Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Ketchup
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Meleagridis
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Frost
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
Aonee
20 posters

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Did anyone else here play 40K: Space Marine?
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:12 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Did anyone else here play 40K: Space Marine?

No because they are anatomically impossible
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Did anyone else here play 40K: Space Marine?

I did

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:19 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:No because they are anatomically impossible

Sodomize yourself

Guarddogjr wrote: I did

What'd you think of it? I really liked the combat and the characterizations, though the campaign could have definitely been longer
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Mister Frost wrote:

What'd you think of it? I really liked the combat and the characterizations, though the campaign could have definitely been longer

I liked the combat, and the characters were all right. But I don't really like the Ultramarines to begin with so that's probably why. Though I have to say I liked Nemaroth(Or how ever you spell it.) was probably my favorite, the warboss was pretty cool kind of annoying but it's what I expected from an Ork. In all honesty I wish they made a dlc or have extended the campaign so you could of played as either the Blood Raven's(Though, I don't really like them either)Or maybe the Black Templars that showed up at the end. I think it would of been fun to play as the melee oriented Templars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:36 pm

The Templars are fucking badasses anyway. Their idea of a "small squad" would be "eighty pissed-off dudes with power swords", not "three dudes with boosters"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:39 pm

Yeah, I've always liked the Templars, that and Salamanders and Grey Knights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Yeah, shame what fucking Ward did to the Knights, though
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Yeah, shame what fucking Ward did to the Knights, though

We don't talk about Him, Frost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Yeah, shame what fucking Ward did to the Knights, though

We don't talk about Him, Frost.
Yes, HIM:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 206656_md-BloodAngelsBroFistFistBumpHumorHumourMatWardNecrons

Alternativly I found this in my image search for 'matt ward heresy', it was the first result:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 70887__safe_ponified_parody_warhammer-40k_brohoof_space-marine_heresy_necron_tyranids_blood-angels_matt-ward_your-spiritual-liege
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:15 pm

@swicked:
For the cloak, when she first said she wore it because she was "disgusting", I actually looked back to find pictures and see if there was a deformity or a bad scar on her, but I didn't see any on her body.
This leads me to believe that she may be incredibly self-conscious and believe that she is somehow deformed even though she isn't. She appears to be very self-loathing, so it wouldn't surprise me if she thought that she's disfigured and wants to hide it. It could be a result of being bullied a lot as a child or being abused by an authority figure, but I don't think we've heard anything about that.

For her "personal problem", I'm thinking it might be a part of that self-conscious thing. There may be nothing wrong with her at all, but years of being told there is by others could have actually convinced her that she's got something horrible that she must hide from the world or be judged.
Alternatively (I refuse to let this go), she has some kind of connection with Death beyond just preparing bodies for burial.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:18 pm

CamoBadger wrote:*snip*
I don't have much to add, you've pretty much nailed it, though I do stand by my (unsaid) claim that Requiem is a self-insert of Somber.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:20 pm

1D4Chan describes his fluff as "And now Necrons and Blood Angels are super BFF Butt buddies, hooray"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:28 pm

swicked wrote:For anyone following the requiem tumblr, why do you think she wears a cloak, anyway?
I could sorta understand wearing it in her normal duties so that she doesn't get too much gunk on her, but when she was wearing it to ponyville it struck me as odd, for some reason. She confirmed that it is of some importance to her job, and that what she does is "disgusting" and the cloak helps, so naturally, I think she gets rather messy and she puts on the cloak afterwards to hide all the mess.
I'm considering asking if she has ever considered taking a box of wet wipes with her, but since she makes her own clothes, I figure she's a bit cheap for that... and any question directly how she can stand to get covered in all that filth would likely be responded to with a page-long story about how she's never been squeamish. Plus the former question is already based on an assumption and could be ignored in favor of questions that don't make those.

Really curious about what "personal problem" she could have as an undertaker that doesn't land her in jail, that Celestia could "help" her with and that a cloak that she otherwise isn't wearing anything under (we've seen her take it on, off, and hold up, AND she makes them herself) makes things easier with.

I directly asked if she could try a brighter color just for her excursions into Ponyville. She might reply that she can only make her clothes out of spare potato sacks or something, or she could state that it needs to be a darker color for her work, which would go a long way to confirming that the work she does IS messy.

I also made an indirect question about cannibalism, as that'd be about as disgusting as they come and would definitely be a "personal problem", though far from a legally-acceptable one, so it was mostly just for my own amusement XD

I like stories told through questions like this... particularly since all the questions I've submitted thus far have been answered :P
Are not enough people curious about a somber story?
Oh, I'm definitely following it. I haven't thought of any good questions, though (apart from "So what exactly is this problem that you keep talking about, because I don't see anything?", which I assume has been asked).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:35 pm

...Somber runs a story tumblr thing?

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Ironmonger wrote:...Somber runs a story tumblr thing?
Here's the link: Requiem
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Mister Frost wrote:

Sodomize yourself

Tried to but it us just as anatomically impossible as the war hammer spacemarines
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:

Sodomize yourself

Tried to but it us just as anatomically impossible as the war hammer spacemarines
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 You_came_to_the_wrong_neighborhood_by_umiaq-d5azgwc

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:08 am

We've discussed this, Rum. No, the armor doesn't fit humans. The Space Marines aren't goddamn motherfucking humans
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:10 am

Mister Frost wrote:We've discussed this, Rum. No, the armor doesn't fit humans. The Space Marines aren't goddamn motherfucking humans
yeah, they're post-human enhanced super solders, also this is 40k, logic is expressly banned by the Imperium, so they can't even see how Space Marines wouldn't work
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:36 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:

Sodomize yourself

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 You_came_to_the_wrong_neighborhood_by_umiaq-d5azgwc

pffft... Ironmonger, why you make me laugh so hard?

also, when and how did you get your camo point?

Mister Frost wrote:We've discussed this, Rum. No, the armor doesn't fit humans. The Space Marines aren't goddamn motherfucking humans

...-_- The illustrations you have for the relation on how they fit into the armor clearly shows impossible fit. you've said they are modified space humans which means they are humans, why would you go and contradict yourself.

stringtheory wrote:
yeah, they're post-human enhanced super solders, also this is 40k, logic is expressly banned by the Imperium, so they can't even see how Space Marines wouldn't work

I mean looking at the geometrics of the armor itself modified humans or not, they can't put their arms down. the armor plate used to make up the chest and back portions is rounded and the thickness is obviously the exact same as that used on the upper arm areas, given how the sides rise up to the armpit the upper arm armor section would make it about so they could only lower from about -25 degrees from a perfectly right angle or parallel with the floor. besides, power armor outdoes and all that any kind of mod enhancements anyway. Get me some Enclave Power Armor and i'm set. not only that it appears that space marine standard issue firearms are capable of penetrating the tank armor of large tracked vehicles with armor thickness described as being as thick as an arm... so with that in mind, why bother with cumbersome armor at all? might get a booboo on the knee. so really its just a shock fear and intimidation factor, so it would be an application of terror and an aura of peril. Not really useful when confronting soldiers meant to face the peril. so they could save on resources and energy by using their modified humans with much lighter variants of blast resistant armors instead. Then utilize this genetic modification technology to engineer humans with more durable skin and a natural sort of suspension fluid in their body cavities to prevent shock from explosive and concussive blasts.

and banning logic in an imperium would be stupendously self defeating, and in the end drive a group to its inevitable death.

Sounds like they are just a bunch of Christian religious extremists.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:48 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

...-_- The illustrations you have for the relation on how they fit into the armor clearly shows impossible fit. you've said they are modified space humans which means they are humans, why would you go and contradict yourself.

stringtheory wrote:

I mean looking at the geometrics of the armor itself modified humans or not, they can't put their arms down. the armor plate used to make up the chest and back portions is rounded and the thickness is obviously the exact same as that used on the upper arm areas, given how the sides rise up to the armpit the upper arm armor section would make it about so they could only lower from about -25 degrees from a perfectly right angle or parallel with the floor. besides, power armor outdoes and all that any kind of mod enhancements anyway. Get me some Enclave Power Armor and i'm set. not only that it appears that space marine standard issue firearms are capable of penetrating the tank armor of large tracked vehicles with armor thickness described as being as thick as an arm... so with that in mind, why bother with cumbersome armor at all? might get a booboo on the knee. so really its just a shock fear and intimidation factor, so it would be an application of terror and an aura of peril. Not really useful when confronting soldiers meant to face the peril. so they could save on resources and energy by using their modified humans with much lighter variants of blast resistant armors instead. Then utilize this genetic modification technology to engineer humans with more durable skin and a natural sort of suspension fluid in their body cavities to prevent shock from explosive and concussive blasts.

and banning logic in an imperium would be stupendously self defeating, and in the end drive a group to its inevitable death.

Here's the quote:
Thought of the Day wrote:A logical argument must be dismissed with absolute conviction!

Don't worry, the Imperium is losing, they're just losing very slowly

And yes the imperium are catholic space nazis, and they're the good guys

Here are some quotes just to prove the insanity of 40k:

Youtube comment wrote:Warhammer 40k; Where tactical nukes are used as anti-personnel landmines, personal weapons are fully automatic 20mm gyrojet grenade launchers, escort ships are capable of crippling planets by ramming them at full speed (I actually did the math one snowy day), billions die due to rounding errors in the Imperial Bureaucracy, where FTL involves jumping into hell, navigating by the beacon lit by souls, and jumping out before the daemons catch you...

TV Tropes, This Is Your Premise On Drugs wrote:"Warhammer Fantasy is Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of steroids and GBH. And Warhammer 40000 is the above on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming WAAAGH! and waving a chainsaw sword."
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 am

@Rum
Religious extremists is an apt descriptor, yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 am

@Rum I try, man, I try.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:58 am

stringtheory wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

stringtheory wrote:

Here's the quote:
Thought of the Day wrote:A logical argument must be dismissed with absolute conviction!

Don't worry, the Imperium is losing, they're just losing very slowly

And yes the imperium are catholic space nazis, and they're the good guys

Here are some quotes just to prove the insanity of 40k:

Youtube comment wrote:Warhammer 40k; Where tactical nukes are used as anti-personnel landmines, personal weapons are fully automatic 20mm gyrojet grenade launchers, escort ships are capable of crippling planets by ramming them at full speed (I actually did the math one snowy day), billions die due to rounding errors in the Imperial Bureaucracy, where FTL involves jumping into hell, navigating by the beacon lit by souls, and jumping out before the daemons catch you...

TV Tropes, This Is Your Premise On Drugs wrote:"Warhammer Fantasy is Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of steroids and GBH. And Warhammer 40000 is the above on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming WAAAGH! and waving a chainsaw sword."

so you agree with me when i say this is basically nonsensical...

The Imperium could improve by changing their tactics. I mean really, don't jump through hell to travel for one, surely the ability to compress and expand the fabric of spacetime is within their technological grasp if they are able to construct vessels which by all rights should fall apart under their own weight. (by this I mean when you have the land based vehicles like mobile castle thingies.)

and if their ships are as massive as described then they must surely have the powergeneration abilities for space compression travel.

I have the absolute conviction in this. Besides, if you want your cannon fodder to be useful, they should be able to put their arms down.

Also, when I said religious christian fanatics, I was talking about what was essentially Crusades era fanaticism...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:so you agree with me when i say this is basically nonsensical...

The Imperium could improve by changing their tactics. I mean really, don't jump through hell to travel for one, surely the ability to compress and expand the fabric of spacetime is within their technological grasp if they are able to construct vessels which by all rights should fall apart under their own weight.

I have the absolute conviction in this. Besides, if you want your cannon fodder to be useful, they should be able to put their arms down.

Also, when I said religious christian fanatics, I was talking about what was essentially Crusades era fanaticism...
Yes, 40k is nonsensical, and we love it that way, now onto to trying to justify your points...

The only problem is that the Imperium's technology is controlled by a Techno-cult who worships it and considers changing it in any real way to be HERESY, they vary anywhere from barely understanding how the technology works to being competent engineers with a layer of religion added on. Also much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Plus it's been suggested that jumping through hell is the best form of FTL humanity could come up with

Oh don't worry, the Space Marines aren't cannon fodder they're elite shock troops, only around one million of them exist, supposedly the number of human controlled worlds also. The Imperium has trillions uncounted numbers of Guardsmen, normal squishy humans holding the line against innumerable, sometimes indescribable horrors
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 am

Just found a big carton of Milk Duds, upon discovering such delectable treats I shouted MILK DUDS FOR THE MILK DUDS GOD!

Dammit, I'm fat...

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 am

stringtheory wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:so you agree with me when i say this is basically nonsensical...

The Imperium could improve by changing their tactics. I mean really, don't jump through hell to travel for one, surely the ability to compress and expand the fabric of spacetime is within their technological grasp if they are able to construct vessels which by all rights should fall apart under their own weight.

Yes, 40k is nonsensical, and we love it that way, now onto to trying to justify your points...

The only problem is that the Imperium's technology is controlled by a Techno-cult who worships it and considers changing it in any real way to be HERESY, they vary anywhere from barely understanding how the technology works to being competent engineers with a layer of religion added on. Also much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Plus it's been suggested that jumping through hell is the best form of FTL humanity could come up with

Oh don't worry, the Space Marines aren't cannon fodder they're elite shock troops, only around one million of them exist, supposedly the number of human controlled worlds also. The Imperium has trillions uncounted numbers of Guardsmen, normal squishy humans holding the line against innumerable, sometimes indescribable horrors

oh i see, so they clad their best warriors in uselss armor?

second I doubt the technocult could withstand the might of said million spehse mehrins if it came down to it. Worship of technology should be heresy i mean you know how the emporer is the one whom they would worship soo... Unless hell jumping is moving them through the vast distances across the universe from one side to the other... i'm not so sure...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:oh i see, so they clad their best warriors in uselss armor?

second I doubt the technocult could withstand the might of said million spehse mehrins if it came down to it. Worship of technology should be heresy i mean you know how the emporer is the one whom they would worship soo... Unless hell jumping is moving them through the vast distances across the universe from one side to the other... i'm not so sure...
It works in the fluff, don't ask how.

The only problem is that the Mechanicus has a complete monopoly on understanding technology in the Imperium, this includes the FTL drives and the 300 meter tall humongous mecha battle titans, and most importantly the Golden Throne which keeps the Emperor in stasis. Technically the Mechanicum worships the Omnissiah, the machine god, whom most of the Mechanicum see the Emperor as either the Omnissiah or at the very least the physical incarnation of him, though there is some contention with the sects of the Mechanicum who see the two as separate entities. Also 'hell jumping' is called 'warp travel' and involves going into a parallel dimension which is a reflection of all mortal emotion (it's described as an ocean), therefore normal laws of space and time don't apply, the Imperium navigates by the Astronomicon, a beacon of psychic energy powered by the souls of a thousand psychers a day and guided by the Emperor, using specially tolerated mutants/psychers called navigators who have a third eye which lets them look at the warp without going insane like other mortals, all the while hoping the geller fields don't cut out and let in deamons, who are literally made of your worst nightmares.
Essentally the following sums up warp travel quite nicely:
Spoiler:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:01 am

Reading that hurt my eyes.

It also made me realize that the universe of 40K refuses to give common sense or logic to anybody. Because after the test run of that technology, who decided "I see nothing wrong with this, let's keep it"?
Honestly, Alicorn Twilight makes more sense to me.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next