Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+42
Stringtheory
iLateralGX
Mister Nikel
MLPOCG
Harmony Ltd.
Karasu
Tytan
The Holy Tuna
Ametros
Scootayay
FoolNeim
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
Somber
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
O. Hinds
hawkeye92
Meleagridis
Sindri
Katarn
Derpmind
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
nebulous
FeatherDust
Cptadder
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
RandomBlank
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Ironmonger
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
Caoimhe
46 posters

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:13 am

Kippershy wrote:>His own work alongside Blackjack, forever immortalised in this picture.
>Doesn't say a word about it.
In my defense it was 5:10 in the morning... I was just lucky not to fall asleep in the shower, again.
Sorry, Kipper. *hugs* I really am happy you like how that picture turned out so much.

O. Hinds wrote:This is from chapter… 30? (I used the combined Naller
document. (By the way, I don't remember who made/is making that, but
thank you! It's quite useful. I was also able to get a friend into FoE
using the ebook file downloads from the site.))
Spoiler:
WavemasterRyx wrote:"She
trailed off as her blue eyes met mine and widened in shock." - If I do
recall correctly, her eyes were originally described as being pink, so
this might need to be corrected, or decide which color works better.
That out of the way... *hugs Caprice tight*
[checks]
Ah, you are correct! Thank you.
Of course, I would be the only one to have Caprice's eye color memorized but not remember who Steam was... Well, I remember her now, at least.

O. Hinds wrote:Right. Now if it was P-21 wanting entry...
{flap sliding noise}
"Password."
"Cyclotrimethylene trinitramine."
"...The fuck? You on moon dust?"
"You're sure that that won't open this door?"
"Uh, yeah."
"Then I guess that you won't want to bother standing back."
{click}
swicked wrote:P-21: *knocks*
Guard: "Password?"
P-21: *from somewhere far behind the guard* "Nevermind..."
Guard: o_O
I approve of both of these messages. *P-21 Seal of Approval Stamp*

Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

swicked wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:14 am

Cptadder wrote:P-21 the clearly bisexual only because he was forced pony hooking up with Blackjack when she murdered his old special somepony? Yeah, that does not work.

That reminds me

Ironmonger wrote:I Off topic but what do you all think of a black revolver inlaid with brass or gold?
By itself I hate it unless it's part of an ensemble. A solid black gun is good looking, a black gun with gold highlights is trying to hard unless those are family colors or House colors or part of your hero outfit.

Bronze and gold are very similar in that the shinyness and color scheme are similar. One is darker the other much lighter and shinny unless the brass is well polished in which both will have that same rich yellow tone which works with some things but not fire-arms unless it's part of a larger design or theme.

Thanks for the input captain. It has religious significance and it is my family colors. It's also a metaphor for "From the darkness, light!"

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:17 am

BJP-21 offends me because it makes no sense and I want my gay characters to remain consistent, damnit. Yes, BJ's bi but P-21 is so blatantly gay that a conclusion like that is just mind boggling to even think someone could postulate it.

P-21 is a very well written gay dude too, because he acts like a character who is gay and not a "gay character." he's not a stereotype or an anti stereotype, he has a soft side to him and natural awkwardness around uncomfortable situations.

Tangent:
Spoiler:

Er, anyway, I want a scene where P-21 explains the gay mind to Blackjack because she is not a smart pony and clearly she still doesn't see it. I think it'd be hilarious. Also Scotch having some conversation with someone where she says something like "MY GAY DAD."

I have no idea why I want my headPH to be a Curb Your Enthusiasm style sitcom comedy of manners right now. Applebloom If everyone lives at the end and maintains some sense of normalcy I'd love to see a 10 chapter epilogue of just hanging out and living in the post-adventure world, these characters are just too fun!

Ironmonger wrote:
Thanks for the input captain. It has religious significance and it is my family colors. It's also a metaphor for "From the darkness, light!"

You should get a sword done like that. Swords are more timeless and traditional, if you descend from a swordy culture.

Last edited by Caoimhe on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:27 am

Caoimhe wrote:You should get a sword done like that. Swords are more timeless and traditional, if you descend from a swordy culture.

I agree with you on that, and having a lot of German in my blood I do come from a swordy culture. Problem is a sword is somewhat impractical which can be classed as offensive in my culture. I still like the idea so the rules might be bent a little...*scheming face*

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:45 am

Cptadder wrote:And this has nothing to do with PH but man have you see what DARPA's robo mule has advanced to?

This is what it was two years ago when everyone got freaked out and felt sorry for the robot as we mean humans pushed it around an icy parking lot at about thirty five seconds into that video.

Now it's gotten to the point at which it can stand up if it falls over, it's speed over rugged terrain is much faster, and oh yes it can recognized and follow individual humans on command. Picking it's own path and it's own speed to stay at the distance you tell it. You speed up, so does it. You stop and take cover, it lowers itself down, you can on the fly order it to switch to someone else or switch the distance it stays away from you.

DARPA proves again and again why it's such a wonderful thing to exist since it sets out these challenges and companies rush to meet them for the prestige, the prize money and the promised contract if someone does build us a four legged armed and armored deathbot.
That's pretty awesome. Any idea what the carrying capacity and max movement rates are like?

canitnerd wrote:So I was in a FOE discussion thread over on /mlp/, and apparently a real popular theory over there is that Glory will die and P-21 and BJ will end up together. Personally, this is the most terrifying thing I've ever read. BJ and Glory's relationship is great. It's my favorite thing about the story, and while it ending would be bad enough, the idea of P-21 and BJ and ending up together afterwards would just be awful. What are you guys thoughts?
Wat. No.

Either they're trolling, never read the story, or are the kind of blind idiot shipper that picks people at random and refuses to acknowledge anything to the contrary. In any case, they're not worth talking to.

canitnerd wrote:But the idea of BJ and P-21 being together? Awful. But it's been a fear that has been lurking in the back of my head for chapters. I could see it happening, and it would just be so bad.
Nope. No need to worry, because it will just never happen. I could see Glory dying, eventually, maybe, but that pairing will simply never happen because it's completely against both the characters and Somber is neither a crappy writer nor a victim of recent major brain trauma.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:It was the original plan to have P-21 and BJ end up together, and Glory was going to die...
Nope. Bottlecap was the original planned love interest. P-21 and Blackjack were never going to be together in any version of the story afaik.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 am

Suddenly I have the image of an army of Deus robots running around.

Steel Ranger:"...DONE." *throws hooves in the air*

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:03 am

swicked wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:Er, anyway, I want a scene where P-21 explains the gay mind to Blackjack because she is not a smart pony and clearly she still doesn't see it. I think it'd be hilarious. Also Scotch having some conversation with someone where she says something like "MY GAY DAD."
I don't think BJ will ever be comfortable talking to P-21 about his sexuality. Nor would she ever flirt with him. Knowing that she raped him once and the reaction he had when he grabbed his haunches that one time has made the subject a no-fly zone only Rampage gets to traverse.

Oh I didn't mean she'd flirt with him, but I could totally see her missing the whole thing with Priest and go looking for a new mom for Scotch/mate for P-21 which would lead to a big sigh and one of those great "No, Blackjack..." conversations.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:10 am

Cptadder wrote:
IncoherentOrange wrote:

I'm aware that PH isn't smut; I never said that. It's an adventure. (Of colossal size, longer than many 'epic' pieces of literature.) I could compare it to, say, A Game of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin and the surrounding series. That contains sexual content, and for reasons other than having smut in the story (but also for making some characters more 'evil' than others, Jaime Lannister, for example, is obviously a villain, and the story's use of sex is much of the vehicle for telling the reader that, if I recall correctly. But again, my reading comp. isn't super). Or perhaps I could not, as the general themes are not the same.
Mentioning George and A Song of Ice and Fire always draws me in because I love that series and have read all five books multiple times now. The thing A Game of Thrones and a Song of Ice and Fire is known for is a very Obi-won "from a certain point of view". In Book 1 we spend our time in the heads of the Starks, Dany and Tyrion as the only Lannister. By book 2 we get into Davos and Theon's heads as well and suddenly everything is not as clear cut. We get to book four and five and suddenly everything gets muddy. The Reapers are a good example of this in PH, Gorgon was a pure monster until we got to visit his apartment in the arena and see his little goodbye note or we go memory orbs and see what Doof was like before he became Deus. He's still a rapist bastard but until that act he had nothing but my respect lack of intelligence or not at least he was a loyal and well meaning pony. Likewise by the time book 3 roles around and you get to get into the head of Jamie Lannister... suddenly nothing is as clear as you thought it was. This is still the guy who did that terrible act but now you understand why he did what he did and how he's become what he is today.

Yeah, it's a neat thing, that perspective he uses. I read through most of A Clash of Kings, and the varying perspective and grey vs. gray morality, and working for one's house and self, is done well and more extensively as it all goes on, but the book confused me at the time, as I decided to read it before completely processing the first book. Mostly, it was the names. So many names. My father likes the series as well, but finds it subject to sequel decay. I'll read that through again someday, after my next read of Rendezvous With Rama, by Arthur C. Clarke, which I first read five years ago (which means I was nine). It's really cool when characters have human motivations, and aren't paper-thin.

@P-21/Blackjack I don't even have to read the story to know why that won't happen. After all, this is the stallion that shot BJ in the ass at his first opportunity, if I recall from my brother's tales correctly.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:22 am

P-21/Blackjack ship doesn't work. It simply doesn't. Blackjack would probably end up crippled going after Glory's killer(s), since Glory doesn't look suicidal. Though she'd likely succeed in killing them, she'd need rather massive help to get back to her hooves, or she'd die, because without Glory, she'd be incredibly reckless.
Beside that, there are other issues with their relationship that aren't minor obstacles.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:11 am

Craaaaap you guys are spammy... I'm only two days behind, but SO MANY PAGES...

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I have to ask : Am I the only one that was left... jaded (?) by the death of the yellow filly in Chapel ? I mean, personally, I didn't feel emotionally impacted, contrary to Blackjack who was already in full guilt-trip mode by the time the situation registered in her mind. The way I felt is... I felt nothing. Maybe it's because I wasn't reading it properly, in the right state of mind ? So I ask, how did you react to the whole scene ? Did it impact you ?
You're not the only one. I had no investment with the filly except being a name I'd heard before, and I was too worried about BJ and Glory to really react beyond, "Welp, guess you shoulda listened to Scotch."

canitnerd wrote:As for the rest of the chapter, the Twist/Shujaa scene was pretty good. I'm pretty sure Rampage is Twist/Shujaa's adopted daughter. Could be wrong though.
Don't think they have one. This chapter made it pretty clear that the "Peppermint" Twist was worried about when she surfaced from Rampage is an animal of some sort, though apparently not a kind that's normally considered pet material.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:06 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Kippershy wrote:>His own work alongside Blackjack, forever immortalised in this picture.
>Doesn't say a word about it.
In my defense it was 5:10 in the morning... I was just lucky not to fall asleep in the shower, again.
Sorry, Kipper. *hugs* I really am happy you like how that picture turned out so much.

It's fine. You really should find a better sleep schedule though, you're always so sleepy!
-gives you a big hug-

again, thank you =3 I do love it indeed.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Instantly thought of Project Horizons.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Ironmonger wrote:

reminds me of the time I found a naturally spawning radroach that was... huge.
not as big as that, but as big as a car.
No joke, I once saw a radroach the size of a car walking around on FO3 XBOX 360 version.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

reminds me of the time I found a naturally spawning radroach that was... huge.
not as big as that, but as big as a car.
No joke, I once saw a radroach the size of a car walking around on FO3 XBOX 360 version.

That would have been neat to see. Pest control with 9x19s and a backup can of raid.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:You should get a sword done like that. Swords are more timeless and traditional, if you descend from a swordy culture.

I agree with you on that, and having a lot of German in my blood I do come from a swordy culture. Problem is a sword is somewhat impractical which can be classed as offensive in my culture. I still like the idea so the rules might be bent a little...*scheming face*

What exactly isn't a swordy culture? Most of Asia and Europe, and all their colonies, are swordy cultures. So maybe 3/4 of the world is swordy culture.

Other than that. Swords are fucking awesome.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:10 pm

@Tytan: Africa doesn't have a swordy culture. The native American culture isn't swordy either. Nor is Australia's culture swordy. South America isn't swordy very much at all. Oh and Antarctica. No swords there.

Edit: central America isn't swordy either
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:14 pm

Erumpet wrote:@Tytan: Africa doesn't have a swordy culture. The native American culture isn't swordy either. Nor is Australia's culture swordy. South America isn't swordy very much at all. Oh and Antarctica. No swords there.

I didn't say africa. I know native amerians aren't, but European americans are. Australia was an English colony, and england had a swordy culture. South America is tricky, because the cultures of the natives and the europeans mixed. Antartica is argueable, because each major country has a research station there, which I believe is the equivalent of an embassy. Not to mention Ninja Penguins.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:24 pm

@swords I could use my proxy-connection to the templars as an excuse to buy a sword. Maybe a long knife.

When I see you guys go into a debate I automatically think "Now...FIGHT!" XD

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Ironmonger wrote:When I see you guys go into a debate I automatically think "Now...FIGHT!" XD

T'was not a fight. It was a slaughter.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Tytan wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:When I see you guys go into a debate I automatically think "Now...FIGHT!" XD

And no enemy shall ever threaten the House of Project Horizons Comment Crew ever again. END.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 One_wat__by_haute_claire-d4sj4f1

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:

And no enemy shall ever threaten the House of Project Horizons Comment Crew ever again. END.

"The House Of PHCC! We stand as brothers! In blood and steel! FOR SOMBER!"

Last edited by Tytan on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Wait if PHCC were actually a House, who would our leader be?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:38 pm

It'd have to be Somber, wouldn't it? Or silentcarto since he started it.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:41 pm

It would be silentcarto then. Somber is like Odin in these parts. Only better.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:47 pm

I can only imagine his beard.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:48 pm

I would be the true leader. Though my actions aren't the most prominent and my status not the highest, I openly challenge any of you to test my leadership qualities... in battle.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:48 pm

@Tytan: you asked what isn't a sword culture, so I gave you examples of places without a sword culture. I wasn't disputing you. Also I think that despite being an English colony, Australia doesn't have much of a swordy culture. Now I am disputing you, for clarification.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Kippershy wrote:I would be the true leader. Though my actions aren't the most prominent and my status not the highest, I openly challenge any of you to test my leadership qualities... in battle.

What if it were a battle of... INTERPRETIVE DANCE! Dancing PinkiePie
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Tytan wrote:I can only imagine his beard.

I would imagine its mighty fluffy
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Tytan wrote:
Kippershy wrote:I would be the true leader. Though my actions aren't the most prominent and my status not the highest, I openly challenge any of you to test my leadership qualities... in battle.

What if it were a battle of... INTERPRETIVE DANCE! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 550350388

There's only two interpretive dances I know.
One of them involves my cock, the other involves someone being thrown over my shoulder.

take your pick.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next