Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(PHCC)Minecraft server

+20
Moodyman90
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
Valikdu
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
Apple Crumble
Meleagridis
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Kippershy
XT Vengeance
Vergil
Scootayay
Harmony Ltd.
IncoherentOrange
Orm
Ketchup
Necr0maNceR
Cptadder
24 posters

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

(PHCC)Minecraft server - Page 17 Empty Re: (PHCC)Minecraft server

Post by Cptadder Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Now that I have minecraft, I may be popping in occasionally just to see what the hell you lot are doing. Anything I need to know before I go in, like what kind of mods? General do's and don'ts?
Feed the Beast is the only mod required.

Download minecraft
Download Feed the Beast from Here Hit download, download the client. It's self explanatory, after downloading you run the exe and create a profile. Then hit launch and it will open minecraft then it's minecraft as normal just put in the ip in my sig to connect to the PHCC and take a look around.

Spawn puts you in front of stable 0, you can spin around and come to somberville via the elevated walkway or run via the subway on the 2nd floor of Stable 0 in front of you.

I need to do a notable landmarks of the server.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:16 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Now that I have minecraft, I may be popping in occasionally just to see what the hell you lot are doing. Anything I need to know before I go in, like what kind of mods? General do's and don'ts?

Don't forget to join the teamspeak as well! Sever Adress is here: 8.9.36.41:9207 you can download it here:http://www.teamspeak3.com/?OKEY=google_its3_teamspeak-s
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:21 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:

Don't forget to join the teamspeak as well! Sever Adress is here: 8.9.36.41:9207 you can download it here:http://www.teamspeak3.com/?OKEY=google_its3_teamspeak-s
I'll have to be on my laptop which isn't hooked up yet. I don't have a desktop microphone but my laptop has a built-in mic.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
tylertoon2 wrote:

I'll have to be on my laptop which isn't hooked up yet. I don't have a desktop microphone but my laptop has a built-in mic.
That's fine, just asign a push to talk.
You coming on tonight? I'll give you the grand tour.

Last edited by tylertoon2 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Aye, I'll be right on. I even got a Terminator skin.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm home, server is down for the next hour or there about.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Server is up and online.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:19 am

Thanks to Tyler, I now have a castle to call home on the server. I spruced it up, upgraded the defenses, and I'm making it even bigger. It also serves as a quarry and eventually a pig farm.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Servers down Adder.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:Servers down Adder.
Servers up Tyler
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:38 am

Okay here is where the server stands.
Holidays are coming to an end, we are awaiting the update to Feed the Beast and have began construction in Hoofington. At the moment I'm by myself in the making process in Hoofington.

Currently we are hunting locations and looking around for places to build. The roads are useful to get to the jumping off points and the 9x9 SPP prototype towers mark the edges of what we've built to.

However we need people to build, resources are not a problem as Orange and Necro have put us well into the black in resources. But finding people to start building is hard.

Well I'm going to put together a visual tour of the server to try and draw more people in to meet our goal of building a Hoofington in Minecraft.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:28 pm

Cptadder wrote:Okay here is where the server stands.
Holidays are coming to an end, we are awaiting the update to Feed the Beast and have began construction in Hoofington. At the moment I'm by myself in the making process in Hoofington.

Currently we are hunting locations and looking around for places to build. The roads are useful to get to the jumping off points and the 9x9 SPP prototype towers mark the edges of what we've built to.

However we need people to build, resources are not a problem as Orange and Necro have put us well into the black in resources. But finding people to start building is hard.

Well I'm going to put together a visual tour of the server to try and draw more people in to meet our goal of building a Hoofington in Minecraft.

Awesome. Say the word and I'll help with whatever you tell me.

Also I'm getting bad packet errors.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Server is being weird. I logged on and it's like the map was completely gone, my guy is just falling endlessly.
EDIT: Disregard that.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:30 am

They just added a new mod pack titled "BronyModPack" to the modpack list!
Derpy Hooves
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Ugh. I don't know what happened, I guess I must of accedentally updated or something...

Anyone have a download for the compatible version of FTB?
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:08 pm

The private pack feature is out now. See this thread for details on how to use it. It's a little more difficult to set up than I had hoped, but still seems like a good option.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Necr0maNceR wrote:The private pack feature is out now. See this thread for details on how to use it. It's a little more difficult to set up than I had hoped, but still seems like a good option.
A little? In order to use a private pack you must approach each mod maker individually by email and ask them if you can put together a mod pack with their mod in it. If you have permission and only if you have permission you take screen-caps of all of these emails and combine them and forward them onto the feed the beast team who will then build the pack for you...

what the flying fuck is this? Who thought this would be acceptable use policy for 2000 server admins to try and contact 20 separate mod teams to get 25,000 separate signed permission forms.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:19 pm

The modding community rides on pretty high horses when it come to including their mods into modpacks. That's one of the primary reasons behind the creation of the FTB launcher.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Should I update to 1.1.9? I mean, Tyler just implied there was a problem with updating or something like that, so I thought I'd ask.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Did you read the entire thread, Adder? The vast majority of the mod authors give express permission to use their mods in private mod packs. You don't even need to contact them. Even for those who don't give express permission, many just require that you let them know that you are using their pack, and/or give them credit. They don't even make you wait for a reply. There are only a handful who require permission, and even then you only need to ask them once.

As it stands, we have two options:

1: We use the private pack option, and assuming we get permission for all the mods we wish to use, all any of us have to do to access the server is use the code you give us. You would be the only one who would have to find all the individual mods and update them. I understand this would be quite a chore to do that, in addition to permissions (which I could ask for you if you'd like), but don't you need to go through and find the right versions of the mods for the server whenever you update it anyways?

2: We use an available modpack and modify it, removing what we don't like and adding additional stuff that we do. Mindcrack would probably work the best for this. With this method, we would have to make sure that each individual person who wants to play on the server has the right versions of the right mods installed, and the ones we don't want, disabled. This might work, although we had trouble the first time we tried this with the portal gun mod, right? Regardless, you would still have to go through and find the right versions of the individual mods to install for the server. It's also worth noting, that I believe you are able to change the configs for the individual mods for the private server packs. If we used the private server option, only you would have to change them, and they would be changed for everyone. If we went the modified pack route, each person would have to change the configs individually, which would likely be difficult and impractical. All this means that for someone new to join the server, they would not only need to install Feed the Beast, they would also need to go through and disable mods, install additional ones, and even change config files if we decided to go that far. This could easily discourage prospective players from joining us.

---

It is worth noting that none of this matters if conflicting item/block id's becomes an issue. I've heard that a way to update an old world to a new modpack without messing up the item ids is in the works, but that wasn't part of the news post and likely wouldn't be completed for a long time regardless, so we can't count on that.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:48 pm

I think we should wait until later anyway, as the mod packs get implemented and new problems and glitches are fixed. We want to wait for the windows 7 later than have the windows vista now if you catch my meaning.

I think we should focus, instead of bringing in more and more mods, is expanding the server to more people. Mostly ones on this forum of course. We want more eager people to help us with hoofington. And, possibly later. Post war Equestria at large. At least for now. I might even be for switching over to the brony mod pack.

Also I fixed the problem, so I can go back on the server. Yay! Fluttershy
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Well, there are lost of bugs and things are way out of date. Some mods don't even have 1.4.2 versions available anymore. So we can't add any more mods unless we update.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 pm

It looks like Mindcrack is the pack we will be switching to, we just need to add Myscraft to make eveything work and remove Gravsuit and Gregtech.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 am

Server is down for the next two hours as I experiment.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:05 pm

I've brought the server back up after spending 3 hours bonking my head on the wall. Nothing has been changed mod wise yet.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:18 pm

What were you trying to achieve ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:What were you trying to achieve ?
Switching to the Mindcrack pack which has everything we are using now plus new stuff, had to preform the switch and add back in Mystcraft. Instead it crashes on loadup, I tried four ways to take our existing server and move it over without getting crashes.

Posted a question to the forums, waiting on their response.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:01 pm

I don't know what all the problems you had were, but if it was a problem with item ids, this might help: ID Resolver. There are also other programs that might help, I think.

I also found an interesting yet unrelated thing. You can go into something called the Region Folder and delete chunks. When they are deleted this way, the chunks will re-generate the next time you go to them. The neat part is, they will regenerate with all the new world gen provided by the mods. This way we won't have to get past the miles and miles of already generated vanilla Minecraft chunks around Somberville before we can find something new. You can just delete the chunks where we haven't built anything. This process is slightly annoying, though, because you have to delete the chunks in groups called "regions" which are 512x512 blocks in size, so you can't be that precise. Of course, that's actually a good thing, because there wouldn't be a proper transition between old chunks and new ones, causing there to be a straight line dividing our desert from a snowy plains, for example. Or mountains and trees cut in half. Of course, the same would be true if we went far enough to find new chunks normally, anyhow. This is why I suggest we delete regions that are a ways away from Sombervile. We would still have to go a small ways to find new chunks, but they would be considerably closer. The fact that you can delete large sections of 512x512 blocks at a time should make this easier. Also, it should greatly reduce the memory we've accumulated so far, and possibly the lag as well. We could even try it for sections of the Twilight Forest and sections of the Nether for mod ores and nether quartz when it is added.

We could always make another Mystcraft mining world, but it is impossible to make one that has all the same features as naturally generated chunks. Plus, it would be nice to have new areas to explore/build in that are part of the actual overworld.

----

Also, one thing we should discuss now is what additional mods we should add.

The Balkon's WeaponMod is something I believe I've told you about before and something many of us would like to have.

The Mutant Creatures mod is something else I think would be pretty cool. The big drawback that I told you about before, though, was the destructiveness of the Mutant Creeper. You can disable their natural spawning in the config, though, so they can only be created with "Chemical X" and thus won't come out of nowhere and wreck Somberville. Mutant Zombies don't break blocks, but if they cause too much trouble we can always disable their natural spawning in the config as well. Other than that, there is the Mutant Snow Golem, which serves you, and the Mutant Enderman, which isn't finished yet and thus doesn't naturally spawn. All in all, I think this mod would add some fun extra challenge/optional bosses, and would be loads of fun for Demo and Admin Challenge nights. We should seriously consider it.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:20 pm

I see. Well, using MCEdit might work, since it supposedly can work on modded minecraft as well. With it, you could copy sections of our world, and paste them into a new Mindcrack world. You would still have to worry about item ids, though.

On an unrelated note, I think we should disable the Soul Shards mod since it adds the ability to create overpowered mob spawners. If you grind enough (or just break enough natural spawners) you can make a spawner that spawns mobs whether a player is near or not, in any light level, spawn six mobs every two seconds, AND be controlled by redstone. So yeah, way overpowered.

Also, I think we should consider adding Ars Magica. It gives you the ability to cast magic spells and has it's own magic leveling system. Plus, It is already planned to be added to the FTB Magic World mod pack and likely the Ultimate one as well.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Remember that Yogbox mod pack I mentioned? Yeah, don't go near that. The team stopped working on that completely and is no longer maintaining it. Just throwing that out there.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down