Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Tacoman587
Silverink
Dambrony
Ditzy_Do0
Nightshade
Katarn
WovenTales
Plasticube
Snipehamster
Mr. Snrub
Technowolf
Downloaded Skill
Quotidian
Regolit
Bootleg
RoboRed
Vergil
Mister Nikel
CD
Luminous Lead
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Exodus Hero
tylertoon2
Train Dodger
Moodyman90
FoolNeim
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
thatguyvex
Meleagridis
Valikdu
Caoimhe
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
SilentCarto
Cptadder
O. Hinds
cb5
Derpmind
Stack Trace
Kippershy
Icy Shake
Harmony Ltd.
49 posters

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Derpmind Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:22 am

Somber wrote:Mehs... now has 2 ideas for 57 and doesn't know which is better...
Just remember that you absolutely have no other options but one directions or the other.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:13 am

Blackjack : 57 Varieties Of Screwed

move along, I just needed to make that joke...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Somber, just remember what I told you elsewhere. If you use plan 1 to begin with, move into plan 3 and then leave on a hook of plan 2, you can get every single one of your ideas in one go and not screw anything up like you feel you have.
Honestly, that would be the best. I'll PM you to explain.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:36 pm

Somber wrote:Blanks are like if you took DNA and scrubbed out all the bits that gave a pony individual characteristics.  Like mane color, coat color, the specific size of their eyes and their body.  They're a generic pony.  A blank canvas as you will, that you can combine with anything.

So basically they're a modified pony to have no rejection issues when fused with another pony or used for like how sanguine made a clone to fuse with psychoshy or planned to fuse with his family to cure them?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:42 pm

This week, on the Project Horizons Show, Chapter 13! In which our hero discovers that the least evil, kindest member of the Enclave military is an entitled bitch, shows why the smart choice is to just give her what she wants, and reminds her friend that only she gets to wish she was dead!

Chapter 13 Edits:

Other editing:

Mmmmm. That's some good reading. But damn, Blackjack, you scary.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:43 pm

cb5 wrote:So basically they're a modified pony to have no rejection issues when fused with another pony or used for like how sanguine made a clone to fuse with psychoshy or planned to fuse with his family to cure them?

No. Somber's saying that they form that way 'because magic' 'naturally' without a specified DNA sample. They weren't designed specifically; they were a byproduct of project chimera's cloning experiments.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:07 am

Icy Shake wrote:This week, on the Project Horizons Show, Chapter 13! In which our hero discovers that the least evil, kindest member of the Enclave military is an entitled bitch, shows why the smart choice is to just give her what she wants, and reminds her friend that only she gets to wish she was dead!

Chapter 13 Edits:

Other editing:

Mmmmm. That's some good reading. But damn, Blackjack, you scary.
Ah, thank you very much, as usual.

Icy Shake wrote:Do you have any rules you were using with it?
I don't know, sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:10 am

Somber, here, watch this. I hope it makes you smile.
In one hand I worry you'll take it the wrong way, that you'll be rough on yourself and not feel good enough... but on the other hand, I know you are good enough and I hope you see that. I hope this speaks to you and makes you feel better about yourself for what you've done.

It should also be viewed by everyone else, hence why this is public and not a PM.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Snrub Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Somber wrote:Fedora level? Isn't that a step beneath 'tweed jacket' atheist?

Anyway, yes, I am, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in the mythology of messianic characters. Jesus gets off easy. His 'sacrifice' was a farce because at the end of it he comes back with super uber powers and is supposedly going to save the world. Except the world isn't "saved". The world is as it was and will always be: a collection of billions of individuals heaped into various factions and groups all looking out for their own self interests. Jesus would be a broken shell of a man if he actual existed, especially if he were the 'son of god' or god or whatever. Or he'd be a monster. Think of the crusades. The intolerance. The suffering engendered under the auspice of 'doing his will'. Blackjack is in many ways a deconstruction of the Messiah archetype. Blackjack can't save the wastelands any more than Jesus can save the earth. Ultimately, it will be up to the hoof to do better and fix things. And yes, she's ultimately the only one who can face the Eater... she's special like that... but facing a being like that is infinitely easier than 'saving' the wastelands from sin.

Anyway, that's why.

welp, im off the ride. See you all on the other side, or not. I give up
Mr. Snrub
Mr. Snrub
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : -3

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Somber went to 4chan again.
Scootaloo

Or maybe an imposter. *shrugs* But I do see the point, regardless. It's up to the world to make itself better, and no single person has enough sway to do it alone.

Last edited by StoneSlinger88 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Mr. Snrub wrote:
welp, im off the ride. See you all on the other side, or not. I give up
I am torn between taking this vaguely seriously, not caring, and screaming, "THE RIDE NEVER ENDS!" But mostly it's the middle one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Well, that was either the real Somber, or somebody using Somber's name.

Either way, well that is insightful. Can't say I fully agree with what all was said but I'm not one to let such things bother me.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:25 pm

I'm not sure if that was the real Somber, but, given that something similar was by him said in our recent brushing chat, I think it likely that it was.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:39 pm

I am very ready to not start the religion debate here, guys. Different people react to religions in different ways depending on who they are and how they were brought up etc., and that's normal. Many of these beliefs are not going to change, and trying to change them isn't even necessarily a good thing to be doing. It is almost never a productive thing.

Just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:43 pm

...And I am fucking staying uninvolved with this one...*pulls out lawn chair and popcorn* Have fun, guys!
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:53 pm

I'd rather we didn't either. We're likely to not change anybody's mind and it would just turn into a flame war. Besides, if it was really Somber or not, it's their belief so let them have it.

Somber if you happen to read this, I respect you and your views and beliefs. It don't matter to me what they are just as long as you're doing well.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:16 am

RoboRed wrote:...And I am fucking staying uninvolved with this one...*pulls out lawn chair and popcorn* Have fun, guys!

Tell me what happens in the morning, I'm going to bed.Luna  Religion and debates rarely mix well.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 am

Works for me.

So how do ya'll think the Meatlocker is getting along? Better or worse since Blackjack left?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:37 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Works for me.

So how do ya'll think the Meatlocker is getting along? Better or worse since Blackjack left?
Hmm, I don't think I remember enough about the end results of those chapters at the moment to give much of a prediction, but going by the fact that it seemed to be doing well enough for itself before she got there, I don't imagine it's doing too badly. It's lost some people, which can't have been great for Meatlocker considering that people had probably been very used to having them around (what with the whole ghoul thing and all).

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:45 am

Well, they're down a shopkeeper, who will be missed and her last gift was armor for Blackjack.... so yeah that's long gone, a nurse who will also be missed, a bar owner, who I'm going to go with won't be missed, his former bodyguard, who's off for ADVENTURE!, and they gained a lot of former Hightower security guards.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:51 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:Somber went to 4chan again.
Scootaloo

Or maybe an imposter. *shrugs* But I do see the point, regardless. It's up to the world to make itself better, and no single person has enough sway to do it alone.

It wasn't an imposter, he's been going there a few times lately.
He was managing pretty well and that's what my other post about plans and such was hinting towards, since I spoke to him over there.
From what I'm reading however, he walked into it at a bad time (and while i was asleep so I couldn't even try to defuse it all).
I don't know the whole deal yet though, so I'll read on with it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:11 am

Somber, I gotta say, I love your little discussion with Lucid about tripcodes and such. Made me giggle like a madman.
I'm not trying to make you feel bad about it, I just find it funny. I'm sure he'll fix it up for you again if he hasn't, or something.

Oh god, the thread makes me giggle so hard. Somber, basically the best thing would have been to delve into the not giving a fuck mood and let things float on by if you think your reply is only going to generate some troll replies and such. I know it may not be the fairest of ways to have to deal with such a situation, but if you want to see the genuine people reply and not just be overwhelmed with trolls, you gotta think about how you word things and just let ignore the hate.

I'll edit this once I'm done. Posting for now.

edit: think I read the last of your posts. So yeah, basically what I said above is all I can really say. Some people over there will look for just about any reason to attack you while others won't unless you say something very hard to ignore and then there's the few of us, like me, who will only do it once you reach levels that are equal to adding humans or gods (Eater not included) into the story.
I know it's not really fair, you should be able to say what you like and all that jazz, but that's the thing about 4chan. People will happily jump onto the bandwagon of trolling if they think it's going to be funny so if you want to avoid it, you gotta think about what you're saying and try to reduce possible damage as much as possible.

Last edited by Kippershy on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:20 am

If anyone does care to debate religion, PM me.  It should be... interesting.  But that was me, for better or worse.

Oh!  One of the things 57 will do is let everyone know how all the other factions in the wasteland are doing.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:31 am

Oh? Cool to hear about the getting up to date on the factions.
May I also ask if you've read/considered my PM at all? Did it help any if so?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:48 am

It did.  I just wish I had a comprehensive list of factions I need to cover so I don't forget any.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:54 am

Going off memory for you, I'll list all the ones I can think of.

Enclave
Steel rangers
Harbingers
Society (of course)
Coligate (however it's spelt, I don't remember) / Zodiac
Finders of Megamart
Flank
Paradise
Hoofington Reapers
Filly Flashers
Burners
Half hearts
Mountain ponies
Diamond dogs / that little shore-side town, you know, the one with Rover?
Chapel
If there's anything left of anyone who was at the gem mine, but I don't think there was... those.
Meatlocker

I -think- that's it, but I'm possibly wrong here. I've listed as many as I could remember for you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:28 am

I am intensely interested in what happened to the farmers who had mutant dragons bothering them.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Don't forget to add the Unity/The Goddess to that list, Kippershy.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:Don't forget to add the Unity/The Goddess to that list, Kippershy.

Edit:
I didn't think she was needed to be mentioned.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Oh yeah. I don't think she ever got back to there. Still needs to open Doof's, Psalms', and Echo's right? I think she knows the passwords to those and hasn't been able to open them up yet.

But I honestly can't really remember either.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next