Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+12
Icy Shake
CamoBadger
Stringtheory
StoneSlinger88
Frost
cb5
Scienza
Somber
Moodyman90
Meleagridis
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
16 posters

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 24 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Question: does healing potion allow skin to regrow on an alive subject that was, erm... flayed alive... or do you think you would need hydra for that?

Because in the former case, they wouldn't actually need to kill someone for the procedure, just to drug him/her enough that he/she stays unconscious for all the duration until the new skin regrow. Though that would be one serious case of rape-analogy...

In the later case, though, it would mean murder, as Hydra cannot be manufactured since the Gardens of Equestria removed all trace of Flux from the environment.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 24 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Meleagridis Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:56 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:To add to what Hinds just said, the "automated city" you are probably thinking about is the Stalliongrad Underground Manufacturing Facilities.
Right, that's the one. I think I missed Geneighva.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Question: does healing potion allow skin to regrow on an alive subject that was, erm... flayed alive... or do you think you would need hydra for that?

Because in the former case, they wouldn't actually need to kill someone for the procedure, just to drug him/her enough that he/she stays unconscious for all the duration until the new skin regrow. Though that would be one serious case of rape-analogy...

In the later case, though, it would mean murder, as Hydra cannot be manufactured since the Gardens of Equestria removed all trace of Flux from the environment.
What happened to Zenith? I can't remember how she got better after they pulled out of danger.

Flux may be present in hydra, but that's doesn't mean it's a required ingredient. If hydras keep true to their invulnerable mythological counterparts, it might be possible to distill that magic with some old-fangled zebra houdou or somesuch.

Do ghouls have deadened nerve endings at all? Is there a synthetic solution?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:13 pm

Well, I don't remember exactly what happened in Flank, but it seems the hydra blood alone wasn't sufficient to create "Hydra". So even if you managed to have hydras available, I'm not sure about how efficient a potion you could make.

Maybe there's a way to do it with some zebra houdou, like you say, but ideally I'd like to keep Hydra one of these rare "things that were better in the Wasteland", by a cruel twist of fate.

I like the idea of a number of veterans from the Bitter War still being disabled to this day. And also, it adds a number of potentially interesting things for the setting; like giving a real reason for people to want cybernetics, or for scientists and arcano-technicians to try and manufacture/re-grow new limbs & organs.

It also creates a whole business around body parts, and this creates a number of interesting possibilities (like what I said in my above posts, for example).

I dunno. What's your thoughts on the matter?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:15 pm

As for ghoul nerve-endings, I don't know. Is there words about that in FoE or PH?

My general answer would tend to be "it vary depending on the ghoul, the specific body part and how badly it's damaged".

I suppose the less skin they have, the less functional nerve endings they have?

Now, to know if they can regenerate those nerve endings? I dunno. I guess it's a question of knowing if healing potion does the trick or not.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Oh, and for the ghouls who aren't wealthy enough, there's probably a whole business of cosmetic spells, potions and other consumables.

"Geneigh Maybelline!"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Harmony wrote:Now I'm wondering about the specifics of such surgeries: how effective they are in restoring a "normal" appearance, if they are permanent or if they have to be periodically re-done as the flesh start decaying again, and in that case often it has to be done...

At a guess, I'd think the answers would be "it depends on how skilled the surgeon you are employing is", "yes" and "don't ask", in that order.

Such that you could judge the wealth of a ghoul just by how "smooth" (normal) it looks.

(also, don't ask where the flesh comes from...)

Spoiler:
Hm, some of the Profectum ghouls probably do go for this, actually (while some others wear their appearances with pride and many others don't care), and the skin grafts for that are probably purpose-grown. There are probably people on both sides interested in studying the other's techniques.

What if the flesh was actually an separate, engineered parasitic organism?

Harmony wrote:Question: does healing potion allow skin to regrow on an alive subject that was, erm... flayed alive... or do you think you would need hydra for that?

What delightful ideas. :D
As for needing Hydra, hm. I'm not sure. There might be another way to regrow the "donor's" skin, though, if healing potions aren't enough.

Meleagridis wrote:What happened to Zenith? I can't remember how she got better after they pulled out of danger.
Ah, of course! Thank you for the reminder.
Okay, having done some searching, it looks like healing potions and intensive healing spells were enough for Xenith.

Meleagridis wrote:Flux may be present in hydra, but that's doesn't mean it's a required ingredient. If hydras keep true to their invulnerable mythological counterparts, it might be possible to distill that magic with some old-fangled zebra houdou or somesuch.
Hm, good point.

Meleagridis wrote:Do ghouls have deadened nerve endings at all? Is there a synthetic solution?
That I do not know, but it's clear that they at least have some sort of magical analogue to nerve endings, I think.

Harmony wrote:Well, I don't remember exactly what happened in Flank, but it seems the hydra blood alone wasn't sufficient to create "Hydra". So even if you managed to have hydras available, I'm not sure about how efficient a potion you could make.

Maybe there's a way to do it with some zebra houdou, like you say, but ideally I'd like to keep Hydra one of these rare "things that were better in the Wasteland", by a cruel twist of fate.
Mm. Flux seems to make Hydra production easier, at least.

Harmony wrote:I like the idea of a number of veterans from the Bitter War still being disabled to this day. And also, it adds a number of potentially interesting things for the setting; like giving a real reason for people to want cybernetics, or for scientists and arcano-technicians to try and manufacture/re-grow new limbs & organs.

It also creates a whole business around body parts, and this creates a number of interesting possibilities (like what I said in my above posts, for example).
Indeed that does create a lot of possibilities! The best* source of cybernetics in the modern world is the Elusive Company… but that's a rather significant asterisk. Elusive expects to be paid, after all, and the miniature version of him programmed into your new limbs will make sure you don't run out on the debt (and get you a giant "SECURITY RISK" stamp on your NCR file).

There's also Hoofington, potentially, but right now in the metatime that could range from "Cybernetics? From that smoking crater?" to "Free and catchless replacement limbs and organs for everyone on the peninsula!"

I'm sure that the NCR is for a variety of reasons working on its own cybernetics and alchemic enchancements.

Oh, and it occurs to me that, if Blackjack is still running around, she may not be particularly enthused about a computer openly bent on world domination tempting ponies with catch-laden cybernetics… particularly since, while he'll often give the disabled cybernetics at below cost, he has no objections to getting out the saws if the person in question can (one way or another) pay full price.

Harmony wrote:Oh, and for the ghouls who aren't wealthy enough, there's probably a whole business of cosmetic spells, potions and other consumables.

Harmony wrote:"Geneigh Maybelline!"
I assume that that's a reference to something?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:05 am

"Gemey Maybelline" is a real-world brand of cosmetics.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:41 am

And now I want to write a scene with someone meeting Lady Edelweiss of the Lake Keep for the first time...

Well, in the meantime, I guess I can work on her Bio?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:41 am

Harmony wrote:"Gemey Maybelline" is a real-world brand of cosmetics.
Ah, thank you.

Harmony wrote:And now I want to write a scene with someone meeting Lady Edelweiss of the Lake Keep for the first time...

Well, in the meantime, I guess I can work on her Bio?
...And again my memory is failing me.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:46 am

From the thing I'm currently writing have started a while ago and don't know if it will ever be finished:

radio news:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Ah, right, thanks. Sorry for forgetting.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:22 pm

No problem. I can't blame you for not remembering something that's for now still only sitting on my hard-drive (and on the cloud, too, but that's irrelevant...).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Funny thought:

So, if people remember, Geneighva is cut between the Nobles on one side, who originally come from the stable holding all the advanced medical facilities of the city-state; the old garrison of the city, which took over the stable holding the blueprints and equipment to build almost all of Stable-tec's tech designs; and the common people and workers, who turned what was basically holes in the ground into a network of intertwined tunnels and caverns able to sustain generations upon generations of ponies with the digging and life support equipment that they found.

Nowadays, there's basically three major Corporations in Geneighva, which trace their lineage back to the Great War era:

- White Peaks Incorporated, the monopoly holding all the rights over the city-state's advanced medical facilities and research centers, dominated by the Aristocrat faction;
- Aegis Security, the structure directing all of the city-state's defenses, internal and external, dominated by the Garrison faction; and
- STED (an acronym for Stable-Tec Engineering Division, which has lost its original meaning seeing as the parent company doesn't exist anymore), holding the monopoly over the city's advanced engineering and manufacturing equipment, equally held between the three major factions of the city-state (the Aristocrats, the Garrison, and the Common).

The funny thought?

Aegis Security loaning some of its personnel to foreign clients, to serve as "security consultants" (read: mercenaries).

Yep. The Swiss Guards in a post-apocalyptic setting, with a corporate varnish on top.

Also, if you follow what I wrote above, you probably won't have missed that the Common faction is very under-represented in the circle of power up there. Needless to say, the people of Geneighva also remarked it. But heh, at least there's a charter in place that leave them the right to free enterprise, and they sure are taking this to their advantage, seeing the plethora of minor "corporations" that exist in the city-state.

Strangely enough, since the NCR started policing its money, banking has become a very profitable business in Geneighva.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:12 pm

By the way, I seem to remember an "Aegis Security" corporation being mentioned in PH. What kind of informations do we have on it?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Harmony wrote:Aegis Security loaning some of its personnel to foreign clients, to serve as "security consultants" (read: mercenaries).

Yep. The Swiss Guards in a post-apocalyptic setting, with a corporate varnish on top.
Heh.

Harmony wrote:Strangely enough, since the NCR started policing its money, banking has become a very profitable business in Geneighva.
Hm, I wonder why? Surely there aren't any people wanting to hide their transactions for some reason…

On a related note, would the Geneighvese allow an Alliance embassy? On the one hoof, it would bring additional business and trade, and it could be used as leverage for better deals with the NCR. On the other, the Company has various subsidiaries in direct competition to Geeneighvese businesses, including the big three, in a way that not many other entities do, and letting the Alliance in is likely to annoy the NCR. And, of course, there are the rumors (unsubstantiated, of course) that Elusive isn't above continuing the Pax Roamana's stealth-suit-assisted intensive reconnaissance.

Harmony wrote:By the way, I seem to remember an "Aegis Security" corporation being mentioned in PH. What kind of informations do we have on it?
None from FoE.
PH:
Half of Hoofington was probably connected to the M.W.T. in some way. Ironshod. Robronco. Flash Industries. Aegis Security. Boom Incorporated. They were all developing weapons for the war effort.
next time,” Applejack said with a sigh, “Looks like I’m gonna have to skip lunch. Gotta head over to Aegis next and see how they’re working on the latest combat armor.”
He looked skeptical as I pulled out the pieces of blue armor and saw that, to make the icing perfect, ‘Aegis Security’ had already been printed upon the plates. “Oh, I could kiss you!” I said as I hefted the armor.
The Aegis Security combat armor had pockets and holsters for most of these weapons.
a stained coffee cup marked ‘Aegis Security’.
The walls of the tunnel had been painted a noxious green, and over the entrance were the words ‘Hoofington Industrial Access Tunnel #1’. Beneath that, ‘Restricted Area’ and beneath that: ‘Protected by Aegis Securities’.
I’d direct you to the Aegis Security headquarters, but it took a direct hit from a balefire missile. There’s naught left but a crater.
I was in my blue and black Aegis Security armor
So not a lot, really, though there's probably a fair amount deducible from what little we do have.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:06 pm

Re Alliance Embassy: Well, taking into account what you said, and the fact that the NCR doesn't try to hide the fact it consider Geneighva to be under its protection, the Noble Republic of Geneighva probably consider it safer to not have an official Alliance Embassy.

On the other hand, nothing stops them from having a local office of the Elusive Company with which they could conduct business, and surely nothing else.

Re Aegis Security: Thus we know that not only did they play as a security firm, they were also involved in the development and also probably production of combat armor. So the question would be: what "shares" of the corporation did Geneighva inherit?

I'd think the R&D was located in Hoofington, so that "share" has probably been lost. I'd tend to think the local headquarter in Geneighva would probably be something along the line of the "Operations" and "Support" departments: respectively the actual security jobs, and the recruitment, training and logistical support of the company's personel.

Hmmm... Thinking of it, it's possible the garrison of Geneighva may have been largely composed of Aegis Security personnel in the late stage of the war, neatly explaining how little scruples they had in taking over a stable for their own profit when the bombs fell. This would also neatly explain why their company still live to this day:

- White Peaks Incorporated survive because its leaders took refuge into the Demonstration Stable, and most are still alive today, with the grand-daughter of the company's founder having been at its head for at least a century now.
- STED is still operational because a non-negligible of the survivors making up the Common faction were Stable-Tec workers.
- Aegis Security continues to exist because, well, there's never ceased to be a business for Security since the bombs fell.

Anyway, even if they didn't have R&D laboratories in Geneighva, it's possible they still had the blueprints for most of their gear, at least as a backup. So I would tend to think that Geneighvan troops are at least well armored in standard - better than the standard NCR trooper, at least.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Now I'm prompted to think about just what Geneighva did during the Great War...

I think I've already established it was an important Stable-Tec hub of activity, given their engineering division was there, as can also attest the sheer number of Stables builts everywhere in the neighborhood (1 in the city, 1 in the periphery, and a... hard to quantify... number of "experimental" ones basically amounting to holes in the ground).

However, my latest posts also hint to the fact that there was a large coporate presence in the city that was not exclusively Stable-Tec.

I think Geneighva may have been attracting the "administrations" of the various Equestrian corporations, seeing as the city was set in a beautiful landscape, and probably far more pleasant to live in on a day-to-day basis than Hoofington, and maybe more prestigious than Manehatten.

Also, thinking about it, one of the reason why even to this day pre-war corporations continue to be so important in Geneighva may have something to do with the fact that most of love who took refuge in the Demonstration Stable, and were subsequently turned into immortal ghouls, were the leaders of those corporations.

Hmmm... Food for thought. I'll have to get back on this later.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Harmony wrote:Re Alliance Embassy: Well, taking into account what you said, and the fact that the NCR doesn't try to hide the fact it consider Geneighva to be under its protection, the Noble Republic of Geneighva probably consider it safer to not have an official Alliance Embassy.

On the other hand, nothing stops them from having a local office of the Elusive Company with which they could conduct business, and surely nothing else.
Of course. :)

Harmony wrote:Re Aegis Security: Thus we know that not only did they play as a security firm, they were also involved in the development and also probably production of combat armor. So the question would be: what "shares" of the corporation did Geneighva inherit?

I'd think the R&D was located in Hoofington, so that "share" has probably been lost. I'd tend to think the local headquarter in Geneighva would probably be something along the line of the "Operations" and "Support" departments: respectively the actual security jobs, and the recruitment, training and logistical support of the company's personel.

Hmmm... Thinking of it, it's possible the garrison of Geneighva may have been largely composed of Aegis Security personnel in the late stage of the war, neatly explaining how little scruples they had in taking over a stable for their own profit when the bombs fell. This would also neatly explain why their company still live to this day:

- White Peaks Incorporated survive because its leaders took refuge into the Demonstration Stable, and most are still alive today, with the grand-daughter of the company's founder having been at its head for at least a century now.
- STED is still operational because a non-negligible of the survivors making up the Common faction were Stable-Tec workers.
- Aegis Security continues to exist because, well, there's never ceased to be a business for Security since the bombs fell.

Anyway, even if they didn't have R&D laboratories in Geneighva, it's possible they still had the blueprints for most of their gear, at least as a backup. So I would tend to think that Geneighvan troops are at least well armored in standard - better than the standard NCR trooper, at least.
Sounds good.

Harmony wrote:Now I'm prompted to think about just what Geneighva did during the Great War...

I think I've already established it was an important Stable-Tec hub of activity, given their engineering division was there, as can also attest the sheer number of Stables builts everywhere in the neighborhood (1 in the city, 1 in the periphery, and a... hard to quantify... number of "experimental" ones basically amounting to holes in the ground).

However, my latest posts also hint to the fact that there was a large coporate presence in the city that was not exclusively Stable-Tec.

I think Geneighva may have been attracting the "administrations" of the various Equestrian corporations, seeing as the city was set in a beautiful landscape, and probably far more pleasant to live in on a day-to-day basis than Hoofington, and maybe more prestigious than Manehatten.

Also, thinking about it, one of the reason why even to this day pre-war corporations continue to be so important in Geneighva may have something to do with the fact that most of love who took refuge in the Demonstration Stable, and were subsequently turned into immortal ghouls, were the leaders of those corporations.

Hmmm... Food for thought. I'll have to get back on this later.
…Most of love? I think that something went wrong with your words there. In any case, though, that sounds like a good idea.
So, adding Geneighva to my informal city-things list (which I've not until now even bothered to type up):
Manehattan: largest city
Canterlot: government and the nobility
Hoofington: research and development
Fillydelphia: industry (though seeing competition for the title from Stalliongrad later in the war), except for shipbuilding
San Frantello: shipbuilding and the navy
Geneighva: corporate executives
There were outcroppings elsewhere, of course (notable for me being Apple Pancake, partly from sheer contrariness, building APE's new combination headquarters and research and development facility out in the middle of the Moojave), but I imagine those as being the things that the cities were commonly known for.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:53 pm

Hm, does Geneighva try to claim the ruins of Canterlot at all?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:50 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote: and the common people and workers, who turned what was basically holes in the ground into a network of intertwined tunnels and caverns able to sustain generations upon generations of ponies with the digging and life support equipment that they found
Lower class labourers with tunnels and uppity nobles. Sounds like a mix for a good powder keg. Who needs hellhounds?

Harmony Ltd. wrote:"Gemey Maybelline" is a real-world brand of cosmetics.

"Where did he get that silky smooth coat?"
"Maybe he mutated it."
"Maybe it's Maybelline."

O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:
Hm, some of the Profectum ghouls probably do go for this, actually (while some others wear their appearances with pride and many others don't care), and the skin grafts for that are probably purpose-grown.  There are probably people on both sides interested in studying the other's techniques.

What if the flesh was actually an separate, engineered parasitic organism?[/quote]
Then it would develop rational thought and either start to murder its hosts, control them, or petition for a union.
Okay, maybe that wouldn't happen after Fallout 2... but before then...
Could one engineer a fungus to emulate skin?

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, of course!  Thank you for the reminder.
Okay, having done some searching, it looks like healing potions and intensive healing spells were enough for Xenith.
Oh, thanks. I imagine that takes too long (and seems way too uncomfortable) for donorship...

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well, I don't remember exactly what happened in Flank, but it seems the hydra blood alone wasn't sufficient to create "Hydra". So even if you managed to have hydras available, I'm not sure about how efficient a potion you could make.

I like the idea of a number of veterans from the Bitter War still being disabled to this day. And also, it adds a number of potentially interesting things for the setting; like giving a real reason for people to want cybernetics, or for scientists and arcano-technicians to try and manufacture/re-grow new limbs & organs.

I dunno. What's your thoughts on the matter?

Hydras:
So I'm not sure if the key ingredient is blood or some other magic phlebotonium that's harder to clone, but it's not good for the hydra in large doses, and leads to death. Add in the fact that hydras are grossly endangered (and probably were before the war, starting about 10 minutes after Hydra the drug was invented).
Also thinking that addiction isn't addiction in the traditional sense. 'Addicts' to Hydra can't heal themselves if they're not on the drug (magic works, but they steel feel terrible and stunted).
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:55 am

O. Hinds wrote:Hm, does Geneighva try to claim the ruins of Canterlot at all?
Well, considering it's smack dab in the territories of the NCR, no, I don't think so.

Though it's probable the NCR subsidiary of STED helps the digging operations at the Canterlot Ruins. Chrysalis 

Meleagridis wrote:Lower class labourers with tunnels and uppity nobles. Sounds like a mix for a good powder keg. Who needs hellhounds?
Well, to be fair, they enjoy better life conditions than most people in the Wasteland. It's simply that politically speaking, they are at the bottom of the barrel in the Noble Republic's system.

What power they have, is economical. They're the working hooves of Geneighva.

I'm not saying there's never been trouble, or that there will never be any. But they've survived, and thrived, for more than two hundred years like that. So there's probably something they do relatively right.

Meleagridis wrote:Then it would develop rational thought and either start to murder its hosts, control them, or petition for a union.
Could one engineer a fungus to emulate skin?
Heh. Well, I don't know, but given the setting run on weird science and literal magic, why not?

Meleagridis wrote:Oh, thanks. I imagine that takes too long (and seems way too uncomfortable) for donorship...
That's why I mentioned sedation. Though given the time it would take, that would more probably be "chemically induced coma".

RE Hydras: Well, we can keep it vague enough for people to come out with their own answers. As long as it is agreed that, without flux, it is really hard to manufacture Hydra, at least in large enough quantities for it to be more than a one off thing (thinking of it, Flux may have been used as a form of "diluent", to have more finished product quantity with the same quantity of raw primary ingredients).

Also, I like that idea regarding Hydra addicts. Was there words in FoE or PH about Hydra addiction?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:08 am

So, remember that in Fallout 2, the model of the car was a "Chrysalis Highwayman"?

Chrysalis

I think there's jokes to be made over that.

Anyway, I had a thought regarding the Miliozi and their culture.

Given there's no civilians over there, and that everyone is (I'd think) expected to be in top physical and mental condition, I was thinking that things like obesity, drug addiction, and other conditions negatively affecting one's performances resulting from lifestyle choices would be seen as some sort of social capital sin. Thoughts?

Also, how do they treat, socially speaking, with the inevitable percentage of the population that is medically unfit for service through no choice of their own?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Then it would develop rational thought and either start to murder its hosts, control them, or petition for a union.
:D

Meleagridis wrote:Could one engineer a fungus to emulate skin?
Probably.

Meleagridis wrote:Oh, thanks. I imagine that takes too long (and seems way too uncomfortable) for donorship...
Well, voluntary donorship…

Meleagridis wrote:<hydra skit and stuff>
I do enjoy reading your writing. :D

Harmony wrote:Also, I like that idea regarding Hydra addicts. Was there words in FoE or PH about Hydra addiction?
I don't recall any, but I too like the idea.

Harmony wrote:So, remember that in Fallout 2, the model of the car was a "Chrysalis Highwayman"?

Chrysalis

What do you mean?

Harmony wrote:Given there's no civilians over there, and that everyone is (I'd think) expected to be in top physical and mental condition, I was thinking that things like obesity, drug addiction, and other conditions negatively affecting one's performances resulting from lifestyle choices would be seen as some sort of social capital sin. Thoughts?
Pretty much, though drug addiction has a caveat: they haven't been needed in over a century, but there are protocols (official and social) in place for addiction to combat chems developed in the line of duty. The Miliozi disapprove of the use on non-healing chems under normal conditions, but, like the Pax Roamana before them, they'd deploy them to the possible point of abuse if they were desperate enough.

Harmony wrote:Also, how do they treat, socially speaking, with the inevitable percentage of the population that is medically unfit for service through no choice of their own?
Well, firstly, almost everyone will be fit for some sort of service, a desk job or an educational position or something. They'll be expected to work hard to be good at their jobs, though, since they can't just be rotated to any other duty if they fail. To be rendered completely unfit for any sort of duty would probably require some extremely debilitating brain problem, given the state of Alliance medical technology. The Miliozi have their own cybernetics, which it's unlikely many foreigners would buy even if they were for sale. Company cybernetics have a wide range of cosmetic and accessory options and come with sophisticated pain management systems; Miliozi cybernetics come in milspec and with the advice that working through pain builds character. Declining cybernetics when they're offered (if the pony in question is, say, known for their skill in a particular home front profession that they're still fully able to pursue, it might be decided to just put them there and save the resources required for augmentation) would remove the "through no choice of their own" bit, of course, with everything that comes with that; the only other socially acceptable option is removing oneself as a drain on the Miliozi (which option is recommended varies depending on whether the patient in question is thought to have received their condition honorably (through a birth defect, a disease, or an act of heroism, for instance; "I blew my leg off while drunk and juggling live grenades" is probably going to get the second option recommended)). The people with conditions that not even intensive cyberization can help with, well there aren't many of them, but, if they're not even capable of communication, they're euthanized. If they are capable, they can still try to contribute (think Stephen Hawking), and, whether they succeed or not, they'll be admired for it; perseverance in the face of extreme adversity and hardship is seen as a very positive quality in Miliozi culture, given that the Miliozi wouldn't exist without it. Euthanasia is still an option if they want it, though.

There are many, many things besides the steep entry requirements keeping external recruitment so low as to be basically nonexistent.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:42 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Harmony wrote:So, remember that in Fallout 2, the model of the car was a "Chrysalis Highwayman"?

Chrysalis

What do you mean?
[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 24 My_chrysalis_highwayman_by_darth_biomech-d63d7to
http://darth-biomech.deviantart.com/art/My-Chrysalis-Highwayman-368452572

"Get off my ride."

Oh, and I think I have found the ambiance track for the borough of Princesses Heights in Manehatten.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:18 pm

:D to both.

Now, the question is, will there be a legitimate family business that just happened to find a cache of Bitter weaponry at some point?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:46 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
That's when things get... complicated.

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:12 pm

I've been using that emoticon a lot here recently.

Last edited by O. Hinds on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:22 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Now, the question is, will there be a legitimate family business that just happened to find a cache of Bitter weaponry at some point?
Well, I suppose it's the kind of things that could happen. Could.

It would be good money on the black market, at the very least.

I'm just wondering what kind of thugs would have use for power armors and disintegration guns?...  Crazy

I mean, apart from re-selling it outside of the NCR to some local warlords...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:55 pm

For a change of atmosphere, let's try to define a bit more stuff in the East. After all, we haven't touched much on what's there, apart from Stalliongrad (and even then, I currently have no idea of what things are like there in 30 SR).

So, Neighpon?

I think I remember suggesting that the city was built at the foot of a volcano, kind of like Napoli with the Vesuve. I also talked about geothermal power, though not in any kind of depth: it could as well have been a few little experiments, or a full-blown industrial scale exploitation of the thing feeding the whole electrical network of the city and the neighboring countryside.

I also remember suggesting the idea that the city was originally a Porca-Porcan counter that got taken over by the Equestrian during the colonization of the peninsula, leading to the idea that the place may have had some sort of Porca-porcan equivalent to a "Chinatown".

And that's it, pretty much. I haven't touched on that place beyond that. So.

I need suggestions. I need ideas. I need... I need... I need photos of Spiderman!
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:17 pm

We also need to define Kalcolta, too. I don't remember we had discussed anything about it, apart from joking about brahmins and stuff. But that niche is already taken by the Moojave, so it would feel redundant, especially given how close the two are.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next