Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+52
Derpmind
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
ARoundCorner
iLateralGX
Bootleg
skibadaa
Plasticube
Scootayay
Aonee
TalixZero
RandomBlank
FoolNeim
Karasu
Ametros
Regolit
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
nebulous
Randombuttons
Meleagridis
Mister Nikel
Icy Shake
Sindri
Luminous Lead
OneMoreDaySK
Mech
hawkeye92
Stringtheory
Snipehamster
WovenTales
CamoBadger
Valikdu
RoboRed
Vergil
Kippershy
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Kaidon
WavemasterRyx
CannonFodder
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Ketchup
SilentCarto
56 posters

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:15 pm

Vergil wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Vergil wrote:I forgot to share this last night, but I feel compelled to do so now.

I'm a music nerd, but for whatever reason I don't typically listen to music while I read. I had a lot of background noise in my apartment last night though, so I broke with tradition.

When Blackjack went to examine herself in the mirror, my library on random came up with "False King" by Two Steps from hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gkBmgpAb9U

Considering I agree that this is the basis of BJ's final form, that gave me chills.

OKay so listening to that track I envisioned the scene then broke it into a trailer

Spoiler:

Are you inside my head?

you sir, must be in mine.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vergil Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:15 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Vergil wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Vergil wrote:I forgot to share this last night, but I feel compelled to do so now.

I'm a music nerd, but for whatever reason I don't typically listen to music while I read. I had a lot of background noise in my apartment last night though, so I broke with tradition.

When Blackjack went to examine herself in the mirror, my library on random came up with "False King" by Two Steps from hell.

Considering I agree that this is the basis of BJ's final form, that gave me chills.

OKay so listening to that track I envisioned the scene then broke it into a trailer

Spoiler:

Are you inside my head?

In all fairness, that WOULD explain a lot...
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:18 pm

yes yes, just don't suffocate too much, there may be room but the traffic is very very heavy
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah last thing we need is a bunch of Deus running around with a 20mm turrets for their heads.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Of course not. He'll fall in love with a <i>FLYING</i> tank.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:00 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah last thing we need is a bunch of Deus running around with a 20mm turrets for their heads.

...I just imagined the Pinkie swarm from Too Many Pinkie Pies, but made of little Deuses and chanting another word instead of 'fun'.

I didn't need that image.

Also, now I'm in anticipation for the application of the OTHER Armor Piercing Question to somepony.
Spoiler:
It's going to be... so.. awesome.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:17 pm

I expect it to be asked by

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:26 pm

I just had a sudden realization-
Spoiler:

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I expect it to be asked by

Spoiler:
Wait, what page was this? I think I missed that part.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:48 pm

The second time BlackJack died.

That big scary place full of Tortured Souls ?

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 pm

For some reason I feel like this song could be very appropriate to PH
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:16 pm

On a general basis, I feel that Nine Inch Nails tend to really fit with PH. What with the angst and all that... Crazy

Plus, there's always that feel of desolation / "end of the world" with Trent Reznor's song. A very personal kind of end of the world.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:22 pm

I definitely agree with that. NiN is great for the FoE universe, especially PH.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:35 pm

CamoBadger wrote:For some reason I feel like this song could be very appropriate to PH

As I said on the Chat Thread this song would be Very Good as well.

As for
Spoiler:

Last edited by tylertoon2 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:35 pm

I suppose i should pull some NiN and listen with PH in mind
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:38 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:As for
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:47 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:
As I said on the Chat Thread this song would be Very Good as well.
Spoiler:
I'd say yes.
I also listen to it while I play XCOM. It does fit strangely in some situations.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Kippershy wrote:I haven't completed reading the chapter yet, but I'll say one thing:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
tylertoon2 wrote:As for
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 pm

O. Hinds wrote:The second one. I'm afraid that I don't really see where the confusion is coming from.
I guess the "use it more easily" line seems to refer to the PipBuck rather than the leg. There's a lot of "it"s in the sentence, which makes it kind of hard to follow. I can see what you're saying now, but reading it fresh, I was confused. I think this change would make it far more clear:

Scotch Tape lifted my remaining foreleg, removed it so that she could use my PipBuck more easily and wouldn’t damage me further by pulling on it, opened the panel, and fiddled with the controls a bit.

If I were editing this for reals, I would suggest giving the leg removal a few more words, then breaking the sentence in half since it has so many clauses all stuck together.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:55 pm

Re Glory asking about Blackjack/Boo:
There seems to be some confusion about this. Basically, Glory doesn't know what Blackjack's culture says here. She thought she did... and then there was the whole "Wait... having sex with somepony I just met without telling you is a problem?" thing. For all Glory knows before she asks, Blackjack could have just as cluelessly had sex with Boo (who's not quite a pony, after all) without expecting Glory to be even miffed.

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:The second one. I'm afraid that I don't really see where the confusion is coming from.
I guess the "use it more easily" line seems to refer to the PipBuck rather than the leg. There's a lot of "it"s in the sentence, which makes it kind of hard to follow. I can see what you're saying now, but reading it fresh, I was confused. I think this change would make it far more clear:

Scotch Tape lifted my remaining foreleg, removed it so that she could use my PipBuck more easily and wouldn’t damage me further by pulling on it, opened the panel, and fiddled with the controls a bit.

If I were editing this for reals, I would suggest giving the leg removal a few more words, then breaking the sentence in half since it has so many clauses all stuck together.
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:09 pm

The new chapter was great. I haven't quite penned my thoughts on it yet but there was some excellent background going on and tying off some loose ends with the Marauders.

What really got me thinking was Goldenblood's conversation with Trottenheimer. Since Starmetal and moonstone self anhialate each other, to conserve physics it would release the energy of twenty thousand tons of matter. Which equates to 1.8e24J. Or enough power to rival the US's energy output for about a hundred thousand years. Or over seven and a half million times bigger than the biggest nuclear weapon ever detonated. In fact, it's 1800 times more energy than the La Rita supervolcanic eruption.
Scaling up ejecta from that eruption in a perfect sphere from the surface you would get a crater almost 3000km across and 1500km deep- over halfway through the mantle. Debris would be flung into orbit and the planet's crust would entirely melt.

Of course since the bomb would be relatively close to the surface rather than a few hundred kilometers beneath it, the crater probably wouldn't be that big- but there would still be enough energy directed downwards to punch a big hole into the mantle and you're still reaching the levels of 40k Planet Killer territory.

Trottenheimer was a bit off. True the planet would still be here, but the seas would almost certainly either drain into the mantle under their own weight (there is actually a lot of water down there) or turn into steam. The atmosphere would survive, but it would be a far cry from as we would know it today and certainly unsurvivable.

Some ponies just want to watch the world burn.
Others provide the matches.

It's getting late so I'm not sure how accurate my physics is, but I've checked it over a couple of times and it seems more or less in order, but with so many powers of 10 one slip can be huge.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Icy Shake wrote:“Harmonia from Crystal Empire,” she indicated a white mare who was… sparkling?

Outside the bounds of the Empire? Does the effect persist more with longer exposure in PH?
Well, their manes look sort of glassy even in their normal mode, and they all flashed fully crystalline when something made them happy, so it may simply be based on emotional state. The crystal heart's effect wore off for the normal ponies, but I would assume crystal ponies can do it anywhere. (Thus the name. --Cass)

Icy Shake wrote:Beyond the two robots was an elevator shaft and a platform lift.
Should that be "were"?
Yup, it should. Or make the subject singular as "an elevator shaft with a platform lift."

Icy Shake wrote:Anyway, it also occurred to me how strikingly the attitude of the ponies of Equestria mirrored that of the belligerents of the first world war at its outset, even as the war ended up having a greater resemblance to the second world war and cold war in its combat and end.
Well, you know... war never changes.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:You know Blackjack is well on her way to doing that tho. Shes going to interface with some giant shadowbolt mecha and take on cognitium while harbringers and her allies do battle below. she wins and destroys her mech in the process. she then makes her way to spike's cave to help defend it from the enclave. Think about it, "device not found"... she plugs into the mobile suit, device found, interfacing, actuators initiated, stabilizers operating 100% efficiency, FADE shield system Charging(AT Field), Neighvangelion Unit 01 Launch!
Is it okay if I'd rather they went the Gurren Lagann route and had BJ ditching progressively smaller mecha until she's going hand-to-hand with the enemy robot?

Valikdu wrote:I was really creeped out (well, more so than usual, but in a good way) when Horse asked that question. And Flash answered.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Tumblr_mcosltMv6X1rx65x1
Not sure if intentional or not.
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this! Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?"

Nice catch! I didn't notice that myself.

scootayay wrote:Does the Tokomare have anything to do with "Tokamak" fusion reactors?
Yes.

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Vergil wrote:Are you inside my head?
Welcome... to Unity.

Icy Shake wrote:I wouldn't go quite that far. At a lunar density of 3346 kg/m^3, or about 3 1/3 tonnes per cubic meter, 10,000 tonnes of moon rock just means a volume of 3,000 cubic meters, or a cube about 14.4 meters on a side--quite a bit less than the estimated volume (much less mass) of gold ever mined on Earth--perhaps somewhat larger if you assume the surface is less dense than the inner layers of the moon, but that's a second-order consideration. So it's not a trivial amount to acquire via conventional means, but far from impossible to get, especially if Luna could somehow hook Goldenblood or Horse up.
Agreed. I did some back-of-the-envelope calculations that the stated volume of moon rock plus optimum starmetal mass would add up to a small mountain -- a cone about 5,000 feet tall. It's a huge amount of material on human scale, but a tiny fraction of the moon's mass.

O. Hinds wrote:Re Glory asking about Blackjack/Boo:
There seems to be some confusion about this. Basically, Glory doesn't know what Blackjack's culture says here. She thought she did... and then there was the whole "Wait... having sex with somepony I just met without telling you is a problem?" thing. For all Glory knows before she asks, Blackjack could have just as cluelessly had sex with Boo (who's not quite a pony, after all) without expecting Glory to be even miffed.
Ahh, right. Okay, that does make sense now. And BJ's answer was... less definite than one could have hoped.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ARoundCorner Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Boo x Blackjack 4ever

Last edited by ARoundCorner on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ARoundCorner
ARoundCorner
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Aroundcorner
Sex: Yes, PLEASE!
Species: Ponies or Humans, either one is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Re: Blackjack X Boo... Folks seemed to miss the point were BJ said "If she TOLD me it was okay..."
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Well... at the rate she's going, or rather at the rate Somber is writing her. By the end of the story either they're going to use Boo as a replacement body for Blackjack.

Or Boo is going to become the closest thing to a daughter Blackjack and Glory are going to be able to have.

Just what I think at this point in time. It's always likely to change as the story goes on.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:51 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:I wouldn't go quite that far. At a lunar density of 3346 kg/m^3, or about 3 1/3 tonnes per cubic meter, 10,000 tonnes of moon rock just means a volume of 3,000 cubic meters, or a cube about 14.4 meters on a side--quite a bit less than the estimated volume (much less mass) of gold ever mined on Earth--perhaps somewhat larger if you assume the surface is less dense than the inner layers of the moon, but that's a second-order consideration. So it's not a trivial amount to acquire via conventional means, but far from impossible to get, especially if Luna could somehow hook Goldenblood or Horse up.
Agreed. I did some back-of-the-envelope calculations that the stated volume of moon rock plus optimum starmetal mass would add up to a small mountain -- a cone about 5,000 feet tall. It's a huge amount of material on human scale, but a tiny fraction of the moon's mass.

I found that the density of surface moonrock is 2200-2600kg/m-3. At it's most dense it would only require a cube of a little over 7 metres. You could put it on a few trucks and hide it pretty much anywhere if you carved it up.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Somber wrote:Re: Blackjack X Boo... Folks seemed to miss the point were BJ said "If she TOLD me it was okay..."
Oh oh Somber, before you disappear again what scene(of cyberpony blackjack) would you like fanart of? I've been trying to get a response, but you are more elusive than a white stallion unicorn.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by skibadaa Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:18 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

Spoiler:
...somebody should make this into an animation, that would be absolutely glorious. For some of the fights maybe show her as she was before being cyberized, so that it has the effect of her questioning what she's become even further.

While we are on the soundtrack tip:
https://youtu.be/n-HQ3ZPsMmg
That was my pick for Steelhooves' funeral in FO:E

Also, I heard this on the radio and immediately thought it could be written about BJ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAasfgE_Y-c

Trying to learn flash to make animations for this... probs wont tho, or someone better will beat me to it Sweetie Belle
skibadaa
skibadaa
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by skibadaa Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Vergil wrote:
Eater confirmed as Lavos, we're doomed.

OMG!! LAVOS!! YESSSS!! It upsets me that I didn't make this connection myself Derpy Hooves
skibadaa
skibadaa
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next