Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+56
Give_me_muny
InLucidReverie
Train Dodger
Luminous Lead
Silver136
DaWarWolf
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Kippershy
Tytan
Captain Stramash
Adalbertus
TheWanderingZebra
Harmony Ltd.
Rayndalf
Ketchup
thatguyvex
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
FoolNeim
LordsServant
CD
Aonee
Downloaded Skill
Technowolf
chinman
StoneSlinger88
Vergil
Mazoku
CamoBadger
Mr. Snrub
ISuckAtNaming
Mister Nikel
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
Valikdu
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Penby
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
RoboRed
Somber
Frost
ARoundCorner
Derpmind
Caoimhe
TalixZero
Moodyman90
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
FeatherDust
cb5
Scienza
60 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:52 pm

*hugs you gently*  I'm sure it'll be okay, Somber, just try your best.  If it ends up being a long chapter I'm certain the people that matter won't hold it against you.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:58 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Ch. 55 wrote:“Are you okay?” Eclipse asked as she knelt beside him.  He glanced up in time to see the glittering mesh descend down and land firmly atop her inky head. Suddenly the machine let out a massive mechanical shriek, and the screens went wild.
Ch. 26 wrote:A housing burst apart as the metallic guts spilled out, rearranging themselves and creeping towards us.  Green lightning flickered and danced along the writhing mechanical surfaces as they formed claws and tendrils.

“GIVE IT TO ME!” those thousand voices screamed at once.

That was a face… the machines were forming a massive pony face!  It was slowly pushing out of the machinery as if the gargantuan monster was being birthed from the equipment.  Green light blazed from its eyes as it opened its mouth and vomited dozens of electrical cables that crackled and snaked towards us.
Ch. 26 wrote:Spell Matrix 7> Details: Come to Life Spell. ERROR. Data Corrupted.
Huh... I wonder...

P.S. In that first quote, there should be a comma after "suddenly".
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:15 am

Also, Kkat's posted the new one.

Crystal Empire Blues (Part 2)
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:54 am

Damn, beat me to it. :P
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Well, this is perfect: Fallout Equestria in a nutshell

Somber wrote:At 26p.  It's a big horrible chapter.  I don't want to split it in two.  I want the Thunderhead arc over with and then into the Core and Finale....  uuugh...
I BELIEVE IN YOU SOMBER!

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Tumblr_lgkn85joKD1qh8193o1_400
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Somber wrote:At 26p.  It's a big horrible chapter.  I don't want to split it in two.  I want the Thunderhead arc over with and then into the Core and Finale....  uuugh...
AWESOME!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Stramash Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:09 pm

Whew just finished up to chapter 61 really enjoying the story so far, great job Somber and co haven't been able to put it down. Looking forward to chapter 62 and whats about to kick off as a result!

On another topic, am I the only one that reads the highlander ponies with a Scots accent rather than a Southern accent?

Captain Stramash
Foal

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:41 pm

I don't think you're the only one, as Highlander does bring to mind Scotland. Or in the very least that one awesome film and the franchise based around it with no direct sequel what so ever.

That said, and granted I am bias as I am Southern, I rather enjoy them having southern accent. Especially so since the state of Georgia has a rich Scottish heritage, to the point we have our own Highlander games. Caber toss and all.

Dear me where are my manners, welcome to the site and I hope you stick around. We're mostly a friendly bunch but different opinions do cause tension at times. Like all other sites follow the rules and if an Admin or Moderator tells you to stop doing something, its for the best to do what they say.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Halloa Captain. Suppose I never really heard them as all that Scottish, myself, though I can definitely see how that would come up.

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:22 am

Somber wrote:At 26p.  It's a big horrible chapter.  I don't want to split it in two.  I want the Thunderhead arc over with and then into the Core and Finale....  uuugh...
If I ever thought you wrote a long chapter, I would go look at FOE Ch. 37. Then I'd go look at any chapter of Murky whatsoever. Then I'd stop thinking it was a long chapter.

Seriously, though, it's not like anyone's ever complained...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:25 am

Captain Stramash wrote:On another topic, am I the only one that reads the highlander ponies with a Scots accent rather than a Southern accent?
Nope, I do that too. Calamity and New Appleoosa have the southern twang, Highlanders are Scottish. I pretty much do this in complete opposition to their written dialect, but there you go.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:57 am

A really long chapter that ends the arc meaningfully is infinitely preferable to a short one which rushes everything.

Trust me, we like long. We wouldn't have been able to read the fifty billion words of PH if we were scared of it. Spike
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:36 pm

Regarding BAON:

To anyone who's completely baffled by this post: WavemasterRyx wrote a short AU (very AU) fic about Blackjack and Glory going to pick flowers.  Link.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Stramash Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:21 pm

@SilentCarto, ha glad I am not the only one, then again I'm from Scotland on the lowland highland border so that probably makes me just a little biased.

in regards to chapter 62 I am with Scienza and SilentCarto, if it needs to be long it needs to be long and it would be better to have a long fulfilling chapter that wraps the arc up nicely than several fragmented chapters that might diminish the impact of the grande finale in Thunderhead.

Personally I wouldn't mind a long chapter since I tend to wolf my way through stories but that's just me.

Captain Stramash
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Captain Stramash wrote:@SilentCarto, ha glad I am not the only one, then again I'm from Scotland on the lowland highland border so that probably makes me just a little biased.

in regards to chapter 62 I am with Scienza and SilentCarto, if it needs to be long it needs to be long and it would be better to have a long fulfilling chapter that wraps the arc up nicely than several fragmented chapters that might diminish the impact of the grande finale in Thunderhead.

Personally I wouldn't mind a long chapter since I tend to wolf my way through stories but that's just me.
Aye, same. I ran through Project Horizons from chapters 1-30 the first time round.

And they're definitely Scottish.

I forgot to mention this, but welcome to the site. Hold on to your headcanon, it'll clash with someone else's soon.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:06 pm

... I am SUCH a fucking failwriter.  I am looking at 29 pages.  17k words... and they're covering ALL OF HALF A FRIGGING HOUR!  That's almost a minute per page... and I haven't even gotten to the second half of the chapter!!!!  ARRRGU BLARGH BLARGH BLARGH!
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:18 pm

So lots of detail is a bad thing now?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Somber wrote:... I am SUCH a fucking failwriter.  I am looking at 29 pages.  17k words... and they're covering ALL OF HALF A FRIGGING HOUR!  That's almost a minute per page... and I haven't even gotten to the second half of the chapter!!!!  ARRRGU BLARGH BLARGH BLARGH!
man you made my day with that post, I couldn't stop laughing for a good five minutes.
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Somber wrote:... I am SUCH a fucking failwriter.  I am looking at 29 pages.  17k words... and they're covering ALL OF HALF A FRIGGING HOUR!  That's almost a minute per page... and I haven't even gotten to the second half of the chapter!!!!  ARRRGU BLARGH BLARGH BLARGH!
Trust in your editors.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Stramash Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Maybe this will help Somber.

When your trying to write
and face a great plight.

Write it up rough,
get down all your stuff.

Time to get tough
and get rid of all that guff.

Buff Buff Buff 
get rid off all that fluff

Keep going till your out of puff
and have had enough.

Now it really shines
Better than your greatest designs.

I am no Burns but hey not bad for on the spot.
Keep at it pal you'll make it, that I am sure of.

Captain Stramash
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Are you trying to give me an awesome overload sir?

KEEEEP GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOING!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:29 pm

I hunger for a multitude of verbage.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:24 pm

What do you think a NaNoWriMo entry by Somber would look like?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
What do you think a NaNoWriMo entry by Somber would look like?
He'd meet the 50,000 word count within two weeks, and go over by at least twice the number of words by time the month was over. The finished story would be awesome, but he'd think it was terrible. Or he'd be still writing it a year later and think it's still terrible.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:54 pm

This song effectively cheers me up, mayhaps it will do the same for you.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm really sorry to laugh, but that final descent into gibberish... Spike 

*cough*
Seriously, though -- I've read whole chapters of actual published books that covered like five minutes. It's not a horrible thing, it just means there's a lot going on. (Especially if some of it involves Dawn in her turbo mode...) I'm sure I don't have to tell you that action in books tends to be fifteen minutes of focused activity followed by a paragraph or two narrating the next three hours. It is what it is, man, and as long as you feel that what you're writing is entertaining, it's no big deal. We don't read with stopwatches on.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:43 pm

I think the amount of time and pages makes perfect sense for BJ's brain, honestly!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:59 pm

*hugs very gently* it'll be okay, Somber, write as much as you need to.

O. Hinds wrote:
Regarding BAON:
To anyone who's completely baffled by this post: WavemasterRyx wrote a short AU (very AU) fic about Blackjack and Glory going to pick flowers.  Link.
I’m glad it didn’t offend you too much.  Don’t worry at all about not having time to say more, I appreciate that you even read it in the first place.  Also, boot to the head.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

I wouldn't say that hyperclose slowed-down writing is necessarily a good thing, but it's certainly not a bad one.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:11 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Regarding BAON:
I’m glad it didn’t offend you too much.  Don’t worry at all about not having time to say more, I appreciate that you even read it in the first place.  Also, boot to the head.
...Offend... Eh? How would it have offended me?

:)
(Oh, and I'm still curious who that mare referred to by cutie mark was.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next