Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+20
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Craterfist
Tytan
Derpmind
cb5
Kattlarv
Katarn
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Kippershy
Frost
24 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
frost...bait?...:
Nope. Dumb shit is still dumb shit. 

Don't suppose you've any griffons or zebras handy? Those are good secondary bait.
Nothing that I can post here...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:25 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
frost...bait?...:
Nope. Dumb shit is still dumb shit. 

Don't suppose you've any griffons or zebras handy? Those are good secondary bait.
Nothing that I can post here...
Linkilinks via PM?
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Sent.Lyra 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:20 pm

RoboRed wrote:Sent.Lyra 
What's funny is that I probably have already saved anything anybody's got or seen it already.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:35 pm

swicked wrote:
cb5 wrote:
RoboRed wrote:Sent.Lyra 
What's funny is that I probably have already saved anything anybody's got or seen it already.
New stuff is being made all the time.
Yeah, but I constantly see that stuff like the nsa trying to see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Meaning he does so by looking over the shoulders of thousands of bored housewives as they play Farmville.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Night's Favorite Child just updated after nearly a year of being MIA, totally worth it
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:17 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 600271_348895891911883_1343675951_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:05 pm

Alright, can any sciencydorknerd-types help me out here? Because I've had the thought stuck in my head for a while that millions of years ago, the earth could have been ruled by lizard people as advanced or more advanced than us, but all evidence has been erased simply by the vast gulfs of time. Is that possible? Because, either way, it's going to bug me for the rest of my life.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:11 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 40
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Alright, can any sciencydorknerd-types help me out here? Because I've had the thought stuck in my head for a while that millions of years ago, the earth could have been ruled by lizard people as advanced or more advanced than us, but all evidence has been erased simply by the vast gulfs of time. Is that possible? Because, either way, it's going to bug me for the rest of my life.
... watchin doctor who?

also there is a theory that the big bang was actually the collapse of a 4 dimensional star,
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Alright, can any sciencydorknerd-types help me out here? Because I've had the thought stuck in my head for a while that millions of years ago, the earth could have been ruled by lizard people as advanced or more advanced than us, but all evidence has been erased simply by the vast gulfs of time. Is that possible? Because, either way, it's going to bug me for the rest of my life.
... watchin doctor who?

also there is a theory that the big bang was actually the collapse of a 4 dimensional star,
I got into Doctor Who for about ten minutes before I realized that I actually kind of hated it. No, the lizard-person thing is unrelated.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:36 pm

I've had the same thought as well! The way I would reason it is that they were entirely biotech based so we can't tell they were super advanced, because we only look for mechanical technology plus its all gone now, only fossils remain. (also go read the West of Eden series which has a similar concept On a related note I've had an idea for a game bouncing around in my head where humanity invents time travel goes back to that time and encounters said super advanced dinosaurs. I've always imagined it as a insanely complex RTS that would require millions of dollars to develop.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:39 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 115_1

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 115_2
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
... watchin doctor who?

I got into Doctor Who for about ten minutes before I realized that I actually kind of hated it. No, the lizard-person thing is unrelated.
why would someone up vote that!? he just answered my question, and make me feel like an ass...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:42 pm

stringtheory wrote:
I've had the same thought as well! The way I would reason it is that they were entirely biotech based so we can't tell they were super advanced, because we only look for mechanical technology plus its all gone now, only fossils remain. (also go read the West of Eden series which has a similar concept On a related note I've had an idea for a game bouncing around in my head where humanity invents time travel goes back to that time and encounters said super advanced dinosaurs. I've always imagined it as a insanely complex RTS that would require millions of dollars to develop.
Alternatively, they relied heavily on advanced, strong, lightweight and eco-friendly polymers that, as intended, rotted away not long after the race died out. Hell, even steel and concrete would have failed within centuries, and even stone monuments and structures would have been eroded away by time.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
... watchin doctor who?

why would someone up vote that!? he just answered my question, and make me feel like an ass...
If it helps, I wasn't intending to make you feel like an ass, though I'm not complaining about that side-benefit.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:53 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
... watchin doctor who?

If it helps, I wasn't intending to make you feel like an ass, though I'm not complaining about that side-benefit.
Naw it was the upvote that made me feel like an ass, that coming from you was expected...

also:

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 137
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:06 am

The show does have its clever and intriguing plots and foes (like The Silence or The Weeping Angels) but fifty-odd years of jumping around in time, fighting random Villains/Monsters of the week has made the show's universe so cluttered, chaotic and nonsensical (just try and keep track of the sheer number of "future Earths" alone there are) that it's impossible to take seriously. 

Plus, the show's about as soft as cloud when it comes to science--no, I'm not demanding that a show about time travel be 100% scientifically accurate. I am asking, however, that you keep the tiniest bit of internal consistency so there's actual tension rather than "It works because plot reasons. It worked differently last week because plot reasons. It'll work differently next week because of plot reasons. Now eat it, sheep. Eat it and give us your money." And so many, many people do.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:07 am

Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:28 am

swicked wrote:I never watched all the eleventh doctor's episodes but I imagine, at some point, 11 figures out all any dalek (genetically engineered time/space nazis bent on killing everything that isn't them, a race that the doctor has been fighting since its inception apparently, and is responsible in part for the death of his entire race) really wants is a hug.
Then, afterwards, they have milk and cookies, because they aren't so different after all.
Sort of correct.  The doctor killed all the daleks several times over and killed his own race.  A dalek that was the last of it's race as well once realized the futility of it's endevours and facing it's own mortality looking at the doctor asks to look at the sun not through the machine.  Basically the daleks have no culture, no society, no nothing other than their hatred for anything that isn't a dalek and if you take that away they're left with nothing.  The dalek survivors of the doctor become insane.

The timelords at the end of the time war wanted to cheat death by becoming beings of energy, but in doing so would kill everything else.  The doctor killed them several times over.

Then there's the weeping angels.  The doctor killed them several times over.

Then there's the cybermen.  The doctor killed them several times over.

Basically if the doctor was real and he made a demand then surrender immediately and beg him while kissing his feet, cause if he's calm and not yelling at you you're fucking deader than a doorknob.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:29 am

Oh, I remember that episode. Same character that managed to overpower a spaceship's AI with his love for his wife, proving that the power of love really is.....the most fucking clichéd, overdone, and stupid element in all of fiction
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:34 am

Honestly, that's the biggest flaw with the show--he's supposed to be an extremely clever trickster that outwits all his foes, but he only gets by on that old time-honored rule--in the land of the gibbering fuckwits, the only-very-stupid man is king. 

Plus, as cb5 mentioned, he's supposed to be a super-forgiving optimistic moral paragon that flatly refuses to kill or even carry a weapon, but he's committed genocide a hundred times over.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:44 am

The shining example has to be when Eleven stood beneath a massive, several-billion-ship fleet (that came specifically to hunt his ass down) and basically announced that he had no plan, no weapons, and no backup. They all ran away rather than, oh....vaporize the fucking planet
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:59 am

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:The shining example has to be when Eleven stood beneath a massive, several-billion-ship fleet (that came specifically to hunt his ass down) and basically announced that he had no plan, no weapons, and no backup. They all ran away rather than, oh....vaporize the fucking planet
Yes, the doctor quite likes telling people he has no idea what to do, that that scares them and that they should run away because he's so scary with his lack of means of stopping them.
As you've alluded to, he's neither physically nor mentally apt--he's knowledgeable, sure, but most problem solutions tend toward "point the Sonic Screwdriver at it until the bad thing goes away" and in the interim his only real option is "run like fuck."  He's not a particularly fast or agile runner and a rather poor combatant in any circumstance, so, realistically, the average street thug could beat him to death before he gets on his "clever" and "zany" schemes
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:01 am

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:The shining example has to be when Eleven stood beneath a massive, several-billion-ship fleet (that came specifically to hunt his ass down) and basically announced that he had no plan, no weapons, and no backup. They all ran away rather than, oh....vaporize the fucking planet
Yes, the doctor quite likes telling people he has no idea what to do, that that scares them and that they should run away because he's so scary with his lack of means of stopping them.
Yeah, but you're not the only one to have thought of that. Short version it did not go so well. 9, 10 and 11 have big egos on them, but when 12 comes round say hello to valeyard. If you don't get what I'm talking about in the old show it was revealed that valeyard is the doctor, but he's in his final regeneration and knowing the doctor and valeyard are the same person the smart thing to do would be to run the fuck away.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:11 am

swicked wrote:
cb5 wrote:
swicked wrote:
Yeah, but you're not the only one to have thought of that.  Short version it did not go so well.  9, 10 and 11 have big egos on them, but when 12 comes round say hello to valeyard.  If you don't get what I'm talking about in the old show it was revealed that valeyard is the doctor, but he's in his final regeneration and knowing the doctor and valeyard are the same person the smart thing to do would be to run the fuck away.
"Valeyard" doesn't mean anything to me.
Basically the valeyard, or the doctor's final regeneration doesn't give a fuck about murder or genocide or even attempting to destroy the universe to continue living.  If you ran into the valeyard(the doctor) you're fucked cause he's worse than the master.  The master wanted to rule the universe.  Valeyard wants to continue living even if it means destroying the universe.
If you run into valeyard you're f-u-c-k-e-d.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:16 am

As has been mentioned, the Doctor merrily skips along with nary a lost bit of sleep over his hundreds of counts of genocide, so I'm not really seeing the big change. Especially since, knowing the show, the "Valeyard" is still the sort of guy whose true mortal enemy would be an average guy with a handgun and a working trigger finger
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:05 am

@Lizard People
Technically, if all evidence is removed of something, it's impossible to prove that it didn't happen, but it's also impossible to prove that it did. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, and all that. If you want to get all science-y, you wouldn't be talking about it in the first place, of course, since if there's no way to prove it doesn't exist, it's not really worth talking about (AFAIK).

EDIT:
I forgot! I had a fun time playing Rock Band with some friends today (friggin' nailed "Break On Through" singing, the guitar solos in "Renegade," and did a pretty good job on "Aesthetics of Hate" on the drums). Also, I have come to realize something I had never really thought about before: some people can't sing. At all. I always thought it was just something you just did, you know? But holy shit, some people apparently can't. Or keep a beat. I really did not know that. Weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:12 am

stringtheory wrote:Night's Favorite Child just updated after nearly a year of being MIA, totally worth it
Luna about sums up my reaction.

Super advanced dinosaur people
I think Voyager did that...
*hides behind a kinetic barrier*
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next