Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(PHCC)Minecraft server

+20
Moodyman90
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
Valikdu
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
Apple Crumble
Meleagridis
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Kippershy
XT Vengeance
Vergil
Scootayay
Harmony Ltd.
IncoherentOrange
Orm
Ketchup
Necr0maNceR
Cptadder
24 posters

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

(PHCC)Minecraft server - Page 10 Empty Re: (PHCC)Minecraft server

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:00 pm

From a 9x9 quarry :

- Vanilla Emeralds
- GregTech Sapphire and Ruby
- Factorization Silver

I also found another variety of Silver, but I don't know from which mod they come.

No trace of Redpower's Sapphire, Ruby or "Green Sapphire" (it existed as "emerald" before merald became a vanilla thing).

It's possible the Forge Ore Dictionnary will make it so that they are interchangeable. I do not know.

But if the problem is having RedPower worldgen, we can always re-create yet another mining age when it's finally added to the modpack.

------

CF : why not ? I was planning on setting a temporary power station somewhere close to Somberville, while we gather the necessary resources to build something "better" (in term of esthetic and fun/complexity to build, not necessarily in term of raw output - I'm playing in my SP world to see what kind of design I can come up with for a BioFuel-fueled railcraft-steam power plant, but it's going to require LOTS and LOTS of iron and steel.).

You want to go the road of pumping lava from the nether and using Mystcraft portals and railcraft tank carts to transfer it to the Overworld ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Also, the ThermalExpansion mod adds a genuine, honest to god Cobble Generator. It only takes buildcraft's MJ to run, and a bit of lava and water to kickstart it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:11 pm

...why would you ever need to generate cobbles?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:CF : why not ? I was planning on setting a temporary power station somewhere close to Somberville, while we gather the necessary resources to build something "better" (in term of esthetic and fun/complexity to build, not necessarily in term of raw output - I'm playing in my SP world to see what kind of design I can come up with for a BioFuel-fueled railcraft-steam power plant, but it's going to require LOTS and LOTS of iron and steel.).

You want to go the road of pumping lava from the nether and using Mystcraft portals and railcraft tank carts to transfer it to the Overworld ?
Pretty much. I was thinking the same thing about a temporary power station as well. We can work out something better later on.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Valikdu : because sometimes, when you want to build BIG things (like, say, a giant tower :v ), you do not want to have to totally destroy the landscape by building giant quarries to get the stuff you'll be building with.

Also, there's situations where cobble is used as a consumable, like putting it in a recycler to produce scrap, and using the scrap to significantly enhance the efficiency of a mass fabricator.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:35 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Also, there's situations where cobble is used as a consumable, like putting it in a recycler to produce scrap, and using the scrap to significantly enhance the efficiency of a mass fabricator.
That's pretty much what I do.

The only thing I don't know how to do is using the computers.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 pm

I -may- have some competences on how to use the computers, depending on how shitty / easy to learn LUA is (for ComputerCraft), and the same for the language that is used by RedPower's computers.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:09 pm

I checked as well, and yes, you're right, Greg tech adds its own version of sapphires, rubies, and silver. Of course, it would still work for RedPower2. I mean, I crafted a single copper gear using three different versions of copper from three different mods. It's all interchangeable. That said, there appears to be two other kinds of silver already, and I do believe rubies and sapphires were only used for tools in RedPower2, right? So I guess we don't need Greg Tech for World Gen.

I also watched that video, and while it didn't seem to cover everything (like replacement IC2 recipes) it still gave a pretty good review of what Greg Tech adds. Based on that, yeah I agree, we shouldn't use Greg Tech.

While I do agree that Greg tech adds a bunch of overpowered stuff, I do like how it tried to make the mass fabricator less overpowered.
CannonFodder wrote:My point is if we begin turning off any mod that has the potential of creating infinite energy or infinite items we'll be left with vanilla minecraft.
Harmony Ltd. wrote:I like IC² and its the concept of UU-matter, and I wouldn't want a lots of the mods to be deactivated.
You don't need to disable any mods to get rid of things that make infinite items. NEI or one of the other mods allows Adder to ban individual crafting recipes and items. That said, I don't want to make it so it's not possible to make infinite items, I just think there are certain items you should never be able to make infinite of. Like diamonds. No matter how much EU or EMC it would cost, you would still be able to reach a point where you could pump out massive quantities of diamonds and other rare materials, and automate it all, so you would almost never have to go mining again. I think Adder should disable the UUM recipe for diamonds and maybe a few other things as well.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:12 pm

The one thing I'm going to miss is balkon's weapons mod.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:18 pm

What's funny, is that IRL diamonds are, not trivially so, but relatively easy to make with today's technology.

We already know how to grow cubic-meter big diamonds for a tiny fraction of the cost it would take to extract as much diamonds from the earth.

But eh, we're talking game balance, not reality :v
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 pm

So here is where we stand, Tuesday hopefully I'll have a new router installed and have the server up and running. If not Tuesday then Thursday at the latest.

In the mean time... I have no clue how Feed the Beast works and am still learning it. Just trying to get this @#$# launcher to even download seems problematical.

Still I persevere
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks for working so much on getting this running again, Adder.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Ketchup wrote:Thanks for working so much on getting this running again, Adder.
Don't thank me, thank the shotgun I'm going to borrow to finish off this @#$@!% router.

Let me count the ways
I tried port forwarding
I tried six other ports not being used by anything
I tried direct connections
I tried wireless
I tried running the server in a DMZ
I tried hooking up an old router I have laying around and port forwarding that and connecting it to my current crappy router and turning off all firewalls on that one (The old router was a simple 10/100 router)
Then I tried just turning off every security feature I could find and opening all ports to everything by itself no secondary router acting as my real firewall
But still the port remains closed and I can't connect when I try.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Ridiculous indeed.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Cptadder wrote:So here is where we stand, Tuesday hopefully I'll have a new router installed and have the server up and running. If not Tuesday then Thursday at the latest.

In the mean time... I have no clue how Feed the Beast works and am still learning it. Just trying to get this @#$# launcher to even download seems problematical.

Still I persevere
Don't worry for now. The modpack isn't too broken. It doesn't have equivalent exchange in yet and by the time they put it in it won't have condensers, collectors and the such. That was the biggest problem with EE is that the condensers just broke any sort of game balance.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:19 am

Here's all the steps I took to get the launcher running. I'm using a mac, btw:

1. Go to http://feed-the-beast.com and download the .Jar file.

2. Drag the .Jar file to your desktop, and run it. Running the jar file should create a bunch of extra files and folders on your desktop. You will have to leave all those there if you want ftb to work properly. You can't consolidate them in a separate folder or anything.

3. In the launcher window, go to select profile then create profile. The profile will use your minecraft username and password. Nothing else will work. A... saves it.

4. Now press Launch. Everything should work. A separate version of minecraft will run, and not affect your vanilla version.

5. Now exit out of minecraft, and launch the .Jar file again. Go to Edit Mod Pack. This is where you choose what mods you want to use. Simple enough. All of the mods are active by default. To add a mod, you click the Add Mod button under the disabled mods section. Then just navigate to the location where you downloaded the new mod you want to add, and click it. One mod the FTB team recommends, even though they could not get it added to the pack, is OptiFine. It improves performance and makes things less laggy, along with several other options. When downloading it, make sure to get the 1.4.2 version, not the 1.4.4 version. Download it to your desktop or wherever, but make sure it remains zipped. If your computer automatically unzips files, then disable that function for this. Just follow what I said above to install OptiFine. Make sure it goes in the JarMods area. Not Mods or CoreMods.

6. Just launch everything again, and you should be set.

-----

Do keep in mind, though, that I did this on a Mac, and I don't know if everything is the same for other computers. For starters, there is an .exe file that you can download on the Feed the Beast website, and I'm not sure what that is for. It only works on windows. Maybe you use it instead of the .Jar one if you are using windows? I dunno.

Also, as you may have noticed, it seems everyone has agreed that we don't want to use Greg Tech. So yeah, remove that. Also, I'm pretty sure cheat mode
for Not Enough Items only works for OP's in servers, but I don't know. We should test that. You also may not want to download the updated minecraft if it comes out this thursday, since it may mess with mods that haven't been updated for it.

I hope this helped.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Is the server offline or am I doing things so wrong that I can't connect?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Server is down still. Adder is still working out the port forwarding. Which will eventually involve a shotgun, as we've been told.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:03 pm

It's worth noting that there are more mods in FTB than the in the list they provided. The most notable other mod that is included is the Portal Gun Mod. It's a really fun mod, obviously, but a bit overpowered. There is an option in the config to make it so portal guns use ender pearl dust as fuel. One dust it consumed per portal. Nine dust is crafted from one ender pearl. So that's an option.

It's also worth noting that creating a portal on any surface, then firing one at the moon, opens up a vacuum that sucks all nearby blocks and mobs into it, deleting them. Except the player, who gets teleported to the sky limit, then falls. We really should disable this feature if we want to use this mod.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Well, there aren't any bananas in Minecraft, so--*is shot*
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Necr0maNceR wrote:It's worth noting that there are more mods in FTB than the in the list they provided. The most notable other mod that is included is the Portal Gun Mod. It's a really fun mod, obviously, but a bit overpowered. There is an option in the config to make it so portal guns use ender pearl dust as fuel. One dust it consumed per portal. Nine dust is crafted from one ender pearl. So that's an option.

It's also worth noting that creating a portal on any surface, then firing one at the moon, opens up a vacuum that sucks all nearby blocks and mobs into it, deleting them. Except the player, who gets teleported to the sky limit, then falls. We really should disable this feature if we want to use this mod.
No way. You know how much fun can be had with that mod? That sounds awesome is what that sounds. You can make portal puzzles in minecraft.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm not saying we should disable the entire mod. Just the moon portal feature in the config file. And we should consider using ender pearl dust.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:58 am

Hey Adder, here's a video by Direwolf20 that explains how to install the client AND server versions of Feed the Beast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwxT87zMSFU&feature=player_embedded
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:19 am

Server will be up this evening or my name is not Lord Haberdasher the Third
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:21 am

Here's hoping that you will prevail over these tyrannical router problems.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Umm, If you succeed I guess your name really is the Third... if this is true, I really really feel the urge to beat you up. Its nothing personal, just the Third triggers it in my inner something. so no hard feelings?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Keep in mind that even though Minecraft 1.4.4 has been released, FTB is still just version 1.4.2
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm not sure if I'll be able to play that much this week at least until saturday, cause my professor gave us yet another massive project and expects us yet again to do like a month's worth of work in two weeks.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 pm

looks like adders name wont be third
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Cptadder wrote:Server will be up this evening or my name is not Lord Haberdasher the Third

Did you get the new router in the mail yet?
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content