Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Ketchup
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
Stringtheory
Kippershy
Moodyman90
Ironmonger
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Valikdu
IncoherentOrange
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
21 posters

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:41 pm

I still have to watch TeamFourStar's "DragonBall" abridged thingy yet.

Also, it was in French so fat chance for anyone here to understand it, but I remember an abridged series of Saint Seya / "Les Chevaliers du Zodiac", and it was hilarious.

In fact...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ0yOmtl96A

I'll just leave this here.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Sif was an Asgardian warrior woman. Jane was the scientist chick and canon love interest. Sif, however, was Thor's wife in the original mythology, so I'd say Sif
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Sif was an Asgardian warrior woman. Jane was the scientist chick and canon love interest. Sif, however, was Thor's wife in the original mythology, so I'd say Sif
LOL, following the mythology. Are you crazy?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:05 pm

And now for your daily dose of funny 40k:
Spoiler:
(spoiler for length)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Angry_marine_by_mysteryone617-d3j5gzj

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:24 pm

yeah but we all know they can't put their arms down in that armor
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:yeah but we all know they can't put their arms down in that armor
You keep saying that, but I'm not getting what you're saying, don't you mean they can't raise their arms due the massive pauldrons?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:14 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:yeah but we all know they can't put their arms down in that armor
You keep saying that, but I'm not getting what you're saying, don't you mean they can't raise their arms due the massive pauldrons?

He means the Armor's too thick for the arms to be able to do anything other than stick straight out.

Because he heard the statistic that SM armor is 3 inches thick. And it is. At the chest

Because just because it's thick where they expect the most rounds to hit (chest) obviously means it's also thick where IRL plate armor is thinner for freedom of movement (underarms)

Rumlogic at its finest
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

He means the Armor's too thick for the arms to be able to do anything other than stick straight out.

Because he heard the statistic that SM armor is 3 inches thick. And it is. At the chest

Because just because it's thick where they expect the most rounds to hit (chest) obviously means it's also thick where IRL plate armor is thinner for freedom of movement (underarms)

Rumlogic at its finest
Lol you think underarm armor is ever used. And regardless, it will restrict movement. Moving the arms forward and backward flex the arms over the chest, and with the way I've seen the armor in pictures of 40K, they'll only be able to put their arms forward about 30 degrees, making it nearly impossible to hold any sort of 2 handed rifle or other directional weapon.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:22 pm

I meant that underarm armor is thinner, when it's even present. Rum seems to assume it's just as thick as the frontal armor or Pauldrons
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:33 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Angry-marines-always-angry_design
New avatar?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Ironmonger wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Angry-marines-always-angry_design
New avatar?
You wouldn't live up to the motto, you'd need to be a lot more angry all the time.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Angry-marines-always-angry_design
New avatar?
You wouldn't live up to the motto, you'd need to be a lot more angry all the time.
I'm pretty sure Camo would be scrambling to ban me if that happened. The internet can't take that much 'wat'.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
New avatar?
I'm pretty sure Camo would be scrambling to ban me if that happened. The internet can't take that much 'wat'.
You've got plenty of wat, what I'm talking about is being ALWAYS ANGRY! ALL THE TIME!
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:39 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

Rumlogic at its finest

Rum has never mentioned anything about thickness in terms of definable measurements.

I'm glad camo can see exactly what i see when they try to move their armor, honestly I hope the emperor is smarter than the rest of the religious stupidity which leads his empire while he slumbers or whatever, because when he wakes up I imagine hes going to kill many many cultists just to get some progress started again for his civilization.

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
New avatar?
You've got plenty of wat, what I'm talking about is being ALWAYS ANGRY! ALL THE TIME!

It suits frost just fine. angry teenaged angst monger he is
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:14 am

So, after a LOT of trying, I've done two big achievements for KSP!
-Fly to the moon
--Orbit successfully
--Land semi-successfully (pilot survived, savestate run though so it's all good.)

Also

-Sent a space station into the orbit (easy enough)
-Sent a second part up into orbit, reached the same general location. (again, easy-ish.)
--Got them to FUCKING DOCK. (HARD!)

WAS FUCKING AMAZING! Took a lot of tries, got me to swear a bit, lots of save-states, ran out of mono-propellant in the original SS, almost ran out of electric in the other part and their connection was them thudding together and praying to god that the magnets would do the job...
Took the magnets two attempts (without savestate), but it worked. They docked.

It was a very, very messy docking, but god, it worked.

PICTURES!

Spoiler:

I'm so happy!
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:15 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:It suits frost just fine. angry teenaged angst monger he is

I'm sorry, what? How often do I bitch about my problems to you guys? I'm not aware I've done it...ever. I've stated repeatedly that I'm a pretty chill guy IRL, and I act pretty chill on here when I'm not carrying out part of a joke, so I'm not sure where you're getting this "angry teenager angst monger" thing. Is it about the discussion we're having now? The one I'm perfectly calm during despite us having the same damn exchange about thirty times?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:47 am

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&desktop_uri=%2Findex%3F%26desktop_uri%3D%252F#/watch?feature=g-high-lik&v=u_jRgv-UqBU

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:54 am

Kippershy wrote:*snip*
Impressive.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:14 am

Congrats on the docking. Trust me when I say it will start to become second nature after a few more docks.

However do not make plans to move said vessel after docking like 10 things too it... I made that mistake, there was a ring of debris around Kerbin that was well over 250 parts.

Edit: Pic of debris below, was a sad day.

Spoiler:
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:29 pm

My biggest issue really is knowing when to launch a ship to get an ideal rendezvous without too much effort.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:54 pm

So.... This happened
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Mister Frost wrote:So.... This happened

Yep, sounds about right. Have technology to travel to other planets, draw phallic symbols when we get there. Where's the History Channel guy? I need his meme with the caption "humans".
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:07 pm

Humans may fade into obscurity, our life flickering out and Mother Earth erasing all trace of our existence.

But our dicks are eternal
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:53 pm

iLateralGX wrote:

Congrats on the docking. Trust me when I say it will start to become second nature after a few more docks.

However do not make plans to move said vessel after docking like 10 things too it... I made that mistake, there was a ring of debris around Kerbin that was well over 250 parts.

Edit: Pic of debris below, was a sad day.

Spoiler:

You weren't wrong in the slightest!
It still wasn't the easiest of things, but I definitely know what I'm doing a lot more this time. Got the third segment attached to the space station, the Crimson Wings.

Pic related. I've gotten rid of the engines on both side now so its just a case of getting rid of that debris... the cheating way.
Which I know, yes, cheating is bad - but it's only removing debris after all.

edit: oops, yeah, here's the pictures.

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:12 pm

swicked wrote:
Yeah, I think I've bitched in this thread more often than anyone else thus far. Seems like it, at least.
Pretty sure they were all legitimate bitchings, though.

Yeah, your job troubles are perfectly legit things to gripe about, and you don't do it excessively. I'm always happy to offer support, and rub off while doing so
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:It suits frost just fine. angry teenaged angst monger he is

I'm sorry, what? How often do I bitch about my problems to you guys? I'm not aware I've done it...ever. I've stated repeatedly that I'm a pretty chill guy IRL, and I act pretty chill on here when I'm not carrying out part of a joke, so I'm not sure where you're getting this "angry teenager angst monger" thing. Is it about the discussion we're having now? The one I'm perfectly calm during despite us having the same damn exchange about thirty times?

ooo, jimmys were rustled, as I recall ya'lls the one cussin' gives the post an angry feel, and naturally we have had the same exchange over 30 times, ya keep bringing up warhammer. The character design for the small models for field play is very suitable, buuut, I think the character artwork and the in game rendering can be improved.

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Yeah, there was cursing. Ask any of my friends, I curse a lot. It's just what I do, doesn't mean I'm angry. Warhammer fans (of which I am not the only one on the forum) bring it up, and you're the only one who tries to turn it into a debate about armor.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Warhammer is great, it just somewhat takes it in the ass because of Games Workshop. Those guys seem to be notorious for screwing around with fluff in ways that make no sense.

The franchise is good, but has its flaws for one reason or another. I use it as inspiration for my work.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:44 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Warhammer is great, it just somewhat takes it in the ass because of Games Workshop. Those guys seem to be notorious for screwing around with fluff in ways that make no sense.

It's good, but has its flaws for one reason or another. I use it as inspiration for my work.
In 40k Games Workshop's official policy towards fluff is "Everything is canon, and nothing is canon" (which is genius once you think about it), remember the Imperium is full of biased viewpoints, propaganda, and religious zealotry, and since almost all of the in-universe stories and archives are from their viewpoint...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next