Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+56
Give_me_muny
InLucidReverie
Train Dodger
Luminous Lead
Silver136
DaWarWolf
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Kippershy
Tytan
Captain Stramash
Adalbertus
TheWanderingZebra
Harmony Ltd.
Rayndalf
Ketchup
thatguyvex
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
FoolNeim
LordsServant
CD
Aonee
Downloaded Skill
Technowolf
chinman
StoneSlinger88
Vergil
Mazoku
CamoBadger
Mr. Snrub
ISuckAtNaming
Mister Nikel
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
Valikdu
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Penby
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
RoboRed
Somber
Frost
ARoundCorner
Derpmind
Caoimhe
TalixZero
Moodyman90
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
FeatherDust
cb5
Scienza
60 posters

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:14 am

I suggested giving you a medal, but I don't think that we actually have that power. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:15 am

Anyway, update: We still have no idea what caused it. I'm going to leave the alert signature up for a few days, and, if nothing happens, we'll hope that it was some one-time glitch.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:23 am

Meleagridis wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Chapter Thirty Four Running Thoughts

I'm taking a moment to say that these reviews of old chapters are great to read, especially for people like me with poor memories who don't reread often. There's even bonus content regarding the comments, too. I remember the door discussion... ah, the memories.
I'm glad you enjoy them.

Caoimhe wrote:Put all the summary thoughts on one web page, make the background yellow and call it "Project Horizons: The Unauthorized Cliff's Notes."
I like the idea, but it would just end up so patchy, only starting with chapter fourteen and not really picking up real steam until around twenty. Also, there'd be the gap between where I'm up to and wherever I started tracking thoughts as new chapters were released . . .

Derpmind wrote:So I was looking at old chapters, and chapter 14 gives the strangest error. Check it out.

"File is in owner's trash
You will soon permanently lose access to this file.
For continued access, please make a copy.
Comments will not be copied to the new document."

You press a button that copies it to a new google doc, for whatever reason. I hope the chapter doesn't get accidentally deleted, so please fix whatever the heck is going on there.
And so once again, the day is saved, thanks to . . . Derpmind!

O. Hinds wrote:I've also just downloaded all of PH, including the unfinished second part of 62 and the hub page, just in case.

On the plus side, this spurred me to finally clean up the file names and my personal organization of them.
Good reaction; I may do the same. Actually, I'm surprised I hadn't before, but then, I've only downloaded stories in rare, specific cases, and of course PH isn't quite as static as most. In any case, it's a reminder that one can only trust cloud storage so far.

Somber wrote:It was pink eyes and her mom playing with thorn and roses.
Ah, thank you. Excuse me while I go update a spreadsheet.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 am

Oh.
Ohhh.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.
In my defense, Roses is red and Thorn is green in my head. For obvious reasons.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:56 am

And thank you so very much Derpmind!  ::hugs::
Aww, that is really sweet.

And certainly a big thank you to Derpmind, losing chapters wouldn't have been good at all.  You definitely deserve a medal, or a cake at least.

O. Hinds wrote:Also plenty of good Boo, for those who like cuteness.
I'll certainly be looking forward to that, as if there were any doubt.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:27 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Please let us know immediately if you discover this happening to any other chapters; the idea of losing any of PH is terrifying.

If you're worried, I download every chapter to a PDF file on my hard drive, so you can ask me for a chapter if it becomes lost. It probably isn't the most up-to-date, but that's not of primary concern here.

PS: Can't type outside quotation boxes anymore.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:55 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:

And thank you so very much Derpmind!  ::hugs::
Aww, that is really sweet.

And certainly a big thank you to Derpmind, losing chapters wouldn't have been good at all.  You definitely deserve a medal, or a cake at least.

O. Hinds wrote:Also plenty of good Boo, for those who like cuteness.
I'll certainly be looking forward to that, as if there were any doubt.
Oh yes. I thought of you several times during the chapter. :)

CD wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Please let us know immediately if you discover this happening to any other chapters; the idea of losing any of PH is terrifying.

If you're worried, I download every chapter to a PDF file on my hard drive, so you can ask me for a chapter if it becomes lost. It probably isn't the most up-to-date, but that's not of primary concern here.

Ah, good; there's yet another backup. Thanks.

Hm. That's peculiar. You've toggled off the ostensibly-WYSIWYG, right? I have no idea why they made that default to active. If it's off, I don't know what the problem might be.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:00 pm

CD wrote:

There's a button on the far right that looks like a sheet of paper, says "Switch Editor Mode" when you mouse over it. Click that and you won't be dealing with those issues anymore.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:24 pm

RoboRed wrote:There's a button on the far right that looks like a sheet of paper, says "Switch Editor Mode" when you mouse over it. Click that and you won't be dealing with those issues anymore.
Thanks, that solved it.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks guys. I'm sure someone else would have noticed eventually, but it's good that everything's been backed up again. And I can't really take all the credit: Last night Vixie (who's in the steam group) asked me if I remembered what Rampage's mane was like since she was doing some art. I decided to find the chapter where Rampage first appeared, since that was most likely to have an extensive description of her appearance. Hopping in a few chapters quickly narrowed it down to chapter 14, which appeared to have been eaten by a grue. I made the post quickly and made a copy of the chapter, though in retrospect I should have checked the other chapters, or just downloaded everything. Still, sounds like in the worst case scenario everything will still be backed up now, so no harm by my semi-negligence. Hopefully ya figure out whatever caused it and it doesn't happen again.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:53 pm

Derpmind wrote:Thanks guys.
*clicks link*
...Wat....
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:13 pm

Art imitates life.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Derpmind wrote:I'm sure someone else would have noticed eventually
Oh, sure, but "eventually" might have been too late.

Derpmind wrote:Hopefully ya figure out whatever caused it and it doesn't happen again.
Still no idea. It appears stable now, though, so hopefully it was just one of those mysterious one-time computer things.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:44 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Derpmind wrote:Thanks guys.
*clicks link*
...Wat....

Oh? Do you like what you see? Want a muffin?

Caoimhe wrote:Art imitates life.

Derpy is Derpy.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:09 am

You it's bad when you go back and add 3 pages of combat to a chapter... u.u
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Punching it up with punches are we?
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Well originally I have Lighthooves defeated in a paragraph and... no.  Sorry.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:59 pm

Applying Mark Twain logic to you here means that said paragraph was probably so fantastic that the individual mortal psyche wouldn't have been able to handle it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 24 Empty We all know Somber is a surfer dude at heart

Post by Meleagridis Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:38 pm

Somber wrote:You it's rad when you go back and add 3 pages of combat to a chapter... u.u

Fixed the typo. Tubular.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Somber wrote:Well originally I have Lighthooves defeated in a paragraph and... no.  Sorry.
And it was the most epic banging the Wasteland has ever seen.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:53 am

I was watching "It's a Wonderful Life" the other day for the first time in about a decade. My brain just kept muttering,
Once upon a time in my homeland there was a very good but very silly zebra...

And on that note, Hinds:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Thinking about the fifteen letter plan...
It has to be something obviously vastly destructive to get Rampage so excited. My first thought was "blow up the tower" but that's a letter short.

Plus it had to be a plan the ships were to execute while BJ went inside, since there is no point hiding the infiltration plan when Lighthooves can watch through her eyes anyway.

So.... No really solid idea what the plan is, other than those clues...
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:54 pm

SilentCarto wrote:I was watching "It's a Wonderful Life" the other day for the first time in about a decade. My brain just kept muttering,
Once upon a time in my homeland there was a very good but very silly zebra...

And on that note, Hinds:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:34 am

Another memory orb: http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/258816/the-rainbow-factory-orb
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:12 pm

All this extra KKat FoE stuff is pretty dope. It's like having special features from a remastered film release.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:31 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 24 Somber11
And here's Part Two!
So much awesome.  :D  It’s a long one, too: fifty pages.

However, I'm afraid that I have some bad news for Icy Shake: Somber has decreed that "Raptor", "Thunderhead" (the ship class, not the city), and "Vertibuck" are now to be lowercase.  Very, very sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:34 pm

Wow, you guys weren't kidding around with the split of the chapter.

Now lets see if EqD claims this to be "part 63" and screws up the order.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:08 pm

We got 6 people to show up for TF2 night before we found out the chapter was posted! Skip gaming, read apocalypse ponies!
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Damn, meant to catch up. Unfortunately Gdocs just flat out refuses to work with mobile browsers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:25 pm

I put it on pastebin for a day if you need it. http://pastebin.com/EjGUQbYL
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next