Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
Ametros
OBS.GS.§S
MLPOCG
Rafafidi
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Aonee
Theta
Scootayay
Somber
Chimalpopica
Cptadder
Vergil
jacky2734
Katarn
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
Kattlarv
Ki-Tarn
Stringtheory
Scyto Harmony
Jeremyrush
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
Mikas
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Caoimhe
Sindri
RandomBlank
SilentCarto
RoboRed
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
WavemasterRyx
44 posters

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scootayay Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Found a few typos, don't know if anyone else found them yet (I've been living under a rock in Ghastly Gorge for the past two weeks, i.e., away on vacation without Internet and just returned. It's gonna take a while 'till I'm up to date)

typos:
My thoughts on this chapter can be summarized in two words(at least for now): HOLY SHIT
Scootayay
Scootayay
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:44 pm

scootayay wrote:Found a few typos, don't know if anyone else found them yet (I've been living under a rock in Ghastly Gorge for the past two weeks, i.e., away on vacation without Internet and just returned. It's gonna take a while 'till I'm up to date)

typos:
My thoughts on this chapter can be summarized in two words(at least for now): HOLY SHIT
"none know" and "are ready" are both valid usages, and we've previously observed "Proditor" as the Equestrian plural of "Proditor" (and the correct Latin plural would, in any case, be "Proditores", if I am not mistaken). For pointing out the rest, however, I thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Had to skip comments because I gotta go to work before the new chapter, so I'm sorry if Co- Ci- Ca- if she already got this.
O. Hinds wrote:
...How does that pronunciation arise?

In a word?

Gaelic. (Or should I say Goidelic?)

Confusing the anglicized world since 400.

That's right! Éirinn go Brách! The motto of the language is "At least it's not Welsh."

Great chapter overall. I'm glad I could for the first time experience it "live." I was giddy this morning and went out to the park to read it on my iPad.

Some disjointed thoughts:
Spoiler:
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:43 pm

So, this time I didn't do a reading review because I completely forgot to do it to begin with and was already quite some way into the chapter before I realised.

I'm very sorry Somber, I really hadn't meant to forget that - I know how much in depth reviews mean to you.

However, I can give you my review now I've finally finished after god knows how much distraction.

The chapter was utterly amazing, it went from piece of action to piece of action with a bit of backstory to stop it being over the top.
Your writing always amazes me and makes me wish I was a better writer myself, your imagination is simply incredible.

The idea of a set of ghouls fighting for 200 years is hilarious, non stop fighting to the death when really - they'll never die because they just can't do enough damage fast enough.

I wasn't so sure at first about you making the flaming ghouls a lot easier to kill - though you could easily put that down to concentrated fire, understanding the enemy and hey; the first one could've just been naturally tougher.

I very, very, very much liked Dues' backstory part - wanting to see Twist again so that he could apologise was moving, to say the least.

Hightower has been amazing to visit, dangerous as all hell and definitely not a good place for Blackjack, but I've loved it and I've loved all the information we've gotten about everything past and present.

I honestly do hope you'll take the next chapter back to chapel - please.
Blackjack will need Glory, Glory needs to beat on Blackjack for fucking another pony, Pyscho needs time to 'get further acquainted' with Styggie, Rampage needs a rest, Lacunae needs that kiss from Blackjack

(any artist who draws this, you'll win my heart. Have it so Blackjack kisses Lacunae and Lac just blushes?)

and yeah. Blackjack NEEDS the rest now. That was the one thing I absolutely could not fucking stand about Littlepip - she never fucking stopped for five minutes. it was always the next thing, the next thing, the next thing.
Another chance to rest would be brilliant.

The end of the warden reeked of dues ex machina, but don't take this as complaining in the least;
I'm actually not someone who hates dues ex machina's AS LONG AS they're done tastefully.

A shark coming out of nowhere and eating the bad guy is not tasteful.
The OIA telling the warden that Blackjack is essential and that he has to let her go, shooting him when he doesn't? You can (and will) be using that as a plotline point in the future - it'll make for an interesting plot-piece when it comes up and has it's revelation, so yeah, I like it.

Again, wonderful chapter - truly something.

Best of luck to you with the move; I hope you'll let us all know how it goes and IF YOU NEED HELP, FUCKIN' TELL US. Okay?
We're all here for you, we all adore you, we'll all do whatever we can to help you - I'm sure there's some locals who'd help you move in or something, or give you a tour of the area or SOMETHING to help out.
Same goes for financially - we'll all help that way given the chance.

I'll be donating in a minute.

Anyway, best of luck to you.
Thank you for making this truly indescribably brilliant story; I'm going to miss it while you're gone but I do look forward to the next instalment once you come back, ever so much so.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theta Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
Once again I simply love any interaction between BJ and Rampage. They work off each other so well and really are tortured BFFs. Also can someone explain Rampage's "Pinks" nickname for Blackjack? I know it was stated somewhere but I can't remember the context.
"Pinks" was a word used to refer to M.o.M agents
Theta
Theta
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Ah, I knew it had something to do with that.

Also Kippershy's post reminded me, I do love that Doof gets "humanized" more as things goes on. With Blackjack's constant fear of turning into the monster of Deus, it's good to see development of Doof the pony. It also continues the trend of there being two sides to every villain and makes Goldenblood all the more mysterious and otherworldly at the same time.

Also I agree, BJ needs another break. Hightower seemed almost as brutal as Hippocratic. I can only imagine what Shadowbolt Tower would be like.

...and I completely forgot to comment on the big laser from the Core and the mysterious accompanying voice. That's some serious shit. BJ didn't even get a moment to whine about her brain needing to figure out yet another mystery this time!

I'm so glad I have PH to gush over, I feel like I finally understand what my coworkers who went crazy over stupid Twilight novels were going through between releases (though I'm not comparing the two). :)

Last edited by Caoimhe on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Really liked the new chapter, especially Snails. I don't know why I just really liked that scene.
Spoiler:

@Caoimaiachvavash: the nickname "pinks" for cops comes from the MoM, being a reference to Pinkie Pie and her spies and enforcers and such
@Somber: job possibilities? Great! Somber around impressionable children? I may have some reservations... I kid of course I'm sure with your apparent intellect you will be a great teacher.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Thoughts on chapter.
Spoiler:
I only got to page 18. I can't concentrate on it now. I'll finish it later when my friend leaves, might add review.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Kippershy wrote:Lacunae needs that kiss from Blackjack
Eh? To what kiss do you refer?
ketchup504 wrote:I wonder why Shifty having done dealings with zebras is of interest to Blackjack, though the aswer is probably simple enough.
See Chapter 42.
ketchup504 wrote:Xanthe defended her from Rampage's accusation. I find this odd, I'd expect her to say nothing or cower.
Xanthe was saying that Blackjack wasn't berserk. Xanthe has seen Blackjack berserk (the whole "kill me with my own bones" thing not being hyperbole), and this isn't it.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:43 pm

O. Hinds wrote:

Project Horizons Chapter 48 wrote:
Lacunae was alive, and wonderful! If I didn’t have a great big hole in me, I’d have leapt up and kissed her!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:46 pm

So far, a kiss from Blackjack is a sure sign you will not die. Next time she needs to line up all her friends Patton style and plant a wet one on each before going into certain death.

Edit: Another significant note: No "Game Over" this time!

Last edited by Caoimhe on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Vergil wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

Project Horizons Chapter 48 wrote:
Lacunae was alive, and wonderful! If I didn’t have a great big hole in me, I’d have leapt up and kissed her!
Ah, thanks.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:57 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:Xanthe defended her from Rampage's accusation. I find this odd, I'd expect her to say nothing or cower.
Xanthe was saying that Blackjack wasn't berserk. Xanthe has seen Blackjack berserk (the whole "kill me with my own bones" thing not being hyperbole), and this isn't it.
So it won't be long before she starts beating people to death with their own skull?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Aonee wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
So it won't be long before she starts beating people to death with their own skull?

That doesn't seem physically possible!

If you get this I love you
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:21 pm

That's what Jimmy said as he died.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:25 pm

"THIS DOESN'T SEEM PHYSICAL POSSIBLE!"
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:39 pm

You know what?

I love you guys.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Amazing chapter, really enjoyed it.
Tried to stay up for it, but alas I could not. (Birthday today could not stay up too late)

Spoiler:

Now to the more important matter. Somber, good luck with your journey and the hardships that may come with it. Take care of yourself don't worry about us or the story until you have everything sorted out and set in stone, you know we love you. And most important of all, try not to stress. This is just another big chapter in your life, we all have huge changes once in a while in our lives.

Good Luck and happy trails!
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Alright time to type up a chapter review, for another epic chapter.

Spoiler:

Another amazing chapter, of an amazing story. Thank you, Somber, and the entire editing team. For devoting your time and energy to produce such an epic piece of literature.

Somber, we wish you the best of luck with your move and take as much time as you need to get yourself taken care of. We won't mind waiting for the next chapter for how ever long it takes, and we'll help you out the best we can. Once again, good luck and have fun!

Last edited by guarddogjr on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Ch. 48 Comments:
Editing:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Vergil wrote:
Aonee wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

That doesn't seem physically possible!

If you get this I love you
You know, that's what he said to, ahhh good old RvB.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Okay my first commentary, here goes nothing:

Spoiler:

wow, that was long, guess the way I format my comments makes it super long, oh well

EDIT:
Somber wrote:I write this at 1 AM for me, 4AM for Hinds, and 9AM for Bro and Snipehamster. That’s right, my editors stay up to see Celestia raise the sun working on this. They’re incredible, and deserve a round of applause.
*applause*
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:32 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Ch. 48 Comments:
Editing:

Ah, thank you. The last one, however, is not a mistake but a reference to Goliath, the train-pulling pony from Chapter 36.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:49 pm

I like reading other people's commentaries as they point out the stuff I missed or glossed over sometimes. For example the flame ponies which I'm hereafter referring to as Balefire Ghouls, and why these were easier to kill.

The Balefire Ghoul (Which I will call Balefire Prime to distinguish him) the group ran into outside the high security area was in direct line of sight of the warhead and thus in direct view of his radiation source boosting his regen considerably over the others who while still in a radiation environment were a magnitude lower rad environment thus had lesser regen.

Second the tactics of the group had improved, head shots and massive firepower put these things down, remember the bullets were melting before hitting Balefire Prime with only beam weapons being unaffected. So they were using anti-material weapons like the AM-Rifle from the start rather than starting with small caliber fire and escalating.

Third and this is important, I don't think the other Balefire Ghouls were on the same level as Balefire Prime, he burned hotter, burned brighter and was obviously only semi-feral as he took obvious pleasure in their pain rather than just seeming them as a food source as the others did. Balefire Prime was still sane just evil. As for him not speaking... it's hard to form words when your lungs are filled with fire, the very air around you burns and you don't care about talking with your prey.

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:38 am

So here we go again. Got some Scotch to celebrate the Whiskey Queen, and Notepad open because Cloudsville hates MS Word. Time for pony and death. Except in the middle when it's time to see The Dark Knight Rises.

Running Commentary:
Spoiler:

Editing:
Spoiler:

Overall thoughts:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Icy Shake on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ending the spoiler tag.)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:47 am

Resuming review.
Spoiler:
Fantastic chapter. Made me very happy to read it.
Thanks to Somber, Hinds, Snipehamster, and Bronode for writing and editing this excellent story for free.

Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:52 am

Another great chapter Somby! I really hope things go well with the move.

Also do we have an official mine-craft or tf2 server yet. I think we should.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:26 am

Icy Shake wrote:So here we go again. Got some Scotch to celebrate the Whiskey Queen, and Notepad open because Cloudsville hates MS Word. Time for pony and death. Except in the middle when it's time to see The Dark Knight Rises.

Running Commentary:
Spoiler:

Editing:
Spoiler:

Overall thoughts:
Spoiler:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:26 am

Well, got to the story within 24 hours this time. Should have this up by sunrise.

chapter review time!:
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next