faster. At least that' what the Flash Museum says.
God that's a relief.
Since being really fast is the only thing Flash has, it was really sad that Superman was better at it than he was.
Superman is better than everyone at everything. That's his entire point.
He's also the smartest being on earth... or existence, I dunno, one of his official powers is super-intelligence which allowed him to make all these androids and other weird kryptonian tech back in the day.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6602
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Yeah true, but in the Justice League cartoon from a few years ago apparently the rematch between Flash and Supes ended with Flash being faster. At least that' what the Flash Museum says.

And not the death that chases him. Known as the Black Racer or whatever. He's the death of Speedsters.
You know The Flash doesn't get nearly as much fan attention as he should have. One comic he not only rescued a apartment complex, but used his speed to learn building codes and construction then rebuilt the apartment complex.

Superman is just a comic book hero douchebag that talks about saying metropolice while standing in a half destroyed city that looks like a meteor hit it with trillions of dollars of damage and hundreds of thousands deaths. If superman were real stay the fuck away from his city cause you'd more likely to die from him than the villain.
avatar
cb5
Alicorn

Posts : 1541
Brohoof! : 19
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by swicked on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:35 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
swicked wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:
@OAC and everybody else I guess:
No, Supes can't hit the speed of light. At least not without spending a few minutes in the center of the Sun. The Flash is always faster. Especially Berry "Ran so fast I tapped into the Speed Force and outran Death" Allen.
But why would he want to outrun Death? She's so adorable.
You're thinking of Marvel.:
Skeleton...
With a rack...

what the fuck marvel
They redesigned her for the deadpool game so that she now just looks like a witchdoctor with a huge rack.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Death_(Earth-TRN284)/Gallery?file=Death_%2528Earth-TRN284%2529.jpg

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6602
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by swicked on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:48 pm

This is really cool:


...I mean, it's "old", but I'd never seen it before.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6602
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Erumpet on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Just watched the last two episodes, loved them both, but especially the castle one. That one made me so happy.  

@Mary Sueperman:
I always thought the point of Superman was that there are no threats to him, but he still has problems. Kind of to show that no matter how perfect you are, you'll still have challenges in life to overcome.  I have't read much Superman, but I thought the point was he isn't in danger physically necessarily but his friends, loved ones, innocent civilians, etc are in danger, or alternatively his moral uprightness is challenged. 

Source: I think I watched a documentary about superman on the history channel or something, that nights all a bit hazy though so maybe it was about nazi aliens
avatar
Erumpet
Ursa Major

Posts : 769
Brohoof! : 34
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 23
Location : Illinois

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum