Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
Katarn
Kattlarv
Icy Shake
RoboRed
O. Hinds
Epsilon
Downloaded Skill
Kippershy
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
StoneSlinger88
Valikdu
Vinylshadow
20 posters

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 24 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:32 am

Keep practicing

Why does everything sound better in my head...:

There, a few more Tweets worth of backstory
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 24 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:56 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Repent, make amend, learn, grow and avoid repeating your past mistakes.

This is perhaps, more than all the shows' lessons about friendship, one of the most important lesson to be learned in order to grow as a better person.
Contrast with the main casts' tendencies to need the same lesson taught to them ad nauseum?
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Repent, make amend, learn, grow and avoid repeating your past mistakes.

This is perhaps, more than all the shows' lessons about friendship, one of the most important lesson to be learned in order to grow as a better person.
Contrast with the main casts' tendencies to need the same lesson taught to them ad nauseum?

If that's MLP's sin then it's still nowhere near as bad as the shit I watched as a kid. There might be in 10-15 years adults who can stomach watching MLP for reasons that aren't nostalgia. That's pretty damn good considering it's a show for kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:27 pm

They really need to make episodes, arcs or movies based on the comics

They sound a lot better than the core series

Like how the Pokémon games have better stories than Ash's journey...

"Whoops, just managed to mop the floor with some Legendary pokemon; time to forget all my skills and get my ass kicked by my rival who actually manages to keep his skills"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:52 pm

How many pokemon games have you played? Because they copy/paste the same plot virtually every time a new game comes out. The only exception is when the game is a spin off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:32 pm

The formula is the same, but the story changes from every game

Although I do admit Team Flare felt like a pale homosexual clone of Team Rocket

Or, as I put it elsewhere

"Team Flare is the younger brother nobody really likes"

Meanwhile...

March 14, 2015, 9:26:53

Beware of flying pi
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:50 pm

swicked wrote:...maybe because I mostly just talk about the ones I like?
You're doing it wrong. This is the internet; and the Internet is for bitching about how any given franchise is ruined forever.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:52 pm

So I'd been thinking that the whole "the securitrons were built with weapons they weren't built with the software to use" thing was unrealistic.
Silly me.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:54 pm

O. Hinds wrote:So I'd been thinking that the whole "the securitrons were built with weapons they weren't built with the software to use" thing was unrealistic.
Silly me.
It's amazing how much the real world imitates fiction... Scootaloo
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:03 pm

Lockmart is REALLY lucky that so much money has already been invested into the program that it would be more of a waste to cancel the program than let it continue.

I just hope the USAF and the other services are pressuring their asses to iron out all the bugs of these machines, because otherwise the only thing the US will have for itself in future air wars is a combination of stealth, numbers, ultra advanced avionics and sensors data fusion, but severely lacking in rawfirepower on an individual, airframe-per-airframe basis...

At least I'm hoping they're going to work on some upgrade packages for a number of airframes where they'll trade stealth for firepower, for CAS missions. A few hundred airframes (200-300) converted this way between all services should be more than enough to cover all the operational needs on that front.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:07 pm

The good new is:

The US are currently doing a good job of promoting alternatives to the F-35 on the foreign export market. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:17 pm

So... bearing in mind that I've not seen either of the Equestria Girls movies, here's an idea that just came to me:

Sunset Shimmer was the personal student of Princess Celestia (indicating intelligence to begin with and resulting in possession of some knowledge of ruling) who fled because of an excess of ambition. She can't use magic on Earth... but the sirens can. Mind-influencing magic, according to my reading of the wiki in researching the feasibility of this idea. They needed some magic from Equestria to work with, but Sunset was able to steal the Element of Magic. Suppose Sunset and the sirens met up and decided that it was ridiculous for people like them to just be hanging around a highschool. Sunset sneaks back into Equestria and steals something much less high-profile than the Element of Magic and thus doesn't get caught, but she makes sure that it's enough for the sirens to work with. Thus begins the conquest of Earth.

Thoughts? I have very little idea how feasible or believable this is, but it seems interesting. Might be good fodder for a rationalfic ("Suppose the overambitious former personal student of the magical immortal goddess-empress didn't suddenly lose all that ambition and settle for being a petty schoolyard bully or decide that a few dozen teenagers were surely enough to defeat said goddess-empress?"), too, and I do like those.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:25 pm

O. Hinds wrote:So I'd been thinking that the whole "the securitrons were built with weapons they weren't built with the software to use" thing was unrealistic.
Silly me.
And this is why all that money should have gone into developing an X-Wing.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Scienza wrote:
Silly me.
And this is why all that money should have gone into developing an X-Wing.
Or my paycheck
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:50 pm

Really, though, this is why we hate the Chair Force. They're up to their dicks in bleeding-edge laser spaceship nonsense and my unit can reliably expect all 13 of its tracks to go down at some point during the course of a month in the field, as consequence of them being about 30 years old.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:55 pm

If only we had this particular set of problems...

----

Man, nano-replicators, mind uploads & human level AIs can't come fast enough.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:07 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The good new is:

The US are currently doing a good job of promoting alternatives to the F-35 on the foreign export market. Spike
I mean, even if you specifically want to buy American, the latest, fully upgraded versions of the F/A-18 would probably be a better choice for most of the prospective client air forces.

Like, the biggest selling point of the F-35 is actually its avionics, radar & sensor data-fusion suit, allowing it unprecedented levels of situational awareness; linking it through NATO's Link-16 to every other planes & ground radar stations on the theater.

If its software is so shitty that it can't even fire one of its weapons because of it, this is a pretty bad sign for the aircraft's future.

You might as well buy something you know works, that doesn't cost as much so you can buy more for the same amount.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:28 pm

As another of my friends put it:
"Some things are 'jack of all trades, master of none'
The F-35 has shortened it to 'jack off'"
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Unrelated, and I haven't had time to listen to it yet, but for those interested:

Seventh Element - The Ministry Mares

A FoE-themed concept album.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:55 pm

O. Hinds wrote:So... bearing in mind that I've not seen either of the Equestria Girls movies, here's an idea that just came to me:

Sunset Shimmer was the personal student of Princess Celestia (indicating intelligence to begin with and resulting in possession of some knowledge of ruling) who fled because of an excess of ambition.  She can't use magic on Earth... but the sirens can.  Mind-influencing magic, according to my reading of the wiki in researching the feasibility of this idea.  They needed some magic from Equestria to work with, but Sunset was able to steal the Element of Magic.  Suppose Sunset and the sirens met up and decided that it was ridiculous for people like them to just be hanging around a highschool.  Sunset sneaks back into Equestria and steals something much less high-profile than the Element of Magic and thus doesn't get caught, but she makes sure that it's enough for the sirens to work with.  Thus begins the conquest of Earth.

Thoughts?  I have very little idea how feasible or believable this is, but it seems interesting.  Might be good fodder for a rationalfic ("Suppose the overambitious former personal student of the magical immortal goddess-empress didn't suddenly lose all that ambition and settle for being a petty schoolyard bully or decide that a few dozen teenagers were surely enough to defeat said goddess-empress?"), too, and I do like those.
Well, this'd hinge on the capacity of Sunset Shimmer and the Sirens to trust each others enough to be able to work together.

At least until the sudden yet unavoidable betrayal that would probably follow at some point.

Plus, at this point I suspect that the Sirens might not be the only magical creatures still living on EqG!Earth. Who knows how that might interfere with their plan of global conquest, if one of them, unhappy with their attempted global domination scheme, goes on to cross the mirror / pass on a message to the other side; alerting the Princesses or whoever might be listening that "help us, you're our only hope!".
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:02 pm

O. Hinds wrote:As another of my friends put it:
"Some things are 'jack of all trades, master of none'
The F-35 has shortened it to 'jack off'"
I would recommend The Pentagon Wars for exactly why the Bradley sucks, but it's way, way too kind to the Bradley's end-state.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Oh? So as someone who practices the Bradley, you'd say the movie is too kind to the vehicles?

I've heard lots of people on the internet say that the movie and the book it's inspired from are too over the top in their criticism of the Bradley.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:12 pm

I'd wager few of those people have seen a Bradley disabled for over a week because it turned too sharply in sand or seen a friend's foot come within a hair's breadth of being blown off when a driveshaft seized up and shattered
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Mister Frost wrote:or seen a friend's foot come within a hair's breadth of being blown off when a driveshaft seized up and shattered
Mister Frost wrote:or seen a friend's foot
Mister Frost wrote:a friend's
That's where I know you're making shit up. :v
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:07 am

ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:39 am

Gotta love those non-sequitur interjection posts...

Ahh, humans, thank you for reminding me why I loathe you...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:09 am

Talking of non-sequitur interjection posts: (do you see what I did there?) Nightcrawler. Watched the film. Not about the X-Men. Short, spoilerless synopsis: it's about a strange, low-on-resources man who throws himself into the business of filming crime footage for news networks. It's absolutely excellent. It's grim, it's seedy, and it draws you in. Hell, there's this one amazing scene where they're doing a live broadcast of some footage, and it does a fantastic job of making the viewer party to this desecration. You're made to root for it as it happens, even as you're revolted. Film's worth watching for that scene alone. I know it's a vague description, but I really want to avoid spoiling anything. Very much recommended. Closest thing to it might be American Psycho, but replaces the surrealism and gratuity with quiet. I love films like this. (Aside: if you've not seen Calvary, it's also worth a watch - that one's a blacker-than-the-river-Styx comedy, though. Different genre.)

Hey, and if you hate people, this film'll work for you, too. It is not an uplifting or flattering portrait of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:56 am

Humans doing evil things just because they have the ability to do so?

*sighs* 

I'm already battling depression and while I've long since accepted that killing myself won't change anything, I just tend to go through life one day at a time without caring one way or another; whatever happens, happens.

Funny how reading depressing (and beautifully written) fanfiction helps me put it in perspective

And I still haven't read PH72 yet...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:01 am

Harmony wrote:
Well, this'd hinge on the capacity of Sunset Shimmer and the Sirens to trust each others enough to be able to work together.

At least until the sudden yet unavoidable betrayal that would probably follow at some point.

Plus, at this point I suspect that the Sirens might not be the only magical creatures still living on EqG!Earth. Who knows how that might interfere with their plan of global conquest, if one of them, unhappy with their attempted global domination scheme, goes on to cross the mirror / pass on a message to the other side; alerting the Princesses or whoever might be listening that "help us, you're our only hope!".
Hm. Interesting points.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:14 am

Sonata sends a taco through the mirror with a message...

*brick'd*
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next