Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
Katarn
Kattlarv
Icy Shake
RoboRed
O. Hinds
Epsilon
Downloaded Skill
Kippershy
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
StoneSlinger88
Valikdu
Vinylshadow
20 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Katarn wrote:
um..it this new kind of armor?:
Yes:
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 15 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Can't remember what movie this is from.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:32 pm

schadenlulze:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:38 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Can't remember what movie this is from.
Master of Disguise, a hilariously terrible movie.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Huh. Seemed familiar, but I actually haven't seen it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Huh. Seemed familiar, but I actually haven't seen it.
It's a movie you need to watch drunk with friends for it to actually be good.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:10 pm

And as I don't do "drunk", this might seal the case against that movie for me, then.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Katarn wrote:
um..it this new kind of armor?:
Yes:

That was literally the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw that

Decided against posting any reference to it though

"Who's yer daddy?"

Apparently a midget Mario
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:38 pm

To be fair, I enjoyed it immensely when I first saw it.

I was about seven at the time, though, so.....
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:42 pm

Ahhh, the days when George Bush jokes were all the rage...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:42 pm

Mister Frost wrote:To be fair, I enjoyed it immensely when I first saw it.

I was about seven at the time, though, so.....
I'm pretty sure I saw it at around that age too, so it's one of those movies that is only good if you're drunk or a kid.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Finally watched Rainbow Rocks.

Not bad. The music was interesting.

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Once I get settled into my own home, I should really invest into a new turntable. It's probably not going to be soon, though.

Still something I look forward to. It's been over a year since I listened to my vinyl collection...

And now that I have my new hi-fi set, this should sound awesome!
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Hey Swicked, RE: your earlier comments about North Korea.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:48 pm

I'm tempted to send that to Washington DC, but I am pretty sure they wouldn't take it seriously

Is it strange that I am anticipating something bad happening on New Year's Eve?

An attack on Times Square as a worst-case scenario

Last edited by Vinylshadow on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:51 pm

I'm afraid your credibility account has you in too serious a debt for such a thing.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Oh sure, don't believe the Comnunist, he's never right...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Hey Swicked, RE: your earlier comments about North Korea.
I currently lack the patience to read what seems to be a very long, very butthurt rant on how evil and genius North Korea is (I got about to the point where it started talking about the North Korean mafia) so it'll suffice to say that, no matter how intentional their reputation may or may not be, they're still a hilariously tiny non-threat lead by Asian Cartman and possessing the approximate military power of the LAPD. I'm not going to see them as a bunch of rice-flavored deer with hunting season around the corner, no matter how butthurt that author is about his alleged many suffering and abused North Korean friends
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:18 pm

The point that opinion piece make is that constantly ridiculing North Korea and making them the butt of all jokes actually achieve the effect of desensitizing people to the sheer horror of the situation there; and leads the public opinion to be uninterested in trying to Freedomize them as a result, as they are seen as a non-threat, something that can be easily be contained.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Another case of "As long as it stays in North Korea, we don't give a shit what happens to its people"

Good job, humanity

My lack of faith cannot go any lower
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The point that opinion piece make is that constantly ridiculing North Korea and making them the butt of all jokes actually achieve the effect of desensitizing people to the sheer horror of the situation there; and leads the public opinion to be uninterested in trying to Freedomize them as a result, as they are seen as a non-threat, something that can be easily be contained.
On an international scale, they are an easily-contained non-threat. Their threat level to the West is less than that of market crashes and corporate monopolies--the West is a bigger threat to itself than North Korea is. 

It's no secret that they commit atrocities on a daily basis. We are accustomed to making jokes out of atrocities. Consider it a coping mechanism so we don't end up in the same perpetually-offended butthurt state that the author and most of Tumblr seem to be in. 

And, naturally, it's our responsibility to stop the foreign government with no bearing on the American peoples' security and safety in any way-- and the moment we do intervene in matters of human rights against oppressive, brutal regimes like North Korea, we're then a bunch of fascist imperialists who don't tolerate other cultures.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:53 pm

what the author said at the end was actually pushing toward people to raise awareness on the subject in order to make the public opinion willing to bear with the consequences of deposing the local regime.

But if anything must happen, it isn't going to be the US who'll step in.

You can be certain China will be SURE to handle the situation itself.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:00 pm

And then we can handle China, too. Then Russia. Then we pretty much conquer the world and rule as evil, husky overlords; with the (essential and mandatory) role of a pair of mismatched and bumbling minions being filled in by South Korea and Israel. Canada would be the femme fatale concubine and Australia is the blood-crazed mercenary second-in-command.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:21 pm

And Mexico is the cheap labor?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:39 pm

It's a shame you can't just hire proper mercenary armies anymore. It'd be fun to raise donations for a non-profit military.

Oh, uh, @North Korea Stuff. Yeah. That was definitely where I was going with this.

(Yes I know there are very good reasons why this isn't a thing we can do anymore, in practical, ethical, and legal terms.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:47 pm

swicked wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Hey Swicked, RE: your earlier comments about North Korea.
...okay, I skimmed the first bit, so... is this just in response to my talking about North Korea, or a response to my opinions?
Because my opinion is, again, that North Korea should end. They regularly kill people. Americans and their allies.
Their own people too, of course, but that makes them more a focus for the UN. Their actions against the USA make them a focus for the USA.
I don't think such a murderer nation state should be allowed to continue. There needs to be some plan of action of the United State government's to just end them.
This is the sort of problem whose 'plan' to solve could just involve Obama getting drunk one Sunday afternoon and looking at whoever the balls Hagel's replacement is to say "Hey, let's fuck North Korea up." And we all get together to fuck North Korea up in time for dinner on Monday.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:22 am

swicked wrote:Random, completely unrelated question:
Would a bacteria or parasite that reprograms a person's brain be impossible?
Like... what if, one day, people were able to program plagues like they used to early computer viruses? If they created a sickness that did nothing but spread and cause people to misidentify rats as cats?
Or convinced everyone it infected that it was inappropriate to wear shirts?
Or made everyone slur everything they said?
I've never really seen that sort of thing in media before. What if it became the norm to have implants just to perform regular "virus scans", after which we'd need to check into the nearest clinic for the irregularity to be identified and purged?
Similar to how some of the early, "harmless" viruses would sometimes lock up or fry computers, it could do the same to human brains.
I think I'd be interested in reading a story about something like that, if anyone's heard of one...
I'd like to think that our brains are immune to that sort of biological 'hacking' due to their complexity, but I suppose it could be possible.
I haven't heard of a story with that sort of set up, there might be a biopunk setting with elements like that, but that's about as far as I can go. I'd love to read a story set in that universe if anyone wants to run with it.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:21 am

swicked wrote:Random, completely unrelated question:
Would a bacteria or parasite that reprograms a person's brain be impossible?
Like... what if, one day, people were able to program plagues like they used to early computer viruses? If they created a sickness that did nothing but spread and cause people to misidentify rats as cats?
Or convinced everyone it infected that it was inappropriate to wear shirts?
Or made everyone slur everything they said?
I've never really seen that sort of thing in media before. What if it became the norm to have implants just to perform regular "virus scans", after which we'd need to check into the nearest clinic for the irregularity to be identified and purged?
Similar to how some of the early, "harmless" viruses would sometimes lock up or fry computers, it could do the same to human brains.
I think I'd be interested in reading a story about something like that, if anyone's heard of one...
Ah, good ol' toxoplasma gondii.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:32 am

Prions are where that shit's at, yo
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:54 am

Definitely possible

Feasibility, on the other hand...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next