Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Ketchup
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
Stringtheory
Kippershy
Moodyman90
Ironmonger
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Valikdu
IncoherentOrange
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
21 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:58 pm

If I were immortal I'd probably want to see and do everything I could; travel the world and all that jazz. Would also be pretty interesting to hang out with a tribal culture in the middle of nowhere for a while, just to get a fresh look on things.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Meleagridis Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:01 pm

swicked wrote:
I would never want to be remembered; I can hardly stand to be acknowledged right now.

Thing is, you're not really around to complain. If you can't be made uncomfortable, why not?

Honestly, immortality sounds swell. Time is a bloody vice and every day makes it tighter and tighter. I'd love not having to worry about how far forward I moved in any given day.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:14 pm

To be honest, if I were immortal, and all all the time in the world,

I'd probably, at my own level, push humanity toward becoming an interstellar species,

first so I could visit more worlds than just earth (I expect that after the first or second millennium I would start getting bored of always seeing the same continents - though seeing the cultures inhabiting them could prove fascinating),

but also so that if Earth get into its head to blow itself up to oblivion I won't get stuck on that ball of mud until the sun goes nova.

Oh, yes, also because I don't want to be stuck on Earth when the sun goes Nova.

Now I have no idea what would I do in a trillion billion years when the universe itself will be dying... I suppose I'll have figured something out by then. If no one figured how to kill me by.

I guess after the first ten thousand years I'll consider people trying to kill me fair game.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
I guess after the first ten thousand years I'll consider people trying to kill me fair game.
Make it a sport. People pay to try and kill you. If they fail, you get paid; if they succeed, they get everything you had.

Best sport ever.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:21 pm

10/10, Game of the Year Millennium
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:23 pm

No no, I wouldn't make them pay.

I would simply make them sign a contract that if they kill me, they get everything I had,

But that if -I- kill them, I get everything -they- had.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Or like, there'd be Easy and Hard mode :

Easy, they pay to try to kill me, get a time window, and if they haven't succeeded after that time window, then I get to retaliate if they don't stop trying to kill me.

Hard mode, they don't pay, but I get to have some fun, and if i kill them I get everything they had.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:No no, I wouldn't make them pay.

I would simply make them sign a contract that if they kill me, they get everything I had,

But that if -I- kill them, I get everything -they- had.
I like this human, he understands.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:32 pm

And I'll have people "filming" it, and sell the diffusion rights to the "TV" networks of the time.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:33 pm

Most of the profits will go to the cause of my choice, or to my own foundation.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:37 pm

I mean, even without getting into get rich quick schemes,

after only a hundred years of working a normal job, I could have spared enough money to start investing into different business, and get a steady income which would free my time to do other things.

Without needing to be a genius, if I don't become victim of a revolution or some hiccups of history, in a thousand years the probabilities of me having become a billionaire through legit and humanist means do not seem far-fetched.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:39 pm

Eh, investments and jobs. I'll just do the "Kill the Immortal Gameshow" and air it on my own private channel.

All proceeds will benefit the CamoBadger Needs a Vacation Home Identical in Design to Minas Tirith Foundation, because that's the kind of guy I am. Giving, caring, and always happy to help the community (as long as they stay the fuck out of Camus Badgith).
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:50 pm

The only problem with all this being very public stuff is that the Government would probably want to do tests on you to figure out how your immortality worked, so it would probably be for the best if you kept a low profile
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:51 pm

If I was immortal, I'd replace Tarn Adams after he dies of old age, and then keep developing Dwarf Fortress.

It's good to have an infinite task to fill the infinite time.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:55 pm

stringtheory wrote:The only problem with all this being very public stuff is that the Government would probably want to do tests on you to figure out how your immortality worked, so it would probably be for the best if you kept a low profile
If they want me, they have to participate in the hunt Crazy
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Also, everyone should watch this movie! It's the best in the series!

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Valikdu wrote:Also, everyone should watch this movie! It's the best in the series!

Spoiler:
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:12 pm

stringtheory wrote:The only problem with all this being very public stuff is that the Government would probably want to do tests on you to figure out how your immortality worked, so it would probably be for the best if you kept a low profile
You're going about it the wrong way. If I go public and everyone knows I exist and am immortal,

yeah I'll go and let the scientific community study my immortality, with my consent.

My existence being public, I'm insured against the worst abuses - I'm not going to spend eternity trying to hide my existence and constantly worrying that someone might find my secret.

Go with the flow and surf the wave, that's my philosophy.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:33 pm

I'd spend a good few centuries training my body--and martial arts skills--to the absolute maximum they could possibly be. Y'know, "kill 'em before they blink" levels.

I'd also want to know if the immortality was genetic. If it was, I'd proceed to have exactly twelve sons, trained from birth to worship and obey me without question, who would each proceed to have exactly twelve sons, who would each proceed to have exactly twelve sons....

In a few generations, I've thousands of hyper-fanatical soldiers, all competing amongst themselves for my favor. The universe would drown in a tide of my blood
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I'd spend a good few centuries training my body--and martial arts skills--to the absolute maximum they could possibly be. Y'know, "kill 'em before they blink" levels.

I'd also want to know if the immortality was genetic. If it was, I'd proceed to have exactly twelve sons, trained from birth to worship and obey me without question, who would each proceed to have exactly twelve sons, who would each proceed to have exactly twelve sons....

In a few generations, I've thousands of hyper-fanatical soldiers, all competing amongst themselves for my favor. The universe would drown in a tide of my blood
Too bad Immortal =! Unkillable Spike
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:44 pm

I was under the impression we were specifically speaking of the IM-mortal brand of immortality, where dying is just IMP-possible.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Somehow this comes to my mind when talking of immortality :

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 22_19_24_664_295994__UNOPT__safe_princess_luna_hate_i_have_no_mouth_and_i_must_scream_artist_hnkkorgris_51688861a4c72dac23000941
http://derpiboo.ru/295994
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:57 pm

People seem to forget that the original speaker of that line that so many people have ripped off....was an A.I.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:08 pm

I know it was an AI. Which is partly why speaking of immortality remind me of that line.

Just imagine the sheer amount of HATE an immortal being could build in the course of its potentially eternal life.

As for Luna, it apply both because of the immortallity, and both because she has been exiled for a thousand year by her sister (which I imagine would be the person she's talking too - in a situation like this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xtYp8l0xiY )
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I was under the impression we were specifically speaking of the IM-mortal brand of immortality, where dying is just IMP-possible.
Oh, if we're talking about THAT kind of immortal then I have to change my plans.

If I can't die from any cause at all, some people in this world will be dying.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Well, I'd guess there'd still be ways to die, but not any straightforward ones.

Like if someone explode you, you'll probably just regrow over the course of a few seconds, minutes, hours, days, month or years depending on how you want to see it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:32 pm

swicked wrote:...but hey, I'm always an advocate of forgiveness and redemption, so it's in my nature to try to forego hatred and kinda hard for me to grasp an eternity of hatred at all.
I'm in the same camp, really, but when you see some people let hate consume them so much as to be ready to die just to kill the object of their hatred....

... or to order the murder of millions in the name of that hatred...

... well, there's still potential for some immortals to go REALLY batshit insane on hatred, depending on the circumstances.

1000 years of lunar exile could qualify as that kind of circumstances depending on exactly how it happened, and what where the exact conditions of said exile.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Immortality
Sandman - Hob Gadling
Too much to miss out on. Though it will screw with your memory, trying to remember it all.

Re: Kill or Be Killed, for fun and profit
Reminds me of "The Most Dangerous Game"
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:32 pm

If you haven't watched it yet, watch the abridged series => http://yugiohabridged.com/
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Team Four-Star's Hellsing Ultimate Abridged is also just absolutely fucking hilarious
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next