Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+20
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Craterfist
Tytan
Derpmind
cb5
Kattlarv
Katarn
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Kippershy
Frost
24 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:59 pm

@kipper, I don't think Scyto works. So it's a way to pass time.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:59 pm

CamoBadger wrote:This is the moment I realize that somebody will actually buy this...
The Entire Ultramarines Chapter in 1 purchase
Well, now I know what Games Workshop is. Driven by one many times going to the dollar store, never bothered to investigate.

That being said, HOLY CRAP.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:06 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I doubt they'll sell any. The only people willing to touch Ultrasmurfs nowadays are the veterans who've been playing since long before He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named-But-His-Name-Rhymes-With-Board ever came along, or the asshole teenagers who think "lol Ultramarines pwn".
You think that, but with the new Codex that just came out...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:10 pm

I'm imagiing a 60's cartoon spiderman image macro going :

"Everyone's getting a new codex, and me I'm just here, counting the years since my last update"

but then I realize I don't know or give enough of a fuck about GW to know which is currently the faction that is the most behind in term of codexes. My guess would be on the Dark Eldar, but I'm probably wrong.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I'm imagiing a 60's cartoon spiderman image macro going :

"Everyone's getting a new codex, and me I'm just here, counting the years since my last update"

but then I realize I don't know or give enough of a fuck about GW to know which is currently the faction that is the most behind in term of codexes. My guess would be on the Dark Eldar, but I'm probably wrong.
Dark Eldar, Orks, and Sisters of Battle.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:13 pm

That's partly the reason I've not yet sprung for my own army--you can drop hundreds of dollars and hours on making an amazing army, master the rules and stats, and then a new codex comes along and you get ass-fucked by everyone. Besides, that's money I could be spending on guns and knives and crossbows and sex toys and stuff.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Yeah, I've heard the power creep has become terribad in the last few years.

Also, Frost, it's good to know you've got your priorities straight. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:20 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:Oh man, you guys should really try this '5 hour nap' thing. It's great.
There are plenty of people who actually take short naps throughout the day, and only sleep a few hours at night, with the end result of actually sleeping a good deal less than average and still being fine.
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Speak softly and carry an H-Bomb
You try first. They weigh a few tons.
If I can't be asleep 14 hours of a 24 hour day, it's not a good day.
So either you're joking or I take it you don't work full time. Cos seriously, that's whacked yo.
For me, I do 8 hours+1 hour unpaid lunch at work, taking 9 hours away from home while working. Add in travel time, which for me, is 20 minutes each way, that makes 9h40m spent away from home. Add 14 to that and you have 23h40m.
Put 20m away for trying to get to sleep unless you consider that and you've spent your 24 hours every day doing nothing but working, travelling to/from work if necessary and sleeping.

...Please tell me you were joking. The thought of that depresses me.
Nah, don't worry, it's nothing as depressing as that. I'm just unemployed and going nowhere, so I sleep away the sorrow.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Have you considered [physical exercise] ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Yeah, I've heard the power creep has become terribad in the last few years.

Also, Frost, it's good to know you've got your priorities straight. Spike
Oh, that's a pun. I get it. You're referring to my straight-shooting accuracy with the mentioned guns and crossbows. Clever.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Have you considered [physical exercise] ?
Well, Harmony, you can be my [personal trainer] anytime.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Actually, I was referring to the usage of devices meant to be rectally inserted.

Also : Do not make wishes you would regret. Applebloom

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:I'm imagiing a 60's cartoon spiderman image macro going :

Dark Eldar, Orks, and Sisters of Battle.
Tyranids are finally getting one. 
It's only been 3 years and 10 months of being one of the shittiest armies in the game, not so bad...

But yeah, Dark Eldar and Sisters are in the same boat (and DE players are very pissed about that). Orks, eh, they're still pretty damn awesome despite not having a codex for-fuckin-ever (6 years and 2 editions...), but that might be because they're mostly just for funnieses
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Who ever the hell play Sisters of Battle anyway ?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the theme that faction has going on, but I don't get the impression it's actually played all that much.

It seems to be some kind of weird mix between the Imperial Guards and the Sapce Marines, with the disadvantages of both (limited numbers and squishiness) and only few of the advantages.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Who ever the hell play Sisters of Battle anyway ?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the theme that faction has going on, but I don't get the impression it's actually played all that much.

It seems to be some kind of weird mix between the Imperial Guards and the Sapce Marines, with the disadvantages of both (limited numbers and squishiness) and only few of the advantages.
I've seen it, but not much. Not really sure what to think of it since I didn't pay attention to them last time I played (I was busy getting slammed by Dark Eldar...), so can't really give you my opinion.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:31 pm

I like Orks as an army because, from what I've read, they are pretty laid-back, yet they still do pretty well. My other pick for my favorite army would have to be Chaos Space Marines.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:32 pm

All of this talk just makes me glad I didn't get into that game.

As cool as it is and as much as you guys reference it, just doesn't sound worth it the way your guys are talking.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:33 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Actually, I was referring to the usage of devices meant to be rectally inserted.

Good news, everyone!  It's a suppository and I have invented a machine that let's you read this in my voice.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:38 pm

All it takes is a "good news, everyone!" and it happens.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:All of this talk just makes me glad I didn't get into that game.As cool as it is and as much as you guys reference it, just doesn't sound worth it the way your guys are talking.
It really is. I love it because it's great at giving me something to do that isn't stressful at all when I'm painting and building, plus the people I play with are super chill and fun regardless of winning or losing (sound effects are totally not thrown around along), and very friendly. Really the only downside I have found now that I'm playing is that it's quite expensive. 

It's just not very balanced because of how ridiculously different the armies are. Some are and always will be better than others, and for some reason GW is horrible at reacting to balance issues (Someone says that unit is unbalanced?! NERF THE ENTIRE ARMY!!!)

Still, it's very fun as long as you don't go uber competitive (unless that's your thing). Of course that seems to be how most games are to me: Casual, super fun and good for hanging out and meeting people; Competitive, full of rage, hatred, and flaming (League of Legends, I'm looking at you right now).

Last edited by CamoBadger on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Actually, I was referring to the usage of devices meant to be rectally inserted.

Who said anything about rectal insertion? All my sex toys aren't reliant on anything like "erogenous zones", they make their own holes. 

And I don't regret anything in life, except The Tree-Pruning Incident, but let's not dwell on that.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:42 pm

CamoBadger wrote:It really is. I love it because it's great at giving me something to do that isn't stressful at all when I'm painting and building, plus the people I play with are super chill and fun regardless of winning or losing (sound effects are totally not thrown around along), and very friendly.
You just described MtG for me. All the games I play are quite fun and I get to meet interesting people and get their license plate numbers for tracking purposes.

Ironically, the most vitrolic games I play are the kitchen-table games with my two friends, because one of them intentionally plays the bitchiest, most cheap armies ever. Like, "make Blue Deck look fair and reasonable" type cheap.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:46 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Still, it's very fun as long as you don't go uber competitive (unless that's your thing). Of course that seems to be how most games are to me: Casual, super fun and good for hanging out and meeting people; Competitive, full of rage, hatred, and flaming (League of Legends, I'm looking at you right now).
I think my problem is that I'd be too casual to the point of not actually playing it.

But speaking of League of Legends, we wouldn't mind it if you joined us for game night Tuesday if you're able. We're mostly casual right now, the only real rage being from Rum, but he tends to get frustrated when he plays any game and he's not on the winning side/get's killed the most.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:57 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 578516_648983858465906_741170993_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:01 pm

RoboRed wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 578516_648983858465906_741170993_n
They should be PUNished.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Who said anything about rectal insertion? All my sex toys aren't reliant on anything like "erogenous zones", they make their own holes. 
Frost : literal gun lover

How many times did I do that joke already ? I lost count.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:16 pm

And then rock was invented, and everyone got stoned.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Who said anything about rectal insertion? All my sex toys aren't reliant on anything like "erogenous zones", they make their own holes. 
Frost : literal gun lover

How many times did I do that joke already ? I lost count.
I want to say this is only your third or fourth time. I've heard it a few fucking thousand times from my friends, though, so don't worry about it being any less worn out than jokes about bears.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:27 pm

at least you just now got rid of that sig of yours.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:33 pm

RoboRed wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 578516_648983858465906_741170993_n
>Implying low quality. Spike 

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next