Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+20
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Craterfist
Tytan
Derpmind
cb5
Kattlarv
Katarn
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Kippershy
Frost
24 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:52 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Archimedes
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Kattlarv wrote: Been disappoint by a few batman movies that played like dumb anime's.
Protip: Tim Burton movies are alright. Dark Knight Saga rocks. Batman and Robin should have all copies buried out in the desert, along with all the props and anyone involved in it.
 lol, bat credit card.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Now now Frost, that's no way to win over my heart. Gotta be able to enjoy the silly things.
Also, I'd like to note I've been awake since roughly 12pm midday... yesterday.
Not that it really is anything to brag about (especially seeing as I did a 9 day straight run once) or that it's changed my habits too much yet, but yeah. Slowly, slowly.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
@Frost: Allright. I'll give it a look sometime later as said. For now, I gotta take time to tenderly caress my lizard, while plotting my next move.
[evil laughter intensifies]

@Robo: Actually, that IS Shining, not 63 xD For all I recall. That's just the artists style x3
...Still cute.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:32 pm

swicked wrote:Hey, frost, I'm curious, are there were any ponies in the show you actually like?
Additionally, of the fanfics you have read, are there any takes on canon characters that particularly appeal to you?

This is sorta an open question to everyone, but I don't recall anyone so overwhelmingly and consistently expressing hatred for the entire cast of the show as frost does.
Hmm.  I like some of the secondary characters more.  I haven't ever particullary liked Twilight.  Rarity is pretty greedy for the element of generosity.  Fluttershy is okay, but kind of over rated from all the people that go "oh she'd be the perfectest wife ever" guys she's a cartoon character, you can't marry a cartoon character . . Well you can marry a video game in japan, but japan's kind of weird.  Pinkie pie I like.  AJ is the most sane of the mane 6.  Rainbow Dash I like the best cause the fact that she's a tomboy who pisses off soccer moms for having rainbow color hair and even though it's been stated that she's not gay there's still people that get super butthurt over her is hilarious.  I bet when they added her to the main character list Studio B was humming the trolololo song the entire time cause it's been three years since the show has started airing and there's still internet fights over her sexuality.
Kattlarv wrote:Also, on a different note: Anyone else dislike the new EQD look? Mostly dislike it as I have no way of telling what was the last page I looked at as they don't shift color when clicked now. So I got no idea what the last ex: drawfriend or music of the day was. Or if I already clicked it.
Yeah, the color scheme is shit.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:45 pm

cb5 wrote:Hmm.  I like some of the secondary characters more.
Which ones, in particular?
cb5 wrote:I haven't ever particullary liked Twilight.
As we've discussed on this forum before, she's not actually all that intelligent. She can't solve any problems or even think for herself, just look it up in a book.
cb5 wrote:Rarity is pretty greedy for the element of generosity.
Exactly. See: The incident where she incurred the wrath of a dragon after trying to swindle it out of its gems
cb5 wrote:Fluttershy is okay, but kind of over rated from all the people that go "oh she'd be the perfectest wife ever" guys she's a cartoon character, you can't marry a cartoon character . .
I guess that's part of the fantasy of having a perfectly delicate, submissive wife that relies on you for everything? As several folks here have mentioned before, that's not appealing, that's unsettling.
cb5 wrote:Well you can marry a video game in japan, but japan's kind of weird.
I don't think I've made my point clear enough that Japan is really a dumb country. We shouldn't have stopped at nuking it twice.
cb5 wrote:Pinkie pie I like.  AJ is the most sane of the mane 6.  Rainbow Dash I like the best cause the fact that she's a tomboy who pisses off soccer moms for having rainbow color hair and even though it's been stated that she's not gay there's still people that get super butthurt over her is hilarious.  I bet when they added her to the main character list Studio B was humming the trolololo song the entire time cause it's been three years since the show has started airing and there's still internet fights over her sexuality.
What I wonder most of all is why anyone cares about her canon sexuality--fanfic writers have been showing us for decades that they don't really care about canon sexuality, even in stories that feature romance, and Lauren Faust made it clear that she wanted to keep romance out of the show proper. As far as canon is concerned, they're all asexual.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
cb5 wrote:Hmm.  I like some of the secondary characters more.
Which ones, in particular?
cb5 wrote:I haven't ever particullary liked Twilight.
As we've discussed on this forum before, she's not actually all that intelligent. She can't solve any problems or even think for herself, just look it up in a book.
cb5 wrote:Rarity is pretty greedy for the element of generosity.
Exactly. See: The incident where she incurred the wrath of a dragon after trying to swindle it out of its gems
cb5 wrote:Fluttershy is okay, but kind of over rated from all the people that go "oh she'd be the perfectest wife ever" guys she's a cartoon character, you can't marry a cartoon character . .
I guess that's part of the fantasy of having a perfectly delicate, submissive wife that relies on you for everything? As several folks here have mentioned before, that's not appealing, that's unsettling.
cb5 wrote:Well you can marry a video game in japan, but japan's kind of weird.
I don't think I've made my point clear enough that Japan is really a dumb country. We shouldn't have stopped at nuking it twice.
cb5 wrote:Pinkie pie I like.  AJ is the most sane of the mane 6.  Rainbow Dash I like the best cause the fact that she's a tomboy who pisses off soccer moms for having rainbow color hair and even though it's been stated that she's not gay there's still people that get super butthurt over her is hilarious.  I bet when they added her to the main character list Studio B was humming the trolololo song the entire time cause it's been three years since the show has started airing and there's still internet fights over her sexuality.
What I wonder most of all is why anyone cares about her canon sexuality--fanfic writers have been showing us for decades that they don't really care about canon sexuality, even in stories that feature romance, and Lauren Faust made it clear that she wanted to keep romance out of the show proper. As far as canon is concerned, they're all asexual.
My favorite secondary characters are the ones with more of a personality and have more depth to them. Like if you asked me Celestia vs Luna I'd say Luna cause the only things we know about Celestia is that she's a teacher and ruler of the country. I like big macintosh cause even though he rarely talks he does have a clearly defined personality.

You know what would have been funny for discord's return? If he gambled his freedom with twilight saying that if she could solve a rubix's cube then he would turn good, and then switch two of the stickers on the corner piece so that it was impossible to solve.

Yeah it's pretty unsettling that so many people think Fluttershy is their "wife". If it were that they liked her character and such that'd be fine, but that weird people use the term wife is kind of creepy. There's nothing particullary wrong with a submissive partner, cause there are a lot of people that do like being submissive, in a kinky way, but that the people go "fluttershy is my waifu wife" bumps up the creepy factor by ten. Hell there's people that say they can't date anyone that isn't like fluttershy. Now that's just fucking creepy.

I don't know why anybody really cares about character's canon sexuality either. It's a cartoon, so what? Shining Armor being married to Cadance doesn't stop crack shippers.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:15 pm

@Frost viz: California
Relevant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:33 pm

cb5 wrote:My favorite secondary characters are the ones with more of a personality and have more depth to them.  Like if you asked me Celestia vs Luna I'd say Luna cause the only things we know about Celestia is that she's a teacher and ruler of the country.
I think a big part of Luna's popularity is because we do have a canon personality for Celestia: a mean-spirited, manipulative troll who'd rather have social calls and teatime than actually run the fucking country.
cb5 wrote:You know what would have been funny for discord's return?  If he gambled his freedom with twilight saying that if she could solve a rubix's cube then he would turn good, and then switch two of the stickers on the corner piece so that it was impossible to solve.
It would've also been cool if the show hadn't equated "Celestia's side" with "good". Other than the sort of madness and bitterness you'd expect from someone trapped in stone for 1,000 years, we only have Celestia's word that he was "evil". In the end, one of the only characters in the show willing to tell Celestia where to shove it just ends up becoming her bitch like everyone else.
cb5 wrote:Yeah it's pretty unsettling that so many people think Fluttershy is their "wife".  If it were that they liked her character and such that'd be fine, but that weird people use the term wife is kind of creepy.  There's nothing particullary wrong with a submissive partner, cause there are a lot of people that do like being submissive, in a kinky way,
I'm quite aware that many people, myself included, prefer their partners to be on the assertive side. What I'm referring to by "submissive", though, is when someone's so utterly self-abasing devoted to you to the point of their own detriment (like Fluttershy tends to be toward her friends) because that's just unsettling
cb5 wrote:but that the people go "fluttershy is my waifu wife" bumps up the creepy factor by ten.  Hell there's people that say they can't date anyone that isn't like fluttershy.  Now that's just fucking creepy.
That's.....I.....there are people like that? Every time my faith in humanity is running decently high, I go and learn something like that.
cb5 wrote:I don't know why anybody really cares about character's canon sexuality either.  It's a cartoon, so what?  Shining Armor being married to Cadance doesn't stop crack shippers.
Plus, part of the fun of fanfic is the (plausible and in-character) reinterpretation of canon, including the nuances of characters. Granted, that doesn't guarantee the interpretation won't be bullshit (see my original reply to swicked) but the point stands.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Frost viz: California
Relevant.
Nice riff, but I can't make out the lyrics over it. Is there a lyric video available?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:51 pm

swicked wrote:Frost, Rarity wanted to marry a prince and she's flirted with males multiple times. She has to be either straight or bi according to canon.
True, though (as has been mentioned before) it wasn't so much him as it was her little fantasy about being with a prince. Though the flirtation has never come to fruition, thereby complying with Faust's mandate of "no romance"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Relevant.
Nice riff, but I can't make out the lyrics over it. Is there a lyric video available?
Yup, here's one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:00 pm

I had an absolutely huge post about the characters in the show that I kept adding more to because people kept saying more stuff, and I just lost it all because the thread ran out of room and my browser didn't keep the info.

Fuck. I want my frown face back.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
Relevant.
Yup, here's one.
Fav'd. I previously only knew Tool because the lead signer apparently choked a guy out on stage
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:32 pm

swicked wrote:...she's not asexual. Not according to canon.That's all I'm saying. 
Also?
Discord: Your friends all think you're useless!
Fluttershy: Well, they're right; I am useless, and I appreciate their understanding that. 

^it may unsettle you, but it's hilarious to me.She saved Twilight from being stone possibly forever. She saved them all from a dragon. Her stare's basically a mini elements of harmony nuke, with the power to defeat many a foes. It's absurd :P
It's absurd, sure. Absurdly bad, bad writing.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:34 pm

New bat pone in da hood.:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7OlBdFIxbk
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm getting errors and refusals to load, Harmony.

EDIT: Alright, working now.

This, basically. Yeah, the government's full of assholes (says the guy who's technically a government employee) but it's, all in all, basically okay.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:08 pm

As long as you have money.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Eh, not in particular. Most people who live in the much-pitied "Bottom 50% still have modern comforts and still live happy, fulfilled lives, despite my best efforts
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:11 pm

What about the bottom 20% ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:What about the bottom 20% ?
They're a myth. Evidence to the existence of the homeless has surfaced, but proven inconclusive.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Ah, yes, "homeless".
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:21 pm

I hear they live underground and survive on plague rats.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:21 pm

We have dismissed that claim.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:22 pm

However, I've been greenlit by my superiors to arm ourselves with rifles, night vision goggles, and cans of spam (as bait) to plunge into the depths of inner Cincinnati, which was lost decades ago to a mysterious black plague. Our goal is the live capture and return of one infected specimen. Please friends, this could advance science by decades, and you can contribute. All I need is your bank account number and social security number for authorization, fund transfer, and identity theft purposes. Thank you for your consideration. Good night, and God bless.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:20 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Atheists
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:unless you count for the Americans and whatnot that would shriek in horror of the implied homosexuality and transgender stuff.)
I think the sheer number of gay/bisexual/whatever Americans on this forum renders that sort of a non-issue here.

Kattlarv wrote: Been disappoint by a few batman movies that played like dumb anime's.
Protip: Tim Burton movies are alright. Dark Knight Saga rocks. Batman and Robin should have all copies buried out in the desert, along with all the props and anyone involved in it.

Kattlarv wrote:@Frost: Allright. I'll give it a look sometime later as said. For now, I gotta take time to tenderly caress my lizard, while plotting my next move.
Hey, you can stroke your lizard all you want; that's your business. Just clean up afterwards.

Kattlarv wrote:Caring about cardboard based on plot conveniences just doesn't do it for me.
Welcome to 90% of fiction as viewed through the eyes of Frost. If you look to your left, you'll see professional sports being wheeled by in a straight-jacket.

Kattlarv wrote:(Other stuff) Hey guys, how lame is the name "Centaurion" for a character in mutants and masterminds that can shapeshift into a centaur? xP
Never played that game, but unless he's also Roman, then he doesn't deserve that name.
@Frost: (americans) I didn't mean this forum, I meant those watching. As you know, there's people calling MLP satanistic and all that. Having a "transexual queen" would likely stir too much rabble for hasbro to approve of.

(batman) I've just been watching animated stuff lately.

(lizard) It's chill, she cleans herself off by shedding.

(fanfics) That tends to be around the amount of the porn I see as bad imo xP

(other stuff) But I have the cool hat... and I've already become the centre for bad puns xD

@Robo: ... why did I mentally read that as that "classic evil laugh", (muhahahaahaha! transitioning over to that "haha-ahhh...." relief noise? xD

(shining) well that it may still be xP

@Swicked: (mind the random rambling intro)
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Katarn wrote:
New bat pone in da hood.:
Image isn't loading for me.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
cb5 wrote:Yeah it's pretty unsettling that so many people think Fluttershy is their "wife".  If it were that they liked her character and such that'd be fine, but that weird people use the term wife is kind of creepy.  There's nothing particullary wrong with a submissive partner, cause there are a lot of people that do like being submissive, in a kinky way,
I'm quite aware that many people, myself included, prefer their partners to be on the assertive side. What I'm referring to by "submissive", though, is when someone's so utterly self-abasing devoted to you to the point of their own detriment (like Fluttershy tends to be toward her friends) because that's just unsettling
cb5 wrote:but that the people go "fluttershy is my waifu wife" bumps up the creepy factor by ten.  Hell there's people that say they can't date anyone that isn't like fluttershy.  Now that's just fucking creepy.
That's.....I.....there are people like that? Every time my faith in humanity is running decently high, I go and learn something like that.
Yeah I see your point. There are people like that out of sexual roleplay *cough* master/slave roleplay *cough*, but that there's people that actually want a submissive partner in every sense not out of roleplay or such but that they actually want someone to be absolutely devoted to them is not healthy. Ironically enough the kink is actually more healthy that the non-sexual version cause the kink most often both people have rules of what is okay and what isn't and that they have safety words, the regular version often times turns out to be outright abusive.
The kink is healthy cause it's roleplay.
The relationship version is unhealthy cause it often times turn into a abusive relationship.

What's funny is for twilight there was a guy that sent a angry letter to johnjoseco about a year ago from a person claiming they had married twilight in a alter and threatened johnjoseco saying for him to stop drawing sexy pics of "his wife". I think that's why the fandom is a bit more chill when it comes to that side of the fandom, cause the entire internet, including bronies of all sorts, immediately busted out laughing their heads that someone actually married a cartoon character when that happened.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next