Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
Katarn
Kattlarv
Icy Shake
RoboRed
O. Hinds
Epsilon
Downloaded Skill
Kippershy
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
StoneSlinger88
Valikdu
Vinylshadow
20 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:55 pm

@Last
I like watching videos of Hearthstone every now and then, but I'm passable at card games at best and am really bad at the actual deckbuilding aspect (without much desire to get better). I think I agree that spending cash on the game's probably a bad idea, since Blizzard doesn't have the best track record when it comes to nerfing things while keeping them viable.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:11 pm

The only card game I'm really into is Magic, though I never get very far since my opposition is usually my buddy who's won several tournaments and has built over a dozen ridiculously overpowered uberdecks
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Tried out a Magic duel with my friend using a Black deck that he said was perfect for beginners

Cue me trouncing his carefully-prepared Green and White deck with me not having a clue what I was doing

My luck tends to swing wildly...

When I win, I win HUGE, and vice versa
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:14 pm

Mister Frost wrote:The only card game I'm really into is Magic, though I never get very far since my opposition is usually my buddy who's won several tournaments and has built over a dozen ridiculously overpowered uberdecks

From what I've heard local places like comic shops will hold small tournaments for card games. You could give that a try, personally everytime I've tried Magic I either have a ton of cards to play and no land or a ton of land and no cards. The card art is pretty good though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:54 pm

My experiences with Magic have been pretty similar to those of the other folks in the thread. Don't own any decks, so I play with the decks made by my friends. Did a draft once, got my ass kicked by people who knew the new set and what was good. Darn fun, though. My special skill, similar to Last's, is always shuffling in such a way as to be either mana-screwed or only draw mana.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:58 pm

Yeah, that happens a lot. Unless you're playing with a total tool, you can usually take a mulligan (with or without drawing six rather than seven cards, depending on house rules). 

I will agree that the art is fantastic; better than that of just about any other card game out there (it helps that the artists for the cards are professional artists in their own right)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:06 pm

I own a about two decks worth of magic cards, haven't really gotten serious in the hobby quite yet since building a deck is hard and I have terrible luck usually...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:23 pm

swicked wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:Favorite depiction of Hades and Persephone: 100 Days of Night
Not very long so far, the art is pretty good, very interesting depiction of the myth, and Persephone is shaping up to be my waifu ideal woman, at least physically.
Ugh, Persephone's annoying.
Nice comic, though. I love Greek mythology. Never seen this sort of spin on this particular myth, but I rather like it, as I was always a bit of a fan of classic Hades.
One of the main themes seems to be Persephone maturing, so hopefully she'll get better.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:30 pm

swicked wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:
swicked wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:Favorite depiction of Hades and Persephone: 100 Days of Night
Not very long so far, the art is pretty good, very interesting depiction of the myth, and Persephone is shaping up to be my waifu ideal woman, at least physically.
Ugh, Persephone's annoying.
Nice comic, though. I love Greek mythology. Never seen this sort of spin on this particular myth, but I rather like it, as I was always a bit of a fan of classic Hades.
One of the main themes seems to be Persephone maturing, so hopefully she'll get better.
Greek gods don't mature. They just get older.
Apparently according to the writer Persephone's still a 'young' god so she still has some mental growing to do...or something along those lines.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:36 pm

You'd be surprised what you can get for some older cards online or at a shop, Swick. 

As for the comic, I was more perplexed than annoyed by Persephone. She gets angry, sad, ect--in ways that seem utterly random and disconnected from her surroundings.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:57 pm

swicked wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:Apparently according to the writer Persephone's still a 'young' god so she still has some mental growing to do...or something along those lines.
She's really not. The comic even states as much:
http://www.100don-comic.com/comic/ch01p19/
I seem to recall (though it would probably require trawling through the creators' tumblr) that this whole blackmailing Hades plot of Persephone's is really the first thing she's done that her mother hadn't approved of beforehand, and the beginning of the comic is the first time she's been to Olympus, before that she's never left Eleusis or something along those lines.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:00 pm

Breaking news: best frenemies
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:36 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Yeah, that happens a lot. Unless you're playing with a total tool, you can usually take a mulligan (with or without drawing six rather than seven cards, depending on house rules). 

I will agree that the art is fantastic; better than that of just about any other card game out there (it helps that the artists for the cards are professional artists in their own right)
I've taken a mulligan into equally bad hands many times. Irrational, sure, but I do seem to have a gift for making decks fail to work for me. If I win, it's usually because we were doing multiplayer (as in more than 2 players) and I played the other players, or because the other guy got even more screwed over. :P (Which still means I was comparatively lucky in cards, of course.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:51 pm

Today, I was updating my Skyrim mods while procrastinating, and so the question came up in my mind again. Frost (since you seem to be the main TES man), do you know if there's a lore reason why the elves are so hideous in Skyrim? Like, did the sun in Tamriel increase in intensity by thirty percent?

I understand that with the technological upgrade from Oblivion, Bethesda decided to play with the more alien side of the elves, which is actually pretty interesting. It's just that when you go to ESO, the elves are gorgeous. And since ESO is chronologically before Skyrim...
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:10 am

Huh. I never noticed them being particularly hideous. I'd imagine it was just a graphical thing--they decided to revamp things to catch up with tech for Skyrim, and then learned from their mistakes for ESO.

But enough of your actual question. Allow me to deliver an unasked-for and unnecessary exposition diatribe on Men and Mer.

Men and Mer are, unlike Khajit and Argonians (the "beast" races), descended from the Ehlnofey, or Earth Bones--Aedric beings that descended to Nirn after the Old Ehlnofey world was sundered in the making of Nirn. A group of Ehlnofey discovered a large fragment of the Old Ehlnofey world that had landed on Nirn, and there they walled themselves off from the rest in order to try and resume their old lives. When other ("Wandering") Ehlnofey, great in number, toughened by the struggles of Nirn, but weakened in magical power by their time in the Mundas, discovered the realm and people of Old Ehlnofey, their mutual hatred caused war to break out. This war shaped and warped the landscape, creating the other continents that no one really cares about while Old Ehlnofey became what would be known as Tamriel. The Wandering Ehlnofey became the ancestors of Man, as the Old Ehlnofey became the ancestors of Mer. And the ancestors of the Argonians sat on a log and licked their eyeballs.

The Thalmor are canonically trying to unmake the Mundas and return the elves to their divine state (They don't think Man is descended from Aedra). Though they have other attempts (such as Ancano's attempt to use the Eye of Magnus) their primary means of doing this is via starving Talos of worship, which will cause him to fade--and Talos is (by the more educated scholars' opinions) mantling Lorkhan, who was foremost in making the Mundas and dying by the (elven, coincidentally) hero-god Trinimac in the process (Messer and Secundas, the moons, are his sundered corpse) Talos' death would likely lead to the world unraveling at the seams, and not even a new Kalpa (cycle of time; beginning a new after Alduin devours the old world) could re-make it.

Last edited by Mister Frost on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:01 am

Magic always trips me up, because being used to playing Yugioh makes me forget that I can't attack creatures. I still think the game is fun, it's just kinda frustrating at times.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:05 am

Frostbait:

I like the outfit

You had to have started playing at a young age

Magic can be one of those games that takes years to master

Ahhh, elementary school, where there'd be tables of kids playing Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh and I was the one kid playing Sonic Advance in the corner

Good times
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:50 am

car plate puns:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:54 am

There was also one with the ever-so-creative

"Im A Car"

Heh...

My mother had ART4ME as her license plates

She painted beautiful renditions of animals on pieces of wood; wish they weren't in storage, I'd love to show them 

She was also very talented with stamps; we had a MASSIVE wall of them in our  basements
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:01 am

Cool demon art: http://ubercharge.co.vu/post/107184761991/derekhetrickart-yes-hello-hi-i-keep-making
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:21 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Cool demon art: http://ubercharge.co.vu/post/107184761991/derekhetrickart-yes-hello-hi-i-keep-making
10/10 would preen
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:41 am

She's at least mildly amusing. Particularly the images of her thousand-yard stare superimposed over rapid slideshows of the Third Reich. 

It's my headcanon that she was Hitler's chief advisor during the war, and that's pretty much exactly what went wrong.

"Hey. Hey. Hey, 'Dolphie."

"....what."

"You should totes invade Russia."

"Fach it. Why not."

And, naturally, being stuck in that bunker with her was why he ended up shooting himself.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:26 pm

What a shame he didn't shoot her first

Unless he realized what she was and kept her alive to torture us from the grave

...clever
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Frodo needs a correspondence course and a Sharp re-cert:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:05 pm

it's true...:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Attention Everyone, i have a Video that my interest Hinds, I dunno if you want to be in for this ride unless he has already told everyone all about it...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=626073200836619
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:17 pm

I thought that some people might be interested in this.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:19 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Attention Everyone, i have a Video that my interest Hinds, I dunno if you want to be in for this ride unless he has already told everyone all about it...

Hm.  Do you have a non-Facebook link for it?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:27 pm

Unrelated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9XOSzVb0O0

@Half life

I think I might be in the minority when I say I wouldn't really care if it was confirmed. Not that they're bad games or anything, just that if Valve decided they weren't going to make another one I don't think I'd be bothered. At the most I'd probably just shrug at the news.

Last edited by Last on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:28 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Attention Everyone, i have a Video that my interest Hinds, I dunno if you want to be in for this ride unless he has already told everyone all about it...

Hm.  Do you have a non-Facebook link for it?
no do you have to log in to see it?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next