Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Epsilon
Kattlarv
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Bootleg
Twilightwolf4
Ketchup
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
iLateralGX
StoneSlinger88
Whiskey Rebellion
Vinylshadow
21 posters

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:49 pm

Lulz:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:04 pm

It just never ends:
Source: http://andrejkoymasky.com/mem/holocaust/ha18.html
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:41 pm

@ Hinds re REL: that's pretty cool to hear. Maybe by 2030 we'll finally see affordable access to LEO?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:29 pm

[frenchness intensifies]
selfbait:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIk7-tyi0qo&x-yt-ts=1422503916&x-yt-cl=85027636
http://jalopnik.com/the-alpine-vision-gran-turismo-is-the-most-interesting-1682250583
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Hype is through the roof.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:18 pm

Never watched the movies but still absolutely loved playing these games with a friend. Too bad LOTR conquest was so lacking.

unrelated, been trying to finish the copy of Metroid Fusion nintendo gave me for paying way too much for a 3DS. I suck at this game, it's good but my lack of ability is getting in the way of my enjoyment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WetCgxkQK8

Why is Dorian a big deal? We had gay characters in games since the PS1 in Fear Effect 2 and that wasn't even an RPG, though admittedly I didn't get very far in the game because as a kid I was too stupid to play it.

A much earlier Bioware game called Jade Empire had the option of being gay.

Master Chief flashes by clearly as an example of a straight character in videogames but to the best of my knowledge in all the books I read and games I've played he's not once shown a sexual attraction to anyone be they male or female. If anything he'd probably qualify as asexual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:26 pm

@Last: Yeah, it's canon, if I recall, that Spartans lose their "urges" somewhere down the process of augmentation.

@Avarice: I expect there's about to be a lot of people going to Paradise early.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Last wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WetCgxkQK8

Why is Dorian a big deal? We had gay characters in games since the PS1 in Fear Effect 2 and that wasn't even an RPG, though admittedly I didn't get very far in the game because as a kid I was too stupid to play it.

A much earlier Bioware game called Jade Empire had the option of being gay.

Master Chief flashes by clearly as an example of a straight character in videogames but to the best of my knowledge in all the books I read and games I've played he's not once shown a sexual attraction to anyone be they male or female. If anything he'd probably qualify as asexual.
Dorian was pretty well done. I think maybe it's just that he's one of the first exclusively gay male characters in gaming, but yeah, I thought they made a much bigger deal out of his sexuality than was really warranted. The whole media explosion kinda reduced him to "the gay romance option," which really fucking annoys me because Dorian is so much more than just his sexuality. He's legitimately one of my favorite characters in the game and his perspective is incredibly interesting.

@Spartans
I dunno, IIRC Team Black kept on screwing post-aug.

@Shit'sGoingDownInTitanTown
I...I just can't handle all the ass that's getting kicked.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Frost wrote:@Last: Yeah, it's canon, if I recall, that Spartans lose their "urges" somewhere down the process of augmentation.
During their augmentations they get a platinum pellet inserted into them that releases hormones (I forget for what purpose). Suppression of sexual urges was a side effect.

Frost wrote:@Avarice: I expect there's about to be a lot of people going to Paradise early.
Applebloom
Yeeeeessssssss
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Scienza wrote:@Spartans
I dunno, IIRC Team Black kept on screwing post-aug.
Google-Fu tells me that Blood Line was a supplementary comic by a third-party writer, so I'd take everything in there with a grain of salt (particularly as it contrasts what's shown in the official novels by Eric Nylund and others pretty strongly, from what I've seen of the comic).

Particularly since, by the time they'd be hitting puberty and be interested in that sort of thing in earnest, they were already starting to get heavily augmented and had already been slowly getting altered for years before.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:15 pm

40k lolz:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:25 pm

@Frost, I don't know where you heard that. In the Eric Nylund books they only got their physical and genetic augmentations when they were 13 to 14-ish. They technically could have been interested in sex by then.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:29 pm

Coupled with the sort of hormone treatments that made them look like they were twenty by the age of twelve? Or mental training and conditioning from the age of six? Then, that's again coupled with the radical physical changes that the surgical augmentation brought at 13-14
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:31 pm

*Faceplant*
Ugh... was over at my ficfiction, and though "hey, since so many appreciate my ",5" chapers of PH, maybe I'll give them a nod I'm doing a revised version with more of that fleshing out.

And somehow a "friend of somber" skimmed 3 words in the post, and threw a hissy fit how I was obviously trying to steal  their work and claim it as my own, apparent by all the credit given to Somber for writing thing, along with the clear proof that I hadn't erased all other names but my own. Along with how "being given permission" wasn't "full ownership of the work", and thus, it wasn't up to Somber what they decide to do with their work, the fans hold the rights to what is allowed! And being such a "close friend", they obviously know that what Somber loves the most is getting white knighted and being dragged into drama... seriously hope they're not that stupid, but they seem very insistent... really hope they don't bring down this rash bs on Somber.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Link to the thread that image I just posted: Writing Prompt: Due to an address mix-up, an elementary school class sends their Pen Pal letters to an elite unit of Space Marines. Today, the Space Marines are sending a response.
This thread turned out amazing...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:36 pm

@TheChief'sBlueBallsAreTotallyFromCortana
Also, the III's only got a fuckton of 'roids. Presumably they would still feel the desire for some hot pre-suicide-mission action.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Frost wrote:Coupled with the sort of hormone treatments that made them look like they were twenty by the age of twelve? Or mental training and conditioning from the age of six? Then, that's again coupled with the radical physical changes that the surgical augmentation brought at 13-14
I don't recall them talking about hormone treatment prior to the surgery. I could have missed it I guess. Would make sense.

But if they had their puberty prematurely induced you would think that would only compound the problem.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:45 pm

Not sure about premature puberty's affect on things, but it was referenced in The Flood that, on a training mission (against Marines using live rounds) when they were twelve, they already looked twenty at first glance.

@Sci: Black Team was II's, yes? Unless there was a typo on the Halo Wiki.

III's, though, were given a greater amount of mind-altering chemicals and treatments in the process (such as their programmed response to being injured to enter into a quasi-Berserkr state)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:59 pm

Frost wrote:Not sure about premature puberty's affect on things, but it was referenced in The Flood that, on a training mission (against Marines using live rounds) when they were twelve, they already looked twenty at first glance.

@Sci: Black Team was II's, yes? Unless there was a typo on the Halo Wiki.

III's, though, were given a greater amount of mind-altering chemicals and treatments in the process (such as their programmed response to being injured to enter into a quasi-Berserkr state)
Well, given that they're undergoing puberty it could be inferred that along with getting taller and bulking up they would have become interested in sex. At least until the implants that made them less interested.

And on the subject of the III's, Only the Gamma III's had their minds altered. They were altered into becoming bipolar, borderline psychotic, and almost entirely immune to shock. They can keep fighting with severe injuries after the point that even the Spartan II's would be dead. One even continued to fight, win, and continue on for several minutes despite his sternum being ripped open by a needler.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:19 pm

Aye, Black was II's, but I'm just saying, there could be some hot MJOLNIR loving going on.

I think the main problem that Spartans have with forming a romantic relationship is just that they are all, without exception, fucked in the head in some form or another. It's all incredibly understandable, but it does tend to disrupt their relationships. As one S-III put it, "You're essentially a government sanctioned sociopath, that's not normal, and some would say far from okay."
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:25 pm

Scienza wrote:Aye, Black was II's, but I'm just saying, there could be some hot MJOLNIR loving going on.

Which would be beyond weird, considering they literally think of one another as brothers and sisters.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I don't know why I thought this sort of thing would stop the shipmistress.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:51 pm

And they'd have to get out of their SPI armor to go ask a II to borrow his MJOLNIR.

Really, though, I think what's under-explored in the canon is that sexy Malekgolgo battle-bonding action. MMmmmm......swarms of eels....
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:59 pm

I'm not sure if the III's could use Mjolnir.

For some reason I thought their bones were chemically hardened, rather than surgically.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:08 am

You're right, if I recall from Ghosts of Onyx. There was a lot less surgery to save on expenses and such. There was the thing with Noble Team and their specially-made Mjolnir suits, but other than that, it's really just II's that could handle the suits--not least because II's were designed as one-man fucking battlegroups and were thought justified in terms of spending a starship's worth of money on their armor, while III's were "Expendable heroes" and their SPI armor was way cheaper
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:23 am

Frost wrote:You're right, if I recall from Ghosts of Onyx. There was a lot less surgery to save on expenses and such. There was the thing with Noble Team and their specially-made Mjolnir suits, but other than that, it's really just II's that could handle the suits--not least because II's were designed as one-man fucking battlegroups and were thought justified in terms of spending a starship's worth of money on their armor, while III's were "Expendable heroes" and their SPI armor was way cheaper

While the II's were perfectly designed and trained killing machines with tank armor for bones, were such perfect specimens of the species they could set a new galactic record for every single olympic sport, and have reflexes so fast they could kill you before you realize they've slid a laser honed knife through your throat, the III's suffered from the affliction known as 'military-bureaucracy'.

As Frost noted their whole purpose was to be 'Spartans-on-a-budget'. Their augmentation was done on the cheap, corners were cut on their armor making them barely more effective than odst armor (they lacked shields, which was compensated for with optical camo that was literally not as good as it could have been, at least until the Gamma's.), and they'd planned to have the survivors teach the next batch.

Despite this they completed every mission they were given, although they did suffer nearly 100% casualties and were thus labeled failures.

And then there were the IV's.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:35 am

Way I see it, the IV's are sort of a metaphor for Trans issues in much the same way that the II and III projects represent classical and new-wave feminist issues.

The II's give their utmost to defend all from the looming shadow of religious fanaticism and martial power. In the process, they justly earn the respect and admiration of their peers. The III's, much like modern 'Tumblr Feminists', are something of an imitation built to ride on the success of the former. Less educated and more poorly put-together, they rely on swarming and overwhelming their opponents, making themselves 'martyrs' in the process of trying to win a war they don't truly understand. The IV's, in turn, didn't start out as Spartans. From all walks of life, they receive the conditioning or indoctrination of the other Spartans, for they are already Spartans within. Their bodies are changed to become what the soldiers already were--but, as "false" Spartans, they face an uphill climb trying to prove their worth to the educated and respected, but set-in-their-ways figures like the Master Chief, a veteran of the battles of old that Spartans have fought.

Commander Palmer's got a dick, is what I'm saying.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:38 am

I literally can't tell if you're being serious or that was all just a build up to call a bitch butch.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:41 am

I like keeping things ambiguous.

Much like Palmer's crotch
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:45 am

She is a bit of a cunt.

But as I was saying, the IV's are the golden boys. They get the benefits of normal childhoods, top rated gear, and get to hang out in the largest and most advanced man made structure ever.

Fuck'em.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next