Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
Katarn
Kattlarv
Icy Shake
RoboRed
O. Hinds
Epsilon
Downloaded Skill
Kippershy
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
StoneSlinger88
Valikdu
Vinylshadow
20 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:46 am

Scienza wrote:
Last wrote:
Scienza wrote:'tis a magical time of blind optimism 
2015, year of the lesbian.
I believe.
I don't. Lesbians are a myth, like presidency of Grover Cleveland.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:47 am

Robobait, and goddamn, it's gorgeous. ..
https://derpiboo.ru/797108
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:12 am

Happy New Year, guys! Twilight Sparkle

Scienza wrote:Happy New Year, gentlemen. Make out with the person next to you and post pics plz.
Yeeeahhh no...he and I are friends, but we're not that friendly....

Last wrote:
Scienza wrote:'tis a magical time of blind optimism

2015, year of the lesbian.
Yus.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:28 am

Mister Frost wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Hmm. Dunno what I'll resolve to do. Won't be posting facepics, though, I'm buzzed from the 'nog but not THAT buzzed. :P (It's good stuff - got a consistency somewhere between foam and whipped cream, and it's not sweet, but almost buttery and bitter. Has a lot of cognac and rum in it.)
I'm more a liquor man when I drink (I really don't enjoy beer; my current drink of choice in its place is vodka & tonic with a splash of vanilla) but I can't say I've ever had The 'Nog
It's WAY different from the stuff you buy in stores, which is just a thick liquid and also doesn't contain any alcohol (until you add some, I suppose). I dunno, I think I'm a bigger fan of the store-bought stuff rather than the traditional kind we're having, to be honest - this stuff's more like airy pudding than a drink, really, it's eaten with a spoon - but I'd still have it again. Normal eggnog is one of my favorite parts about the holidays.

Reminds me of a story. I once bought off season eggnog in a can, just because it was there. A whole bunch of my friends had never tried it, and their first experience with it was this weird, canned ooze that looked and tasted like yellow paint. I ended up drinking 90% of it, constantly maintaining that it was actually really good and this stuff was just sub-par. Strange how it really doesn't seem to be a USA-wide thing, though. Even convenience stores around these parts sell it, come the holidays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:37 am

Noted, then. I might try some of The 'Nog if I see it in stores (it'll likely be on-sale or something anydick)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:39 am

Why do I even bother
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:44 am

I noted and 'preciated the effort, dude, I just didn't have anything much to say about any of it. /shrug

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:26 am

Embrace the Hype Swicked.

Embrace it hard.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:45 am

I foresee some bizarre, sitcom-style mixup resulting from this. 

Odin: "Who's that weird red monster rampaging around?"
Gil: "I don't know, just grab suddenly-blue Ava and let's get out of--hey, Ava, did you get a lot prettier since the last time we met?"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:46 am

swicked wrote:I will gladly strangle the Hype and ceremonially desecrate its cold, bloated corpse.
Why would you wait that long? Desecration is sweetest on a newly-made, still-warm corpse. That's when it's the freshest, too.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:04 am

For my part, I share the bounties of a good Hype-steak with my tribe to break the winter's chill. The pelt of the Hype shall go to the greatest of us, who shall wield the cloak as a symbol of his authority.
Our Chief:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:04 am

Mister Frost wrote:I foresee some bizarre, sitcom-style mixup resulting from this. 

Odin: "Who's that weird red monster rampaging around?"
Gil: "I don't know, just grab suddenly-blue Ava and let's get out of--hey, Ava, did you get a lot prettier since the last time we met?"
I'm pretty sure Other Ava has been cooked at this point.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:10 pm

Ye of little faith.

TITAN saves.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Man, I loved this show growing up:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Sasha:

...why is it that I can create an exhaustive backstory to a character, yet can't hold down a solid plotline?

*snarls*

-

That explains so much, Frosty
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Exhaustive by social media standards? That's like two tweets worth of characters there. Far be it from me to throw stones knowing my own art is below subpar but I think you could go a bit more in depth than that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:00 pm

Listening to the latest Anaal Nathrakh. Hard to believe they started out as seriously lo-fi (almost basement) black metal with an industrial touch way back in the day. They've sort of fallen into a rut with their last few albums of wall-of-sound industrial grind-y death metal, but they usually find something cool to do while they're there. So, the new album's not a revelation like In the Constellation of the Black Widow or Total Fucking Necro, but it's definitely not bad. Intro was pretty cool, especially. Anyway, here's the classic Shatter the Empyrean. It's easy listening for them, very melodic and not particularly crazy. It's also about Warhammer, I've been told (there are a couple of Warhammer-related songs on that album, IIRC - Sanction Extremis, Virus Bomb)

@Writing
I've often been told that the best way to do characterization is to start in on the story before doing any in-depth background work, and see how your image of the character shapes out first. You can go back and change things as necessary once you've got the idea of them fixated properly in your head. I think it makes sense, especially from the position of at least half of writing being re-writing. Get the story down on paper (or... .docx format, or whatever), and then figure out what the story is, or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:17 pm

swickedbait:
http://ultrateecee.tumblr.com/post/106638965010/have-some-sunbutt-just-before-the-new-year-before
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Last wrote:Exhaustive by social media standards? That's like two tweets worth of characters there. Far be it from me to throw stones knowing my own art is below subpar but I think you could go a bit more in depth than that.

I didn't want to bore people
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:46 pm

You know, reflecting on it, I'm starting to think that post-reformation Sunset Shimmer may actually be the best -overall- role model in MLP FiM.

What makes me think so:
- First and obviously, while she's done bad things, she's really trying to atone for them and grow as a better person.
- She isn't naive, and is the first to recognize when something is amiss in Rainbow Rocks; and while the others are getting lost in their petty squabbles, she's the one keeping her eyes on the goal and bringing them back on track.
- She's clearly more mature than the Mane 6.
- She is confident in herself and her capacities, and is powerful in her own right, but is humble about it; as she got learned pretty hard on that score in the previous movie, and actually took the lesson to heart. Take that, Rainbow Dash!

And probably a number of other things I'm not thinking about right now. But yeah, overall, as a role model for little girls I think Sunset Shimmer as of RR might be the most well-rounded character of the franchise.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:18 pm

I'd have to concur with that analysis. Also she's 'totes adorbes' as the kids nowadays say.

'kids' being my fifty-something aunt.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:53 pm

I like this analysis.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:09 am

She also has a great stripper name.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:20 am

Scienza wrote:She also has a great stripper name.
A good rule of thumb for pony names seems to be that it should also be a good stripper name. Read: Aria Blaze, Adiago Dazzle, Rarity, Celestia, or Flash Sentry for the male side of things.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:48 am

"Thunderlane"? Luna
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:14 am

Also, I think you could argue that while the kids watching the show are supposed to identify with the Mane 6, as people who are still learning all about life, and who are still bound to do a lot of stupid shit you'd think they'd know better not to do (too many examples to list); Sunset Shimmer is, outside of the Princesses, the only character in my opinion that has "grown up", who has enough experience of the world at large to be considered an "adult", while the Mane 6 would be best compared to "adolescents".

It's particularly interesting to compare and contrast Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle in that respect, as their names themselves suggest how similar they are supposed to be:

While Twilight, now Princess of Friendship, keeps learning her lessons and compile everything she learns into a book (and then seems content to forget said lessons as the plot demand...); Sunset, her, isn't content to just sit on her knowledge but puts it into practice in the world - what originally led to her demise, and finally proves to be one of her greatest strength.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:58 am

Scienza wrote:She also has a great stripper name.

Now that you've mentioned it...
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:02 am

@Swicked: True, and I'll admit I'm painting this with really broad strokes. But still, even if you transposed her into Equestria proper, I have little difficulties believing she'd still be more mature (*) than many of the established "adults" of the setting.

(*): for what measure of maturity you consider. I'll be the first to admit the notion in itself is quite vague. But yet again: broad strokes.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:10 am

But overall, I think her biggest selling point is that she used to be a power-hungry monster, who literally turned into, quote "a she-demon out of Hell" end-quote; but is now genuinely trying to amend for her past and do better.

And I think that's maybe one of the most valuable lesson you can teach to a kid, or anyone really:

Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes terrible ones, things we'll regret, things that'll hurt us and / or others. It is a fact of life, and we will all be confronted to such a thing at least once in your life. What is important is to work in order to correct the mistakes made, and if it isn't possible, to grow as a better person in order to not repeat them.

Repent, make amend, learn, grow and avoid repeating your past mistakes.

This is perhaps, more than all the shows' lessons about friendship, one of the most important lesson to be learned in order to grow as a better person.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:39 am

I've always wanted to try smithing / metal-working

This guy makes it look easy
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next