Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+49
Scienza
Tacoman587
Downloaded Skill
iLateralGX
Luminous Lead
atikin
Veradon Chimera
Caoimhe
Train Dodger
Laperlazus
Thoroar
Stack Trace
FoolNeim
nallar
Vixie
PeppyJoe
joltius
Strawberry
Technowolf
neoaustin
Anonymouss
BLame
Caringhide
Silver136
Vexd
decumos
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Blue Heron
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
MiniGaunt
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
FeatherDust
O. Hinds
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
JadedPony
CD
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Somber
ILM126
WavemasterRyx
Epsilon
Borsuq
53 posters

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:58 am

okay.  A friend helped me out with the neighponese.  Thanks.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty I speak Japanese (well, a little)

Post by ILM126 Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:17 am

Somber wrote:Anyone speak japanese... or know someone who knows japanese?

I do speak Japanese, been learning it at school since last year. Not very fluent, I do know the basics and grammar...
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by ILM126 Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:17 am

Also, for my rockets. I've found only 2 nuclear engine mods out there and I've tried one but it didn't give me enough thrust and TWR.

But the second one, which is what I'm testing now, might have enough thrust and TWR. Specificwise, what would the TWR be around? For eg, the Falcon v9.1 from SpaceX is said to have around 23(?) TWR, but if we divided that by 3 (which is what I think happens between Earth and Kerbin) it will have around 7.666 TWR. Would that be the target here?
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:19 pm

I'm not sure what the exact TWRs are, sorry. The core ship of the older rockets has a Kerbin TWR<1 when not running in LAMTRpg mode, though, remember. You might want to research the R-7 family and the N1 for real-world semi-similar examples, but I've just been looking around a bit without finding the TWRs or the masses I'd need to calculate them.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:40 am

Good luck deciding what to do with the 57 changes. I hope you find something you're all happy with.

And it's good to hear that you got the Japanese help worked out.

So, Somber. You know how everything turns out longer than you mean it to? I think I'm starting to empathize.

Chapter Sixty Seven Running Thoughts:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:41 am

Chapter Sixty Seven Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Seven Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:00 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

Um... Hm. You say that "Pink Cloud" ought to not be capitalized? Why? I'm pretty sure that it ought to be. Though, looking at Nallar, we appear to have missed it more often than we got it right. If that is right, that is.
Oh, though opening the main editing spoiler and conducting a somewhat irregular search, I see that you may have made your decision based on the ratio. Hm. Bother. Well, I don't like leaving this unfinished, but I think I'd better hear your reply before taking action one way or another on this. Maybe Somber will happen to be in to comment on it, too.
Notes to Self: Saved Cloud Decapitalization Corrections:

I went with your suggestion to make Dean Bitterbrew male; thanks.

Icy Shake wrote:is the observation tower part of/at the top of the rotunda, or perhaps immediately adjacent to it?
...This is what I thought? I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by asking the question.

Icy Shake wrote:See, this is part of the reason that although in some lower-level aspects Blackjack is chaotic, I tend to view her as on the Lawful side of things, or at least Neutral tending towards Lawful.
I'd go with NG with some lawful tendencies too.

...You know, I wouldn't have expect you to be the one proposing an AU incest arranged marriage shipfic. :)
(Yes, of course, there'd be more to it than that, but... yeah.)
...I find myself wondering if it might actually be written.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Heron Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:20 am

So please don't kick me off the board...but I found something confusing. And maybe it's already been cleared up? If so, please tell me to stuff and Apple in it.

Chapter 17
“I should have, Luna. I’ve ruled for a thousand years. His father was flexible. And his grandfather. He’s more in his great great grandfather’s demeanor.” Celestia sighed, shaking her head. “Sometimes it’s so hard keeping them all straight over the centuries. I thought the rescue a simple, elegant solution. I feared delay would kill the hostages. And now… having lost the Wonderbolts…”

Celestias comment about the grandfathers ruling in succession seems to conflict with what lancer says here

Chapter 59
The question seemed to shock him. “You want to know?” he asked, looking from one to the next, as if he’d never seen ponies interested in it before. “Our people were not ruled by immortal royalty. We elect a Caesar from the tribes. All thirteen tribe elders get a vote, and no tribe could have consecutive Caesars.”

Blue Heron
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:22 am

No need to be so worried. :)

Anyway, yes, this has been brought up before. Also mentioned in 59 is that tribal affiliation is matrilineal.
“He claims he is Achu! Who are you to deny that, Proditori?” Lancer snapped.
“Does that mean you are Achu as well?” P-21 asked. All this talk made me want to say ‘bless you’.
Again, the question made him grimace. “No… blood passes from mother to child, not father to child. I am Zencori.”
So, if a male Caesar is of Tribe A has a son by a mare from Tribe B, the son will be Tribe B, not A, and will thus be eligible for election as the next Caesar.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Heron Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:37 am

Ah! Thank you. That's what I get for jumping about :)

Blue Heron
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:15 am

O. Hinds wrote:I'm not sure what the exact TWRs are, sorry.  The core ship of the older rockets has a Kerbin TWR<1 when not running in LAMTRpg mode, though, remember.  You might want to research the R-7 family and the N1 for real-world semi-similar examples, but I've just been looking around a bit without finding the TWRs or the masses I'd need to calculate them.

Hmm, more researching to do!

I have a school assignment due next week, so I wouldn't be able to work on this as often as I would liked to. But full work on the rocket will resume in a week or two's time, which might involve me trying to make a rocket engine that resembles the R-7 and N1 rockets. Or even make a complete new pack with the models of the entire rocket made from scratch, whih will be fun to do  Sweetie Belle

But it might take a few months Applebloom of coding and texture mapping.... But it will be worth it ^^

Also, I just check the story Index Page and found this as a description for Volume 5

All across the Wasteland, sunshine and rainbows burst across the sky, and the Book of LittlePip, of the Lightbringer, gives hope to many who had thought it lost forever.  Troubles still beset the peoples of what was once Equestria, but now the future, like the light from above, is bright.
Except in the Hoof.  There no rainbow rings were seen; there the clouds are as thick as ever, and the rain falls upon Enervated soil.  In the Hoof, the Security Mare, for one brief moment, parted the clouds and let the city see the sky... and then she fell into the Core.  After three months of silence, she is dead.  She must be.  But...  Even if she is...  There are Things stirring in that towering necropolis, and the world should hope that she is one of them.  For if she is not... the Hoof may be only the beginning.

This is sounding great and mysterious!
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:18 am

Wait, you're thinking of writing your own MTRpg engine mod? :D

ILM126 wrote:This is sounding great and mysterious!
Ah, thanks (particularly about the "mysterious" bit; I was worried about spoilers); I got some inspiration to write that a few days ago, and Somber liked it. It's also nice to not have a placeholder there anymore.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Eeyup! I'm going to try and mod KSP! With magic! XP

Post by ILM126 Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:27 am

O. Hinds wrote:Wait, you're thinking of writing your own MTRpg engine mod?  :D

Ah, thanks (particularly about the "mysterious" bit; I was worried about spoilers); I got some inspiration to write that a few days ago, and Somber liked it.  It's also nice to not have a placeholder there anymore.

Yeah, I'm going to learn how to do it normally first then work out the physical or something convertion of that to what the Magic propulsion system might be released by the engine... Still learning about how KSP works, like Specific Impulse and ... well. I think that's it. Just those two words... Specific Impulse :\

Yeah, the description didn't give anything away at all! It is nice to see that word gone, to be replaced by something a lot more interesting to read! Pinkie Pie
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:52 pm

What about ISP, in particular?

Thanks. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:12 pm

O. Hinds wrote:@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

Um...  Hm.  You say that "Pink Cloud" ought to not be capitalized?  Why?  I'm pretty sure that it ought to be.  Though, looking at Nallar, we appear to have missed it more often than we got it right.  If that is right, that is.
Oh, though opening the main editing spoiler and conducting a somewhat irregular search, I see that you may have made your decision based on the ratio.  Hm.  Bother.  Well, I don't like leaving this unfinished, but I think I'd better hear your reply before taking action one way or another on this.  Maybe Somber will happen to be in to comment on it, too.
[/spoiler]
Yes, that one was a case of practicality rather than principle, like "travelled" and "travelling" were. Looking now, it's generally capitalized in FoE, so there's that. I can do the reverse search if that's the way you want to go.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:is the observation tower part of/at the top of the rotunda, or perhaps immediately adjacent to it?
...This is what I thought?  I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by asking the question.
I was just thinking that it was an architectural oddity, since my first association with "rotunda" is domed and decorative, generally with the dome separated from other prominently rising features. But on further reflection and a bit of research, that's not entirely the case. And, I guess, the magical floating elevators make having the tower as part of the rotunda, say in place of a spire, more practical than would otherwise be the case.

O. Hinds wrote:...You know, I wouldn't have expect you to be the one proposing an AU incest arranged marriage shipfic.  :)
(Yes, of course, there'd be more to it than that, but... yeah.)
...I find myself wondering if it might actually be written.
Why wouldn't you expect that of me?
As for it ever being written, I'd guess against it. It's a very specific setup focusing on relatively obscure characters. That said, depending on how things go I might look into the possibility of commissioning it or something like it at some point. That said, however miniscule the increment, I figure it's got to be more likely to happen now than before I wrote that.

So I got to thinking a bit today about the uncomfortable (but all too realistic) little dynamic Stable 99 had going on where they really, really cared about pregnancy and reproduction (at least if the fetus is female, though possibly if male as well), to the extent of strongly discouraging any risk-taking by pregnant mares, yet weren't exactly taking pains to make decent investigations into allegations of child abuse. I guess it's just one of those instances of cultural cognitive dissonance, exacerbated by the countervailing need to limit conflict.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Yes, that one was a case of practicality rather than principle, like "travelled" and "travelling" were. Looking now, it's generally capitalized in FoE, so there's that. I can do the reverse search if that's the way you want to go.
Yes, please. Sorry about the bother. Thanks.

Icy Shake wrote:I was just thinking that it was an architectural oddity, since my first association with "rotunda" is domed and decorative, generally with the dome separated from other prominently rising features. But on further reflection and a bit of research, that's not entirely the case. And, I guess, the magical floating elevators make having the tower as part of the rotunda, say in place of a spire, more practical than would otherwise be the case.
Ah, thanks.

Icy Shake wrote:Why wouldn't you expect that of me?
Oh, I suppose it's a side of you I've just not seen, or perhaps remembered, much. Sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:47 pm

Oh, thank you too, swicked.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:05 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Yes, that one was a case of practicality rather than principle, like "travelled" and "travelling" were. Looking now, it's generally capitalized in FoE, so there's that. I can do the reverse search if that's the way you want to go.
Yes, please.  Sorry about the bother.  Thanks.
Here you go. Weird, I could've sworn there were more.
Pink Cloud:

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Why wouldn't you expect that of me?
Oh, I suppose it's a side of you I've just not seen, or perhaps remembered, much.  Sorry.
No problem. I guess that's not the kind of thing I really bring up much. In truth, it's not the sort of idea I actually think of that often, either. But I like to imagine I'm not that stuck in the ordinary, regardless of the evidence.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:08 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much.

Icy Shake wrote:Possible case, but most likely not.
Yeah, not this one, I think.
Some of the others are a bit iffy ("Are they referring to the Pink Cloud or using the definite article for other reasons to refer to a cloud that is pink and also is the Pink Cloud?"), but it'll be fine to just convert them all, I think.

Right, I think that that's all of them. In some places I used a guided find and replace, admittedly, which, while faster, is less accurate, but I'm pretty sure it worked.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:38 am

O. Hinds wrote:What about ISP, in particular?

Thanks.  :)

Ohhh, ISP or lsp in KSP... Yeah, I'm just wondering what does it actually mean? Like why does rockets measure their efficiency with this unit. And what makes it so special? Plus, NASA is turning 100 Fluttershy

I also added a new forum thread called "Videos I've Sen Lately", it's a bit like the "PH fan art thread" but with videos. What do you think of it? Is it a good idea?
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:47 am

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Ah, thanks (particularly about the "mysterious" bit; I was worried about spoilers); I got some inspiration to write that a few days ago, and Somber liked it.  It's also nice to not have a placeholder there anymore.
Holy crap, yeah. It's way better than that thing I wrote months back, if only for making it.
I had long-since given up on removing that placeholder, to be honest. Relieved to see it finally done...

Everything eventually get's finished, in one way or another =D
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:16 pm

ILM126 wrote:Ohhh, ISP or lsp in KSP... Yeah, I'm just wondering what does it actually mean? Like why does rockets measure their efficiency with this unit. And what makes it so special?
An engine's specific impulse is its exhaust velocity divided by the acceleration of gravity at Earth's surface (approximately 9.81 meters per second per second) and is often used instead of exhaust velocity because it's easier to get directly from measurements (ISP is the thrust divided by the mass flow). Exhaust velocity is important because it feeds into the Konstantin Rocket Equation (usually called the Tsiolkovsky Rocket Equation, but I have difficulty remembering how to spell that) to determine available DV. Of course, that doesn't matter so much for us here when the ships are running in MTRpg mode, since the mass ratio goes to infinity, but in LAMTRpg mode it's important.

As an aside, the calculations for that are unfortunately a bit tricky. You can't just use the mass of water formed instead of the mass of LOX available (or the infinite mass of hydrogen available), because although that is the mass of propellant available, it's not the change in mass of the ship. Hm... Well, you might not even need the DV of the LAMTRpg mode; required burn time and thrust might be enough. The LOX doesn't need to support the entire deorbit maneuver, just slow the ship in place of aerobraking. You could perhaps use MTRpg mode to bring the ship to rest relative to the planet's surface above the landing site, turning this into an approximately 1D problem. It's an approximation, but I think it ought to be workable. I'd go more deeply into this, but my RPG group is meeting in a few hours and I still have some things to do before that. Um, consider this an educational experience for yourself. :)

Oh, and don't forget that you have Atomic Rockets as a potential resource.

ILM126 wrote:Plus, NASA is turning 100
Eh? NASA was not founded in 1915. Oh, though it looks like NACA was; I'd not count NACA and NASA as having the same origin, but is that what you meant?

ILM126 wrote:What do you think of it? Is it a good idea?
No opinion, sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:32 pm

Sigh.  I made a royal ass of myself today.  I had a great day.  Then when I was walking to my car there were a trio of religious numbskulls with megaphones and signs saying how eleven and twelve year olds needed to repent or burn for eternity in hell.  Oh, and being gay was an abomination.  I had a very unprofessional moment in which I got in megaphone guy's face... hey it's not my fault the microphone was so close to his mouth, and and screamed how dare he do this to kids.  To take his sphiel to a college, or some place with adults.  I was led away by the assistant principle, but I was so mad I was shaking.

Dunno if it's going to come back on me or not.  I wished I was more cool about it, but I had a moral imperative to respond, and I did.  Maybe not well, but I had to.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniGaunt Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:41 pm

Don't let it get to you Somber, I would have done the same. Here is hoping it doesn't bite you in the ass later.
MiniGaunt
MiniGaunt
Blank Flank

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:16 pm

I'd like to say that you've nothing to worry about, but... sigh.
Because how dare our educators actually try to protect children, right?
Anyway, though, I do hope that it turns out okay. Good luck.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:49 pm

Sounds like it would be a slap on the wrist at worst, so long as you didn't curse while children were in ear shot and didn't become physical with them
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:05 am

It's always distressing to hear of such things, and I do hope that there won't be any repercussions. Yet I fear that what you want just can't happen, since all too often the point is to target those who can't, or are perceived to be unable to, just shrug it off.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:05 pm

Guys, check this out! Someone did a review on PH! ^^

ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:36 am

Somber, when you came up with the name for the moonstone, did you have the Season 2 premiere in mind? Because the stone that Rarity thought was a diamond is called Tom.. Not sure on this, just saw an image with Rarity and the stone with the caption "Rarity And Tom"

:\
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:27 pm

I admire your calm and self control, Somber.

Were I in your place, these people would have probably needed a proctologist to remove the megaphones embedded in their intestinal tracts.

Good thing we have laws against that kind of things around here...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next