Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:30 pm

Last wrote:While I'm over here we're were having a discussion over on the RP thread and I'd like to ask your opinions. Does this pony look like a Mare or a stallion?
Spoiler:
Short muzzle, eyelashes. Mare.

Sindri wrote:Right off the bat, the sun is frequently shown behind Canterlot from Ponyville in the show. With the climate clearly growing colder to the top of the map and warmer to the bottom, we can assume that the equator is in the lower reaches or below the edge and the near pole is off the top, correct? So for Canterlot to be between Ponyville and the sun at any time, it would need to be closer to the bottom of the map; the reverse is true. If I bothered to examine it closely I'm sure I could find more logical errors or missing canon.
Not so; the farther north you are, the farther north the sun rises and sets in the summer (but the lower in the sky it peaks at noon).

Consider the extreme case of standing on the arctic circle on the summer solstice. The sun never sets at all; at local midnight, it's straight north from you, peeking over the north pole. It rolls around the whole sky and returns to that position 24 hours later, staying close to the horizon the whole time. At noon, it's low in the south.

Now move slightly south from there. The sun does dip below the northern horizon at midnight, but rises shortly after midnight, just to the east of straight north. It circles the entire sky, then sets just on the other side of north a few minutes shy of the following midnight.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:50 pm

swicked wrote:...no, I don't think so. They didn't force Celestia to be pink. The merchandising department and the animation department are nearly completely divorced from each other. I don't see this map sticking to canon at all. Otherwise Pinkie pie WOULD have had a car, and Applejack a truck, and etc. etc. You can't deny stupid stuff like that would sell even better if it was actually on the show once in a while. The fact that it is not in evidence enough that merchandise doesn't rule animation.
The posters are not created by Hasbro. The group-shot posters were composed by Studio B layout artist Nayuki. While mapmaking doesn't fall into her skill set (her words), it too was created by Studio B, not Hasbro.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Icy Shake wrote:If she can use her wings to glide, they aren't exactly vestigial--not to mention that that she can glide at all indicates that she definitely has some pegasus magic (so much the more so since she was carrying Twilight); my take on her poor escape was she had damsel-in-distress syndrome because of plot convenience.
I can't believe I'm going to bat for Cadence, but I guess she's grown on me a bit.

First, she was sealed in a chamber about the size of a jail cell until Twilight blasted her out. The glitter of light she sees is over Twi's shoulder, which is where Twilight entered the cell -- through what was a wall until moments before. I imagine a talent for love doesn't make you good at destructive spells, and thanks to the reflective crystals, even Twi nearly fried herself on the first shot. I absolutely don't fault Cadence for not escaping on her own.

Second, Cadence was down there for days, if not a week or more. There was no evidence of food or water down there. I'm somewhat surprised she could walk out under her own power in the first place, much less run to the exit and glide while carrying Twilight! No wonder Twilight put her in the mine cart for the bulk of the trip.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:35 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
swicked wrote:...no, I don't think so. They didn't force Celestia to be pink. The merchandising department and the animation department are nearly completely divorced from each other. I don't see this map sticking to canon at all. Otherwise Pinkie pie WOULD have had a car, and Applejack a truck, and etc. etc. You can't deny stupid stuff like that would sell even better if it was actually on the show once in a while. The fact that it is not in evidence enough that merchandise doesn't rule animation.
The posters are not created by Hasbro. The group-shot posters were composed by Studio B layout artist Nayuki. While mapmaking doesn't fall into her skill set (her words), it too was created by Studio B, not Hasbro.
...so?
I'm still not sure I follow you. She says she did NOT make the map. It wouldn't matter, though... canon is what is on the show.
I'm not sure how I am failing to communicate what I am saying, here. There were only two alicorn princesses, according to Studio B, until there were more than two.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:47 pm

Oh story time!

Okay so today I had a moment of weakness and dropped 400 dollars on a new system made from scratch. Goats only basics like processor dvdrom board tower graphics and hdd now I gotta run a restore from a system image on an external hdd. Hope it works. AMD FX 6100 gigabyte ga 970 mob. 8 gb ram. And a gigabyte gt 630 graphics card... I'm worried about power supply since mine does a Max of 430w and the graphics says 330w and the CPU uses 120w
It would be under powered for now.. I plan on using a system restore from an external hdd from a boot disk for my laptop to upload the system image I have on the hdd. I hope it works problem is I need a monitor to actually start the process since my television does not show the boot process at all. I'm rather excited.

At 4 there was a Houston brony meet up and I got to meet with one of the frequent forum members there. We hung out did introductions and then went off to get dinner at Buffalo wild wings. They thought we were a fantasy football group.
Got to give a little testimony to one of the employees there he heard of mlp but has never seen the show itself.

All in all it was enjoyable and the cider did flow. Apples made some money for sure

Last edited by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cellphone auto correct failure)
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:12 am

>that feel when I got Fallout 3 to work first time [and more efficiently] by switching two lines of code and adding one small file.

get on my level, bitches.
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:12 am

swicked wrote:...so?
I'm still not sure I follow you. She says she did NOT make the map. It wouldn't matter, though... canon is what is on the show.
I'm not sure how I am failing to communicate what I am saying, here. There were only two alicorn princesses, according to Studio B, until there were more than two.
...and? I corrected your comment that the posters were made by the marketing department of Hasbro. Didn't say a word about canon.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 am

Sounds like y'all are being petty about a map that we've been kind of asking for
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:26 am

Studio B will never get to talk back to Hasbro because they can always pull the "without us you wouldn't exist with this project" card, so that's the way it's gotta be with whatever they throw out. They'll never have true creative freedom with the brand.
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:48 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:At 4 there was a Houston brony meet up and I got to meet with one of the frequent forum members there. We hung out did introductions and then went off to get dinner at Buffalo wild wings. They thought we were a fantasy football group.
Got to give a little testimony to one of the employees there he heard of mlp but has never seen the show itself.
Cool. There have been some midwest brony meetups, but... eh. Not really my thing. I should probably make the effort at least once, though...

Kippershy wrote:>that feel when I got Fallout 3 to work first time [and more efficiently] by switching two lines of code and adding one small file.

Gezz... why did I never have any problems getting this game to run? I mean, I'm not currently trying to re-install it, but... eh.

SilentCarto wrote:
swicked wrote:...so?
...and? I corrected your comment that the posters were made by the marketing department of Hasbro. Didn't say a word about canon.
Ok.
Whatever, then.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:50 am

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, by the way, I think that I'll use a Janney coupler for its load capacity and potential political reasons precluding the use of some fully automatic coupler design. That sound good?

I don't see any reason that would be a problem, but it might need to be scaled up a bit to accommodate the larger gauge and height.

SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:If she can use her wings to
glide, they aren't exactly vestigial--not to mention that that she can
glide at all indicates that she definitely has some pegasus magic (so
much the more so since she was carrying Twilight); my take on her poor
escape was she had damsel-in-distress syndrome because of plot
convenience.
I can't believe I'm going to bat for Cadence, but I guess she's grown on me a bit.

First,
she was sealed in a chamber about the size of a jail cell until
Twilight blasted her out. The glitter of light she sees is over Twi's
shoulder, which is where Twilight entered the cell -- through what was a
wall until moments before. I imagine a talent for love doesn't make you
good at destructive spells, and thanks to the reflective crystals, even
Twi nearly fried herself on the first shot. I absolutely don't fault
Cadence for not escaping on her own.

Second, Cadence was down
there for days, if not a week or more. There was no evidence of food or
water down there. I'm somewhat surprised she could walk out under her
own power in the first place, much less run to the exit and glide while
carrying Twilight! No wonder Twilight put her in the mine cart for the
bulk of the trip.

Everything you said is consistent. But based on the information we actually have, I don't personally think there's either strong reason to believe she is an alicorn or that she is not. We just haven't seen enough to really tell, and there hasn't been anything in terms of expository dialogue or narration. I have, sadly, been working from the pessimistic assumption that she is one--I would be ecstatic to find that that is not the case (especially if a good explanation is in the deal), and would rather set myself up to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. In the mean time, I readily admit that I'm always happier to see fics where she is either uninvolved or different from the Sisters, with explanations of why she appears as she does.

Regarding the genetic argument: it does make a great deal of sense. However, I worry that there are a lot of coincidences there. Cadence is a sport as a unicorn with wings; I cannot recall seeing a mare of her size apart from Celestia or Luna, who by a quick comparison might be slightly larger (I think Luna is about a head taller than the Mane Six, while Cadence is about half a head taller); she is a princess. Unless they are connected, that's a lot to occur all in one individual.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:04 am

Icy Shake wrote:I cannot recall seeing a mare of her size apart from Celestia or Luna, who by a quick comparison might be slightly larger (I think Luna is about a head taller than the Mane Six, while Cadence is about half a head taller)
Fleur is the same height and similar body type (little bit skinnier IIRC). And Canterlot unicorns seem to be consistently taller than average, especially in the higher class.

Anyway, given two explanations which both fit the visible evidence, one of which makes perfect sense given my current understanding of the world but would be somewhat unlikely, and the other of which requires a complete restructuring of the fictional cosmos, I favor the first until more evidence arises.
I concede that Cadence could, given what we've seen, been an Alicorn Princess, but I will not believe that she is until evidence is presented which suggests this as more correct than my own theory.
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:22 am

Icy Shake wrote:I have, sadly, been working from the pessimistic assumption that she is one
I'm sorry, but... why is this pessimistic? If we get all pegan about it we can consider a pantheon of goddesses. In Greek myth Zeus was undoubtedly stronger than Aphrodite, and has far more important responsibilities. It doesn't make Aphrodite no longer a divine to not be comparable to Zeus, but she has her own role to fill.

In the MLP world these paragons don't really hold up as the goddesses in this case are of a far lesser and more mundane variety, but hopefully you get my point. A lesser alicorn princess goddess, mostly due to status and purpose, but in no way some sort of genetic mutation.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:30 am

Icy Shake wrote:Everything you said is consistent. But based on the information we actually have, I don't personally think there's either strong reason to believe she is an alicorn or that she is not.
I was addressing the "distressed damsel" point more than anything else. I agree with your "pessimists are pleasantly surprised" point, but I expect we'll learn things we never expected with the Crystal Empire arc.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:40 am

swicked wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:I have, sadly, been working from the pessimistic assumption that she is one
I'm sorry, but... why is this pessimistic? If we get all pegan about it we can consider a pantheon of goddesses. In Greek myth Zeus was undoubtedly stronger than Aphrodite, and has far more important responsibilities. It doesn't make Aphrodite no longer a divine to not be comparable to Zeus, but she has her own role to fill.

In the MLP world these paragons don't really hold up as the goddesses in this case are of a far lesser and more mundane variety, but hopefully you get my point. A lesser alicorn princess goddess, mostly due to status and purpose, but in no way some sort of genetic mutation.
Well, it does sort of invalidate a lot of people's headcanon (which is not-even-slightly-sacred, of course) if Cadance is a true alicorn (which is a word that has not even been said in the show, of course). It also raises questions about the first episode's mythos of Luna and Celestia, and why Cadance wasn't mentioned. There are explanations for this - potentially compelling ones, in my estimation - but some people are understandably unhappy with the idea that Cadance is a true alicorn nonetheless, worrying that Studio B doesn't really have a plan to incorporate her believably into the Celestia/Luna pantheon, so to speak. Personally, I'm out on this one - I like Cadance fairly well so far, as fairly undeveloped characters go, and I think that there could be some interesting ways her existence could be dealt with. Link her appearance to the appearance of Celestia and Luna themselves, so long ago, perhaps. Maybe Cadance appeared because she would be needed, or maybe the psychic field of ponies in harmony created her as it did Luna and Celestia. Maybe I'm completely off base and crazy (well... probably!). Point is, I get why people are concerned, but I'm not going to worry about Studio B messing this up unless it actually happens.

(If they do throw canon out the window, I'll be disappointed, but there's already plenty of very good, very cool fanon from S1/S2 out there to immerse myself in.)
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:40 am

OT: I just want to toss out a quick "WOO!" because Curiosity is safe on the surface of Mars, the landing was picture-perfect, and it even had time to uplink a couple of images from its steering cameras before the Odyssey orbiter dropped below the horizon!

(The first image: A low-res thumbnail of Curiosity's wheel on the Martian soil!)
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:08 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:It also raises questions about the first episode's mythos of Luna and Celestia, and why Cadance wasn't mentioned.
I dunno. My headcanon is simple: she came later. According to the hearts warming eve even Luna and Celestia didn't always exist.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:10 am

GAAAH. After lurking on this topic for weeks and keeping on having things to say but not saying them, I can't take it any more. I'm finished. I'll just join the forum already.
*pant, pant, pant*

On the map, I really like it. It fits in decently well with both FIM and F:E canon, and has some nice coincidental alignments with F:E like a gorge with a river running through it near Appleoosa (for the chimera stable) and a couple mountains between said gorge and Appleoosa for the train to run over. Yes it needs the railway on the map to be slightly shifted, but that's easily handwaved as being part of the infrastructure improvements going on throughout Equestria in the years leading up to the war. Also it's great to have a reference handy for fanfic authors and Studio B to use. Hoofington easily fits south of the map, since it's next to the zebras, has a super rainy climate, is near Spike's mountain (which LittlePip said was way out of her area), and being south of the border would even make it one of the farthest towns from Ponyville, so Trixie would be secure in making claims of Ursa Major slaying. As for Trottingham, my headcanon is it's on an island off Equestria's coast, and I'm kinda glad the map hasn't disproved it. After mentally tracing LittlePip's journey on the map, the only serious discrepancy I found was the short distance between Manehattan and Fillydelphia. That's explained by the "Not To Scale" thing, Manehattan could be on more of a peninsula that juts east and has that hilly country on it, and it was truncated to fit in the map.

On the picture of a pony of indeterminate gender: judging by the chiseled jaw, I thought stallion, and a rather sexy stallion too. Totally wanted to kiss him when I saw him.

On a mutant Cadance being too much of a coincidence: Word of Lauren has it that Blueblood is kind of Celestia's nephew but many generations removed, so I guess that makes him a descendant of Luna. Cadance is stated somewhere official to be Celestia's niece, so she must have a similar relation. Being descended from an alicorn makes genetic quirks that make one similar to an alicorn a hell of a lot more likely.
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:37 am

SilentCarto wrote:OT: I just want to toss out a quick "WOO!" because Curiosity is safe on the surface of Mars, the landing was picture-perfect, and it even had time to uplink a couple of images from its steering cameras before the Odyssey orbiter dropped below the horizon!

(The first image: A low-res thumbnail of Curiosity's wheel on the Martian soil!)
We have Wheels. On. Mars. Fuck yeah Luna

nebulous wrote:GAAAH. After lurking on this topic for weeks and keeping on having things to say but not saying them, I can't take it any more. I'm finished. I'll just join the forum already.
*pant, pant, pant*
Welcome!
On a mutant Cadance being too much of a coincidence: Word of Lauren has it that Blueblood is kind of Celestia's nephew but many generations removed, so I guess that makes him a descendant of Luna. Cadance is stated somewhere official to be Celestia's niece, so she must have a similar relation. Being descended from an alicorn makes genetic quirks that make one similar to an alicorn a hell of a lot more likely.
Lauren called him Celestia's "great great great great great great great great great great great (and probably even more greats) nephew on Celestia's and Luna's mother's side, about 52 times removed, roughly speaking." There is however no mention of Luna having reproduced, and the fact that the 'times-removed' terminology is not generally applied to nephews tends to muddy the issue slightly...

Fun fact: he was originally a duke but was changed to a prince per Hasbro's request.
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:11 am

Erumpet wrote:Just reread the first two chapters and my mind goes "ooh I wonder what happens next, in going to read the next chapter". Then I realize I know what happens next and have already the next chapter, and all the chapters after that. But I'm seriously considering rereading anyways. *thinks about it for five minutes* yeah I'm going for it.
When I read this, I actually let out a little squeak of joy... To me this seems like an incredible compliment to the story. I hope you enjoy your re-read, Erumpet.

@Somber
- Very interesting comments about the Everafter and the Eater of Souls, it's wonderful to get some of your insight into the situation, sir.
- As others have said, please don't concern yourself too much with the map, unless you can use it to your advantage.
- What lucky ponies. Also, I suppose that's one reason why I try to avoid too much speculation, because seeing the story unfold through Blackjack's eyes as it has is a wonderful thing.

@(the Map)
- Personally I'm much more interested in the Season 2 cast picture. Even if they left Silver Spoon out of it.

stringtheory wrote:once again your amazing skill as a writer has been
proven, by giving a giant vampire star a believable sympathetic
backstory
I laugh, but it's so true... Darn sympathetic giant vampire stars!

@O. Hinds:
O. Hinds wrote:...Also, I don't mean to pester, but are the
rail-related images I've been posting not displaying or something? I've
posted two now with requests for appraisals on both, and no one's even
mentioned them.
My apologies, sir. I was refraining from speaking because (just general not-posting aside) I know nothing about trains, other than that I loved Thomas the Tank Engine when I was younger.

@O. Hinds
- Well I couldn't really tell what the initial pictures were
about, but the finished model of the bogey looks nice, even if I had to
look up what that meant, heh.

@Kattlarv:
Kattlarv wrote:(Seaponies) Something is fishy about this picture :P

Or
another of my fav acts: hurl some bad guy into a dominant positive
energy plane. You get fast healing 5 (if alive, otherwise take 5 per
turn if I recall right) once at full hp, you start getting temporary HP,
once you reach your max hp with temporary (aka: double HP) [and then
they die]

Edit: Oh, and totally random: Me and my RP crew discussed for a few
whiles about mythological and fantasy creatures, and how they'd make, or
not make anatomical logical sense.
- What a cod thing to say.
- Oh, I did that with a priest of Pelor too! Pelor is my favorite god in
D&D, and I brought an arch lich back to his plane because it
soul-sucked one of my team-mates, and just kept it turned while the positive energy ate it alive. The dead person then made a new character
dedicated to power-gaming the hell out of everything just to piss off
the DM for killing them.
- Always fun talking about anatomy and reproduction of fantasy creatures. Jolly good fun.
Kattlarv wrote:And overall, if there's something I noticed in many RP's: People like fucking ;D
That they do, ma'am.

Oh wait, I forgot about this.
Somber wrote:At first they fall for the 'Somber is a perv' line... you know... cause I am...
Somber's a perv? *picks jaw up off the floor*
I mean Kipper, Kim... me... yeah. But Somber? The thought had never even crossed my mind.

@RoboRed:
RoboRed wrote:Boo :D
more boo (and saucy BJ)
more art by Ryx (<3)

WavemasterRyx wrote:(Boo :D)
YAAY BOO!!! :D
WavemasterRyx wrote:
O.
Hinds wrote:
Oh hush. Yes, you've improved, but the original, unbrushed first
two chapters were still enough to suck me in. And I, as you know, am
picky.
This, very much so. I think I've backed up my copy of the
original chapter 1 in seven different places on other computers and
stick/portable drives.
I still love that original first chapter.
I'm honestly curious about these original chapters...
EDIT: Ah, and Hinds was generous enough to link them. I'll be sure to take a look when I have time.
- Welcome back from your time away, sir, I do hope you enjoyed yourself.
I am glad that you enjoyed Boo and the other pictures as well.
- A lot of people think the original chapters were weaker, and are much
more satisfied with the re-writes. The original chapter 1 just has a lot
of meaning to me, and I'm always going to treasure it.

One more thing! Did you all know about this already?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HIE5xM0bxQ
I just saw it today, it's been out for months! It's really well done too.
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:21 am

Icy Shake wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Oh, by the way, I think that I'll use a Janney coupler for its load capacity and potential political reasons precluding the use of some fully automatic coupler design. That sound good?

I don't see any reason that would be a problem, but it might need to be scaled up a bit to accommodate the larger gauge and height.
What do you mean?

SilentCarto wrote:OT: I just want to toss out a quick "WOO!" because Curiosity is safe on the surface of Mars, the landing was picture-perfect, and it even had time to uplink a couple of images from its steering cameras before the Odyssey orbiter dropped below the horizon!

I know! My immediate family gathered together to watch.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:24 am

@WavemasterRyx:
No problem.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:One more thing! Did you all know about this already?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HIE5xM0bxQ
I just saw it today, it's been out for months! It's really well done too.

Oh wow, I didn't know Nowacking read FoE! Her voice is almost exactly how I imagine Blackjack's, too.
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:43 am

Well, I think that I've made a lot of progress today. (On a related note, it's 0635! Wheeee!) Some images of what the thing looks like at the moment:

I think that I may need to move the horns back to make room for the forward turrets...
(Oh, and the vents have water drains (not shown) at the bottom of their troughs and integrated anti-snow/ice heaters. Oh, and, in the event that both main antenna assemblies are destroyed, emergency ones can be deployed from inside the armor once it's safe to do so. Though going off the air for too long without first sending the proper codes will trip an alert on the network anyway.)
Oh, forward vents are cooling and combustion intake, rear vents and cooling and combustion exhaust.

I'm thinking green with a yellow top and lettering for the NETC livery. Opinions? Oh, and I was planning to use four quadbarrel 30mm machinegun turrets for armament, but, looking at it now, I think that I might bump it up to six... I'm not sure.

And now off towards sleep!
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:59 am

nebulous wrote:On a mutant Cadance being too much of a coincidence: Word of Lauren has it that Blueblood is kind of Celestia's nephew but many generations removed, so I guess that makes him a descendant of Luna.
Not necessarily. If Celestia ceremonially married or adopted the childless Prince of Canterlot, his brother and that brother's descendants would all be Celestia's nephews and nieces.

My headcanon says that she did so in return for a place in the castle after her own palace was destroyed by her fight with Nightmare Moon. Though I'll note that, since Luna uses the "Royal Canterlot Voice", I assume the palace in Everfree was already called Canterlot and the current Canterlot took on the name when Celestia moved in.

Anyway.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:43 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, I think that I've made a lot of progress today. (On a related note, it's 0635! Wheeee!) Some images of what the thing looks like at the moment:

I think that I may need to move the horns back to make room for the forward turrets...
(Oh, and the vents have water drains (not shown) at the bottom of their troughs and integrated anti-snow/ice heaters. Oh, and, in the event that both main antenna assemblies are destroyed, emergency ones can be deployed from inside the armor once it's safe to do so. Though going off the air for too long without first sending the proper codes will trip an alert on the network anyway.)
Oh, forward vents are cooling and combustion intake, rear vents and cooling and combustion exhaust.

I'm thinking green with a yellow top and lettering for the NETC livery. Opinions? Oh, and I was planning to use four quadbarrel 30mm machinegun turrets for armament, but, looking at it now, I think that I might bump it up to six... I'm not sure.

And now off towards sleep!
The armament of 16 30mm autocannons seems excessive for antipersonnel work and inadequate against heavy armor. Anything light enough to be flying might as well self-destruct on the ground, though, especially with ball turrets.

What is this thing for, anyway? You go into precise details of Equestrian rail measure and you render an armed train car. I am looking forward to seeing what this'll be.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafafidi on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:45 am

Quick question: what color is BJ's magic? And how the glow color, in general, is defined?
Rafafidi
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:48 am

It either used to be red and is now white, or it used to be white and is now red. I can't remember which.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:48 am

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:>that feel when I got Fallout 3 to work first time [and more efficiently] by switching two lines of code and adding one small file.

Gezz... why did I never have any problems getting this game to run? I mean, I'm not currently trying to re-install it, but... eh.

My old machine ran it first time, without any modifications, but would occasionally crash at places.
(It was never designed to run on win7)
For this new machine, I installed a DLL to make it appreciate win7, changed one line of code to make it appreciate quad core capabilities, and added one line to allow it to run 4gig of RAM, rather then the standard 2.
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:50 am

@Magic color: I always thought it was white. I think it was put at red at some point though.

Also: Welcome to the thread, nebulous.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content