Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+42
Stringtheory
iLateralGX
Mister Nikel
MLPOCG
Harmony Ltd.
Karasu
Tytan
The Holy Tuna
Ametros
Scootayay
FoolNeim
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
Somber
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
O. Hinds
hawkeye92
Meleagridis
Sindri
Katarn
Derpmind
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
nebulous
FeatherDust
Cptadder
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
RandomBlank
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Ironmonger
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
Caoimhe
46 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Tytan Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Erumpet wrote:
Tytan wrote:YES! I love being right! Feels like hugs and victory.

Tastes like napalm.

And smells like apple pie.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Tytan wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
Tytan wrote:Also, I just noticed I made it to the level 'Stallion'... Ladies.
You also made it to the level of Mare... Ladies.

I'm ribbed for their pleasure... Ladies.[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 779695502

Spoiler:

I'm disease free for their pleasure.

Implying I'm not?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:03 pm

*sigh* I just recalled why I hate the Nexus sites.

Want Project Nevada? Register to download files over 2MB in size. Register? Register to our forums. It's free, quick and easy.
And broken. SQL error.
Support?
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
- Steam Community
- (GO PREMIUM)

Same shit as usually.
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Cptadder wrote:

I'm ribbed for their pleasure... Ladies.[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 779695502

Spoiler:

I'm disease free for their pleasure.

Implying I'm not?

No. Implying I am.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Tytan wrote:
Cptadder wrote:

In my medical opinion, I suggest you get that checked out. Methinks it's not supposed to be ribbed...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:15 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Chapter 50 Commentary:

Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:

Simple: It's to discourage BJ from saying the safe word. Glory might love Blackjack a little too much.

While we're all claiming ranks for ourselves, I hereby declare myself President-Princess of the Ponynet Logic-Omega Derpmind the slightly sarcastic. I also declare myself sexy, awesome, and muffins. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 3845856932 I outrank everypony, so I command you to bring me muffins! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 1224822932

P.S. IRL muffins have been my favorite breakfast food since my entire life, but the rest may or may not be completely true.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Fuck ranks, I don't have nor need a rank.
Ranks are finite, they change and they end.

I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am everything and I am nothing. I am the Lord.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Random thought derived from that post:
Thanks to Liam Neeson voicing Dad in FO3, when I watched the movie 'The Grey', and he was talking about the Alpha in wolf packs as opposed to the Omegas, I about shit myself XD
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:31 pm

CamoBadger wrote: I about shit myself XD

I'm sure that was pleasant for those around you.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:33 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Incidentally, does this annoy anyone else about NV (and I assume Fo3)? In the old games, if a flimsy door was locked and you happened to have explosives, it didn't matter that you couldn't pick the now-dispersed lock. In NV, I can drop a mininuke next to thin corrugated aluminium and not scratch it.
There's mods for that. In fact I think explosive entry is included in Project Nevada.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Derpmind wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:

Simple: It's to discourage BJ from saying the safe word. Glory might love Blackjack a little too much.

I figured that was it, and I get that makes sense in the general case, but I guess it just seems like that defeats the purpose a bit in the specific case, since (one of) the point(s) of Glory punishing BJ is to keep BJ from getting herself hurt because BJ thinks she deserves it; doesn't adding discouragement to asking Glory to stop interfere with this goal? I guess it wouldn't matter all that much, though, since Glory is probably better in control in any case, and BJ can take a lot of punishment and come back fine.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:39 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:
Chapter 50 Commentary:

Spoiler:
The way I read it, she's saying that as long as Blackjack still sees her as Glory she'll do her best to save her, because even though she has trouble trusting her, it shows that Blackjack still cares for her with whatever strange morality the Stable instilled. But if Blackjack ever does loose sight of that, she has proven that Glory's mistrust was warranted and there is no chance of their relationship being rebuilt. So it's less of a safe word (though it can be used as one in extreme circumstances) and more letting her know what will destroy any chance at reconciliation.

Edit: Also, I already have over twenty posts‽ I had no idea that my late-night ramblings were that extensive.
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Tytan wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 3845856932 Suddenly I just thought it would be neat to see Blackjack put her revolver to somepony's head and say "Are you feeling lucky punk?"

What about if she were in one of her 'I-ain't-takin'-any-crap-today' moods, she knocks on a door, a slat opens and somepony says "What's the password?", and she shoves Vigilance through the slat and into his mouth.

While we're on the subject of quotations...

Leader: Send somepony to negotiate!
BJ: *turns the corner and shoots him in the face* Who else wants to negotiate?
Enemies: *all give up*
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:43 pm

RoboRed wrote:Alright, it looks a little derpy because...well...the perspective from the source image just didn't fit. Not to mention the BJ vector had thinner outlines. Here it is:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 BJgrin-1

OH MY GOD YES

Why is this the first chance I got to check here today good lord
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:56 pm

The hell happened here today. Yell
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:58 pm

The same thing that happens every day...absolutely nothing.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Caoimhe wrote:The hell happened here today. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 2727399354

Whatever it was I'm sad I missed it
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Good enough for me.

I was thinking about the alternate parings and order of dominance earlier for whatever reason and it seems before this it was probably Homage* > Blackjack > Glory > Littlepip then thought Homage > Glory > Blackjack > Littlepip but a revelation popped into my head: I don't think Glory has really grown any more dominant in her approach to the relationship, it's more of her learning to express her anger in a way Blackjack would understand so BJ wouldn't internalize it and mope more.

In fact, I think the whole BDSM thing is Glory using her natural intelligence and what she learned from P-21 trying explaining how sex was in 99 to solve two problems at once - to get over her misunderstanding of the sexual culture of the stable and to keep Blackjack in line. It's a lot more "Glory is super smart and manipulating Blackjack in a positive way" than "Glory hid her dominatrix side from everyone under a veil of sweetness."

Though who knows how much of that leads to Glory penetrating BJ anally.

* Also, I honestly think Homage may indeed be the most broken main character in the main FoE saga mainly because I sense there's a lot of guilt in fear in her, but she has never expressed it. There's a lot more to her than we are told in my opinion, especially with regards to what happened before she came to Tenpony and with her previous lover. Something about her screams insecurity, especially if you count her actions at the very end of FoE that are barely touched upon and how cannon you consider the side sexytime story. I think Somber caught on to this with her depiction at the party in PH.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Swicked wrote:...huh? Does Somber’s fanon have ponies’ hair go gray in reverse... from the tips instead of the roots?
Well, Pinkie apparently went grey in a way that made her look like a candy cane. Honestly, I don't know what's going on here and didn't really notice it during brushing, but given the potential combinations of pony magical biology and what Rainbow Dash might consider a cool dye job, I'm inclined to not consider it a problem.

Swicked wrote:...is this significant? Did Blackjack once have one of these? Why is this being called out? This seriously has “CLUE” written all over it to me.
Blackjack's PipBuck is still a Delta, and this isn't really much of a clue to anything, I'm afraid.
Spoiler:

Swicked wrote:She still wants to stop them. I think you mean when she DECIDED to stop bad ponies.
Ah, thank you.

Swicked wrote:I have to admit, I don’t understand this bit at all. How do you envy someone for doing something you don’t want to do? Does she want to be able to have sex with a stranger or not?
I see it like this. Glory has her culturally-ingrained inhibitions and her personality-produced lacks of desire. Usually, the two interact well for her. Occasionally, though, this is not the case. What Glory is saying is "It's supposed to be wrong, and I'd feel wrong doing it… but she looks like she's really happy just saying 'Hey, you're hot; want to come back to my room and have sex?' I wonder what it's like to just be so free like that?" or words to that effect. Also, keep in mind that she had some unrequited infatuation with Blackjack at the time, so it was also in part "I wonder what it's like to be able to say to Blackjack 'Hey, you're hot, etc." That is, at least, roughly how I understand it.

Swicked wrote:The breeze does something particular around the tail of a zebra? What?
Bronode is actually a font of some pretty neat zoological information. I hadn't noticed it before, but zebras have the hair start lower on their tails, exposing more skin. Zecora actually displays this, too. Also, apparently zebra hair is somewhat stiffer than pony hair.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Ack, edited that lot.

I think Glory is in a very strong denial stage right now, she's exhibiting an exaggerated part of her as a coping mechanism IMO. Compare 50 to the previous sex scenes (especially the one at the Enclave thing with Lighthooves), there's a lot more inherent bluntness in this chapter, especially with her embarrassment.

[quote="swicked"]
Caoimhe wrote:
Edit: Put Homage in the room, though, and... well... everyone is sub to Homage XD

Homage, at least, is definitely the most worldly and mature of the lot.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:30 pm

I picture Glory as the type of girl coming from a rigid environment to something completely different (like college or a new city), discovering that there's a lot of stuff she missed out on in her youth and just goes crazy out of guilt and embarrassment from feeling so sheltered. She loves Blackjack and a part of her wants to be her, so she makes things a little overblown to try to show that she isn't so different. Maybe a part of her fears Blackjack would reject her for being so different?

Where you come from and how you're raised isn't something you can control so I can see her trying to cram a life's worth of experiences in a short time as a peer pressure sort of thing subconsciously.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:49 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Swicked wrote:The breeze does something particular around the tail of a zebra? What?
Bronode is actually a font of some pretty neat zoological information. I hadn't noticed it before, but zebras have the hair start lower on their tails, exposing more skin. Zecora actually displays this, too. Also, apparently zebra hair is somewhat stiffer than pony hair.
Okay. I don't know quite how, but... could you possibly write a little more of this info into Blackjack's assessment? That her hair was stiffer, her tail had less hair on it, something? It's just such a weird, vague sorta sentiment that made me really confused...
Less hair=more exposed skin to feel wind. Stiffer hair=greater transmission of force of wind on hair to skin.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Caoimhe wrote:It's a lot more "Glory is super smart and manipulating Blackjack in a positive way" than "Glory hid her dominatrix side from everyone under a veil of sweetness."
So... a dominatrix can't be sweet and kind? Since when?

swicked wrote:Glory and Blackjack are interesting.
Glory is naturally submissive. She's the runt of her family, all of her sisters picked on her.
And Blackjack... is lazy. What she learned in 99 is to lie back and enjoy yourself. It contrasts well with her otherwise dominant personality in the rest of her dealings.

So we really have two subs here.

I think Glory might be marginally more dom than Blackjack is, because Glory WANTS to be dominant. At least, for now.

Edit: Put Homage in the room, though, and... well... everyone is sub to Homage XD
That kind of role reversal in the bedroom is actually far from uncommon. Those who feel like they always need to be in control outside, the leaders and the heroes and the powerful businessmen, tend to turn submissive as soon as they're allowed to take off that mask. Surrendering control to somebody else is a stress relief for them because for a few hours they don't need to always be responsible for everything and they can just relax and follow. Meanwhile those who have little control outside, who tend to be uncertain and uncomfortable and follow other people's leads in public, tend to take charge when they're put in a situation they can fully understand and control, like a "closed session" with somebody they know well, care about, and who will submit to them.

Blackjack is submissive to Glory because she's been stuck with the fate of the world all month, with dozens if not hundreds of lives hanging on her actions at every instant, and in the bedroom she can finally let somepony else be in charge. Glory's had increasingly little control over her life, being thrown out of her old life and family and scrambling to keep up with Blackjack's heroics, and now she has a chance to not only be in total control of things, but also help Blackjack and have some fun.

And of course there's a string correlation between the intelligent and highly educated and kink; over 20% of the BDSM scene had post-grad education last I checked. I don't know the reasons and haven't studied the phenomenon in depth, but it's definitely there.
Caoimhe wrote:Where you come from and how you're raised isn't something you can control so I can see her trying to cram a life's worth of experiences in a short time as a peer pressure sort of thing subconsciously.
Also this.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Blackjack is also terrified of losing Glory, I can't think of a single time in the story where she's had a negative word to say to her. She's very non confrontational.

They're both so bad with relationships that they're perfect for each other.

Sindri wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:It's a lot more "Glory is super smart and manipulating Blackjack in a positive way" than "Glory hid her dominatrix side from everyone under a veil of sweetness."
So... a dominatrix can't be sweet and kind? Since when?

Poor word choice, you know what I mean though.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm not going review the chapter because being a machine cultist I can't relate to any of the story that much, it's just an interesting read. Plus most of you likely don't care so why bother. *shrug* My colleague and I fully expect something at the end like Blackjack blows her head off or something. I hope not because Blackjack is best pony and my mascot. I'm actually going to have a revolver styled in her image. :D

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:08 pm

swicked wrote:
If her sexual behavior now was any different than it was when she was in the vault I think she would have noted it at some point.

She's noted before that she was always pretty boring and uninteresting. Also the whole thing with her mom giving her tips. Glory throught the more kinky stuff would be what she was used to, even though it wasn't.

So yeah, underachiever all around.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:18 pm

swicked wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I'm not going review the chapter because being a machine cultist I can't relate to any of the story that much, it's just an interesting read. Plus most of you likely don't care so why bother. *shrug* My colleague and I fully expect something at the end like Blackjack blows her head off or something. I hope not because Blackjack is best pony and my mascot. I'm actually going to have a revolver styled in her image. :D
...the reviews aren't for us, they're for the author and writing team...
Somber, in the author's note of Chapter 50, wrote:Though I won’t be taking down the tip jar, it’s just for gratitude now, not paying my bills. More precious is the feedback.

Knew I was......forgetting something....Still I don't have the time to do one but I'll put in my two-cents real quick.....(seriously whats with the dots)

Blackjack taking time to get her stuff straight was a good call. Her trying to fix Rampages memories was unexpected from my point of view but I'm looking forward to see where it goes. As far as the goddess is concerned I hope Blackjack finds a way to bitch-slap her before the story ends. Unlikely to help but there that is.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:20 pm

I must be just not getting the whole picture, but I must wonder... why does this thread often seem to default to discussion of the sexual themes within the story after a chapter comes out? Or is it that those elements of the story are more important now than they were before? This must be the case with these recent chapters, yes. It's a good thing this isn't a clopfic, I have a strong dislike for that stuff. (As in, a 'WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS?' type of dislike.)
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:I must be just not getting the whole picture, but I must wonder... why does this thread often seem to default to discussion of the sexual themes within the story after a chapter comes out? Or is it that those elements of the story are more important now than they were before? This must be the case with these recent chapters, yes. It's a good thing this isn't a clopfic, I have a strong dislike for that stuff. (As in, a 'WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS?' type of dislike.)
We discuss sexual things all the time. They might even relate to the story when Glory and Blackjack had sex that chapter.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next