Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Ketchup
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
Stringtheory
Kippershy
Moodyman90
Ironmonger
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Valikdu
IncoherentOrange
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
21 posters

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Sure. It at least helps explain those misplaced sentiments to some extent.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Frost, careful. I know you're joking, but you need to cool it with that kind of thing.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Noted.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:50 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 305643__safe_applejack_animated_vulgar_vibrating_fuck

this might prove useful
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Michael Bay : "I'm sorry..."
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:11 pm

It seems a bit late to be apologizing for something from the fucking 90's
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Michael Bay : "I'm sorry..."
...he apologized for Armageddon? How about apologizing for a movie that was actually bad? You know, like Transformers 2 and 3? Seriously man, Armageddon was actually really good.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:20 pm

That's the fun part of it. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Mister Frost wrote:It seems a bit late to be apologizing for something from the fucking 90's
Well, there's still things from the 90's there's a lot of apologizing to do for.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Pop culture time is ~800 times faster than normal time. This is like Italy sheepishly raising its hand and apologizing for conquering folks as Rome.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:10 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 297736__safe_vinyl-scratch_reaction-image_faic_youtube_youtube-link_music_link_drawing_video_51202d9aa4c72dea8d000890

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Wait wait wait... he apologized for it because there was problems during production and said he would redo the entire third act if he could...

Change it how? Make it so that Bruce Willis took control of the asteroid and flew it around like Sephiroth was going to do to the world in Final Fantasy VII?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:49 am

Remember what I said about the Homeworld auction? Well, I take it back.
Except for the part where I said that certain companies can go fuck themselves, they're still free to do so.

Homeworld is now owned by Gearbox Software. While they had made some mistakes recently, this is still a better outcome than most other possible ones.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:09 am

Gearbox are for the most part, a good dev company.
So yeah, glad to hear, even if i've never played nor followed the series.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:28 am

If we go by Halo, they got a solid artistic direction, and they can conceive solid gameplay.

On the other hand Duke Nukem Forever was a flop, and IIRC it was made by Gearbox. Though as they inherited it from 3D Realm, who knows where the fault lie.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:23 am

Wait, I think I'm confusing Gearbox and Bungie.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:26 am

My Fiction teacher asked us "What would you do if you could live for ever?"

My answer was "Slowly infiltrate every major government on Earth, guiding them toward a One World Order, which I will then forcefully take over in a terrifying display of my invincibility. Conquer every nation who dared resist. Rule over humanity as its True King, guiding the culture and education to force the new generations to worship me as a god. Set humanity on a new, militarized state-ruled path to develop our technology to develop interstellar travel. Conquer the universe and rule for eternity as God-Emperor"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:30 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Wait, I think I'm confusing Gearbox and Bungie.
borderlands 1/2 and I -think- Brink, also.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:33 am

Mister Frost wrote:My Fiction teacher asked us "What would you do if you could live for ever?"

My answer was "Slowly infiltrate every major government on Earth, guiding them toward a One World Order, which I will then forcefully take over in a terrifying display of my invincibility. Conquer every nation who dared resist. Rule over humanity as its True King, guiding the culture and education to force the new generations to worship me as a god. Set humanity on a new, militarized state-ruled path to develop our technology to develop interstellar travel. Conquer the universe and rule for eternity as God-Emperor"
so really, you want to remake warhammer 40k with yourself as The Emperor
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:34 am

Brink was also a flop.

Borderland on the other hand has had great commercial success.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:38 am

Kippershy wrote:so really, you want to remake warhammer 40k with yourself as The Emperor

The Emperor denied his godhood, I would embrace mine. The Emperor only rebuilt humanity from the ashes, I would take them from the squabbling savages of a single world to lords of all the universe. The Emperor would be nothing before me
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:44 am

RE immortality :

I'd probably become the Wandering Jew.

Except that jew I am not.

Or the Count of St. Germain.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:08 am

What would I do if I could never die?
I would finally have the time to finish my Broken Bonds series of stories.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:45 am

Kippershy wrote:

Not Brink; they also did the whole Brothers in Arms series [is it any good, btw?] and the three expansion packs for the original Half-Life.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:58 am

Valikdu wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

Not Brink; they also did the whole Brothers in Arms series [is it any good, btw?] and the three expansion packs for the original Half-Life.

Personally, I loved the Brothers in Arms series. It's been a little while since I last played them, but I do remember having a lot of fun with those games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 am

I owned hells highway and loved it, but not any of the others.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 am

I use to think immortality would be fun, but then you get into the different subsets of it. Like would your mind be able to handle being active that long.

Plus your perception of time get's all fucked up. "I ain't going anywhere, so why should I be in a hurry?"

And really, the "best" kind of immorality is the kind that locks your body in it's prime, keeps your mind sharp through the ages, and nothing can hurt you.
The other best kind is to do something that people will remember you forever for as long as people record them. It's worked for Alexander the Great so far.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:17 pm

I'd get bored with doing it eventually, but I'm certain somebody somewhere would try to beat/set the world records for speed runs in different games.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:52 pm

swicked wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:I use to think immortality would be fun, but then you get into the different subsets of it. Like would your mind be able to handle being active that long.

Plus your perception of time get's all fucked up. "I ain't going anywhere, so why should I be in a hurry?"

And really, the "best" kind of immorality is the kind that locks your body in it's prime, keeps your mind sharp through the ages, and nothing can hurt you.
The other best kind is to do something that people will remember you forever for as long as people record them. It's worked for Alexander the Great so far.
I would never want to be remembered; I can hardly stand to be acknowledged right now. Attention has very rarely been in my favor and it unnerves me to be acknowledged for anything that I do, almost more-so if the acknowledgement is a positive one.
If I were to achieve immortality, I would definitely want my mind intact and, hopefully, not to be in too much pain. Other than that, I'd be good with anything.

And what would I do if I had so much time? Read, learn and experience if I could... I'd particularly love to wander more. If I couldn't... just think. Think about everything, forever. That would be nice, at least for me.
If I was immortal, I'd just go through life having fun, and if a certain time or place got boring I'd simply move on or wait until somewhere/sometime interesting showed up.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Were I immortal, I think I'd want to sit down and read everything in my own time, out in the woods in Vermont or New Hampshire. That would be pretty much perfect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next