Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+52
Derpmind
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
ARoundCorner
iLateralGX
Bootleg
skibadaa
Plasticube
Scootayay
Aonee
TalixZero
RandomBlank
FoolNeim
Karasu
Ametros
Regolit
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
nebulous
Randombuttons
Meleagridis
Mister Nikel
Icy Shake
Sindri
Luminous Lead
OneMoreDaySK
Mech
hawkeye92
Stringtheory
Snipehamster
WovenTales
CamoBadger
Valikdu
RoboRed
Vergil
Kippershy
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Kaidon
WavemasterRyx
CannonFodder
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Ketchup
SilentCarto
56 posters

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Empty ramage

Post by Meleagridis Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:14 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
Someone should do a non-canon bar scene with blackjack and littlepip XD
And death just casually passes blackjack giving her a brohoof saying, "see you again in two weeks and three weeks and four weeks and five weeks"

No death, but Drunken Wasteland Ponies tries its best to finish the sentence, "Blackjack, Littlepip, and the protagonist from the Fallout games walk into a bar..."
Since we seem to be on something close to that subject.

WavemasterRyx wrote:Rampage.

Looks so... demure. Not a face I ever expected to see the character wear.

I was delighted to hear that you started the challenge, by the way. Keep up the good work.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:29 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:So, since the beginning of December, I've been doing a "25 Days of Pony" challenge, drawing one of my favorite ponies every day, and today's was Rampage.
Spoiler:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/37734533559
Nice, though, as has been said, one wonders what situation has led Rampage to put on socks and a look like that...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:07 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Nice, though, as has been said, one wonders what situation has led Rampage to put on socks and a look like that...
Simple Rampage has gone a courting, for who, for what who knows.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:00 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Nice, though, as has been said, one wonders what situation has led Rampage to put on socks and a look like that...
Scotch invented Power Socks.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Hrng, braided tail, as it should be!

Surprised TV pony hasn't had more tailbraids.

Totally wanna see filly Rampage and Scotch braiding each other's with Scotch wearing hoofgloves for the barbed wire.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:39 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:So, since the beginning of December, I've been doing a "25 Days of Pony" challenge, drawing one of my favorite ponies every day, and today's was Rampage.
Spoiler:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/37734533559
EEEEEEE! Rainbow
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Simple Rampage has gone a courting, for who, for what who knows.

Priest after a lot of alcohol?
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Rampage in socks? Approve 200%.

Spanish final went good. One more left and I can sleep for a decade.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Looks so... demure. Not a face I ever expected to see the character wear.
I was delighted to hear that you started the challenge, by the way. Keep up the good work.
Thank you, Mel. I was actually torn between a few different ideas for Rampage, but I thought it would be a nice call back to my first picture of her.
Doing the challenge has been a bit rough sometimes, but I'm glad I did it.

O. Hinds wrote:Nice, though, as has been said, one wonders what situation has led Rampage to put on socks and a look like that...
Cptadder wrote:Simple Rampage has gone a courting, for who, for what who knows.
Thank you, and well... the most crackpot idea I could come up with is P-21 that she found the Mirror Pool and made a copy of herself so one could be Twist and one could be Shujaa.

SilentCarto wrote:Scotch invented Power Socks.
YES! So let it be written, so let it be done!

Caoimhe wrote:Hrng, braided tail, as it should be!
Surprised TV pony hasn't had more tailbraids.
Totally wanna see filly Rampage and Scotch braiding each other's with Scotch wearing hoofgloves for the barbed wire.
I'm glad you like it, ma'am. I can easily understand why most artist just take the "poofy Twist-tail" route though, and probably why they don't have them on the show much. Braids are hard to draw.
That sounds really cute, I don't think I could pull it off though.

CamoBadger wrote:EEEEEEE! Rainbow
Heh, glad you like it.

tylertoon2 wrote:Priest after a lot of alcohol?
Nah... I already did enough traumatizing with Priest for Hearts and Hooves Day.

Quotidian wrote:Rampage in socks? Approve 200%.
Spanish final went good. One more left and I can sleep for a decade.
Thank you, sir, I'm glad you liked it, and I do hope your finals go well.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:57 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Thank you, and well... the most crackpot idea I could come up with is P-21 that she found the Mirror Pool and made a copy of herself so one could be Twist and one could be Shujaa.
:D 'Tis a great drawing, and also this is a weird-yet-adorable and great idea. It also raises the question: does the Pool clone souls? Or is it more like it creates reflections of the soul, sort of like Rarity's statuettes? If the latter, then the question is, where does it get all those fragments of soul from? The user? Or is there a soul imbued into the pool itself that's used as fuel? Maybe even multiple souls.

Cool speculation things!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:01 am

swicked wrote:
It helps rationalize the fact that they desperately didn't want to be sent back into the pool to think that, as fewer of them started to exist, they started to further mimic Pinkie's aura of seriousness as to the paint-staring contest... as opposed to just desiring to be allowed to live.

And if that were the case, I imagine any left after the real pinkie was banished would be very confused, because they wouldn't have the pony they were supposed to be reflecting around.

Yay for overly-complicated headcanon. But no, in summary, I don't think they had anything to do with souls.

I thought that the last Pinkie clone was the original, and that all the other ones reflections of reflections. It's like making photocopies of photocopies- the important details tend to fade and error is introduced with each successive version. Or like how the badass clone troopers from Starwars became the dumb-as-nails imperial storm troopers after Jango left the cloning facility. The spazming Pinkie Pie clones really weren't much like the original at all (the original being the only one who could have objectives other than "fun").

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:08 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:It also raises the question: does the Pool clone souls? Or is it more like it creates reflections of the soul, sort of like Rarity's statuettes? If the latter, then the question is, where does it get all those fragments of soul from? The user? Or is there a soul imbued into the pool itself that's used as fuel? Maybe even multiple souls.

Cool speculation things!
I would assume the clones are magical constructs that have the original's personality imprinted on them, but do not themselves have souls. After all, that's why it was important to pick out the "real" Pinkie. The way they acted is sort of like Pinkie in a vacuum -- they hadn't actually met these ponies Pinkie calls friends, so they had no reason to consider their feelings.

Luminous Lead wrote:I thought that the last Pinkie clone was the original, and that all the other ones reflections of reflections. It's like making photocopies of photocopies- the important details tend to fade and error is introduced with each successive version.
This is now my headcanon.

Luminous Lead wrote:Or like how the badass clone troopers from Starwars became the dumb-as-nails imperial storm troopers after Jango left the cloning facility.
Gotta take issue with this, though. Stormtroopers are not clones. They're just ordinary folks wearing a uniform. And the stormtroopers on Hoth and Endor were pretty badass -- it's just that the Death Star troopers were ordered to herd, but not kill, Luke and the crew so that they could "escape" and lead the Empire to the Rebel base. Not to mention, you don't post your best troops in an ostensibly secret and unassailable fortress. You put your third-rate washouts there, where they're hardly ever expected to actually do anything and the presence of Darth Vader will help rein in any behavioral problems.

swicked wrote:The last pinkie WAS the original, as evidenced by her ability to be anything other that the fun-obsessed copies were.
I believe he means that the last clone standing, the one that finally got distracted by the promise of balloon animals, was the first and most perfect copy. Though I want to note that there were two direct Pinkie clones -- Pinkie copied herself once, then she and the copy copied themselves so they could cover Fluttershy's picnic.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:
I thought that the last Pinkie clone was the original, and that all the other ones reflections of reflections. It's like making photocopies of photocopies- the important details tend to fade and error is introduced with each successive version.
So Pinkamina is the antediluvian who founded the Pinkavian clan, with each subsequent generation becoming weaker than its predecessor?

Imokaywiththis.jpg
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:01 am

Did anyone else see the awesome Reaper Blackjack and P-21 customs Mad Modd made?
They're awesome:
He also has Glory in progress.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:48 am

Hi folks. Wanted to give you a bit of an update... though there's not much to tell at this point. We're doing finals next week and work is crushing me. My hope, though, is once we're actually in to finals on weds that I'll be able to make some progress and hopefully have something out the week of Christmas. Sorry that RL has become such a problem.

Due to length and pacing problems, 53 is being written in a slightly odd fashion. Hope it works.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Somber, we are happy that real life is interfering, because that's what comes along with having a decent job. All hail the paycheck!
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Somber wrote:Hi folks. Wanted to give you a bit of an update... though there's not much to tell at this point. We're doing finals next week and work is crushing me. My hope, though, is once we're actually in to finals on weds that I'll be able to make some progress and hopefully have something out the week of Christmas. Sorry that RL has become such a problem.

Due to length and pacing problems, 53 is being written in a slightly odd fashion. Hope it works.
Good luck, Somber!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:24 pm

@Somber
No worries, 'tis the season of finals and Christmas shopping for many, thus making our lives already quite busy, too! Glad that you've got a plan, and that you're trucking along though finals. :)

@SilentCarto
Dang, those ARE awesome! P-21 looks especially smug. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Somber wrote:Due to length and pacing problems, 53 is being written in a slightly odd fashion. Hope it works.

It will be...ODD-some. Rainbow Dash
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Gotta take issue with this, though. Stormtroopers are not clones. They're just ordinary folks wearing a uniform. And the stormtroopers on Hoth and Endor were pretty badass -- it's just that the Death Star troopers were ordered to herd, but not kill, Luke and the crew so that they could "escape" and lead the Empire to the Rebel base. Not to mention, you don't post your best troops in an ostensibly secret and unassailable fortress. You put your third-rate washouts there, where they're hardly ever expected to actually do anything and the presence of Darth Vader will help rein in any behavioral problems.

After reading up on the subject, I have to partially agree. Stormtroopers were not ALL clones. The Jango Fett progeny became a minority in the force, but they were still there. Several other clone sources (of variable quality) were used as well, and there was indeed recruitment from the Empire's population. While it did seem like it was Darth's plan to get them back to the ship, the troopers seemed pretty motivated to trap and kill the protagonists. The Death Star troopers did kind of suck though :D

Also, Somber is being flooded with marking and term work? This is a good thing. It means you have a life and responsibilities, which helps keep a healthy mind and spirit. Of course, it being a temporary thing is also a good thing. Makes sure to take some time to relax after all that! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 702243357

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote::D 'Tis a great drawing, and also this is a weird-yet-adorable and great idea. It also raises the question: does the Pool clone souls? Or is it more like it creates reflections of the soul, sort of like Rarity's statuettes? If the latter, then the question is, where does it get all those fragments of soul from? The user? Or is there a soul imbued into the pool itself that's used as fuel? Maybe even multiple souls.
Cool speculation things!
Thank you, OAC, I'm glad you liked it. I have no idea how the pool would actually work, but I'm glad the others had fun talking about it for a few minutes anyways. As I said, it was just the most crack-pot idea I could come up with at short notice.

Somber wrote:Hi folks. Wanted to give you a bit of an update... though there's not much to tell at this point. We're doing finals next week and work is crushing me. My hope, though, is once we're actually in to finals on weds that I'll be able to make some progress and hopefully have something out the week of Christmas. Sorry that RL has become such a problem.
Thank you for the update, sir. Please just do whatever you need to, and try not to worry about us. If you can get 53 out by Christmas, it would be a lovely present, but if you can't I'm sure everyone will understand.
Just give it the best try you can. *hugs*

Well, I was hoping to be able to be able to put up yesterday's challenge picture when I posted this, but even though it started out well, I started falling asleep halfway through it, and then this morning just didn't go well at all.
If you still want to see the half-finished version it's here.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Status updates are appreciated no matter what news they bring. In this case, it is good.
Job comes first, we can wait.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Job comes first, don't sweat it dude.
Thanks for the status update, was hoping to hear something from you soon. I personally would like to hear how you are in general every so often, just to know if you're doing fine and such.
Again, don't worry about the story. It's Christmas, after all. We're all having to put in a lot of extra effort in our jobs and the whole monetary side of things only adds to our stresses.
Now, I know that might make you feel you have to push - but I mean the opposite of that. We understand and we'd rather you be stress free and happy, especially when the season only makes it all the worse when someone is worried and stressed.

Just focus on being the best you can be and not on what you can try to force out of yourself. Sometimes the best we can be means resting up and giving ourselves a chance to recharge so when we do go back to what we were doing, we do it better than we would have before if we hadn't had the pause.

Most of all though, try to find some time for yourself. Not work, not us, not the story - try to find time for yourself and do something you really want to do.
Spend an hour in the bath? Feel free, you deserve it.
Binge out on games and food, enjoying a night in (or out!) to relax and let everything go? Why not?
If you find writing the story to be your enjoyment and relaxation, go for it, but only if it's what you truly want to do to chill out.

You're doing a wonderful job. Remember that, because you're a wonderful person.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:03 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rock on, Somber.

I'm buried in work myself right now anyway (and a friend recently turned me on to Kerbal Space Program, lord help me)
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Vergil wrote:

I'm buried in work myself right now anyway (and a friend recently turned me on to Kerbal Space Program, lord help me)

KSP is fucking amazing.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Vergil wrote:

KSP is fucking amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZvJxEMPFmg

So I have discovered!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:07 pm

swicked wrote:...well, I don't want to wait.
Somber, just give any that could spell their own name a B and get back to pony!
It's public school final... It's not like they haven't already earned the grade for the class they deserve and no one's gonna be double-checking your work over winter holiday.

Come on, you know you want to... Trollestia
There is "can wait" and "want to wait". None of us want to wait for a new chapter, but we can and will. We've done it dozens of times.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:03 pm

I like the Sombery deadline action. He posted the last chapter and was all "next before Christmas" and I've been happy with dat since.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I like the Sombery deadline action. He posted the last chapter and was all "next before Christmas" and I've been happy with dat since.
I have been happy with it as well. It seemed like a very realistic timespan for Somber's workload nowadays.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Well seriously! Somber has, up to this point, been absurdly fast. A chapter every three weeks or month for most fics would be ten or fifteen pages each. Somber's are upper thirties to low fifties every time. If there's a slowdown, it's only dropping to about average.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next