Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+56
Give_me_muny
InLucidReverie
Train Dodger
Luminous Lead
Silver136
DaWarWolf
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Kippershy
Tytan
Captain Stramash
Adalbertus
TheWanderingZebra
Harmony Ltd.
Rayndalf
Ketchup
thatguyvex
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
FoolNeim
LordsServant
CD
Aonee
Downloaded Skill
Technowolf
chinman
StoneSlinger88
Vergil
Mazoku
CamoBadger
Mr. Snrub
ISuckAtNaming
Mister Nikel
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
Valikdu
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Penby
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
RoboRed
Somber
Frost
ARoundCorner
Derpmind
Caoimhe
TalixZero
Moodyman90
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
FeatherDust
cb5
Scienza
60 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:18 am

What I say still stands, take all the time ya'll need. Pretty sure everybody on the site understands the reasoning to take time off from nearly everything because of finals.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:42 am

Also plenty of good Boo, for those who like cuteness.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:05 am

Well, looks like I'm buying a ticket for the hype train, you guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 am

Amazing compelling action and storytelling just time time for the holidays and Oscar pick season. I'm psyched.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:46 am

Somber wrote:Anyway, hinds, bro, and swicked know what the four words, fifteen letters are.
Somber is the bomb. Coo

swicked wrote:It's the brushing that has to be put off due to finals, so... Hinds and myself are the ones taking the time we need ^_^;;
O. Hinds wrote:Sorry!
Cave of Fail! Slink! Now! Rage 

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Well, looks like I'm buying a ticket for the hype train, you guys.
Me too. Hey, Hinds, you know lots about trains; how big is the hype train?
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Somber wrote:It is too horrible...

Though... Kkat said she actually read a few chapters of Horizons and liked them so...

um...:
That's wonderful to hear! I've an idea how much this must mean to you.

Derpmind wrote:
Somber wrote:Anyway, hinds, bro, and swicked know what the four words, fifteen letters are.
Somber is the bomb. Coo

swicked wrote:It's the brushing that has to be put off due to finals, so... Hinds and myself are the ones taking the time we need ^_^;;
O. Hinds wrote:Sorry!

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Well, looks like I'm buying a ticket for the hype train, you guys.
Me too. Hey, Hinds, you know lots about trains; how big is the hype train?
No two hype trains are the same, but what they have in common is that their size is a monotonically increasing function as time to the destination falls; that's why they have a tendency to get so unbalanced.

And, yeah, count me in as a passenger, but I kind of feel like after this:
The Second to Last Paragraph of Chapter 62 Part One wrote:She was down there... Cognitum, and possibly Dawn too.  I could just go down there and end it.  Get my answers, stop her, and wake from this bad dream I’d been living for two months.  All it would take was for me to throw the lives of thousands into the wind.  “You’re lucky I have bigger things to worry about,” I growled, pointing a hoof at the glowing pit below me.  “But don’t get too comfortable.  The second I’m done here, you’re next.”  There was every possibility that this would get me killed, but, for the first time in a long time, I didn’t feel the slightest selfish hope that I’d die.
it's all downhill/falling action: to me, this is where Blackjack won. (Of course, there could be backslides.)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Somber wrote:I'm really really REALLY sorry but we won't be finishing 62b together.  Folks have finals this upcoming week.  So between thanksgiving last week and finals this week and... ugh...

Sorry everypony...

::Slinks off to the cave of fail::
Somber, relax. The rate at which you and the editmen crank out new chapters is already like fucking inhuman. With practically every other fic I've ever followed, I could expect, at best, maybe a 5-10k word chapter once every 3-6 months if at all. Somehow, you and the editing team have continuously been able to produce excellent 20-30k word chapters every 2 months or so for years.

We've stuck by you for this far, we won't suddenly abandon you or this fic after a few weeks.

Icy Shake wrote:And, yeah, count me in as a passenger, but I kind of feel like after this:
The Second to Last Paragraph of Chapter 62 Part One wrote:She was down there... Cognitum, and possibly Dawn too.  I could just go down there and end it.  Get my answers, stop her, and wake from this bad dream I’d been living for two months.  All it would take was for me to throw the lives of thousands into the wind.  “You’re lucky I have bigger things to worry about,” I growled, pointing a hoof at the glowing pit below me.  “But don’t get too comfortable.  The second I’m done here, you’re next.”  There was every possibility that this would get me killed, but, for the first time in a long time, I didn’t feel the slightest selfish hope that I’d die.
it's all downhill/falling action: to me, this is where Blackjack won. (Of course, there could be backslides.)
And then Blackjack wakes up in a ruined hospital room, the straps on her bed releasing now that the Happyhorn Simulation has finally completed its purpose.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Somber wrote:I'm really really REALLY sorry but we won't be finishing 62b together.  Folks have finals this upcoming week.  So between thanksgiving last week and finals this week and... ugh...

Sorry everypony...

::Slinks off to the cave of fail::
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this is a fail. It's not your fault this happened.

swicked wrote:By the way, this chapter is really great.
Not just Somber great, but Somber at his best great.
It's got action, gore, Rampage being Rampage, explosions, fighting, intrigue, sexy mares, sexy stallions, more explosions, dick jokes, the big showdown and... what was that? More explosions? Really? Well, alright then.
Also, like, three or four twists. Maybe five.
This chapter is going to screw you up.
My body is ready to commence with the screwing.Sweetie Belle 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:What I say still stands, take all the time ya'll need. Pretty sure everybody on the site understands the reasoning to take time off from nearly everything because of finals.
Yeah, what with one thing and another, I've had one "weekly" RPG session in the past month and a half.

I'm jonesin', man. Startin' to get the shakes...
Derpmind wrote:
Somber is the bomb. Coo
*uncontrollable giggling*

Derpmind wrote:Me too. Hey, Hinds, you know lots about trains; how big is the hype train?
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 H83FCBD26
Spike
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:50 pm

+1 for Johnny Bravo.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Somber = Rainbow
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Derpmind wrote:Me too. Hey, Hinds, you know lots about trains; how big is the hype train?
…Insufficient data. :)

Scienza wrote:The rate at which you and the editmen crank out new chapters is already like fucking inhuman. With practically every other fic I've ever followed, I could expect, at best, maybe a 5-10k word chapter once every 3-6 months if at all. Somehow, you and the editing team have continuously been able to produce excellent 20-30k word chapters every 2 months or so for years.
I still have trouble believing the "years" thing… It really doesnt't feel like it's been over two years. In any case, though, our production rate is still far below peak; we used to be able to manage thirty pages a week, IIRC.

Scienza wrote:And then Blackjack wakes up in a ruined hospital room, the straps on her bed releasing now that the Happyhorn Simulation has finally completed its purpose.
:D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:04 am

Scienza: I like it. Sweetie Belle

O. Hinds wrote:
Scienza wrote:The rate at which you and the editmen crank out new chapters is already like fucking inhuman. With practically every other fic I've ever followed, I could expect, at best, maybe a 5-10k word chapter once every 3-6 months if at all. Somehow, you and the editing team have continuously been able to produce excellent 20-30k word chapters every 2 months or so for years.
I still have trouble believing the "years" thing…  It really doesnt't feel like it's been over two years.  In any case, though, our production rate is still far below peak; we used to be able to manage thirty pages a week, IIRC.
Oh, you do recall correctly. I used to base my time on the assumption I'd be reading one once per week, plus sometimes a chapter of FoE (wait . . . used to?). The only time it really bit me was "Shadow of the Ministries": since the Google Docs (well, called that at the time, anyway) scroll bar maxed out for every chapter, I couldn't tell that it was three times or more the length of a normal one. That experience, I believe, was what led me to adopt the habit of watching how much screen distance of the scroll bar is covered by a page-down. But back to the update pace: yes, at peak, you were going at a rate of over one million words per year. And good ones, too.

Anyway, read chapter thirty four today; I remember, nearly two years ago now, when "Black" was released and (since individual story updates got their own Equestria Daily posts at the time) the EqD admin posting the update remarked that he didn't know how the story could continue after it, but that it would. This gave the answer to how that would happen, and along the way gave some very interesting world-building and fun times. I've gone back to parts of it before, mostly the star scene, but never the whole thing. It's held up well, not only as a great continuation from the previous chapter, but as an example of the range the story hits.

Chapter Thirty Four Running Thoughts:
Chapter Thirty Four Overall Thoughts:
Other Chapter Editing:
Chapter Thirty Four Editing Matters:
So, yeah, does anyone remember who the gold, green, pair of pink, and lavender and purple stars were?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:09 am

Icy Shake wrote:Scienza: I like it. Sweetie Belle

O. Hinds wrote:
I still have trouble believing the "years" thing…  It really doesnt't feel like it's been over two years.  In any case, though, our production rate is still far below peak; we used to be able to manage thirty pages a week, IIRC.
Oh, you do recall correctly. I used to base my time on the assumption I'd be reading one once per week, plus sometimes a chapter of FoE (wait . . . used to?). The only time it really bit me was "Shadow of the Ministries": since the Google Docs (well, called that at the time, anyway) scroll bar maxed out for every chapter, I couldn't tell that it was three times or more the length of a normal one. That experience, I believe, was what led me to adopt the habit of watching how much screen distance of the scroll bar is covered by a page-down. But back to the update pace: yes, at peak, you were going at a rate of over one million words per year. And good ones, too.

Anyway, read chapter thirty four today; I remember, nearly two years ago now, when "Black" was released and (since individual story updates got their own Equestria Daily posts at the time) the EqD admin posting the update remarked that he didn't know how the story could continue after it, but that it would. This gave the answer to how that would happen, and along the way gave some very interesting world-building and fun times. I've gone back to parts of it before, mostly the star scene, but never the whole thing. It's held up well, not only as a great continuation from the previous chapter, but as an example of the range the story hits.

Chapter Thirty Four Running Thoughts:
Chapter Thirty Four Overall Thoughts:
Other Chapter Editing:
Chapter Thirty Four Editing Matters:
So, yeah, does anyone remember who the gold, green, pair of pink, and lavender and purple stars were?
Wow, two years since Black? Anyway, thank you very much as always.

Icy Shake wrote:also the characterization thing I said in the running commentary
Please recall that I make the corrections before reading either commentary, so this isn't very helpful. In case I've been thinking that it was clearer than it actually is, my workflow is other chapter corrections->main chapter corrections->running commentary->overall commentary. Thank you very much for pointing out the problem, though; it has now been fixed.

Icy Shake wrote:Ah, yes. I remember this door and the months of speculation it fueled, not to mention some heated discussion of the mechanics of doors and how or why different locking mechanisms would be installed on them, and at what point, and the bureaucratic decision-making process of assigning offices, and more. It was probably even bigger than the Great Train Discussion of summer 2012.
:D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:23 am

Icy Shake wrote:So, yeah, does anyone remember who the gold, green, pair of pink, and lavender and purple stars were?
I believe we got Word of God that green and gold was Vanity and Blueblood.

As for the pink siblings with purple and lavender parents, I've never seen a solid theory. My best guess would be to look back and see if you could find a nuclear family (ha ha ha) that died during the course of the story. On the other hand, AJ, Pinkie, and Rarity are hanging around, waiting for Fluttershy, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash (and Applesnack)... so it's not necessarily a family that died all at once. And it could also be someone from FoE.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:39 am

Think of another side fic with a little pink protagonist...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:39 am

Huh. I guess Pinkie Pie and Puppy would get along well, wouldn't they.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Well, Puppy did meet the Pinkiebot and that didn't go well.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Aonee wrote:Huh. I guess Pinkie Pie and Puppy would get along well, wouldn't they.
She would, wouldn't she?

Although, Pink Eyes is kinda weird chronologically, since it's set decently far into the Steel Rangers Schism, while, if I recall, Black is right at the beginning (since Steel Rain refers to the raid on Stable 2 as concurrent with the Ranger-Reaper War).

Of course, though, it's probably just a nice nod to another fic and I'm overanalyzing disparate continuities.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Chapter Thirty Four Running Thoughts

I'm taking a moment to say that these reviews of old chapters are great to read, especially for people like me with poor memories who don't reread often. There's even bonus content regarding the comments, too. I remember the door discussion... ah, the memories.

Since you just finished Black, do you remember the names of those three aboard the Seahorse? Were they even all mentioned? I think one was Nails, the Harbinger. But I can't remember the one on the bridge or the one as of yet unmentioned.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Put all the summary thoughts on one web page, make the background yellow and call it "Project Horizons: The Unauthorized Cliff's Notes."
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:54 pm

So I was looking at old chapters, and chapter 14 gives the strangest error. Check it out.

"File is in owner's trash
You will soon permanently lose access to this file.
For continued access, please make a copy.
Comments will not be copied to the new document."

You press a button that copies it to a new google doc, for whatever reason. I hope the chapter doesn't get accidentally deleted, so please fix whatever the heck is going on there.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Chapter Thirty Four Running Thoughts

I'm taking a moment to say that these reviews of old chapters are great to read, especially for people like me with poor memories who don't reread often. There's even bonus content regarding the comments, too. I remember the door discussion... ah, the memories.

Since you just finished Black, do you remember the names of those three aboard the Seahorse? Were they even all mentioned? I think one was Nails, the Harbinger. But I can't remember the one on the bridge or the one as of yet unmentioned.
Here's what I know about the four (or five) on the Seahorse:
We have two and a half names. Nails was one, and yes, he was the Harbinger who didn't reveal her location. There was also Clink, who subsequently got shot for being a repeat offender. Our half-a-name is "Nicked Jewels," from the museum. I'm guessing that the way he got his nickname is also the reason you forgot (and, I'll admit, I had forgotten) he was involved.
So there's one left who hasn't really been given an identity, or one that I remember, anyway.
At least one was from Fallen Arch, and one was Sidewinder's (the old leader of the Pecos) brother.
One got his guts blown out by a magic bullet, and so likely was not included among the four that Blackjack counted herself as saving through her forgiveness and leniency, but there was a lot going on in the scene, the viewpoint character was blind, and she could only pick out the voices starting in the middle, so I'm not entirely sure.

Possible error in 18:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:27 pm

Derpmind wrote:So I was looking at old chapters, and chapter 14 gives the strangest error. Check it out.

"File is in owner's trash
You will soon permanently lose access to this file.
For continued access, please make a copy.
Comments will not be copied to the new document."

You press a button that copies it to a new google doc, for whatever reason. I hope the chapter doesn't get accidentally deleted, so please fix whatever the heck is going on there.
Eh? That is quite peculiar. Thank you very much for notifying us! I don't know what the problem was, but I've now made a copy with myself as the owner and updated the hub page link.
Is this happening to any other chapters?

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:31 pm

Oh, dear me, yes; the same affliction befell Chapter Thirty! It has now also been copied, though I can't get into the hub page to update the link.

Continuing to check chapters…
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:40 pm

56 was out too.  Thank you inestimably much, Derpmind!

Okay, that looks like all of them, clear through 62 Part Two (which, of course, hasn't been released yet).  I've also now been able to get onto the hub page, so the links are updated.

Please let us know immediately if you discover this happening to any other chapters; the idea of losing any of PH is terrifying.

Last edited by O. Hinds on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:13 am

I've also just downloaded all of PH, including the unfinished second part of 62 and the hub page, just in case.

On the plus side, this spurred me to finally clean up the file names and my personal organization of them.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:43 am

Thank you very, very much, Derpmind; it turns out that Somber's personal backups of PH are currently sitting on a dead backup drive, so if you hadn't caught this before any actual damage was done...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:09 am

Somber wrote:Think of another side fic with a little pink protagonist...
Oh. I didn't know she had a sister.
Not that I would know, given how little of it I read...

Aonee wrote:Huh. I guess Pinkie Pie and Puppy would get along well, wouldn't they.
Well... maybe, but the "cheery pink" star was separate from the "pair of pink motes". Can somepony who did read that fic fill me in, maybe?

O. Hinds wrote:Thank you very, very much, Derpmind; it turns out that Somber's personal backups of PH are currently sitting on a dead backup drive, so if you hadn't caught this before any actual damage was done...
Whew! Three cheers for Derpmind!

Hip-hip...  Fluttershy yay

Hip-hip...  Fluttershy yay

Hip-hip...  GAAAAAAAAASP  Fluttershyyaaaay

Shy Too loud?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:10 am

It was pink eyes and her mom playing with thorn and roses.

And thank you so very much Derpmind!  ::hugs::
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next